Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 23 NOV 14
No boyfriend? No problem! Learn to be comfy in your own company--it will help boost your self-confidence too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Fiance Visa  (Read 28983 times)

jddrgn

• GirlTalker
Fiance Visa
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:54:35 PM »
I'm not sure kung meron ng topic na ganto kasi...

my fiance/ husband to be is american, 100% american, what i want to ask is, gaano kabilis ang pag process ng Fiance Visa?

Ang conditions nito is when you arrived in the US you need to be get married for a maximum of 90 days if i'm not mistaken.

Gaano katagal bago ma-approve and may possibility ba na mag denied or reject?

TIA

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
Re: Fiance Visa
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:37:32 AM »
Noong panahon namin, 2004. It only took 5 months ang processing and I was here na sa US after 5 months.

Yup, 90 days. You need to marry your fiancee within 90 days. Both of you also wrote a letter of intention to marry each other after 90 days.

Yup, there is a possibility that they will reject/denied a fiancee visa application if they find out na kulang yung Affidavit of Support ng fiancee mo. If they find out na hindi finalized yung annulment/divorce mo or ng fiancee mo.

In case they request for additional evidence, that doesn't mean reject or denial, they just need more evidence from you and your fiancee. You will just be put under RFE.
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

jddrgn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:28:31 PM »
affidavit of support is about financial support ng applicant right?mahirap ba makakuha ng affidavit of support?and magkano ginastos nyo all in all sa processing?

my fiancee is totally single, not married before.you think medyo madali maapprove?

TIA :)

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »
^Yup sis. AOS is the financial capacity ng petitioner.

He needs to have 125% of the 2011 Poverty Guidelines. Ito link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

If he pass that then there's an excellent chance that you guys will be approve since wala naman cyang probs sa singleness nya at ikaw rin ay single din. You will need to get a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) sa NSO.

And this is the AOS form that your fiancee needs to fill up: FORM I-134

I forgot na magkano yung na gastos namin sis overall. From what I can remember, is this (this is just random and the range not the exact amount forgot the exact amount):

I-129F $175-$200
Biometric - $70
Passport photos - PHP 60-180
Getting Documents like NBI, NSO (Birth Cert, CENOMAR), Police clearance, folders etc (other misc): PHP 2500 - 3000
Mailing Documents to US - PHP 1400- 2300
Visa Process paid at BPI - $100 or equivalent to PHP 5000+
Medical Fee at St Lukes - PHP 5000- 5600
Hotel Stay in Manila - PHP 20000 not included meals and taxi rides

That's all I can think of as of now.

Iba naman ang gastos when you arrive here and need to Adjust your Status. :)
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

jddrgn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:03 AM »
how much nagastos nyo sa adjustment ng status?

what if nag tourist visa or kung under working/employment visa ako, and then nag pakasal kami dun, mas madali ba?

kasi may alam ako, kinasal sila dito sa Philippines and i think a year or less than nakapunta na [textspeak!] asawa nya sa US.

ano mas mabilis na way and di masyado madaming gagastusin?

thanks a lot.pasensya madaming tanong, kasi as early as now sineset up nanamin lahat.

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 06:35:20 AM »
thanks for this thread, now im getting a clear picture of the whole process. yan din kasi dilemma ko.

jddrgn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
^hi sis, kelan nyo plan mag pakasal?or move in together?

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 08:26:44 PM »
wala pa sis, inaalam ko lang process kasi una baka conflict sa maging petition ko and all...nakapetition din kasi ako as immigrant then at the same time planning to get fiance visa. di naman ako nagmamadali, kasi gusto ko sure na sure na, i just turned 25 so medyo marami pa akong plans.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:11:41 PM by shopaholic18 »

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 05:07:30 AM »
@jddrgn

Yung Timeline ko sa K1 Application is this:

California Service Center
12/19/2004 - (I think napasa yung application namin express mail) sent I-129F
12/20/2004 - (Mon) USCIS receives our I-129F
12/22/2004 - NOA 1
01/03/2005 - NOA 2
04/30/2005 - Packet 4 Received
05/13 & 16/2005 - (Fri & Mon) Medical at St Lukes
05/21/2005 - Interview Date
05/25/2005 - Received VISA, got PDOS on CFO and Arrived in US the same day din

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Adjustment of Status ito:

Here's FORM I-485 Adjust Status

It will cost $985 plus $85 for Biometric = $1070.

When we did ours I think the fee was only $285-300+ nakalimotan ko na, but that's the range. And also we included my EAD application together with my Adjustment of Status which cost us another $175 -200.

I know, they increase a whole lot na ngayon.

Tourist visa is not allowed to marry your fiancee but others does it. I don't advice this one, it's your decision.

Here's a link of a thread where I posted what the pros and cons about getting married on a Tourist Visa here in US: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,238770.0.html

As for a working visa naman, I'm not familiar with it but I think it's okay to marry someone. Correct me if I'm wrong mga sis but from what I understand is this: may working visa na hindi nag extend to being a permanent residence and may working visa na magiging permanent residence ka. Is there any other difference ba with a work visa with a permanent resident other than what I mentioned? Kasi some people are only here because they are allowed to work but not really a permanent resident, their employer needs to apply for their residency. Their stay here is only valid as long as you are still working in the company that petition you of that said working visa. Pag na football ka pwede ka ng e-deport. But may working visa din na nagaasikaso sa permanent residency mo.

But if you go on a working visa and marry I think okay lang ang pag change ng status mo. You will still apply for the I-485 if you will marry your american fiancee. I guess they will ask you questions during your interview when you adjust your status.

If you marry your fiancee dyan sa Philippines I think mas less ang gastos kasi yung AOS is included na when nag apply kayo.

Yung processing time is the same naman sa fiancee. I think mga 5-8 months din. Since American yung fiancee mo and hindi lang LPR, pag LPR lang hubby to be mo kasi it will take 2-3 years.

If ever you go into this route na pakasal kayo una dyan sa Pinas. There's a thread for that dito: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,238199.0.html

The forms to submit is different na din. It's I-130 Petition for Alien Relatives instead of the I-129F FORM.

Magagastos ito:

I-130 - $420 (wow nag increase nanaman sila noong 2010 pa lang nga $355 lang yung I-130 when I petition my parents)
AOS fee - $88
IV Fee Bill - 404
Medical at St Lukes - PHP 9,387.50 ($217)
Misc. (NBI clearance, Birth Cert, Police Clearance etc) - PHP 4000+
Mailing Doc to US - PHP 1000 - 2500
Stay in Manila, Plane tickets going to Manila and food and taxi expenses - I think range $2500 - 3300

Magastos talaga pag nagpepetition tayo. :-\
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:13:56 AM by lyn »
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

jddrgn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 09:59:38 AM »
thanks a lot.di na kami mang huhula kung san mag sisimula.

ang bilis ng pag process ng iyo.

for me naman ang magagastos lang siguro ni husband to be yung ticket papunta sa Philippines, since malapit naman kami sa manila.

sa pag poprocess palang kelangan na mag ipon, hiwalay pa yung pag iipon sa wedding.

salamat sis lyn

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:51 PM »
^You're welcome sis. Oo nga eh, awa ng Diyos mabilis lang tapos my hubby was able to ask na ma expedite yung mailing sa VISA ko kaya within 3 days I received it right away. And he isn't in the army/military. But this was the year of 2005 pa.

That's good na malapit lang kayo kasi ang gastos dyan sa Manila mag stay sa hotel plus food and taxi ride expenses.

Here's also a link of a step by step guide for a K1 visa.
http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

And here's step by step guide for spouse visa.
http://www.visajourney.com/content/k3guide

Here's a wiki for all immigration guides. Very, very useful. Check it out: http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

Take note of the flowcharts too. You will learn a lot on what to do next. :) Goodluck! ;)
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »
^thanks a lot sis Lyn, ang dami kong natutunan about the whole process.

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 09:19:05 AM »
^You're welcome sis shopaholic18. ;) Glad I could help. :)
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 08:38:39 AM »
oh my goodness, timing tong thread na to. my guy is so eager to learn how to process k1 visa already, he want's everything noted. guess we have to talk about everything first but then this is going too fast. super thanks again to the both of you for making this thread and all...

jddrgn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »
^hi sis shopaholic, kayo na nung guy?hehe nabasa ko lang sa ibang thread.

nakavisit na siya dito?

happy for you sis.how old is he pala?and you?

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 10:48:59 PM »
not yet but then interests has been laid down between the two of us. taking things slow as of the moment, he's an American citizen but half pinoy. may plans siya on going here but then i bet it'll came on surprise, he won't tell me about it if kelan or what. kinakabahan na nga ako, oh well i'll just wait for it to happen and hopefully all will fall into place in God's time. medyo hindi ko pa kasi sineseryoso kasi too early pa pero masaya ako sa ganito. open naman ako for possibilities of relocating since dun din naman ako papunta kunin man niya ko through k1 visa nakapetition din ako.

jddrgn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »
"In general, to apply for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen relative(s), U.S. lawful permanent resident, or by a prospective employer, and be the beneficiary of an approved petition."-got this from this link http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/immigrants_1340.html

Another question lang, yung U.S lawful permanent resident, anyone from US ba to?as long as permanent resident siya?and of course mag kakilala kayo.not your relatives, not kapwa filipino friend something like that.

TIA

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 01:00:36 AM »
^Yung meaning dyan na pwede Legal Permanent Resident ang mag petition sayo is when you are his/her son/daughter, his/her spouse (fiancee don't count need to be US citizen to petition fiance). If LPR cya and kaibigan ka nya na gustong petitionan hindi pwede.

If US citizen cya he/she can petition his/her spouse, his/her children, his/her parents, his/her brothers and sisters. Can't petition aunt/uncle, neice/nephew bec they (USCIS) don't recognize it as your immediate relative. :)
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

bea_wang

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 12:24:37 PM »
^ sis lyn, which is a faster route? the spouse visa (papakasal muna dito sa Pinas nad then apply for k3) or fiance visa (k1)?

also, if you don't mind, sang location mo? sa california service center ka nagpass? may idea ka ba how long they process applications there? Thanks a lot!
"The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one"

Everyday is a blessing! Be a blessing to others!

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 12:06:30 AM »
^makikisagot lang ako sa tingin ko mas mabilis, mas mabilis kasi sa tingin ko fiance visa (k1) but then may restrictions, unang una American Citizen lang pwede gumawa nun. other than that i guess yung other options nalang.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.