Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 20 DEC 14
Want to make your skin softer and less dry? Spread on lotion or body oil immediately after you shower.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Bali, Indonesia  (Read 31924 times)

mrs. sweet

• Mom of Erica & Elyza and a
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Bali, Indonesia
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »
I'm so excited for our Bali anniv trip! Booked PAL, para direct flight na, although not nice ang time. We intend to stay 3 nights in Ubud, 3 nights in Kuta beach and 1 night in Yogyakarta. Any recommendations on nice places to visit in Ubud? Also, how do we find Ketut (from Eat Pray Love). Meron bang arranged tours na kasama yung visit to Ketut?

soulflygirl

• best things in life are free
  • GirlTalker
  • yo! spread kindness
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2012, 11:59:42 PM »
^meron po ba kayo driver? pwede niyo lang kasi daanan yun.
Welcome to the GOOD Life =)

alexandrea

• I'm in your head and under your skin.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Resistance is futile ... if less than 1 ohm.
    • The Background Story
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2012, 06:19:25 PM »
Paano ang land transpo for Bali to Jakarta? Hassle ba? Better to fly na lang from Bali?
The Background Story - We write the stories you will never tell.

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
^sis alexandrea, better fly na lang. :) you can get a cheap airline ticket naman sa Air Asia. :) mas convenient talaga to fly. :)
I travel the world. I take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time and leave nothing but footprints. ― Maarten Schfer

Cheesecak3

• Mom
  • Super GirlTalker
  • missing my baby so much....
    • Jan's Travel and Tours
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »
We are planning of visiting Bali, Indonesia next year for our wedding anniversary. :)

cosmochick

• aint it cool to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
hello , mga sis..

need help with this itinerary:

day 1: kuta beach
day 2: hire cab all day, go to UBUD, return to Kuta at night.
day 3: wake up early to go to NUSA DUA BEACH,  Return to Kuta at night
day 4: more beach and shopping at KUta, check out.

Is this itin good? or do you suggest that we stay overnight in Ubud and Nusa Dua Beach? or should we interchange the places to visit?

Thanks mga sis.. We will go there in December before Christmas.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:33:04 PM by cosmochick »
I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud.

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »
^what time ang dating mo sa Day 1? and i suppose 12nn ang checkout mo sa Day 4?

tsaka Kuta Beach, Nusa Dua beach, and Ubud lang talaga ang gusto ninyong puntahan? also from what i know, Nusa Dua beach is mostly exclusively occupied by hotels so it's better if you check in to enjoy the beach.

if you want to go to other places aside from those three, another alternative is:

Day 1: from airport, go straight to Ubud, check-in. you have time to go around Ubud on Day 1 and before you checkout on Day 2 (but you may opt to checkout early na lang para mahaba ang time mag-go around Bali)

Day 2: after checking out in Ubud, hire a cab na to go around. you may want to segue to Tanah Lot before heading south. After Tanah Lot, if you want to seque to Padang Padang Beach (where Julia Roberts shot Eat, Pray, Love - pero this is a small rustic beach w/ stone formations, hindi siya fancy fancy, pero i liked it kasi mga ganito ang trip ko). After Padang Padang Beach, proceed to Ulu Watu cliff. Then proceed to Nusa Dua and check in.

Day 3: Wake up early to enjoy Nusa Dua, checkout at lunch. go to Kuta and check in. Enjoy Kuta beach and shopping.

Day 4: Enjoy Kuta beach and shopping. Checkout

Tsaka depende kasi kung ano mas trip ninyo, dun kayo mas mag-spend ng time. Kuta beach is more touristy, maraming beach and water activities, parties, etc. Nusa Dua Beach is more quiet and more exclusive.

Pero if you're really set on the three spots: Ubud, Kuta, and Nusa Dua. Then tanggalin lang natin yung other spots:

Day 1: from airport, go straight to Ubud, check-in. you have time to go around Ubud on Day 1 and before you checkout on Day 2.

Day 2: Go around Ubud before checking out. Checkout at 12nn. Proceed to Kuta Beach. Check-in. Enjoy Kuta beach and shopping.

Day 3: Enjoy Kuta Beach again before checking out. Checkout. Proceed to Nusa Dua. Check-in. Enjoy Nusa Dua beach and the hotel.

Day 4: Enjoy Nusa Dua beach and the hotel. Checkout.
I travel the world. I take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time and leave nothing but footprints. ― Maarten Schfer

Onomatopoeia

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2012, 12:25:50 AM »
^
How much was your estimated expenses for this trip? Thanks in advancce

zhanne8

• a Facebook Entrepreneur
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • a Mom, wife, entrepreneur and a GT (girltaker!) :)
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »
Hi! Would anybody know how much is the price for transport and what kind of transport coming from Jakarta to Bali? And how many hours will it take? Thanks!

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2012, 02:11:13 AM »
^best to travel by air. 1hr travel. My roundtrip airfare before was 8K under Garuda Indonesia. mas mura sa Air Asia, merong 3K pag promo, mga 5K pag regular fare.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:17:31 AM by meimei »

zhanne8

• a Facebook Entrepreneur
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • a Mom, wife, entrepreneur and a GT (girltaker!) :)
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2012, 09:48:11 AM »
ok, thanks meimei. :)

alexandrea

• I'm in your head and under your skin.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Resistance is futile ... if less than 1 ohm.
    • The Background Story
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2012, 01:52:13 PM »
We can't go to Bali na. :( Anyway, there's a next time. For our coming trip, we will go to Bandung and Yogyakarta! So excited!
The Background Story - We write the stories you will never tell.

beachpatrol

• witty title here
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • nostalgic wander kid
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »
Sarap magshopping sa Krisna! Ang mumura ng paninda. :D
Nothing worth having comes easy.

jasmine3689

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »
instead of bali go to boracay,palawan, or aman pulo.maganda pa beach natin. :)

mrs. sweet

• Mom of Erica & Elyza and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
^I agree, Bali (beach) is at no par with Boracay and the likes. Pero sometimes kasi, we travel/go to other places not just for the beach alone. We learn and experience their culture, meet new people and breathe new air hehe. Pag beach lang talaga ang hanap niyo, Boracay is the best (minus the trash and the congestion of course)! :)

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
^ and ^^, yes mas maganda pa ang beach natin.

but to other sisses, ako actually nag-enjoy ako sa Bali. kasi hindi lang naman beach ang makikita dun. i appreciate seeing the wonderful landscapes of other countries. like sa Bali, meron silang cliffs and rock formations along the beach. you'll also get to experience a very different culture. so if either nature tripper kayo or you want to submerge yourself in different cultures, and you're not just a beach bummer, then Bali is a good choice.

ShyTypeGirl

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2013, 11:21:29 PM »
Hi! Can anyone recommend me a driver to hire like 5 days in bali. Ive tried to email japanyoman but he hasnt replied. Thank you in advance.

chianti

• GirlTalker
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »
^ Will pm you the contact details of the driver we got before.

yezzel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
nakabook kame ng oct 11 - 15 sa jakarta . hassle daw magbyahe to bali .. kaso ayaw gumastos ng 2 kong friends so malamang stay put na lang kame sa jakarta, ano ba maganda puntahan sa jakarta ?
my 3 months solo backpacking in southeast asia
https://vimeo.com/channels/arienne/93681400

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2013, 04:01:55 PM »
^naliligaw ka. this is "Bali, Indonesia" thread. for Jakarta, go to:

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,214148.0.html

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.