Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 21 AUG 14
For a healthy alternative, use veggies like broccoli and spinach as pizza toppings!
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vampire Books thread 4  (Read 9679 times)

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
Vampire Books thread 4
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »
Since closed na yung old thread natin.

Ito yung bago... Post away mga sis. ;D
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
Re: Vampire Books thread 4
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:57:17 PM »
@iwannabeasupermodel, yup sis paulit-ulit nga. Nakakaumay na din. At walang masyadong scene yung hero/heroine (Manny and Payne) kasi sobrang daming background stories. One distance relative ni Warth, which is Butch is enough, two of those shows a writers' block on creativity na. She needs her muse. He he he :D

As for Charlaine Harris, okay lang naman. Yung Elvis and other well known celebs that turn all into a vampire is just silly. And I feel it was just there kasi wala na cyang ibang mawrite to fill up enough words na maging 400-500 pages book. Though I know what you mean.

@heavensent, yup malapit na yung Dead Reckoning. I'm dying waiting here. LOL ;D I'm so excited, sana may more Eric and Sookie moments itong book na to. I might stop reading pag silang Bill at Sookie ang makakatuloyan. LOL ;)
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Super GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:10:19 AM »
I read yung How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire. It was interesting and ok enough for me to finish kasi madali basahin pero nakakasawa.  may isang line syang sinasabi na nakakasuka after reading it over and over again. Cute at first then later you just want to rush yourself into finishing the book. I don't think i'll go complete the series after this.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

a_y_e_n

• I'm on PMS (Purchasing More Shoes) mode. i love being a newbie mommy and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a girl can never have too many shoes!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »
2 lang collection ko ng vampire books. yung twilight of course tsaka sookie stackhouse. naghahanap pa ako ng iba kaya lang halos pare-pareho na kase ng story kaya i stick with these two lang.
there once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her HEART
http://kerenkeng.blogspot.com/
http://mylomolove.blogspot.com/

luckypal

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »
may na yung release ng bagong book ng sookie stackhouse series :) so excited!
Gold is for the mistress — silver for the maid —
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
“Good!” said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
“But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all.”
Iron out of Calvary is master of men all!"
— Rudyard Kipling

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:31:03 PM »
Mga sis out na ang book 11 sa sookie stackhouse series today. Will be reading this one now. :) Excited! :)
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

Myealexis21

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »
^^^Sis a_y_e_n did you try Vampire Academy?  Ok sya for me.  I loved the 3rd, 5th and 6th book of this series.  Can't wait for the new series na spin-off from this one.

^Sis Lyn, I've read a lot of good review about Sookie.  Haven't read it pa kasi naman I did not like yung True Blood.  Ewan ko ba parang di ko feel yung mga characters nung tv series.  Maganda ba talaga?
Trapped in between yesterday and forever

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 07:39:03 PM »
2 lang collection ko ng vampire books. yung twilight of course tsaka sookie stackhouse. naghahanap pa ako ng iba kaya lang halos pare-pareho na kase ng story kaya i stick with these two lang.

i suggest Night Huntress. :) one of my faves. pareho ding first person point of view.

@sis lyn: the thing i really want to happen kay sookie though is masolusyunan yung pagiging "human" niya lalo na if she'll end up with a vampire. i'm looking forward to that. minsan kasi napagmimix ko na mga vamp stories eh, pero yung vamp blood ba sa kanila pwede gamitin para mapreserve yung current condition ni sookie? or siguro baka maging vamp na lang siguro siya in the end...  ;)
#cantbuyclass

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 12:37:58 AM »
I'm halfway sa Dead Reckoning pero there's not much Sookie and Eric on it naman. :( Sa first part lang at a few sa bagong club Vampire Kiss. And Sookie has some funny scenes when she found something from her grandma sa attic which was given naman sa fae family nya. She was saying abracatabra, open sesame....My preciousssss.... Ha ha ha ;D

@Myealexis21, yup sis it's good. Though may silliness din. Like Elvis being a vamp....but the series is good naman. Though yung ibang book I feel pweding ilagay lahat in 1 book na...Feel the stories too short...

@iwannabeasupermodel, yeah I wanna know anong gagawin ni Harris to make the ending of this series very good and worth all our wait sa haba nitong series nato.

-Helena Pennington-

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 08:05:04 PM »
^i dont like dead reckoning sis! :( sana panindigan at ipaglaban ni eric si sookie sa 12th book. ayoko na sookie-bill love team. and if susundin ni eric yung maker niya, parang ginawa rin niya in a way yung ginawa ni bill na sinunod niya si lorena dati. sana talaga it'll be different with eric.
i'm not yet done with dead reckoning pero andon na ako sa part na papatayin na nila si victor.
may nakakainis moments dito si sookie and parang wala lang na moment ni alcide. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:09:07 PM by iwannabeasupermodel »
#cantbuyclass

beady

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 08:50:50 PM »
The only vampire novel na nabasa ko is yung Vampire Academy series. The first book was not so good, didn't really captured my interest to read the 2nd book, but reading the reviews made me decide to try reading malay natin, and it turned out na ok pala sya so sunod sunod na til the 6th book. There are some books na talagang I can't put down na na-eexcite ako LOL good thing I din't stopped at the first book :)

Right now, I'm torn between House of Night series and Blue Bloods..anyone read these? any comments kung ano mas ok? :)

isobel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 09:02:54 PM »
I'm currently reading Christopher Pike's "The Last Vampire" series. Even though he's my favorite author, and I've read most of his books in high school, i have not touched his vampire series until now because I insisted on getting vampire fix solely from Anne Rice back then. Thank goodness my boyfriend was able to get old copies of his books (don't ask me where or how), although this particular set of work (as well as some other titles) has been reprinted as a three-book compilation entitled "Thirst".

"The Last Vampire" is an Indian mythology-infused tale of a modern-day (millennia-old) vampire and her quest to either continue living (because she really doesn't want to die yet) or finally be with Krishna again.

tey

• im too blessed to be stressed
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • ilovebooks!!!!
    • http://i31.tinypic.com/2cie99v.jpg
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 11:12:16 PM »
haay disappointed ako sa dead reckoning as in bigtime!  sad ako antagal pa naman nating naghintay!.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:14:17 PM by tey »

Myealexis21

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 01:47:52 AM »
^^^Sis Beady, same tayo the first book of Vampire Academy was just so-so for me.  Muntik ko na rin hindi ituloy, lalo pa't the second book is so-so din for me.  Buti na lang din I didn't lose hope. I love the 3rd book!

Yung 4th, ok lang sya di ko masyado ma-take na strigoi si Dmitri.  I had to literally stop reading this for several days hehe.  Then fave ko din yung remaining books.

I have HON din Sis.  Kaso I haven't started it yet, ang dami naman kasi.
Trapped in between yesterday and forever

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 02:09:22 AM »
I read the HON. Exciting siya until yung last two books which are not great for me kasi dun na lumabas yung hanggang 5 na POV haha

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 08:03:11 PM »
haay disappointed ako sa dead reckoning as in bigtime!  sad ako antagal pa naman nating naghintay!.

me too sis! and parang di ko talaga nafifeel na mahal ni sookie si eric. lagi na lang may doubt. unlike nung kay bill. and i hate the people who dont like eric for sookie.
#cantbuyclass

tey

• im too blessed to be stressed
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • ilovebooks!!!!
    • http://i31.tinypic.com/2cie99v.jpg
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 01:02:29 AM »
^haaay grabi ang bigat sa dibdib noh sis kakainis si sookie parang napaka selfish niya dito hindi niya binigyang importance si eric...;(

luckypal

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 01:11:22 PM »
ang bitin ng dead reckoning!!! wah :( when will the next book come out kaya?
— Rudyard Kipling

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 03:58:36 AM »
Agree ako sa inyong lahat so disappointed sa Dead Reckoning. And it looks like na sila nanaman ni Bill sa next book...Dead Reckoning and Dead in the Family can be made in just one book. Walang malaking signifacant na happenings naman...haaayyyss..

I'm so ready for this series to be over na...
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

luckypal

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
If it continues like this, sana matapos na. I hope it picks up again soon para naman fun ulit basahin. Parang wala na syang ideas. And it's so short! :( or feeling ko lang yun?
— Rudyard Kipling

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.