Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Which one would you go for, quality or quantity?  (Read 8478 times)

mikelly

• Junior GirlTalker
Which one would you go for, quality or quantity?
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:41:39 AM »
Hi guys. Just want to know your inputs if you go for quality or quantity in buying clothes.  Ako kasi, I used to go for quality and the choice of clothes that I used to buy lasted for years naman. Like sa Kamiseta, they are a bit pricey pero I have clothes with this brand na I can still use after 5 years, really!  :D

But now that I am already married and has a kid, I become practical when it comes in buying something.  Pag quality talaga, most of them are pricey ones.  Pero pag bumili naman ako ng mga ganito, 1 or 2 lang then ipon ulit ng money para ma-afford ulit yung amount ng branded ones. 

I wish I could buy more clothes for variety but I cannot do that for clothes that ranges P500 and up.  I am thinking of buying cheaper ones so I could purchase more.  Siguro it's how the way we handlle clothes like in washing, ironing and storing para tumagal sila.

How about you, which do you prefer in buying your stuff? 
You have the power to make things work.  If you want something, make it happen.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Which one would you go for, quality or quantity?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 02:23:19 AM »
I'm not very choosy with the brands of clothes that I wear but when i really like something and the fit is perfect, I buy them in different colors kahit mejo mahal. That goes for tops, shoes, and dresses.

I like kamiseta but I think their clothes are very overpriced to think na the material is not that good the way it used to be. I prefer Bayo much more than Kamiseta nowadays.

I still do splurges even if I have a kid now cus I'm working naman and it feels good to reward myself from time to time. I also buy from tiangges like St Francis and what I normally hoard there are flat shoes kase sa sobrang mura, yung 1k ko 3-4 pairs na yan. Kaya I have a closet-ful of shoes and hinde naman nasisira kagad kase I dont use them everyday, alternate talaga  yan.

That said, at the end of the day, I would still go for quality. Kase just like what you've said, most of the time, when you buy clothes from really good brands, assured ka naman of good quality (though not all the time naman). So in the long run, kahit na napamahal ka ng bili, ok lang cus you can use it for a long time.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

kaycee0307

• Super GirlTalker
    • KikaysiKat
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 01:01:54 PM »
it depends

for jeans, jackets and classics like the crisp white polo or basta yung okay lang ulit ulitin I go for quality so okay lang mahal

but for tops and trends.. I go for quantity, kasi Im not fond of wearing the same thing more than 2x

ads83

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »
mikelly: same tayo sis. now that im a mom, i want to be practical. for my lifestyle and our budget, i go for quality basics. i buy from mango, promod, zara, dp, topshop, etc. because of the fabric. kase now that i have a kid, i dont have the time to handwash my blouses. i just throw everything in the washing machine and bahala na ang helper namin sa pagfold. i instruct our helper to just hang or fold my shirts and blouses. maganda parin mga blouses ko although some of them i wear atleast once a week. i just buy a trendy bag, a pair of nice shoes, and accessories para medyo-IN naman ako kahit im a mom already.

mura lang naman ang mga basics sis, you can still buy a lot lalo na pagsale and you still get quality items. i go window shopping a lot and i keep an eye on a couple of items a like, then
pagsale i get an item in different colors.

prisma

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 05:13:49 AM »
Depends.

Jeans, joggers- i go for quality.  My 7 jeans which is my favorite is more than 10 years old already.  Shape is maintained and is very very soft.  Luckybrand jeans- i like also.

Tops-anything goes as long as material is good

sardonyx

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 10:51:15 PM »
i go for quality.   sayang din naman kasi ang pera if after one use ay sira na.  mostly, i buy only from sale items.   but not the high end ones naman.  it's better to buy quality items on sale than divisoria type of clothes.  it may be cheap but it could be of poor quality.  the price difference may not be that big or what's worse, pare-pareho lang pala ang price nila kung naka-sale!

dulcette

• a little doll & a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • the little doll
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 11:31:09 AM »
quality.

i went on a shopping spree before sa 168, mga 6 months ago, spent 15k on clothes and accessories.

guess what, naglaho na sila ngayon!
madaling masira, weird sizing, lahat na.

i tend to take care of my stuff more kasi pag mahal, and pag unique or maganda talaga yung design, so ayun, puro branded natira sa wardrobe.

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »
For officewear I am an Ukay girl talaga haha~ When I go to Pinas I visit my suking Ukay shop to buy office basics--skirts, office blouses, blazers.  Sa pants ako maarte lang, since I have big thighs relative to my waist, I find na  US and European brands lang na jeans  ang maganda ang fit for me.  So for this, I splurge. But the rest, hindi ako maarte.

the_missus

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
Before when i started working and needed a whole new wardrobe, i went for quantity over quality. Then most of those clothes ended up sa garage sale or being donated so mas mahal pa ang labas. It helps that I'm not into trends and go more for classic pieces. And in some cases naman, quality doesn't mean expensive. I check the material used and sewing.

chubbycheeks

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
Quality always but it doesn't have to be pricey.  I look at the trends in good boutiques and see if these are available in local shops.

blackshirt13

• Late bloomer
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Who is blackshirt13?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 12:37:40 AM »
i go for quality, though that does not necessarily mean i get expensive stuff. that's what ebay is for, since i have no time or patience to go looking for ukay-ukay. ;) i only go for branded, good-quality clothes at the mall when they're on sale. and i usually just pick basic, easy to mix-and-match pieces so i get the most mileage for the money i spent. :)
I'm on Blogger and WordPress

rychel07

• Working, living my life and having fun being a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 10:53:30 PM »
before quantity, now quality na. specially after reading the latest sales and promos thread here, pwede naman palang makamura ng hindi nasa-sacrifice ang quality ng items na binibili ko, basta updated lang kung san ang may sale, or san ang mga outlet stores. kaya now, kung san may sale, andun ako! lol
Always choose to be happy. :)

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 12:48:36 AM »
I always go for quality. Kaya konti lang ang laman ng closet ko heheh
(nah. I'm trying to be a minimalist ;D)

mc5

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »
I go for quality and if it fits me perfectly ;)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 10:21:19 PM »
I go for quality classics.    After a couple of years, your clothes are still in good form and in style - just  update with accessories occasionally.  Quality classics  never go  out of style, so after a yearor 2, marami rami na rin yan. 

orangetag

• Orange Tag - where frugal fashion starts!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
It depends. For classics, i go for quality. Like sa jeans, LBD, etc. Kasi forever mo sya magagamit. But for dresses, tops, i go for quantity. Usually naman if hindi paulit-ulit ginagamit hindi din agad nasisira. :)

a_y_e_n

• I'm on PMS (Purchasing More Shoes) mode. i love being a newbie mommy and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a girl can never have too many shoes!
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 10:33:52 PM »
quality for me lalo na pag classic pieces na alam kong magagamit ko ng matagal. pero pag mga "uso" i go for quantity.
there once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her HEART
http://kerenkeng.blogspot.com/
http://mylomolove.blogspot.com/

Winterly

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 04:18:17 PM »
Quality & quantity, I will choose quality.

baby_chichay

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I think, therefore I am.
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 06:46:12 PM »
Quality of course.  :)

buchi

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 07:08:05 PM »
naku quality is good.. pero most of the time.. lalo na ngayon ah.. syempre masaya [textspeak!] marami kkang clothes. does not matter kung gano katagal eh.

[textspeak!] nafnaf ko 10 years na pero di ko na rin sinusuot [textspeak!] halos lahat ng picture mo makikita na siya hehe

for me ok naman ang quantity pag sa clothes. madali  naman tayo mag sawa mga sis! ok na rin naman kung we get to have more clothes, iba ibang style diba.. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.