Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 01 OCT 14
Avoid shaving problems like bumpy “chicken skin” by using shaving cream or gel every time you use the razor.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vaginal Infections (Thread 2)  (Read 144141 times)

Lei_Glee

• Pretty wifey and certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • To strive to seek to find & not to yield
Re: Vaginal Infections (Thread 2)
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »
Sis lexi_girl,
Your cousin is right sis OMX tablet yan. And some obs even recommend taking yakult hehe!
I love taking yakult.

Sis brit,
No sis wag mo pabayaan ang yeast infection or other infections mo, it is not the kind na pag pabayaan mo nawawala na lang ng kusa it does not. Pag pabayaan mo yan, lumalala yan sis and for bacterial infections pag nasa labas lang yung infection, pag pabayaan pumapasok na sa loob ng vagina and cervix ang infection.
Recurring din kasi ang vaginal rashes sis, if you are sexually active you need to have a papsmere, lab tests for std infecton and even herpes test VDRL test ata name nun. Pero wag mo muna pangunahan ng std test kasi mapressure ka lang. When you get yourself checked for herpes, bring your partner na rin. Stay healthy sis!

Sis prettybarbie,
Malaki or maliit ang ginagamit na vaginal speculum sayo?

Sis nylym,
That is good sis...
I SUPER UBER LOVE GIRLTALK!

brit

• Probationary
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 07:43:35 PM »
thanks sis Lei_Glee for patiently answering us here.
i'll try to go to my OB the soonest.

thanks again

karlagabriel21

• Sophia Elise :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm cool, calm and collected :)
    • momssoliloquy.blogspot.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »
hi sis Lei_Glee

[textspeak!] nga next time na punta ako kay OB request ako for papsmear kasi madalas ito. ngayon nga sumasakit lagi yung balakang ko, lower back pain plus minsan abdominal pain tapos madalas ako nagigising sa gabi nawiwiwi ako, nainterrupt tuloy sleep ko. ang hirap andami nararamdaman. since nadiagnose ako ng endo and adeno. hindi ko alam if attributed din ito dun kasi nakita ko cause lower back pain and frequency in urination din yung conditions na ito. haays...
Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

http://momssoliloquy.blogspot.com/

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 01:27:49 PM »
thanks sis Lei_Glee for patiently answering us here.
i'll try to go to my OB the soonest.

thanks again

Do you have the blisters now? If you do, better go to your OB so she can take a culture swab to test for bacterial and viral infections.

I've been reading a lot lately about bacterial and viral infections kasi i just realized na wala akong alam sa mga ganito eh girl pa naman ako.

Its scary to read about the diff diseases but we have to arm ourselves with info so we can protect ourselves and others as well.

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
Sis brit,
Good luck sis, stay healthy!  No problem sis.

Sis karlagabriel,
Me too sis I have endometriosis and I can say na hindi naman yan ang usual symptoms ng may endo. Yup sis go ka na sa ob mo and papsmere ka na for your piece of mind and if you want to make sure you can have your lab workups na rin.

Mga sis,
Ganito talaga pag babae, lahat na problemahin mo, you have to take care of your breasts, your uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina...lahat na kaya we should be armed with info and always ask your ob pag may hindi clear na mga results, diagnosis and mga nararamdaman na.

misskeeper

• Probationary
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
@Lei-Glee

sis, yes i've always completed the flagyl treatment. She also recommended the lactacyd vaginal gel for me. She even prescribed meds for my partner. It's like ping-pong daw kasi. Ok naman results ng pap smear ko so no internal problems there. Just that, I seriously lack good bacteria down there.

I did the home treatments I researched in the internet. I ate a clove of garlic a day, a cup of yogurt, two to three bottles of yakult, two capsules of probitotics, a capsule of folic acid a day, three tablets of Vitamin C, and washed with acv. In two days, I had no discharge and a very slight itch. After a week, no more itch. I don't use feminine wash na din, just warm water. But after contact, it got back again but it was really mild so I did the treatment again. Hopefully this time, it'll be permanent.

Good luck to us!

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »
sis misskeeper,
wow ang galing mo naman na patient sis talaga lahat na ginawa mo hehe.
yup yakult and yogurt really helps! i love drinking yakult din.
hmmm weird lang kasi after contact bumabalik yang sayo no...mention mo yan sa ob mo sis.

kobekitten

• Junior GirlTalker
  • is on a quest for perfect, clear skin
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 04:49:24 PM »
hi misskeeper! can you post in detail how you did/do the home treatments? thanks!

One year na akong may BV. I've tried metronidazole last year. it went away for a while (weeks lang), then came back. Then I tried clindamycin twice (last year also & just recently after i had papsmear), it didn't work. The papsmear said i have mild BV. Buti nalang mild pa even after a year. I was afraid it gets worse over time.

I'm going to start on the neo penetran vaginal suppository next week, as prescribed by my ob. I plan to combine it with home remedies para better chances this time *fingers crossed*

i desperately need this to go away. :(
less packaging, more beautiful.

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »
^ sis, baka you need to seek a second opinion... baka may nami-miss yung OB mo kaya di ka gumagaling... anyway, i hope you get well soon.

misskeeper

• Probationary
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »
Hi kobekitten!

I eat a clove of garlic (diced/minced) after lunch, your stomach needs to be full so it won't irritate the stomach lining. Then I drink 2 bottles of yakult and a cup of yogurt. Then at night I was with acv and take one folic acid capsule, 2 capsules of probiotic pills, and one to two tablets of ascorbic acid. That's about it.

Sis Lei_Glee,
Oo nga e. My doctor said baka daw infected din yung partner ko and/or intercourse can really cause some changes in the vaginal pH. She prescribed antibiotics for him din. Another doctor said intercourse din due to friction kapag hindi gaanong lubricated. My other doctor said it's really uncommon for the man to get infected, just that I don't have any good bacteria down there.

kobekitten

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 12:02:56 AM »
^ Thanks for the tips! Been drinking 2 yakult daily :) so far the suppository is working! yey. i hope this one lasts, even after intercourse and menstrual period. otherwise, ewan ko na..

misskeeper

• Probationary
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »
^Hopefully, I'll be praying for you! I'm gonna go to my OB again tom. Magmedical and natural treatment combination na din ako. Hay, sana last na to!

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 10:48:27 PM »
sis kobekitten,
ilang suppository binigay sayo sis? Finish all of it para thoroughly cured ka.
If you keep it clean naman sis and you do not use harsh vaginal wash naman
Then bumabalik pa rin ang infection, when you go to your ob and bring mo din ang partner mo para sabay kayo magpacheck.  Pero pag nadala ng supp sis okay na yan!

Sis misskeeper,
Same tayo sis I love yakult haha and dutch milk yogurt drink. I did not know before na okay din siya para sa ph ng vagina, now that I knew about it mas okay!
Habang on medication ka sis, avoid mo muna sexual contact tignan mo pag it heals then.
If not sabay na kayo pa test ng partner mo.

kobekitten

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »
i had intercourse on the 5th day. :( so i skipped the suppository that night but i resumed the next night naman. it's my 7th/last suppository tonight. i hope i didn't screw up by having sex.. but if i did, and the smell comes back, can i start all over again on the suppository?

mai0129

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 08:49:27 AM »
Hi mga Sis! I'm new here. My BV din ako. before bago ko nalaman ngkaroon muna ako ng bleeding so I went to my OB and I found out na my hormonal imbalance ako. Then after na nawala na yung bleeding ko dun na ngstart na ngka discharge ako. My time na hindi itchy at wala foul odor pero my time din na meron. My OB advised me na gumamit ng feminine wash Lactacyd at PH care. Ng prescribed din sya ng Gynomax suppository for my Bv. 6 ovules bale 1 suppository per night before bedtime for 6 days. Ginamit ko yung suppository after my menstruation na. Kaso mga sis mga 1 week lang nawala ang discharge ko at bumalik na namn unti now. So i went to my Ob again and tell her na meron pri ako discharge. She asked me if natapos ko dw gamitin yung Gynomax. Sabi ko oo pero meron prin. Sabi nya ok na yun. Bothered ako sa sagot nya na ok na muna yun. Sabi nya pg dw kc sa ating mga girls normal din yung mgkadischarge at ngkaka foul odor especially kung pingpapawisan tayo at kung ngppills+ antibiotics pa. Ang prob ko ngayon di prin ako comfortable kc si discharge andyn prin. Minsan nppraning na ako. Iniisip ko bka kung na ito bka nging more serious na kc di prin nwala. Papalitan ko ba yung feminine wash ko? Confuse ako kc sabi ng OB ko continue dw ang feminine wash EVERYDAY...okay lang kaya na bumili ulit ako ng suppository? Ok lang ba mg suppository ulit ako? Naiisip ko kc bka siguro di na ako niresitahan ulit ng OB ko ng Gynomax it's bcos baka once lang sya dpat gamitin at di pa ulit ulit. Pls. help mga sis. [textspeak!] experience nyo regarding this. Lagi ba kau ng ssuppository, after one course pg di prin ok another ulit? Thanks in advance mga sis.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:58:58 AM by mai0129 »

mai0129

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »
Tsaka mga sis during and after intercourse with hubby nung time na my BV ako at yun nga my discharge e painful na sya. My burning sensation. My nka experienced napo ba sa inyo ng tulad nito mga sis? Pls. help po. Thanks

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 01:31:32 PM »
sis kobekitten,
yes sis pwede ka ulit mag vaginal supp. Same lang din yan sa ibang sis dito na nagstart ng supp then had to stop a few days kasi nagkamens, then resume mo na din after and you can add more supp pag kita mo na di pa nagwork. Sa next round mo avoid mo muna ang contact para matapos mo lang ang supp.

Sis mai,
You can buy naman vaginal supp otc. Kaya when you feel na you are still not healed pwede ka magdagdag ng kahit 3 more until wala na smell, wala na bleeding and itchyness.

belskie

• Probationary
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »
hi mga sis, im newbee here..meron din akong vulva issues, medyo mtagal na din tong itchiness, soreness and all,  ngaun lumala pa ata.. didn't visit an OB yet. What remedies should i do first? tnx. :'(

rumplehuey

• Junior GirlTalker
  • ladida... lalila...
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 11:15:44 AM »
Sis I think its best na iconsult pa din ang OB mo about dyan. It's YI and its kinda serious. Ako nga before ang meron eh BV. I remember whenever I eat a lot of sweets esp chocolate mas mabilis ang recur ang BV ko. When I changed my diet, ayun, matagal tagal na syang hindi bumabalik. As your OB about this
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »
sis belskie,
sis have yourself checked muna sa ob para alam mo mga meds na ibibigay niya.
stay healthy sis good luck!
But usually sis ang regimen ay mga anti-fungal tablets, ointments and vaginal supp din ang bibigay sayo. she might give you a papsmere.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.