Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 25 JUL 14
Save money while getting the rest you deserve by visiting a resort during its off season.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Mandarin Language  (Read 9331 times)

singkit19

• Probationary
Re: Mandarin Language
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
plan ko din mag aral in china and to travel at least in taiwan muna. But then mahirap kasi dahil may work and 6mos is too long na pag may job, but still planning on doing it. When I travel kasi in HK though cantonese sila nakakaintindi pa din sila ng Mandarin and when u speak at least a little to them iba ang feeling :). I felt happy cause finally nagkaintindihan kami ;D. I have downloaded a lot of audio scripts and podcast too then watching a movie is really good cause you'll get expressions/words commonly used in actual conversation. I am also willing to share some answers sa may mga questions :) about the language para may kausap din ako na love din ang Mandarin language.

LiL019

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »
@ singkit19 learning mandarin in beijing for at least a month and maximum of 3mos is enough. :) hindi kailangan ng 6mos kasi emmersed ka na dito. Mapipilitan kang magsalita kasi walang nakakaintindi ng English

gypsiechick

• Success is sweeter when you've tasted what's bitter.Learn, explore and experience ♥ La femme boheme!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • ♥ God's best. Love ♥
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 11:48:09 AM »
Im now learning Mandarin with my co-workers and my boss thru online lang kami. We discovered Livemocha, hopefully we finished it. :D Check it out sisses parang madami languages available.
A woman- She's the spice in a man's pudding, the flavor, the sauce, the stimulant! She also knows that being BORING being too nice, safe or predictable with a man(or being an open book)is so detrimental to a relationship.
http://gypsychicz.multiply.com/

wowry

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm so FLY!
    • DJ JAVA
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 03:18:03 PM »
I'm thinking to learn this language too since i'm friends with 3 malaysian chinese so madali sa akin kasi may makakausap ako everyday. :D
"I am not young but I feel young. The day I feel old, I will go to bed and stay there..I feel that to live is a wonderful thing" Coco Chanel
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-Java/57240247047?ref_type=bookmark

stradivarius

• GirlTalker
  • Semi professional beach bum ^_^
    • ScribeOrigins.com
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2013, 03:19:04 PM »
I'm subscribed to this blog called The Everyday Language Learner at isa nga sa method na nirecommend nya ay Livemocha. I've never tried it kasi Assimil and Living Language na yung ginagamit ko.
If you want to practice your written Chinese, you can try creating a blog at lang-8.com. Basically, you just post a blog in Chinese then wait for native speakers to correct  your entry. This works for all languages, di lang Chinese. Worked pretty well for my Japanese :)

megumiii

• Wandering Goddess
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »
Will be enrolling in Ateneo de Manila's Confucius Institute later. Can't wait to start studying Mandarin again! :)

MyCraftedDreams

• Probationary
    • My Crafted Dreams
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
I've been trying to learn mandarin chinese din pero ang hirap pala talaga kapag hindi mo nappractice. Nakakalimutan din. I have a lot of e-books and audio books kaya kahit papaano natututo ako, although mabagal.

sa ngayon, nakakaintindi nako siguro mga 50% pero hindi pa talaga lahat. I want to learn how to write chinese characters din. i only know how to write the basic ones.

Okay pa ba ang livemocha? sabi kasi hindi na daw kasing okay ng dati since nabili ng rosetta stone. Saan pa kaya pwede pumunta para makameet ng iba na interested sa language exchange?
<a href="http://mycrafteddreams.blogspot.com/">My Crafted Dreams</a>

krstn

• Probationary
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2014, 07:57:31 PM »
sis, sorry nawala na yung realmofadreamer password ko kaya ito na account na gamit ko. Actually, okay yung rosetta stone sa mga bata kasi may mga pictures to help tsaka paulit ulit yun kaya sa tingin ko okay siya. Pero self-study yun sis. I haven't tried betterchinese.com. I bought myself a book from Powerbooks-Abreeza. Yung "250 essential characters..." I forgot how much though. And nagenroll din kasi ako sa isang language teacher in italki.com. I think for 10 sessions, I paid 2thou+.

Sa ngayon, nagtitiis muna ako sa mainland china dramas/movies since I'm also trying to learn Arabic (for work) pero ayoko mawala kasi yung napagaralan ko na (ang hirap kasi magumpisa ulit hehe). Siguro kapag nakakita ako ng language school dito sa Bahrain, mageenroll ako. Kasi talagang mas madali mapagaralan kapag laging nagagamit at lagi naririnig.

try mo rin ito sis: http://www.mtec123.com/

hi sis :) im also interested in learning mandarin. can you point kung saan may good and free learning materials online? TIA!

singkit19

• Probationary
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »
你好,glad this thread is now active again. I tried livemocha too, para din siyang italki.
Just keep on watching and listening to Chinese pods and tv channels also movies. It is also important to know the basic and the right tones para mas madali marecognize. Learn it the bo po mo fo way. ☺

ri-anne

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »
My daughter is studying Mandarin in school. She's able to adapt well, she can read w/ or w/o hanyu pinyin, & translate it to me in english. When they have spelling, we study together kaya pati ako natututo na rin ng Mandarin kahit papano. :D sometimes some auntie would ask us or talk to us in chinese ([textspeak!] kami singapore,btw)  naiintindihan nya so may translator na kami...hehe even though i know a bit, im not confident to speak the language kasi they have different intonations..so magkamalu lang intonation iba na ibig sabihin.... like, ma...'ma' can mean mom or horse depending on the tone! Lol
Yes, it's true, (yes it's true) I'm so happy to be stuck with you
'Cause I can see, (I can see) that you're happy to be stuck with me

ChocoCat

• Inquisitive
  • GirlTalker
  • I thirst for knowledge.
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2014, 05:39:27 PM »
I studied Mandarin in Ateneo and passed HSK Level 1 and 2 late 2012.
It was useful when I went to SG because it's one of their major languages but it was not really that helpful especially because I really cannot converse yet.
I can grasp words and I know basic phrases and characters. I really hope I can learn how to converse.
Since I stopped taking Mandarin in Ateneo, I try to refresh my memory by watching Youtube clips on How to Speak Mandarin.
The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish but that they cease to love.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

singkit19

• Probationary
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »
@ChocoCat
I studied in ateneo too back in 2011 but I stopped and till now self studying para di makalimutan. I bought muna mga movies in Mandarin language. When I'm in HK though they are cantonese I practice my Mandarin when buying and most of them knows how to converse in Mandarin naman. Natutuwa sila at gumagaan loob nila when you speak Chinese.
Right now, ginagamit ko ang mandarin when I talk to my hubby and ngayon naiintindihan na nya lalo na ang weishenme?  ;D at hui jia le!

ChocoCat

• Inquisitive
  • GirlTalker
  • I thirst for knowledge.
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 08:10:47 PM »
^ang cute naman non sis..  Ke Ai. :D
Ako naman I listen to Mandarin songs. Mostly from Taiwanese pop singers like F4, Farenheit, S.H.E, JJ Lin, Jolin Cai etc.
Then I try to translate some of the phrases there. Natutuwa ako pag may naiintindihan ako haha!
Tai Hao Le!
The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish but that they cease to love.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

sosychill

• VALAR MORGHULIS
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • KHALEESI
    • twitter
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 10:47:06 PM »
where to study mandarin around qc? is it worth it for future employment?  thanks mga sis!
Follow Me!!

Hogwarts is my home, but sometimes flying to westeros with the dragons isnt so bad.

cynth_pink00

• Super GirlTalker
  • another serious look from Noe :)
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
I also want to learn Mandarin. Actually I don't need to speak but at least understand.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.