Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vaginal Infections (Thread 2)  (Read 146851 times)

kutingpie

• le fabulous, bipolar & certified
  • Super GirlTalker
  • living creepily ever after
Vaginal Infections (Thread 2)
« on: April 08, 2011, 12:45:22 AM »
Lets start with this thread since most of us are experiencing some of these common infections (or serious na pala). Kindly share your personal stories (symptoms, how were you infected, treatment, how to prevent, etc..) so we can learn from each other. Though it is highly recommended to see your OB Gyne, don't self-medicate.

Here is an overview of what Vaginal Infections are:

(http://women.webmd.com/tc/vaginal-problems-topic-overview)

Most women experience minor vaginal problems from time to time. These problems can be related to menstrual cycles, sex, infection, birth control methods, aging, medicines, or changes after pregnancy.

A change in your normal vaginal discharge may be the first sign of a vaginal problem. Changes in urination, such as having to urinate more frequently or a burning feeling when you urinate, also may be a symptom of a vaginal problem.

Conditions that may cause a change in your normal vaginal discharge include:

* Infections of the vagina, such as a yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, human papillomavirus (HPV), or herpes.
    * Infection of the cervix (cervicitis).
    * An object in the vagina, such as a forgotten tampon.
    * Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), such as chlamydia or gonorrhea.
    * Various sex practices, such as oral-to-vaginal and anal-to-vaginal contact.
    * Vaginal medicines or douching.

Vaginal infections

The presence or excess growth of yeast cells, bacteria, or viruses can cause a vaginal infection. A vaginal infection may occur when there is a change in the normal balance of organisms in your vagina.

The three most common types of vaginal infections are:

* Candida vulvovaginitis (yeast infections).
    * Bacterial infections (bacterial vaginosis).
    * Parasitic infections (trichomoniasis).

Common symptoms of vaginal infection include:

* Increase or change in the vaginal discharge, including gray, green, or yellow discharge.
    * Vaginal redness, swelling, itching, or pain.
    * Vaginal odor.
    * Burning with urination.
    * Pain or bleeding with sex.

If you are pregnant and have vaginal symptoms, talk with your doctor about your symptoms before considering any home treatment measures. Some home treatment measures may not be appropriate, depending on the cause of your vaginal infection. Conditions such as bacterial vaginosis can affect your pregnancy, so it is important to talk with your doctor and be treated appropriately.

Vaginal infections may increase the risk for pelvic infections, such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).

Vaginal or vulvar problems

Other vaginal or vulvar problems may occur from the use of birth control methods, the use of medicines, or aging, or as a result of changes after pregnancy. These problems include:

* Vaginal prolapse, which may cause urination and bowel changes.
    * Retained tampon, birth control device, or foreign object. See how to remove an object from the vagina.
    * Vulvar or vaginal injury, such as landing on a metal bar such as on a bike or playground equipment or from an object in the vagina.
    * Vulvar pain (vulvodynia).
    * Noninfectious vaginitis. Examples of this include:
          o An allergic reaction or irritation from chemicals, such as those found in vaginal sprays, douches, or spermicides.
          o Hormone changes related to menopause, such as atrophic vaginitis.
          o Use of antibiotics and other medicines, which may change the balance of organisms in your vagina.

A young girl with unusual vaginal symptoms should be evaluated by her doctor to determine the cause. Vaginitis in a young girl may be caused by:

* A ball of toilet paper in her vagina.
    * Pinworms that have spread from the anus to the vagina.
    * The spread of bacteria from an upper respiratory infection of the ears (otitis media) or throat (tonsillitis) to the vagina by her hands.

A young girl with vaginal symptoms must also be evaluated for possible sexual abuse.

Rashes, sores, blisters, or lumps in the vaginal or vulvar area

Many conditions can cause a rash, sore, blister, or lump in your vaginal area (vulva). One of the most common causes of a rash is genital skin irritation that may occur when soap is not rinsed off the skin or when tight-fitting or wet clothes rub against the skin. A sore, blister, or lump in your vaginal area may require a visit to your doctor.

Treatment of a vaginal problem depends on the cause of the problem, the severity of your symptoms, and your overall health condition.

Review the Emergencies and Check Your Symptoms sections to determine if and when you need to see a doctor.

Please avoid ATTENDANCE POSTS :)

previous thread: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,188090.0/topicseen.html

We're all water from different rivers, that's why it's so easy to meet.
We're all water in this vast, vast ocean, someday we'll evaporate together ~ Yoko Ono

★♥ѼREAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★♥Ѽ

charlize10

• Probationary
Re: Vaginal Infections (Thread 2)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:00:23 PM »
Hi mga sis, need some help/advise lang kasi may foul smell sa clitoris ko i know its not coming from my vagina talagang mismong sa flower lang,im planning to see an ob ths month kasi kakatapos kolang mgpatingin sa ob nung march regarding sa delayed period ko mag 2 mos nko walang period i dunno kng epekto b ito ng d ngkakamens dhl d lumalabas [textspeak!] dumi,first [textspeak!] ko maexperience ang mgkaamoy sa clitoris well ngka discharge ako b4 pero [textspeak!] clits ko d naman ngkaamoy nun,ngaun lang..hirap tuloy mkipag do kay hubby saka parang [textspeak!] akong libog ngaun ewan ko bka my infection ako kaya ganito,,may nkaexperience nb sa inyo na mgka bad smell ang clitoris any remedies?tnx
Life's a dick if it gets hard fcuk it!

_AiaH_

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm your BaBy,,,<3
    • Skinlicious
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
^ better visit your OB sis. Usually kasi, smell is caused by discharge sa vagina. If clitoris, i'm not so sure what could cause that. It's the first I heard of that actually.

May infection na naman ako, :( after mens dati madalas ako nagkakaroon, bakit kaya. hay. Pabalik balik ako sa OB last year, ayoko na umpisahan na naman.

SparkleLatte

• Probationary
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »
Hi po! I've been back reading the first part of this thread, and I've been learning a lot... I too have a vaginal infection right now. :( My bf and I had contact last week and nung pag pull niya there was blood streak, light colored lang, pero sobrang nakakaworry syempre so I went to the OB and she said I have cervicitis daw.

*prior to the contact nag kaka discharge ako and funy smell sa urine... :(

First time ko magkaroon ng cervicitis and I went to the OB last Sunday sa Healthway, nag papsmear ako, and this Sunday ko babalikan yung result... Kinakabahan talaga ako. :( She prescribed Albothyl for 7 nights, and I'm on my fourth night tomorrow.

I noticed na when I started using Albothyl nawala yun discharge ko (except for the tissue-like residue/wet feeling nung Albothyl) and yung funky smell sa urine... is that a good sign?

Ano pong experiences nung iba regarding cervicitis? After ba ng suppositories may iba pang gamot?

Now I'm also worried because I noticed na may red bump ako under the pubic hair pero not inside naman nor on the lips. Isa lang naman siya pero I'm really worried so I'll also have it check on Sunday... has anyone ever experienced having red bumps? I don't know if it's genital warts as it's outside naman...

Thank you po!  :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:38:51 PM by SparkleLatte »

Optimistic_Hap

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »
Hello Ladies,

I'm new here. I'm researching a forum like this, thank God found this forum and it's very helpful.

I'm mid 30's and I haven't tried went to ob/gyn, as i have search the web, on wikipedia, other sites and specially this forum in turned out that I have a vaginitis, I was worried. I have told my boyfriend and he advise me that we will went to an ob doctor for a check-up. So please help me who's doctor that you can reccomend, If possible a lady doctor, yung di ka mahihiya, yung willing din tumulong... i bet all doctors are good :-) pero paminsan-minsan kasi malaking mag charge nang fee :-) yung iba daw as i've read and heard. Hope you can help me, I live in makati area. If possible malapit lang sa makati yung ob/gyn clinic. Need name of the doctor, complete address and phone. Thanks hope you can help me please.

HeartHeart

• PEACE in your heart, SUCCESS in your path, and ANSWERS to your prayers
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Live life with a joyful heart!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
nireseta sa akin ni ob ang flagystatine (amount P108 each) for 4 nights.  baka daw kasi may uti daw ako or bacteria.  okay lang ba na pina-flagystatine na ako ni ob kahit na hindi pa nakikita yung result ng urine culture ko?  ganun din ba sainyo?
Me: PCOS                    HSG: Patent Tubes
DH: Normal                  IUI#1: BFN

Puregon: BFP               Now a MOM  :)

pearlll

• Probationary
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 02:24:38 PM »
hi... mga sis, is it safe to use lactacyd vg during pregnancy? thanks

_AiaH_

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm your BaBy,,,<3
    • Skinlicious
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 08:48:46 PM »
^ ay sis, better ask your OB about that. I use Lactacy VG for 3 days after menstruation, ang taas kasi lagi ng chance ko magdevelop ng BV after mens :(

pero i think sa drug literature nung box it's safe naman ata for pregnant women? but to be sure, ask nalang din.

NyLyM_nAyR

• a mommy, a wifey and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • -- serenity --
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 01:44:28 AM »
i have vaginal infection too. di na nga ako ni pap smear ni OB, chineck niya lang and sabe niya hindi maganda yung discharge..ayun, and binigay niya is fluconazole (na ang mahal) at yung vaginal suppository na gagamitin for 7days. sabe nya din, change ko daw feminine wash ko to gyne pro..
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"hell is empty, all the devils are here\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Lei_Glee

• Pretty wifey and certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • To strive to seek to find & not to yield
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »
Sis pearlll,
When you are pregnant avoid mo na lang muna ang Lacatacyd kasi some variants are too strong except for the Lactacyd blue i guess kasi yan lang ang for baby wash so gentle siya, but mahirap na magka vaginitis pag buntis. Clean na lang muna with water thoroughly after urination.

Sis sparklelatte,
Albothyl has fast effects sis ilang days lang you can feel your vagina healing na.
Avoid mo muna ang sexual contact and have your bf checked na rin just to make sure.
Stay healthy!

Sis optimistic hap and nylym
Sis fungal infection lang yang vaginitis, it can be easily healed.
I used to have vaginitis din kasi I used Ph Care sobrang tapang pala nyan, so my ob switched me to Cetaphil Gentle Wash na lang, dapat hindi everyday magwash din.
I was given anti-fungal cream na pinapahid sa labas ng vagina and sa inner labia din, after a few days okay na ako. Minsan ang protocol binibigyan din ng vaginal suppository.

I SUPER UBER LOVE GIRLTALK!

brit

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »
hello, i'm 28 and have recurring YI for almost 10 years now. Nakakapagod na..especially that my OB can't even say what the cause is.

misskeeper

• Probationary
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
hello, I've been having vaginitis too for the past months. In august, it'll be a year that I'm having this. I've spent so much for the vaginal medications and such. I just want to get rid of this, it's stressful for my everyday life and relationship.  :'( Ugh. Have you done several alternative treatments that helped?

Thanks.

Oblina

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Beauty's sister is vanity, and its daughter lust
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
I used flagystatin when I had a funky smelling discharge in my vagina last week, isang suppository pa lang and the smell went away so tinuloy ko na lang ang 5 suppository para mas mawala na

karlagabriel21

• Sophia Elise :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm cool, calm and collected :)
    • momssoliloquy.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
hi sisters! i'm new sa thread na ito.  i don't know what i have been experiencing kasi feeling ko after i have my period parang nagkaka-UTI ako.  sumasakit yung puson ko and then balakang tapos foul smelling urine then may discharge din na minsan white minsan yellow. i stopped using feminine wash for a while na din kaso parang hindi nawawala kasi yung smell kapag water lang.  nagagalit si hubby kasi napaka-unhygienic daw.  :( kaya napipilitan pa din ako to use fem wash, feeling ko kasi nakakadry at cause ng itchiness.
nagpa-urinalysis naman ako before and negative naman sa bacteria. could it be because of my endometriosis and adenomyosis kaya prone ako sa yeast/bacterial infection? sa TVS naman yung endo at adeno lang ang nakikita diba. haays..
Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

http://momssoliloquy.blogspot.com/

Lei_Glee

• Pretty wifey and certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • To strive to seek to find & not to yield
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »
sis brit,
have you done the papsmere and the lab tests para mapinpoint na ang main cause ng recurring yeast infection? Kasi kung paulit ulit ka na nag YI suppository naiimune na ang mga yeast and hindi na siya nagheheal so you have to use another drug.

Sis misskeeper,
Ano ang binigay na meds sayo ng ob mo? Pag naka suppository ka natatapos mo ba?

Sis oblina,
Tama yan sis you have to finish all the supp prescribed to you para di paulit ulit ang infection mo. Parang antibiotics kasi yang supp, kung maimmune ka na sa isang kind, you have to take the supp na mas higher and mas malakas.

Sis karlagabriel,
Nope sis endometriosis and adenomyosis does not cause that smell and infection naman.
Ibang vaginal infection yan nagpapsmere ka na ba sis? Magpa papsmere ka sa ob mo para malaman mo ang cause. Ano vaginal wash mo? Stop mo muna yan until maayos ang vaginal infection mo.  Rinse water na lang muna thoroughly.

I SUPER UBER LOVE GIRLTALK!

lexi_girl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
My cousin who's also a doctor told me na ok din to take a probiotic supplement when you have an infection.. It normalizes daw the good bacteria in our vagina. She suggested a good brand yung omx yata. Shempre take it several hours after you have taken the antibiotic or else it will just kill the good bacteria.

brit

• Probationary
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 11:04:50 PM »
Hi Sis Lei_Glee,

Thanks for your reply.
Tuwing magkaka-YI ako, minsan lang ako pumunta OB. dahil na rin ang hirap mag-allot ng time pumunta dahil sa trabaho. Is it that bad na pabayaan na lang until it heals by itself?

brit

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 11:21:26 PM »
Hello again,

I am such a paranoid and health freak esp sa mga vagina issues, dahil na rin may recurring YI ako.

Help me out sisses, now I am confused kung YI pa ba ito o herpes virus na. Why: I have a recurring itchy rash sa right butt cheek ko (hindi na ko mahihiya). at after a day or 2, nagkakaron sya blisters. rash recurs on the same spot. i searched the net (really, the net is not helping pero lagi ako don naghahanap ng sagot.grrh), ang lumalabas, genital herpes. all these years iniisip ko allergic ako sa kung anuman dahil nasa lahi namin na may kung [textspeak!]-anong skin diseases. na-bother na naman ako, dahil isa daw sa symptoms ay vaginal discharge. now i am confused.

3 years ko na rin naeexperience etong "rash" na to, at 2 years prior sa primary attack, wala naman ako sexual contact.

hope someone can help. i know i should go see my OB. pero i really got tired going to the doctor. needless to say it will cost me a lot again. :(

prettybarbie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »
ako din need ko magpa pap smear..i do it every year

NyLyM_nAyR

• a mommy, a wifey and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • -- serenity --
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 01:51:16 AM »
ok na yung saken..sabe ni OB iwasan daw yung pag punas from anus to the genitals dapat the other way around..minsan kase di ko napapansin ganun pala nangyayare..also, pinagbawal muna tight fitting jeans..tsaka kase i had period for 3wks kaya nairritate din ako sa napkin..no pantyliners na rin..
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"hell is empty, all the devils are here\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.