Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 31 OCT 14
Having trouble staying true to yourself? Spend time with your loved ones to remind yourself of who you are--after all, they know you best.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vampire Books thread 4  (Read 9866 times)

aoshi_01

• Fabulously Plus-Sized
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Vampire Books thread 4
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 03:45:06 PM »
joining the thread....

My latest read was Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey. It's just one book and surprisingly hindi siya Twilight-ish. No cheesy dialogue whatsoever. No offense to Twilight/Stephenie Meyer fans here, though. All in all, I'd recommend it to my adolescent kid cousins. It's a good summer read.
Courtesy is not expensive & can pay big dividends.

I Blog
I Tumbl
I Tweet

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 01:41:43 AM »
^^Yeah, parang wala na syang passion sa characters nya. At parang na iinfluence na cya sa TV shows, that's why parang finifade out nya si Eric. And on this book may a bit sense of humor si Bill.

It would totally sucks kung si Bill and Sookie ang magkakatuloyan in the end. :-\
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

heavensent

• a freelancer, a wondermom, a bookworm, a tv addict and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
Re: US TV Series - AMERICAN IDOL (Season 10) thread 2
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
Nawalan ako gana basahin yung Dead Reckoning since sabi nyo wala masyado moments si Eric at Sookie..

And i agree parang hindi nga ganun kamahal ni sookie si eric, kaya akin nalang si Eric..

gnela_21

• music loving, book reading
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 04:10:47 AM »
Ayyy! Bad reviews sa bagong sookie book? Mamaya ko pa lang makukuha sa library 'to eh! :P
remind me that we'll always have each other when everything else is gone.

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »
and sa dead reckoning, andaming mga "fillers" lang para humaba yung libro. like yung pagpreprepare nung baby shower. :(
and i felt so bitin as to ano ang function nung mga fairies na naiwan and parang nakalimutan na ni CH si claude. di na napagpatuloy yung confrontation nila ni sookie and the likes.

#cantbuyclass

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 09:48:07 PM »
^I think wala na cyang maisip kaya pinahaba nya ng mga "fillers" (like her general cleaning) para sa next book na naman. Yung last two books talaga can be put in one book lang.

Hopefully yung next is okay na. Or she'll end the series nalang...than continuing the series pero bad na yung story.

I think totally big influence sa kanya (CH) yung TV series na True Blood, na s-sway sya dun.
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 11:21:42 PM »
^onga sis. or maybe gumawa na lang siya ng panibagong paranormal/vampire series. hahaha. magaling naman siya magsulat eh. i was so hooked nga sa mga first books of the series eh. naging sobrang popular and nacommercialized na siguro. parang naging focus na niya is to lengthen the series as much as she can to make profit. i dont know...
#cantbuyclass

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 11:41:02 PM »
^Yeah, nawala yung gana nya.... ang sayang kasi dami panaman umaabang sa series na to.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

irian

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »
Are there any fans of Lynn Viehl's Darkyn and Kyndred books here? I don't normally read vampire books, but I loved Viehl's world-building and the writing style. I tried J.R. Ward, but I found that I still preferred Viehl's Darkyn over Ward's Brothers (too much slang and too long/dragging for my taste), though most people would probably disagree with me hehe.

lilacbeauty

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 11:45:59 AM »
Hi sis, may nakabasa na ba ng Blue bloods ni Melissa Dela Cruz? balita ko kasi maganda yung vampire book na yun. I'm planning to buy the book kasi. :) Thanks mga sis

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
^I've heared lots of good reviews of her series. She's on my very very very LOOOOONNNGGGGG list of TBR. LOL ;D

Haaayy, when kaya ako makakabasa nito. I'm so busy ang hirap isingit yung pagbabasa ko.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

irian

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
I'm wondering why the Darkyn books were classified as paranormal romance nga e. Mas urban fantasy ang dating nila sa akin, maybe because ang ganda nga ng set-up ni Viehl. Speaking of vampire books though, I love this spreadsheet comparison of different series that I encountered in a book blog:

http://alphaheroes.blogspot.com/2008/06/on-suspension-of-disbelief.html

Planning to get around to reading all of the authors listed sooner or later, though for now Viehl is my favorite. Ward was interesting but annoying at the same time (because of the slang overload and the random cononant placement in names), Feehan was boring and melodramatic, Kenyon was funny.

flusterose

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 07:02:15 PM »
Hi sisses!

Confused ako.. Do vampire eat foods? Kasi sa stookie stackhouse vampire only consume blood as their food while in Georgina Kincaid series, yung friends ni georgina si peter yata whose a vampire loves to cook also sa House of night series vampire also eat food. Hahaha I know babaw ng question ko gusto ko lang masagot ang tanong ko hehe

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 08:52:37 AM »
^Hehe ;D Every author has a different kind of vamps... So kung marami kang binabasa na vampire story na sunod2x, nalilito ka sometimes.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »
True blood (ive got all books)
Anne Rice books
Twilight books
The Historian
A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

heather

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
Hi sis, may nakabasa na ba ng Blue bloods ni Melissa Dela Cruz? balita ko kasi maganda yung vampire book na yun. I'm planning to buy the book kasi. :) Thanks mga sis

hi sis! im currently reading Blue bloods series. its really nice. entertaining sya and the concept of vampires is really different from the usual vampire stories. parang feeling ko gossip girl vampire version.lol 

lilacbeauty

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
@ heather: Thanks sis.  :) I'll buy the book na hehe thanks sa feedback really appreciate it.

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
^Yup, maganda nga yung Blue Blood series. :) Mga 3.5 - 4 stars cya, for me. :)
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

flusterose

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 07:19:13 PM »
^sis lyn true nakakalito minsan sa dami ng vampire books di mo na alam kung kanino ka maniniwala.. Anyway, I love reading vampire books! Next on my list are the blue blood series..

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 02:37:38 AM »
^Happy reading sis, you'll enjoy it. :D
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.