Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Which one would you go for, quality or quantity?  (Read 8479 times)

swt_fem

• ZION's mom, a happy wife, a Team Manager, and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • ♥ ♥ ♥
Re: Which one would you go for, quality or quantity?
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 02:33:09 PM »
Before, I go for quality but after giving birth, maliit na sakin yung old clothes and I think it's time to replace my wardrobe so I go for quantity now. Lalo na wala naman kami uniform sa office, ayaw ko naman mag paulit ulit ng damit like weekly, sana at least monthly or every 2 months bago ako mag ulit ng damit. But for jeans and shoes, I go for quality parin. :)

kikay_machine

• GirlTalker
    • Bulilit at Bakulaw
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 01:31:50 AM »
I go for quantity, especially that since college hanggang nag-work ako never ako nag-uniform. And ayoko ng paulit-ulit yung damit ko, so I have an interval of at least two months bago ko mag-ulit ng damit. But for jeans, bags and shoes, I go for quality. Though, may mga shoes ako na from bazaars lang pero di naman agad nasisira kasi di ko naman sila always nagagamit, naka-rotation sila.
Bulilit at Bakulaw
http://mamidadi.net

littlemissspoiledbrat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »
i go for quality, becauseit would last long andyou really have to invest in some types of clothes. for example for pants you should consider the cut, denim and how it fits you.i always say that youre jeans can make or break your outfit so this one i go for quality. cardigan is also a good investment, you can buy from zara plus they gowith anything you can wear it for casual days, and even with formal events. for heeled shoes you have to go with quality but for flats i say buy something thats not expensive a lot a stores offer flats for less than 1000, no need to buy something thats too expensive when youre just going around walking around doing errrands. dont forget bags too, go for quality, i still have my moms designer bags that she bought before i was born.

eggtart

• Right-Left Confused
    • House of Lilliput
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »
Quality syempre but hindi pa afford and Designer items eh. Hanggang Zara lang.
House of Lilliput | http://houseoflilliput.multiply.com
Musings of a Right-Left Confused | http://leftrightwhat.blogspot.com

kettlekorn28

• a very happy wife & mom and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »
For jeans and shoes, i go for the quality of the item. para naman magamit ng matagal. for tops, hindi naman ako mapili. kahit hindi branded ok na. meron naman kasi na murang tops na matibay rin naman
God has given us the greatest gift of all. And that is you, Baby Matthew! :)

vintagelove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 12:49:30 AM »
for shoes and pants i go for quality. pero sa mga tops and other stuff wala akong care kung galing pa yan ng ukay ukay basta mura at maganda ang fit sa katawan ko. haha  ;D

Serena.

• EPIC
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Introvert :)
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 10:34:08 PM »
QUALITY.

xxx
Your past describes what and who you are today. Hence, those who experienced deep loneliness know what true happiness is. xx

CebuGem

• Amber's Light
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Lucid Intervals
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »
For office wear (button down, blouse, pants and blazers), I go for quality because I tend to repeat clothes at office. Good quality clothes can last a lifetime with proper care even if used often.

For party/formal dresses and denim jeans, I go for quality also because I don't want to buy and wear a dress just for a single occasion (except for the wedding gown, lol). Denims are wardrobe staples and I don't want to hoard a lot for I don't have a huge closet.  :P That's why I don't have a single bright colored jeans that seems to be fad lately.

For shirts and tops, I go for quality and quantity. I sometimes end up using shirts as pambahay.

For shoes, I go for quantity and quality. I love shoes so I tend to buy a lot but I always make sure that they are of good quality.

gil12

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 01:47:39 PM »
when I was younger I usually go for quantity, kung ano kasi uso dun ako. now that I'm older I realized mas important talaga quality, may tendency kasi mura nga pero nakatambak lang din. depende rin siguro sa body type, tulad ko I'm on the heavy side, I can't buy in tiangges kasi mostly free size sila kaya I usually buy pricier items pero with the right size.

lonelymiss28

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 07:17:45 AM »
i go for quantity, kasi sawain talaga ako sa damit saka most of the time i will only wear it once then pag di ko gusto fitting di ko na sya gagamitin ulit and it's practical for me kasi mga nieces ko magkaka size kami so it's easy na ipamigay sa kanila yung mga damit ko in a way di rin sayang, same goes with my daughter palitan lang kami minsan ng damit oag di na namin gusto.

pinkk

• Life's a beach, ride with the waves~
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7UaG03Zgg&feature=related
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 07:40:36 AM »
Depende. Not all with quality is best, so with quantity.

minidressforless

• Minidress for Less
  • Probationary
  • I am a work-at-home mom and proud!
    • Minidress for Less
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »
I go for quality first before quantity...I don't shop very often kasi so mas best for me na nakakasiguro ako na matibay ang bibilhin ko...kung pambahay lang pwede na sakin quantity marunong naman ako pumili ng stylish clothes na hindi rin naman mahal ^_^ tama, hindi mo kailangan gumastos ng napakalaki para mag mukhang maayos basta marunong ka lang kumilatis makaka bili ka pa rin ng magandang items na hindi rin naman kamahalan...

chemarie

• Work of Arch
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
Ngayon, nasa quantity side ako kasi nag-aaral ako sa university na walang uniform. Ang goal ko ay wag masyadong umulit ng damit, besides I can't afford quality clothes yet kaya malimit ako sa divi at landmark
I love wedding details!
Monograms - http://workofarch.blogspot.com

det060403

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »
Quantity.
Kahit cheap yung clothes, thats fine. Mairaos lang! LOL I dont get to wear them again, sort of!  Kung ulitin ko man, medyo matagal pa or the clothing is really comfortable and is easy to pair with anything...  Madali din kasi ako magsawa. Sayang naman kung mahal yung bibilin ko tapos one time ko lang isusuot. haha Arte lang, ayaw ng paulit ulit. hehe pero sa tshirt, tank tops and shorts pwede pa! Wash and wear kumbaga! ;D
I dont go out that much either, and Im not fond of dressing up... so hindi ko din talaga mamamaximize ang gamit. thats why i dont bother spending a chunk amount of my sweldo to buy a single piece of damit thats way over my budget. chos!
Sometimes you turn back. Sometimes you walk away. And sometimes, you find the place you're meant to be, & you stay there.

Sharing our SDE by Blacktie Project
http://vimeo.com/84460012

lonelymiss28

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 11:08:31 PM »
siguro ang magandang quality na meron ako sa closet ay yung mga leather jackets ko.

JayLan

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »
when it comes to shoes, bags and jeans, i would go for quality but for tops, acceptable na din for me ang quantity. pero pinipili ko pa din ang binibili ko. medyo pihikan din kasi ako sa clothes, gusto ko yung maganda at mukang mamahalin pa din pag suot kahit na mumurahin lang.

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
Syempre quality! : )
para pangmatagalang gamit lalo na at classic piece.

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2013, 01:34:00 AM »
I'd go for both.
I have good quality clothes that has lasted me years of constant wear but is still in good shape. I also buy clothes that are moderately priced, sometimes even insanely cheap. yung mga cheap purchases ko, even if i wear them 2-3x, ok na rin.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

chixilog

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2013, 09:08:56 PM »
quality din ako

ching-chung-chang

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2013, 07:19:28 AM »
When it comes to jeans and shoes I choose quality. Pero for tops, quanitity kasi I only get to wear it a few times. Hirap kasi now with the fast fashion, if you want to have the uso tops mamumulubi ka if you choose quantity lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.