Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 26 JUL 14
Stressed from taking care of your kids? Take a short stroll in the morning to reflect and recharge.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vampire Books thread 4  (Read 9452 times)

heavensent

• a freelancer, a wondermom, a bookworm, a tv addict and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
Re: Vampire Books thread 4
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2011, 02:19:37 AM »
^i also like the guy pero hindi ko gusto yung girl, finished reading the book and all I can say is ayoko mapunta si Adrian sa kahit na sinong babae.. haha..

he's all mine! :D

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »
^Yeah, don't like the girl in the book cover. Even yung sa story ayoko din. LOL ;D

Hopefully Adrian has someone else lang di sana si Sydney. Sydney has more chemistry with Trey than with Adrian. Friendship lang nakikita ko sa kanilang two.

LOL sis ;D Sige sayo si Adrian sa akin si Eric at si Damon. LOL ;D Ha ha ha ha ;D
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

heavensent

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
^sis Damon is all yours pero share naman tayo kay Eric.. haha..

^same here wala ko nafefeel na chemistry or spark between Adrian and Sydney..

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2011, 01:35:41 PM »
^LOL sis. Natawa naman ako dyan. ;D

Yeah, wala talaga silang chemistry. They're wrong together.

Sana RM will find someone for Adrian that is deserving naman. I mean bagay sa kanya.

Sila nalang ni Trey. ;D Though marami pang happenings mangyayari...I bet may big change yan kay Sydney. Let's see on the next book. :)
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

eggtart

• Right-Left Confused
    • House of Lilliput
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2011, 09:02:45 PM »
Anyone read Paranormalcy, ang ganda ng ratings sa Amazon eh pero medyo nabored ako sa first few pages. Di pa naggrogrow sakin.
House of Lilliput | http://houseoflilliput.multiply.com
Musings of a Right-Left Confused | http://leftrightwhat.blogspot.com

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2011, 05:00:00 AM »
^Yeah, di ko din gusto yung Paranormalcy. But unique yung concept nya sa mga vamps and supernatural creatures. At yung environment is super dark, yung ang pagkakaimagine ko while I'm reading it.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

xxtiffiniexx

• HERLITTLECRAPBOOK
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2011, 03:30:49 AM »
I started liking vampire literature back in, like, 2004 because I was really depressed and my lifestyle was dark.

Now I hate how shitty it's become. F*ck Twilight. You know that the vampire genre can't get any lower when even Meg Cabot has written something for it.

crazychick

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2011, 12:28:35 PM »
I loved Bloodlines! Can't wait for the next book. I'm looking forward to more Adrian and Sydney stories.

biancameister

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 03:26:30 PM »
Has anyone read the House of Night series? I have the first book, but I haven't read it yet. I just want to know your opinions.  I've read mixed reviews (mostly negative) on Goodreads.com so, I don't know if it's worth reading or not.

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
^i like HON! Wala palang akong time and dedication to continue with the second book. At first i thought this will be just another hp vamp style book, but i was wrong! I have read the synopsis of the other books and it has a darker and deeper story sis. In fact isa yun sa mga reason why i stopped. I dont think my heart can stand the twists. :)

May ago akOng nadiscover na vamp series, The Argeneau something. Parang The Underworld lang na movies but with a comedy side naman.  Marami ng books yung series eh, mga 15 plus. I'll try the first few and see if i'll like it. :)
#cantbuyclass

gnela_21

• music loving, book reading
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
Has anyone read the House of Night series? I have the first book, but I haven't read it yet. I just want to know your opinions.  I've read mixed reviews (mostly negative) on Goodreads.com so, I don't know if it's worth reading or not.

In my opinion, the HON series is good in the first 5 books, because you'll be fascinated with Zoey. Its gonna be terribly hard to put the books down. After the first 5 books, it gonna be dragging, you just want the series to end. I have Destined (#9) with me and I haven't started it yet.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:27:25 AM by gnela_21 »
remind me that we'll always have each other when everything else is gone.

heavensent

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
vampire books
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2011, 11:47:01 PM »
^agree with you sis..

Di ko na nga binasa yung mga latest release kasi nawalan na ko ng gana..

^^ maganda din yang argeneau series by lynsay sands..

biancameister

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2011, 02:59:09 AM »
@iwannabeasupermodel and gnela_21: Okay, I think I'll give House of Night a chance since I like books with good twists because they keep me interested. Thanks for your input, mga sis! :)

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2012, 11:42:31 PM »
Buhayin ko lang para sabihin na yung 10th book ng HoN nilabas na. As usual, di pa rin tapos ang problema nila kay Neferet haha Book 9 di ko pa nababasa, kamusta naman.

heavensent

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2012, 12:48:17 AM »
^i stopped reading the series na, di ko sure kung itutuloy ko pa :D

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »
^Saan book ka na huminto sis? Sana kasi tapusin na nila tong series na to. Habang tumatagal dragging na talaga. Yun at yun ang pinoproblema nila (aka Neferet).

heavensent

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2012, 11:10:53 PM »
^naku di ko na nga maalala kung anong book sa series yung last na nabasa ko..

ladychris17

• insert cool and witty title here.
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Philosophizing Beauty
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2012, 01:16:51 AM »
I started liking vampire literature back in, like, 2004 because I was really depressed and my lifestyle was dark.

Now I hate how shitty it's become. F*ck Twilight. You know that the vampire genre can't get any lower when even Meg Cabot has written something for it.

Wahaha natawa ako dito. Baka naman sis nagsimula ka sa Bram Stoker at Anne Rice even nung 2004 na :D

Actually, I blame Anne Rice for the vampire madness. She successfully turned vampires into a sex symbol and everyone is now dragging along. Hahaha

pepperpotts

• GirlTalker
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »
homaygawd may Book 10 pa HON? Hanggang Awakened pa lang ako. Yung Destined babasahin ko pa lang tapos may Book 10 pa - ako na lang papatay kay Neferet, dragging na yan ha!

Mas masaya basahin yung vampire novels ni Kerrelyn Sparks yung LOVE at STAKE series at least every book ibang story pero narerevolve pa rin sa mga bida male & female vampire or shape shifter characters. May synthetic blood pa & DNA manipulation for child bearing. hahaha!
I may be wrong but I doubt it..

heavensent

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2013, 01:20:01 PM »
news on the vampire academy movie:

http://penguinteenaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/mega-vampire-academy-movie-news.html

Zoey Deutch from Beautiful Creatures will play as Rose (i think they should have chosen a different one)
Lucy Fry as Lissa
Danila Kozlovski as Dimitri

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.