Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 24 OCT 14
Do you have blemishes on your face? Try making a paste out of blended pineapple and carrot. Apply it to your face for 15 minutes, then
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: stye  (Read 2747 times)

roxykarlo

• mom of miguel and a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • God is good all the time.
stye
« on: May 03, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
hi girls.. does anybody know how to treat a stye? i have a stye for 3 days now.. any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.. thanks..
bones strikes back!

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Super GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
Re: stye
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:49:51 PM »
try warm water sa cotton, not to hot ha,  or saline solution let it stay for awhile and wag putukin  and look for an eye ointment or something like neospirin na antibiotic thats safe for the eye. it takes a few days para mahinog ang stye. the warm water should help.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

roxykarlo

• mom of miguel and a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • God is good all the time.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:08:56 PM »
okay. thank you sa tip sis.. will try it now na ;)
bones strikes back!

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Super GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »
sige try mo now na :) good luck!
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

minatay91

• A Whimsical, Dizzy and Maarte
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 12:50:15 AM »
Hi po sis. Just want to share my experience and what I've done to treat my stye. 3rd day, nawala na po yung sa akin, yung classmates ko, naabot yung kanila 2-4 weeks.  ;D hehe
When I first noticed it, I got soooooooooo self conscious, super, coz maraming nagsasabi sa akin na yung mga may stye, naninilip po or kinagat ng cockroach!  :-[ hay naku. (none are true btw)
Basically, na clog po yung follicle mo, at may infection. dapat ma.open mo yung clogged follicle mo. One of the best ways to do this is to put warm compresses. But nako, talagang hirap at I got sooo lazy after 4 tries. What I did was pour hot water into a kabo, or any container, then dip a towel into it. Then tested it at the back of my hand if the heat was tolerable enough. I had it on for 20 minutes, flipping it if it doesnt feel warm anymore. I persisted because I could still see it. I think I repeated for 4 times.

Next day, may swelling pa, but no visible redness. Parang, medyo2, as in liit lang po, naging medyo chinita yung eye ko. Hindi cya visible unless talagang nagstare ka sa akin in close distance. That day was SUNNY and DUSTY too.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT ANY FORM OF BRIGHT OBJECTS. I don't know why, but it made my squint, and for some reason, probably irritated it, secondary to the wind blowing and we were on open ground. It was painful and itchy then (tolerated that open/outdoor activity for a half-day) and turned pinkish. DO NOT SCRATCH IT NO MATTER WHAT.

I grew impatient and put Terramycin ointment on it. The one they use for eye prophylaxis on newborn babies, and I put it 2x a day, in morning and at night. Before the nighttime terramycin, I did the warm compress thing.

3rd day, it was verrrryy minimal swelling, parang slightly puffy, tiny little bump on my eyelid. Continued with the hot compresses, and antibiotic til the 5th day. But practically on the 3rd day, it was very negligible.

Hope I helped sis.
"The only shame in life is not having any."

Avoid what will require an apology.

blushberry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 02:40:53 AM »
This is a weird suggestion, pinapatanggal ko yan thru minor surgery at one point. Pero she pulled out lang the hair sa stye one time and natanggal naman.
Vulgarity begins when imagination succumbs to the explicit.

sweetescape

• GirlTalker
  • is a newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 10:59:43 AM »
hi mga sis! help naman.. i had chalazion surgery 2 weeks ago.. erp nag recur pa din stye.. antiobiotic resistant din ata to kahit natanggal na mga nana.. baka u can recommend any herbal na antibacterial en how to use it.. im taking antibiotics now pero i doubt kung mattanggal next week. just in case di matanggal, i want to try natural remedy [textspeak!] i dont wanna take a stronger antiobtc for this.. pls help! thanks!
is in surreal mode.

Chantal89

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »
sweeteascape, you really should discuss that with your ophthalmologist.  I use blephagel before kasi may eyelids are oily.
This is what it looks like. http://www.spectrum-thea.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?id=34&catID=3

doctor_betty

• GirlTalker
  • Shopping makes the world go round
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »
Always, always, always consult with your ophthalmologist. Stye or medically known as hordeolum may be subdivided into internal or external. Iba din ang chalazion. Tama some sisses when they recommended warm compress over the area. Antibiotics for soft tissue infections are usually advised like Cloxacillin and Co-Amoxiclav. But never, ever self-medicate. Your ophtha will tell you what antibiotic is indicated if and when deemed necessary. Tama din yung ibang sis na nag-suggest ng surgery. May mga pagkakataon din na yun ang treatment of choice. So it's really a case to case basis.

No other substitute to treatment than a thorough examination by an ophthalmologist. Iba kasi yung dinedescribe lang the lesion sa mismong nakikita talaga ng doctor yung lesion.

Always consult with your ophthalmologist ;)

You are born an original. Don't die a copy.

PrincessC

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
twice na akong na-surgery dahil sa stye. pero minsan, simula pa lang, i apply maxitrol ointment para di na lumaki.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.