Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 02 SEP 14
Record your baby's laughter. Play it whenever you're feeling the burn at work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Bali, Indonesia  (Read 29894 times)

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Bali, Indonesia
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 07:43:38 AM »
Ladies, there already is an existing thread on Riandrew's unfortunate experience in Bali at the Current Events forum. Please post your relevant reactions on that thread. Thank you.

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,245418.0.html

diyosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 12:31:35 PM »
sis riandrew i feel for you. i felt anger and fear when i read your blog. i've been to Bali very recently, last April lang. but we had a connecting flight from jakarta so we didn't go through Denpasar's immigration (sa jakarta na). i'll still go to Bali (in fairness to the place, i really liked it) but I pray to God I won't have this traumatic experience that you had. i hope you and your friend are ok. i hope that you'll get through this and find in your hearts the courage to see the world again. :)

ilurvepeanutbutter

• GirlTalker
  • |i♥peanutbutter|
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »
Tsk tsk, this should be addressed by our government asap. Good thing you guys are okay and safe!
[ ☮ ❤ ☺ ]

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
    • No Spam, No Virus, No Kiddin'!
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
just glad to share this..

Press Release from DFA
http://www.gov.ph/2011/06/06/philippine-embassy-to-provide-assistance-to-two-filipinas-suspected-as-drug-mules-in-bali/

PH EMBASSY TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO TWO FILIPINAS SUSPECTED AS DRUG MULES IN BALI

06 June 2011 The Philippine Embassy in Jakarta said that it stands ready to provide assistance to two Filipinas who were allegedly subjected to unfair treatment from immigration officials at the Bali airport.

The Embassy takes these allegations seriously, and the Embassy is verifying if there is basis to file a protest the DFA said.

We admire the two Filipinas courage in relating their ordeal, and we ask them to touch base with the embassy or the DFA, so the incident could be further documented. This will form basis for the embassys actions, the DFA added.

According to reports, the two women who prefer to be anonymous went to Bali as tourists but were singled out from the immigration line and ushered into the immigration office. 

There, they were subjected to a bag and body search allegedly without justification, allegedly because they were suspected to be drug mules.

After an and a half hours at the immigration office, the two Filipina tourists were allowed to leave the airport, where they were surprised to see the hotel driver still waiting for them.

Their hotel driver allegedly told them that he was not surprised that they were the last ones to go out, as Filipinos were usually the last ones to be let out of the immigration line. END

-- hope this will lead to safe travels in Bali in the future..
travel - resorts - hotels - staycations - buffet
http://www.chyngreyes.com  |  http://instagram.com/chyngreyes

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
Ladies, there already is an existing thread on Riandrew's unfortunate experience in Bali at the Current Events forum. Please post your relevant reactions on that thread. Thank you.

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,245418.0.html

Ladies, once again please keep to the topic. Post only relevant travel guides, tips and infos in this thread. Any off topic posts will be automatically deleted. Thank you for your usual cooperation.

:)

hulawho

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
hi riandrew,

how many days did you stay in bali? where did you stay?

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »
^
4 days, having the 1st and last - days of flight. so bale 2 whole days lang.

night 1: Hotel Sorga in Kuta (kasi free pick up from the airport). the room is creepy. pero pwede na dahil may free pickup, free bfast, hot and cold showers, and pool area.

night 2: Teba Guesthouse in Ubud. i like the ambiance. very cozy. ang gaganda ng Balinese setups ng rooms. may free breakfast, free wifi.

night 3: Hotel Kodja in Kuta (walk in). Creepier than hotel Sorga pero very ideal location. Eto lang swak sa budget that time (tutulugan lang kasi kaya ayaw na namin gumastos ng malaki). A/C room for only 200,000Rp. In the heart of Kuta Square pa. May pool, walang wifi, walang bfast. And again, creepy.

btw, iba outlet nila dun. at lahat ng hotels na yan, hindi makapagprovide ng adaptor.
eto sa kanila: rounded and three legged. bahala ka na magdala ng adaptor mo para makapagcharge ka..

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
^ Ay, ganyan ata talaga sa Indonesia. Standard nila yung three holed outlet. Nung nagpunta ko, di ako makacharge ng mga gadgets ko kasi may rental fee pag nanghiram ka ng adaptor. Nothankyou.

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »
^
for rent pa talaga? hehe di nalang nilibre, tutal for customer satisfaction naman..
swerte ko lang yung camera ko, 3-holed ang charger nya. so yung kasama ko, empty batt ang camera buong Bali trip.  ;D

phurple0515

• your bitchy, sweety, ironic, down-to-earth (",)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • La Vie En Rose
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 11:43:56 PM »
^^ natawa rin ako don ha, for rent na adaptor, hehhe...dapat part of service na nila yon....

is it the same as the outlet here in KL? Or iba? 3 holed din dito, pero parang di siya bilog.

san ba maganda na area sa Bali? pero parang Phuket din lang ata ang beach don...
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!"

diyosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »
maganda yung pinagstayan namin sa seminyak area - www.kembalivillas.com

about the outlets, yes three-pronged lahat but pinahiram nila kami ng adaptor sa villa namin

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
san ba maganda na area sa Bali? pero parang Phuket din lang ata ang beach don...
sa Ubud. dami nilang Hindu temples.
temples overload.  ;D

beach, im sure you wont be pleased too. nung day 2, puro beaches nila pinuntahan namin. nabored kami.  ;D

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 04:51:41 AM »
La Vida Dulce: thanks for the correction. my bad, nauuna talaga emotions madalas. :)

Chyng, much as I don't want to cause any more bad feelings, how did you find bali? setting aside your bad experience, which I know is hard, but since this is a travel thread, I'm really curious as to what you thought about it. My friends still want to go and I was browsing pics awhile ago and I'm honestly still interested din eh. TIA :)

phurple0515

• your bitchy, sweety, ironic, down-to-earth (",)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • La Vie En Rose
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 08:58:29 AM »
^^ thanks sis riandrew...malamang nga we'd have a tour sa Ubod temples once magpunta kami don, depende pa sa sched ni hubby...and still having doubts pa nga e after your post...pero it's not in our priority naman so ok lang to postpone muna...
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!"

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »
Chyng, much as I don't want to cause any more bad feelings, how did you find bali? setting aside your bad experience, which I know is hard, but since this is a travel thread, I'm really curious as to what you thought about it. My friends still want to go and I was browsing pics awhile ago and I'm honestly still interested din eh. TIA :)

Only the people from the airport and money changer booths gave me the creeps. pero other than them, ok naman yung ibang locals.

For me, every place is worth visiting. At walang lugar na "panget". It always depends sa interest mo. It may be ordinary to me, but it may be excellent to you. And v.versa.

I like Ubud. It really showcased the Balinese culture. When I travel kasi, priority ko maaral yung religion nila, visit their temples, know their culture, and try their food. So far, nasatisfy naman ako.

I learned that Indonesia are mostly Muslim. pero sa Denpasar, Hinduism ang religion.
Also, sa liit ng Indonesia, 2 ang timezone nila. 1 hour late sa Jakarta. Same timezone tayo sa Denpansar.

and Im not really after the beach. Nauumay na kasi kami sa temples ng day1, kaya nagbeach na kami ng day2. Yung food din pala hindi masyadong outstanding. Though may nakainan kaming warung (store), ansarap ng nasi goreng nila!

PS. US Passport ka naman di ba, then go ahead! ;)

hulawho

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »
thanks for the info chyng!

yun plug nila same as singapore ba? yun tatlong butas? :)

diyosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »
^yes three-pronged mga outlets nila

i like Bali. i'll definitely go back there. we weren't able to tour much of ubud kaya gusto namin bumalik. we went there because our aussie gay friend invited us to his birthday party there. napansin ko maraming australians pumupunta dun, mainly because they have direct flights going to bali from australia. tsaka surf spot din ang bali so my officemate na surfer, gustong gusto din dun. must try food ang babi gouhleng. sa ubud masarap yun :)

iggypop

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 05:22:57 PM »
sis riandrew bat ganon most of the hotels we visited were creepy din, parang eerie yung feeling di ba? si hub pa sabi parang nasa twilight zone daw kami kase the first one we visited we were led to room #24, creepy kaya hindi nagustuhan ni hub. so we went to another hotel, the room boy led us to room #24 ulit!!! tinaya tuloy ni hub sa jueteng 24-24, kaso talo LOL!

am reposting lang sis on this thread kase i posted it sa kabilang Indonesia thread....

waaaahhh! sis riandrew am glad ganon na lang nangyari sa inyo, iskeyri nga!

we were also in Bali a week after you were there and fortunately we had a pleasant experience naman. siguro it helped na din that we were with a big group.

on topic:

i never realized that a Bali vacation can be relatively cheap. our airfare was more expensive than the vacation itself

exchange rate was between 8200-8500 : 1USD

500usd yung pinapalitan namin and gulat ako when we were given 4,000,000++ rupiah! milyonaryo kami sa Bali LOL! i suggest huwag kayo magpapalit sa airport, better ang rates outside.

for the first 3 nights we stayed in a hotel in Nusa Dua (?), medyo expensive pero worth it naman. on our last two days, we hired a driver and asked him to bring us to a cheaper hotel. we told him our budget (around 50usd/night) and he was able to find one in Kuta. gulat ako kase parang boracay rate lang  although syempre not as nice and comfortable as our first hotel, pwede na din coz natulog lang naman kami don, free breakfast pa!

for our tour naman, we hired the same driver to take us around. we paid him 500,000 rupiah for almost 10hours, kasama na don ang gas  we were able to visit a few places lang kase 1pm pa kami nakaalis. we had to eat lunch pa. pero nice naman yung mga na-visit namin like the temples, rice terraces, jimbaran bay where we had our dinner by the beach and best of all shopping for souvenirs.

we bought our souvenirs at the local market thinking na mas mura. but our driver suggested we buy at Krisna Oleh-Oleh. Para siyang department store na puro souvenirs. I was able to buy a lot of stuff na for 2500pesos: keychains, shirts, sarongs, fans, hats, batik clothes for kids etc.

the following day, the driver picked us up to bring us to the airport (10mins away). He said free na daw coz we were nice to him. Katuwa!

Ooops napahaba na post ko  I hope this helps mga sis!
Heres the number of the Balinese driver in case you guys are interested:
Mr. Putu: +62 878 6135 1000

hulawho

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
Sayang. Mukhang ok sa Ubud area. I just planned for a day trip there. We will be staying in Legian area.

foruiz

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
I really want to go here but for security reasons are keeping me from pursuing it. Sayang I was already about to get a really cheap ticket. Afraid kasi ang mga extremists, lalo na with Osama's death... But I would still love to go to Bali sabay daan na sa Borobudur.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.