Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 23 SEP 14
Traveling with baby at high altitudes (on an airplane or going through mountains)? Give him water to drink; swallowing will help him pop his ears.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Resignation Notice  (Read 4601 times)

iyaika

• GirlTalker
Resignation Notice
« on: April 29, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »
Hi everyone!

I tried looking online for answers on my current situation but I can't seem to find some concrete ones so I want to ask for your help, may it be your experience or whatever. :)

Anyway, I filed my resignation last Monday. It's supposed to be an immediate resignation, however, my boss is not very keen with it. He stated reasons to me such as there is an ongoing project, he needs people, etc. But I passed it anyway and he told me that he will be passing it to the HR and talk to me afterwards.

Two days after, another boss talked to me about my resignation. She said that few weeks ago during our talk, she thought I was assuring them that I will not be leaving the company. I did not say that, though. She was just asking me if I want to be transferred to another business unit and told her that I prefer to stay in my group.

So after which, she told me that why is the effectivity of my resignation too soon. That I need to serve a 30 day notice which is the company standard. And I told her that I was supposed to use my leaves to file for a terminal leave since I don't have much turnover to do and that I can finish everything in 2 weeks. She told me this is not allowed even as I have checked my contract, there is no clause stating that. Besides, I need 30days to process my clearance loans and others (But then again, with a system as ours, as in geez, nobody who has resigned has ever had a clearance.) And I know a lot of colleagues who filed for terminal leaves when they resigned from the company.

So the point is they are just holding on to me but even if they'd give me a counter offer, I prefer to leave the company. What do you think is the best thing that I can do about this?

Thank you very much for reading. It's really long but I appreciate your inputs. :)
Keep optimism at hand. You lose twice by thinking negatively.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Resignation Notice
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:26:46 PM »
Read your contract very well.  Do not bank on what the others before you did.  It is what is in the contract that prevails.  IF nothing therein is stated, it cannot be forced out of  you.

Be professional about it.   File your leave, if that is what is in your contract puedeng gawin within the 30-day period.
Then, work on turn-over of your duties.. document everything you turn-over.  Finish it all.
If you are able to accomplish it in 2 weeks, then go on leave.

I co-manage businesses with my husband.  Our Employment Contract states clearly an exiting employee must give 30days' advance notice and accomplish total turn-over and liquidation/settlement of accountabilities.  (We hold the last pay until settlement of accountabilities/liquidations are 100% complete.)   We require a listing of everything turned over -- whether in cash, company property and equipment, as well as project responsibilities and documents.  It is also standard practice that the replacement is  duly oriented by the exiting employee.

Nasusunod ba yang 30days coz its in the contract?  Sometimes, no -- usually, it is because the employee is leaving for a job abroad.  Kelangan makaalis on short notice. But generally, we are able to enforce the orderly turn-over, kahit na nagmamadali umalis for abroad... In case the employee is uncooperative --there are legal ways to go about it.. maybe not before he leaves, but after when he returns to the Phils for bakasyon..... he may be unable to return to his job abroad if he has a pending case.  Depende kasi on the employees' responsibility.. they cannot just say they will leave and act irresponsibly.  Habol lang naman namin eh orderly turn-over of project tasks, docs, co. property/equipment & funds.  hindi puedeng layasan mo na magulo or nakatiwangwag .. the one replacing you cannot make heads nor tails of how to continue.   

Insist on the Clearance.. you will need it one day.   HR cannot just say no.. tiagaan lang, you know how people drag their feet on such matters.

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »
Who has 2 months resignation notice?

What does our labor law say about this?
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »
If for example you feel you won't be regularized, do you still have to render the full 2 months notice? Or 2 weeks will do para dika na aabutan pa ng 6 months?
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

Karrie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
What I know, once you work with a Company, probationary or regular you must tender in 30 days or 60 days notice depending on your contract.

snowhite_12

• certified vain
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • your scent is like a drug to me...
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »
ang sa alam ko 30 days noticed talaga. 60 days is too much unless your in a manager position or supervisor siguro or if you would talk to them and ask if papayag sila maka alis ka less than 30 days,then thats good.
I may be a woman,  but if I choose I have the heart of a man! (Queen Elizabeth)

cruxito

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 06:50:34 AM »
problem ko din ngayon. dapat mag file na ako resignation first week of december so by january 2013 i can scout for new job.

30days stay parang awkward na makipag bonding sa kanila. iisang room lang kasi kame ng child of owner, manager, operation manager and me: na mag 3 years na sa company na hindi pa alam ang designation.

within 30day-notice paano ako haharap sa kanila.? hehe

humingi na rin ako ng sign kay God if should i stay or should i go.

hayz im really decided to exit my current job para kasing hindi ako nag go grow.

reb_woods072683

• A Proud Mom and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I'm a blogger at heart.
    • Cook Food with Love
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 10:16:09 AM »
naku this is my dilemma din. i told my boss i will be resigning immediately. I was on 3 month leave na since February.
“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5

Follow me:
http://cookfoodwithlove.blogspot.com

kiz_me1109

• Super GirlTalker
  • happy_mom_of_aidan
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »

What I know is you really need to render at least 30 days once you file your resignation. Lalo na kapag matagal ka na sa company. Iba parin yung maganda yung record mo until you left the company. Sa call center may mga agents na hindi na sinusunod to. But for me, I think it's still best that you render at least 30 days. When it comes to terminal leave, sa amin kasi pwede since hindi naman pwedeng i convert sa case yung leave credits. So kung madami ka pang leave credits, pwede mo siyang gamitin. Better check your handouts for the company policy.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.