Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vets in Practice (VIP)  (Read 39978 times)

Pattybee

• Super GirlTalker
  • Back to being a full-time Mommy
Re: Vets in Practice (VIP)
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »
Took our 8 month old cocker spaniel to VIP Mandaluyong last night for the first time. We had him assessed kasi his previous owner just gave him away, no records or anything. Consultation only is P300. We're happy with the way our pup was attended to last night. The place was full even at 7pm!

gogreengorgeous

• Senior GirlTalker
    • The Curious Case of A Late Bloomer
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2012, 11:02:38 AM »
Dito yung vet namin and sobrang ok sya pag vaccine ng tzu ko as in di umiyak saka di pumapalag palag...pero yung isang naman na vet dito na naghandle sa tzu namin parang mabigat ang kamay :( wala kasi yung vet talaga namin, pero need na i-vaccine kaya pumunta kami..ayun iyak ng iyak yung tzu ko nung saksak ng vaccine kakaawa lang. kaya next time we will make sure na di sya ang humawak sa tzu namin hehe, sanay yata kasi yun sa big dogs e

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2012, 01:01:47 PM »
@Thalassa, we tried Carveldon twice when VIP was currently moving from their old clininc in Mandaluyong to their current hospital now. Dun namin pina-cast yung leg ng cat namin who got into an accident. Maliit lang yung clinic nila dun pero okay na rin kung minor procedures or consult lang pagagawa mo. For major procedures sa VIP Hospital pa rin nila ginagawa. The consult fee should be the same lang with their hospital. Sorry forgot na how much.

@Pattybee, yes the place fills up talaga. So best to come in first thing in the morning para una ka sa pila. And sa parking na rin! But they're 24/7 naman and meron laging attending vet (if you're not particular kung sino mag-handle sa baby mo.) Mas mahal nga lang fee nila if after regular clinic hours.

Thalassa

• Probationary
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
Thanks for the inputs, @mama squeak! and @pattybee! :)

ToughEmpress

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Positivity.
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »
Where is this Doc Gina of VIP on duty, sa Alabang or Mandaluyong?
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »
^ mandaluyong. She's mostly on night shift. But they do rotations, so minsan she's on day shift naman,

cocoysmom

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2012, 02:31:52 AM »
any idea how much na ang vaccination ng dog sa VIP lately? nahihiya ako to call about their pricing eh. usually i go there for consultations. eh so far ok mga doggies (pwera usog, hehe) so planning to have them vaccinated there naman. ask ko muna para i can prepare the amount. :)

gogreengorgeous

• Senior GirlTalker
    • The Curious Case of A Late Bloomer
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 10:14:24 AM »
^sis yung siningil samin ng VIP:

300php for rabies
400php for 5in1
450php for kennel cough

maliban pa sa vet's fee mga 300 siguro (depende rin sa vet kung sisingilin ka or hindi kasi pag parang follow up vaccine wala e)

oops i forgot to add, shihtzu ang pup ko..di ko alam kung iba pa ba ang price pag mas malaki ang dog? ewan ko lang din hahaha :D

maricar14

• Bitchy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Missed our chance again for another 6 years!!!
    • Cafe Chocolat
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »
Would anyone know the clinic hours and doctors schedule in VIP Alabang? I just moved to Bacoor and I am looking for a Vet for my dogs. There is a vet just outside our village but I am not happy with her. I brought my dogs to her for vaccination and yung isa for vaccine and general check up since I just bought her. She just gave the vaccines but didn't even bother to do general body check ng dogs.
"Leadership must be earned, not bought nor inherited."  -
Richard J. Gordon

http://maricar-cafe-chocolat.blogspot.com/

abuanddiego

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2012, 01:31:47 AM »
gogreen..ganyan din singil sakin ng vet namin for the vaccines ng shih tzu, mas mataas lang yung vet's fee ng VIP. Ang gamit ng vet namin is 8in1 instead of 5in1 at mas mataas ng onti ang singil nya pag sa bulldog ko.

Mga sisters, kung makabalik kayo sa VIP can I ask a favor hihi, pwede bang matanong kung how much ang neutering services nila using the inhalant type of anesthesia for a bulldog weighing 22-24kilos? Nabanggit ko ito sa vet namin, pero hindi nya magawang kumuha ng machine because it's expensive at clinic lang ang sa kanya, not a hospital, wala sa budget at baka wala din daw gaanong magavail. I really wanted to call VIP to inquire pero uneasy ako pag phone conversation, mas gusto ko personal kaso never pa kami nagawi sa VIP since we are from QC pa.
Say it like you mean it!

beanie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2012, 07:45:16 PM »
Doc Niels actually texts to inform me na ang babies ko are due for their annual pro heart vaccination. He goes to our house personally to administer these injections. :)

Tapos nung around December last year, he personally handled one of my baby's case kahit na he was in Thailand shooting for Born to be Wild. He took time to check her xray films para alam nya what's wrong with my bebe. :)

Di ako masyadong fan ng mga junior vets sa alabang branch. Sayang Kase umalis na si doc les. Ok pa naman sya Kase nung unang clinic nila sa mandaluyong naabutan ko na sya na nag a-assist Kay doc Niels kaya kampante na rin sana ako sa kanya nung sya yung nag man sa alabang branch.

ToughEmpress

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Positivity.
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
Doc Niels actually texts to inform me na ang babies ko are due for their annual pro heart vaccination. He goes to our house personally to administer these injections. :)

Tapos nung around December last year, he personally handled one of my baby's case kahit na he was in Thailand shooting for Born to be Wild. He took time to check her xray films para alam nya what's wrong with my bebe. :)

Di ako masyadong fan ng mga junior vets sa alabang branch. Sayang Kase umalis na si doc les. Ok pa naman sya Kase nung unang clinic nila sa mandaluyong naabutan ko na sya na nag a-assist Kay doc Niels kaya kampante na rin sana ako sa kanya nung sya yung nag man sa alabang branch.

Dr. Lester Lopez of VIP Alabang misdiagnosed one of my labs which led to his death 6 months ago. It's really traumatic and disappointing. Sayang lang talaga dahil wala at that time si Dr. Nielsen. An acquaintance who visits VIP, too, told me to go directly to the senior vets so as not to waste our precious time and especially money. Just my POV.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
Mga sisters, kung makabalik kayo sa VIP can I ask a favor hihi, pwede bang matanong kung how much ang neutering services nila using the inhalant type of anesthesia for a bulldog weighing 22-24kilos? ... I really wanted to call VIP to inquire pero uneasy ako pag phone conversation, mas gusto ko personal kaso never pa kami nagawi sa VIP since we are from QC pa.

sis, dont hesitate to call. they are accommodating naman dun... anyway, try ko rin ipatanong yang query mo.  hindi kasi ako ang magdadala sa pup ko sa weekend kasi wala ako sa manila ngayon... magulo kasi yung alaga namin kaya most of the time maski may question din kami for the vet eh nalilimutan namin. hehe

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
Dr. Lester Lopez of VIP Alabang misdiagnosed one of my labs which led to his death 6 months ago. It's really traumatic and disappointing. Sayang lang talaga dahil wala at that time si Dr. Nielsen. An acquaintance who visits VIP, too, told me to go directly to the senior vets so as not to waste our precious time and especially money. Just my POV.

sis, sorry to hear about your dog... did you do something about it? like, did you talk to dr. nielsen?  any actions taken by vip?

abuanddiego

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
^^salamat sis. ewan ko ba, pero nahihiya talaga ako pag inquiry lang ang sadya ko haha! pero sige itatry ko kasi sanay daw si Doc Nielsen sa bulldogs eh, mabuti ng may kilala akong vet na sanay sa lahi nitong panganay ko.
Say it like you mean it!

achengtarush

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »
my Shih Tzu pina spay  ko sa VIP, si Doc Cathy ang gumawa.  Yung first 8 days tulog lang sya ng tulog pero as if on cue nung 10th day yung schedule ng check-up nya and pagtangal ng sutures e okay na okay na.

Ewan kung may connection sa spay pero mas malambing sya ngayon (dahil kaya palitan pa kaming nagleave pa kami ng sis ko para bantayan sya at isa sa amin katabi nya palagi- na appreciate nya kaya yun?) at mas playful and medyo mas tumakaw.  Sana nga tumaba na kasi sobrang picky eater kaya almost 2 y.o na sya pero 3.5 kgs lang.

abuanddiego

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »
ang alam ko, one of the effects of neutering is mas babait sila, kasi nga hindi na sila nagpoproduce ng sexual hormones which causes the "stud and b*tch behavior" Pero hindi daw ganun ang effect sa lahat ng dogs, may mga cases din daw na walang pagbabago sa behavior after the operation lalo na kung medyo matured na ang dog nung pinakapon.

Ano ang food niya at pano yung feeding regimen nyo? May vitamins ba siya?
Say it like you mean it!

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2012, 12:47:18 AM »
^^ sis, yan din ang alam ko. They become less aggressive. So mas mabait sila in general... Also, weight gain is a possible side effect. Tumataba daw after being altered.

abuanddiego

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2012, 08:57:18 AM »
^isa pa nga daw effect ang weight gain pero sa mga nababasa ko, may tendency lang daw kasi nga nawawala yung drive nila, nasa atin pa ring mga owners kung hahayaan natin. Kailangan daw regular pa rin ang exercise at may control sa food para di sila maging overweight.
Say it like you mean it!

achengtarush

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2012, 10:16:15 AM »
Dog food sya yung Royal Canine for Shih Tzu. Ang dami na nyang dog food Alpo, Pedigree at kung ano-ano pa, yan ang pinakagusto nya pero may days na umaarte at ayaw kumain. Saka once a day lang sya halos kumain nakakainis.  Binibigyan na lang namin ng dog treats or minsan inaabutan pag kumakain kami kasi nangangalabit pero I try to give fruits.  Like nya ang ripe mango.

Ang lambing lambing nya talaga sobrang nakakatuwa. 

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.