Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 23 OCT 14
Accidentally get super glue on your skin while finishing a home project? Soak it in acetone and wash with soap afterward.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Paano ba bumili ng lot? What do i check?  (Read 7076 times)

jesrora

• New Mommy & a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I <3 Hershey's.
Paano ba bumili ng lot? What do i check?
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:18:51 AM »
Hi may binebenta sami sa baras rizal,maganda yung area and all yun lang first time ko bumili ng property ano dapat icheck ko? Yung owner and developer kausap namin si Allan Omamos,owner ng Falcon Crowne Realty Corp., Falcon Crowne Devt Corp. Paano ko maveverify na legal to? Para kasing too good to be true terms eh. 500 reservation, 7.5k down, 500 monthly for 22 years for a 50sq. m lot.
Semper Fidelis.

fibia

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Paano ba bumili ng lot? What do i check?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:22 PM »
The seller should give you a copy of the title. Then if you have it na, ipa- title verify mo sa Registry of Deeds covering the title. To be sure ipa-title traceback mo rin sa RD. Then para macheck mo ang range ng market value tingnan mo sa buy and sell. kung inhouse financing yan mas mahal yan, try bank financing, madali lang magapply ng housing loan ngayon at napakababa ng rates, east west nga nasa 5.99% ata. per annum yun ha, not add-on.

tapos review your contract to sell very well. kung may friend kang lawyer or anyone who is also into real estate ipareview mo sa kanya. usually pag big developers mejo SOP naman ang laman ng CTS contracts nila. 

Kim

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:43:06 AM »
Request din for a copy of the updated Tax Declaration just so you'd know that the Real Property Tax (or amilyar) is paid for the current quarter or year.

tentacool

• Probationary
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:57:20 PM »
kahit po ba lot inside subdivision, need ko parin to get those document para iverify sa Register of Deeds? sorry, i have no idea kasi kung ano dapat i-consider when buying a lot. plan kasi namin kumuha ng lot sa plaridel, bulacan. sta. lucia ang developer nya... thanks!

chocolate

• I'm a LL.B grad, Licensed Real Estate Broker, Odesk Adict, Chocolate Lover, and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • No fuss, No drama, No BS
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »
yes, kailangan mo lahat ng documents mentioned in the earlier posts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

tayntayn

• Licensed Real Estate Broker & Appraiser & a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »
If you are buying a lot, check, double-check and triple check your TCT. You can verify it sa Register of Deeds, and to be sure, re-check it with the archives of LRA (Land Registration Authority). Also, make sure that the property has no pending cases to avoid future headaches.

As for the developer, you ask for the registration number and license to sell nung subdivision.

You may also hire the services of a surveyor to ensure that the boundaries given in your TCT are accurate and match the actual lot.

It may seem very tedious and tiring at first, but if you do your homework before buying a property and due diligence, this will save your hard-earned money from erroneous transactions and will not cause you headache in the future.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:58:22 AM by tayntayn »
i Love Merichi's Corner...

katkat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
I don't know po if this is OT pero i'll ask na rin... wala kasi ako makita ganitong info...

1. re lots, possible po ba magbenta ng lot na lower than the prevailing market value (sa area niya), for whatever reason, example "sacrificial sale" or "rush sale! owner is leaving" etc.?

Example, 15k/sqm daw ang prevailing value in fairview area, tapos binebenta ng owner for 10k/sqm... pwede po ba 'to? Pagkaalam ko kasi there are taxes/fees that would be based sa price ng property kaya di daw pwede masyado mababa.  :o

2. Would anybody know kung gano kabilis tumaas ang presyo ng lots sa isang area? Every year po ba 'to? we're saving kasi para sa lot muna.

thank you...  :)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »
Yes, a lot can be sold at a price lower than the average going-rate for the area for any of the ff. reasons:

In foreclosure proceedings with the bank (specially if within the 1yr redemption period  already)
              The property has a "minus". Ex. Beside a creek; doon bumabagsak water during rains from higher properties; binabaha tlaga property; tinayuan sa tabi ng hindi ok na business:  gas station, bar/karaoke, palengke, bus terminal, funeral palol lol...  Madaming hindi ok na katabi na puedeng mangyai if prop not in a subd/in c-zoned area, etc

The owner needs cash payment (total cash)

These are reasons I know of, FOR SURE - there are other reasons.    But for sure, also, there are many  scams  behind story-telling lies.   Go to the Registry  of Deeds/LRA   yourself to check  authenticity of the TCT and see the back thereof for any mortgage/lis pendens/adverse claims kai yan ang may unang hawak sa property kahit na fully paid ka.

ZONAL VALUES -  taxes for lot sales cannot go below the ZONAL VALUE ...BUT. It does not mean hindi kayo puede magbentahan BELOW zonal value -- hindi lang papayag BIR below zonal ang computation for taxes. 

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
^^KATKAT if the lot is in a development na hindi pa tapos -- the prices will go up pag natapos ang development at makikita ok ok ang itsura ng mga houses na tinatayo don.

But if hindi ma complete ang development -- as in, streets not completed/finished well, water system  unreliable, security non-existent, building rules not implemented strictly, naku! bahain na!  etc... -- puede pa bumaba ang value/price.

The best guide to investing is LOCATION.  Transpo and gas prices always go up -- so mind accessibility of your lot purchase.     Kung ang subdivision mo eh - kelangan  dumaan ka sa magulong lugar bago mapasukan -- mahina price appreciation dyan. Examples lang yan... Ask around, cuento ka with friends who are lot/property owners, OBSERVE well -- you will learn soon enough. 

Take the time to  think things out well - tignan mo pros and cons of a lot/subdivision.  Observe, go daytime and nighttime. Go  lalo na pag malakas ulan, and immediately after. 

chianti

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 10:38:13 PM »
Sis katkat, the prevailing value is different from the zonal value. As explained by sis aquacharly, the gov't uses the zonal value as the standard, not the prevailing sale value of a property. In some cases, may mga sellers na pumapayag ibaba ang sale value sa contract para hindi gaanu malaki ang tax na babayaran. It's not ideal for everyone though. For example, kung mag-loloan ka, banks will base your loanable amount on the sale value in the contract. So kung binaba mo yung sale value, ibaba din nila yung loanable amount mo.

katkat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 12:46:12 AM »
^,^^mga sis thank you...

@sis. aquacharly, I'm highlighting po your posts even in other threads hehe.  ;D Thank you for explaining, greatly appreciated!

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »
aquacharly - tataas ba ang value ng vacant lot/ property kapag tinayuan ng bahay?

Thanks.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 01:22:03 AM »
^. Himayin ko tanong mo ha.   

IMO, lot valuation remains  more or less the same whether it is vacant or with Improvements (that  is the catch all word  for permanent constructed works).   Let me clarify that some more. 

Once you construct say a house on it -- the lot valuation for tax  purposes remains the same as long as  the Municipal/City valuation does not change.  But the total valuation for your real estate asset  goes up -- kasi  madagdagan the basis for your tax. The lot valuation  stays the same, but there is a second valuation/Tax Declaration for  the Improvements -- so instead of 1 tax, you pay for 2:the lot & the Improvements

Baka what you are referring to that goes up is  "marketability".  Per my experience, anything packaged (lot & Improvements) and  priced at P5mio and less -- it is easier to sell the lot plus Improvements IF the subdivision or area is developed and quite occupied already. People looking to buy there have their minds set on near-term use. "pakikinabangan  agad, move in na lang sa bahay na gawa" their dialogue goes that way.   

BUT IF the lot is in an area/subdivision na halos wala pang bahay -- marketability of the lot most probably does not improve with Improvements. Nasa isip nang buyer - ay  nakakatakot, malalayo mga bahay --  saka na lang matira dito... So the  preference is for vacant lots.   Also coz take note -- for newly developed areas -- few public transport service it -- demand is low -- so going back and forth is inconvenient and rather  costly.     So there, the marketability is not improved  on.

So, to answer your question: valuation of a property for tax purposes does increase kapag tinayuan.
Valuation also goes up for a property that is assessed/appraised for mortgage/credit purposes.  But if you talk about just the lot itslf -- it is more or less the same with or without Improvements.
Marketability -- it depends as stated above. 

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 01:55:09 PM »
^ Ok. Sabi kasi ng asawa ko mag appreciate daw value ng lupa namin kasi tinayuan ng bahay.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 07:07:18 AM »
^ what makes lot/"lupa" appreciate are factors outside it,  usually.

Examples that will make a lot appreciate in value: 
     Tapos na subdivision it's in, with complete utilities & amenities
     Site becomes  more accessible -- like there's a new road, flyover, Slex exit  --mga ganun
     Proven  flood-proof ... Tht's what happened here in Greenhills East... After Ondoy, prices almost doubled and kahit na mga dating hindi mabentang lots kasi tumbok,  likod ng church, etc  -- eh sold at prices nakakagulat (houses  thereon sooo old,  wala nang presyo   sa negotiations mga ganun).       
     Re-zoning as when a village perimeter lot gets a commerial zoning puede na gamitin for business  and/or tayuan ng condo
     Change in building rules within a subdivision -ganito din happened here in Greenhills East.  Dati, 1 house per lot. Now, puede na subivide a lot basta after subdividing  minimum lot size is 600sqm.  Now, those smaller cuts are sold at over double the lot prices 3 years ago...

BUT the same changes can cause your lot price to not appreciate... Depende sa pagka puesto mo

IMO, putting up a house will not make your lot/lupa value nga to  appreciate; but a house  and lot
package  may be more marketable and give you better profit on your total investments.  Kaya nga when you talk to brokers banatan ka  nng computation for lot  going rates in that area/village, tapos estimated
value  of the house if constucted at present time.   if appraisal for mortgage  or credit  line naman --
ganun din -- separate treatment for the lot and the house.  You will notice in both instances na the
house will not affect the lot valuation nor pricing ....   ..kahit na ginto mga pader mo. 

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:15:26 AM by aquacharly »

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
paano mapapa check kung totoo ang sukat ng lot sa sinsasabi ng broker/owner?

pinklilac

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »
buti na lang nakita ko itong thread na ito. salamat sa mga tips at sa link na binigay ng isa nating ka sis..
may tanong lang ako sana hindi OT.. paano ba makahanap ng mga foreclosed property sa mga bank? personal ba pupunta or may mga website sila..
totoo ba na mura pag foreclosed ? tia

piatos

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »
^alam ko pwede ka magpasukat sa geodic engineer

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
Ano usually ang dapat sagot ng seller bukod sa capital gains?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.