Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 30 JUL 14
Keep your brain and body active--read while on the treadmill or stationary bike. If you find it difficult, listen to an audiobook.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Promotions  (Read 5316 times)

sarsingkit

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Promotions
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
We also get annual increase, depending on one person's score sa evaluation. like other people here is also dislike the situation where person gets promoted dahil lang sa close sila sa boss. but being extra friendly would not hurt at all. i realized i have to show my boss that i can win approvals of different types of people. kasi in the future kakailanganin din ng department namin ang tulong ng ibang department and it would be great, i realized, kung ako yung connection. if friend ko yung lawyer ng company, friend ko yung boss sa accounting, sa HR, etc.

promotion is not actually a merit. hindi sya pathank you dahil hardworking ka. it is added responsibility, it is a challenge that is given to people who can do the task. given to people who is up to the challenge. kaya if you are given another task, take it and show them that you can do it. and as per my fomer boss, claim your bragging rights. kung may ginawa kang isang task na naperfect mo and the company benefitted from it, sabihin mo ikaw ang may gawa nun. big bosses, do not have the time to notice "little people" dahil busy din yan. sending an email/update about one project that you did na may extra flowery talk would be nice. hindi mo naman kailangan magyabang, pinapaalam mo lang na tapos naitong trabahong ito (dahil sayo.hehe) at wala na silang kailangan intindihin pa. :D

pero play with your cards din, gauge din yung work kung yung nature ng work is preparing you to be on top. kung medyo routine na ang trabaho eh you can always ask for lateral movement (at least samin ganun, yung nga lang magtatampo yung boss pero pwede naman)

fibia

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
Just wanna share. I just fou d out i did notgetpromoted today. Im so sad inside, pero of course i cannot show that side of me. Super duper disappointed.  Alam kong masama mag expect, pero wala lang, alam ko kasing maganda ang performance ko. I work in marketing, and performance in our team is measurable. Numbersgame ika  nga. Pero deapite that, i did not get the promotion. Its important to me bec i have this secret ambition na mag senior officer, meaning mag avp, by the time i hit thirty hahaha..

Ako kasi gusto ko mapromote pero i make sure i deserve it. Hindi ako political player. I try to be on good terms with everybody, but i take pride in my work. Kaya ako nageexpect. Kasi pag wala na akong ambition ma promote, i think, personallyspeaking, wala na yung passion ko sa trabaho at that point, kasi wala na akong goal.

Kaya ayun sad lang ako today

So sad lang today.

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 09:36:47 PM »
Hindi ba kayo natatakot na kapag napromote eh bigger responsibility at mag fail kayo?

Just a thought.

jamberryknots

• Junior GirlTalker
  • love someone like no else could..but you..
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 09:45:57 PM »
ako din sad ngayong month i was expecting na magpush through ang promotion ko ng august (i was informed july) pero wala hay sana september para early christmas present :)
love is just a word..until someone you meet gives it a proper meaning..

billy

• billy's got a gun but she's a good girl and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 12:24:46 PM »
sabi nga, going up is never subtractive, it's always additive - madadagdagan talaga ginagawa/responsibilities, not nababawasan
don't feed the troll!

alice_alice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:19 PM »
i'm nervous yet excited, kahit ayoko magexpect kinausap na ko ng boss ko about it approval na lang ang kailangan from the upper management ako kasi napiling maging supervisor. kaso natatakot akong baka may humarang, natatakot akong may isa sa management ang kumontra na kunin ako as supervisor. i'm praying na wag naman sana mangyari yun alam ko naman kasi na marami ring nagaabang sa posisyon na gusto ko.  :-\

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.