Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 02 SEP 14
Record your baby's laughter. Play it whenever you're feeling the burn at work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vaginal Infections (Thread 2)  (Read 139680 times)

Lillyanne

• GT was MY board!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I still check my inbox, y'know =)
Re: Vaginal Infections (Thread 2)
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »
*** INFORM YOUR DOCTOR AS BEST YOU CAN ABOUT SYMPTOMS YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ***

if you think you have an infection, be extra observant. odor? color of discharge? is it thin and watery, or thick and lumpy? sparse or profuse? any discomfort or pain? when symptoms first appeared? during or after sex? no sex? how many days after last intercourse did symptoms appear? these things matter a lot. ALL YOUR SYMPTOMS WHEN TAKEN TOGETHER TELL A MEDICAL STORY. so spill and don't be stingy with information. there can't be too much info when it comes to your body!

you may miss divulging special issues you have, like an allergy to certain meds or concurrent medical condition that your ob should know about. do not think doctors know everything and you can take their word for it. they do not know UNTIL u tell them. exams and labs is half the story. you provide the rest.

Doctors...they are human like us. Some are more sympathetic, caring and attentive than others. some doctors are more experienced than others. some don't care less because ultimately, they only care for the fee that they will charge you. whatever shortcomings you feel that your doctor is exhibiting, it's not entirely their fault, but as a patient, you should know when to seek a second opinion or look for another doctor.

vaginal infections are very common. but what if you aren't a common patient? for example, you have another medical condition for which you are being treated, and you need special care in the prescribing of medicines. yes, drug interactions may be more harmful than your infection to begin with!

we know the limitation of conventional western medicine--if you have a lot of illnesses, the more pills you are likely to take. the bad thing: your body becomes a chemical repository of different, sometimes incompatible drugs. your body responds by exhibiting various side effects. that's not nice at all.

can you help it? sometimes, yes you can. the above serves as enough warning to those of us who like to self-medicate or try treatments that your doctor knows nothing about.

doctors will keep prescribing meds until something works. rarely, but it happens that a doctor tells you he or she cannot do anything more for you. that means they don't know why treatments aren't working. accidents happen, like a drug prescribed to you interacted with another drug u are taking, and u missed informing your doctors...nobody suffers from harmful consequences more than you!

so, very important if you have other known medical conditions for which you are getting treatment or issues with certain prescription drugs--TELL YOUR DOCTORS WHEN YOU CONSULT.

if you are in doubt for any reason, you should seek a second opinion from another doctor.

if you experience side effects that really bother you and your doc insists you follow the prescription nonetheless, you cannot be blamed for replacing that doctor. well, it's your body talking to you and you better listen to it rather than PAY YOUR UNCARING UNSYMPATHETIC DOCTOR THEIR FEES FOR A TREATMENT THAT MAY COST YOU MORE MONEY IF SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT WITH THEIR SCRIPT!

docs are human like us, true, and they can make errors in judgment. do not ignore red flags. if your doctor doesn't feel right to you, by all means look for another.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:49:24 PM by Lillyanne »
*  The Universe loves me! It has a plan!  *

Lillyanne

• GT was MY board!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I still check my inbox, y'know =)
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
since august ang dami ko na napasok na suppository like Canesten for 3 days then after Neo penotran for 7 days then Gynomax for 3 days  tapos pinaulit uli un Canesten kya lalong sumakit at humapdi un vajajay ko..hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko huhuhu please need help advices form all of you :( :'( :(

this is just my opinion ha, i'm only trying to help u sort out your issue.

if you still have abnormal discharge, did your OB consider a discharge culture to identify the strain of germs that's causing your condition?

if you have no discharge but the inflammation and burning persists, you may be reacting to the prolonged use of vaginal medications already. what i am saying is....it may be an ALLERGIC REACTION to any one or more medications rather than symptoms of an infection.

also consider that you may be dealing with a more serious issue. this is because you've been on treatment for a good while already (suffering pain and discomfort for MONTHS is no joke), without feeling better. for this the OB may need to do further tests.

not the least, there is a possibility that your pain is of an emotional source. meaning, psychosomatic pain from excessive worrying. now try to calm yourself. it could be mind over body, since you anticipate the condition recurring after your period.

meanwhile, have you sought a second opinion? i suggest you consult another OB and describe everything your present doctor -- and you -- have done. maybe there is something that your present OB is not seeing. in any case, talking to another doctor may give you another angle of view. perhaps you're losing trust in your present OB because your condition is not improving. but just the same, stay calm, relax yourself. by all means go to another doctor if u feel it will help you.

if you can talk to your present OB about getting off medications for a while so you can relax mentally. talk to your doc about taking PROBIOTICS. also consider changes in your hygiene products, like feminine wash or soap. maybe you also need to change your toilet paper and pads. you never know until you tell your doctor, because you may be doing something wrong. i sense you have become too distraught and this is contributing to the pain that you are feeling.

of course, this is often overlooked: if you notice that u develop symptoms after having sex (up to a week after last intercourse) then your partner may need to be treated as well. TELL THIS TO YOUR DOCTOR. you two may be passing the infection back and forth. thus, you do not get well.

and more important!!!! ABSTAIN FROM VAGINAL SEX WHILE YOU ARE ON TREATMENT.
*  The Universe loves me! It has a plan!  *

zee87

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #342 on: December 22, 2012, 03:14:23 AM »
mga sis, please enlighten me.
ilan ba talaga yung percentage na magkaron ng vaginitis dahil sa sex?
so if yung girl, isa lang ang partner... tapos nagkaron ng vaginitis, is it safe to say na yung partner niya may iba pang partner aside dun sa girl?

Lei_Glee

• Pretty wifey and certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • To strive to seek to find & not to yield
« Reply #343 on: December 22, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »
^zee,
Sis vaginosis is not std. Ang main reason why we get it after having sexual contact is our vagina has an acidic ph, sperm meanwhile has an alkaline ph so pag nagcontact at nagejaculate sa loob the vaginal ph will become basic at mabubuhay lahat ng bacteria, fungus, candida etc. Hope that helps!
I SUPER UBER LOVE GIRLTALK!

zee87

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #344 on: December 27, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »
thanks sis... i was reading nga several articles about it and di naman lahat nag sasabi na once you have it, it's either you or your partner is having multiple partner. So sad lang kasi that the OB i consulted was implying that my partner may be having multiple partners kaya nagkaron ako ng infection. di ko naman maaway si jowa kasi parang feeling ko naman it's not enough evidence para lang i-accuse ko siya of infelity. The doctor even prescribed a medicine for both of us which my partner is willingly taking too.

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »
^just take your medicines religiously sis kayo both. If you are not trying to conceive and you do not want recurring vaginosis you can use condoms. Stay healthy!

zee87

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »
sis, why do we need to use condoms? curious lang po... the jowa im referring to is my partner for 7 years already and we're living in. i mean, the use of the condoms ba is while we're on medicines or we have to do it na for life? Never kasi kame gumamit nun. :(

simplepink

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm not mean. I'm not rude. I'm honest.
« Reply #347 on: January 07, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
hi! ask ko lang sana kung kasama sa symptoms ng vaginal infection yung itchiness sa inner thigh?

thanks!

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #348 on: January 07, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »
Simplepink,
Sis from what i remember hindi itchy ang upper thigh ko but yung mismo near the vahina na talaga itchy.

Zee,
Sis you can do whatever. Condoms stops sperms from entering so hindi machange ang vaginal ph so no infection.

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »
What kind of infection/condition/disease have a symptom that can affect/delay/change your regular menstruation?
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

IronLady

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #350 on: January 30, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »
mga sis san nakukuha ang bv? parang ganto yung akin. magpapacheck pa lang ako. watery sya na mejo yellow-green. more of yellow. hay.. san nakukuha to? napansin ko kasi nagstart mag-itch yung v ko nung nagpalit ako ng fem wash o nung nagpawax ako e. hayy.

zee87

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #351 on: January 31, 2013, 01:26:08 AM »
mga sis.. my v is super itchy! walang foul odor as this has been treated already. I tried washing it with water with a spoon of vinegar. Also tried water with baking soda. Naglelessen lang [textspeak!] itch pero  di nawawala. after few hours, talagang sobrang itchy na. :(

renzy

« Reply #352 on: February 01, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »
pag may mga BV at Vaginal infections ba ay di ka puedeng mabigyan ng anti cervical vaccine?

IronLady

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #353 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:22 PM »
mga sis, niresetahan ako ng cream at gynomax. wala pa nakita sakin kasi di ako nakapagpapsmear, sabi nya pagtapos na lang daw ng period ko, dunno kung papagalingin nya ba muna bago itest o di pwede ipapsmear when youre ovulating at madami din discharge? anyways 5 lang instead of 7 supp binili ko. ang mahal kasi e. 2nd day ko pa lang thou di na madami discharge, mejo itchy pa din yung v ko.. san ba inaaply yung cream? sa vulva mismo o dun lang sa itchy part?

ms.katy

• devoted mom & wife
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • extremely happy!
« Reply #354 on: February 02, 2013, 01:53:33 AM »
sad to say mga sis, i have an infection. my ob prescribed me suppositories and oral meds. haay emotional draining talaga. :(. alert naman si hubby sa kalagayan ko
mom of twins..

God said " Choose to trust me & My world & your life will be blessed. "

>katy & Nhel 13 :)
-------

http://facebook.com/catherine.malicsi

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #355 on: February 03, 2013, 12:15:12 AM »
Ms katy,
Do take your meds religiously sis. Ano gamot mo?

Ironlady,
Apply it on the itchy parts na lang baka mairritate ang vuvla.
Do finish the prescribed 7 supp kasi when di mo matapos ang 7, the infection comes back mas malakas at itchy kasi di ka pa healed.
Sis the first time i had a BV infection ang cause is phcare feminine wash! Hehe kaya tinapon ko na agad when i got healed good riddance sa produktong yan!

Renzy,
You should be healthy pag you get your vaccine.  Walang sakit sakit. Treat mo muna infection mo then have a vaccine.

Zee,
Nangyari na sakin yan dati kahit tuig itchy pa rin parang bv ata diagnosis sakin noon. I was given supp do not scratch it kasi it spreads to the uninfected skin. Check ka na sa ob.

renzy

« Reply #356 on: February 03, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »
@Lei_Glee, thank you sis. paano pag ok ang papsmear ko tapos nagpa vaccine ako kaagad then after 2 or 3 months ay bumalik ang discharge, puede pa ba akong magpa vaccine sa 2nd shot ko or hindi pa muna?

barbiebaby28

• GirlTalker
  • We have received our baby angel from God :)
    • http://barbiebaby28.wordpress.com/
« Reply #357 on: February 03, 2013, 10:18:48 AM »
mga sis correct of if im wrong,pero my understanding as per ob is that vaginal discharge or infections occur due to alterations sa ph like the acidity or alkalinity  ng pempem natin.and that hpv vaccines such as gardasil only prevents certain type of hpv strains from entering our bodies but it does not really provide ultimate protection from vaginal discharge or infections.
It took a while but we became parents sooner than we think,we did all we can and God provided the rest.

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #358 on: February 03, 2013, 02:46:19 PM »
^sis, tama gardasil only protects you from hpv infections not from all vaginal infections.

IronLady

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2013, 12:00:22 AM »
sis lei, thanks sa info. ganun ba, sige ill buy 2 pa ulit para matapos na sya. makati yung sa singit and dun sa side near the opening. super pula at nasugat e. di naman sinabi ni doc kung may bv ako, ngreseta lang.. sis parang sa pagpapalit ng fem wash ko nakuha e. nireseta nya nga ko ng gynepro kaso napansin ko after nun makati pa din. nagcetaphil na lang ako mas ok na sya. nangangati na lang sya pag naglalagay ako ng cream na pinapalagay nya. pero the rest of the day wala ng kati. weird..

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.