Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 21 APR 14
Make sure everyone eats together at dinner every day so that no matter how busy you are, you always get even just a little quality time
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Italy Travel Guide  (Read 47793 times)

bankrun

• GirlTalker
Re: Anyone been to venice?
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 07:58:05 am »
4610, since venice is small, i think most hotel are good by location. but to be sure check their map location and make sure that your choice is not farther than 5 minute walk from st marks. from train station, there is a pier where you can take the boat to main venice. we took the water taxi so im not sure how the big "taxi" works. i think it is more of a boat bus than a boat taxi. there are websites on how to go about this: http://www.reidsguides.com/italy/destinations/veneto/venice/transport/around_by_vaporetto.html

you have to buy ticket in a booth before you get onboard. but for the water taxi, you pay to the driver na. whatever boat you take, dont bring huge heavy luggage coz it can be quite difficult. there are different "piers" where the boat can stop. you wont miss the san marco pier

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 09:28:35 am »
Bankrun, were you in a tour or did you DIY your trip?

bankrun

• GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 02:25:08 pm »
for venice, it was a DIY. i think theres no need for a tour in venice coz it is small anyway. it is better explored by yourself than with a group. eskinita lang lahat e.  ;D

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 02:43:17 pm »
^I know. I never join tour groups. I always DIY my trips. It's much more rewarding, hawak ko pa oras ko. I was just wondering how you found out about the hotel where you stayed at.

:)

juana_antonia

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 02:46:02 pm »
sis bankrun, ano ano pa yung hotel na good location - near st mark's na masasabi mong pwede rin pala tong hotel na to kasi magkakatabi lang din.  how you get to st marks from train station?
from train station going to st. mark's, medyo malayo ang lalakarin mo pero okay lang naman kasi you'd be able to pass through many souvenir shops. 
\"There is NO perfect man or perfect woman in the world, only  PERFECT LOVE... built together by an imperfect man and an imperfect woman.\" -soulmate

kreez

• Super GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 08:17:25 pm »
exactly the thread I was looking for, will be going to Venice in September for our anniversary.  haay we've been living here in europe for 5 years and every year dito ang plano namin magpunta but each time naiiba ang plano and we go to a different place instead.  This time for real na LOL!

Were planning to stay there 4days 2 nights, too much ba? kasi parang i saw a lot of people nag overnight lang dun eh. 

will back read muna but keep those tips coming mga sis! thanks!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:29:48 pm by kreez »

bankrun

• GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 07:54:24 am »
@mama squake, a lot of research. tripadvior is a good resource. a friend tho told me that their hotel best western as good also. i think venice in general has good hotel services. tourism is their main source of living.

@kreez, we stayed there overnight. and we practically "walked" though all of venice...with aching feet of course. but we were not able to go to murano.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 08:38:28 am »
^Same lang pala tayo  ;D I always check tripadvisor for hotel reviews. I also find their forum very helpful. I'm still in the research and planning mode for our trip next year so any inputs will be appreciated.   :)

kreez

• Super GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 08:10:07 pm »
@kreez, we stayed there overnight. and we practically "walked" though all of venice...with aching feet of course. but we were not able to go to murano.

thanks sis! siguro magschedule kami ng trip to verona and nearby areas para mamaximize ang trip to venice

forsix10

• GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 06:45:41 pm »
Currently in italy & been to venice day tour yesterday. Paglabas ng train station water na agad makikita mo.sobrang tuwang tuwa kids ko.Update ko lang kayo for some information: 0.50/2.50 euro ang map sa tourist information sa train station.0.80 euro pagpasok sa washroom sa train station, 1.50 euro sa public restroom sa san marco near ferry.6.50euro one way ferry to san marco.16euro 12 hours.hindi malamig sa train.gondola ride 100euro.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 07:44:31 pm »
^Hey that's great! Thanks for the info. Are you still going to Florence? Just to let you know in case you want to go shopping for designer goods, there are outlet shops outside of Florence. We're talking of Prada, Bottega Veneta, Tod's, Valentino, Chloe, etc.  ;D  Can't wait to get there!

forsix10

• GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2011, 12:07:41 am »
Thanks din sa info.baka punta rin kami ng florence daytour.medyo hirap din gumala kasi me kasama kids. Maliit lang venice pero mas ok nga if makapag overnight don.mas ok din if yung mapipili mong hotel eh malapit sa mga station ng ferry tulad nong hotel rialto,tapat mismo non me humihintong ferry.sa san marco naman nandon danieli then sa likod non,tabi ng basilica sa me gilid hotel concordia.di ko lang alam rates.yung iba kasi hotel natatanaw from grand canal eh di ko lang alam san daan non. Kung ako kasi pipili una dapat sobrang lapit lang sa babaan o sakayan then saka compare price (me kids kasi me lagi kasama).

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2011, 09:23:49 am »
^Thanks for the tips on the hotels na rin. That's one of my consideration din since plan namin ni hubby mag overnight or two nights there budget and time permitting. Hirap kaya magbitbit ng bagahe   ;D
I'll check the reviews of the hotels you mentioned in tripadvisor.

Enjoy your Italy tour!   :)

wengerts

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2011, 10:32:39 am »
grab a mojito while watching the sun set :)

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2011, 11:30:33 am »
^hehe sis mukhang di bagay ang Cuban highball sa Venice  ;D Better pa siguro a Chianti with gnocchi or  fritole. Better yet pizza! Then a nice big gelato after, yummy!

joyssabel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2011, 05:52:44 pm »
went to Venice last March, t'was still winter and beginning of Spring.. :) stayed in Sofitel and had a day tour in Verona! t'was awesome.. but people in Venezia sleep early! LOL!

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2011, 09:15:30 pm »
^Did you get to visit Juliet's house? Was your Verona day tour DIY or packaged tour? I'm also interested in doing a side trip there from Venice.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Italy Travel Guide
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2011, 07:52:00 am »
Hubby and I are planning our DIY trip to Italy next year. This will be my first time there and hubby's nth time kaya lang di na nya matandaan kasi he was just in his teens back then. We will have at least 2 weeks to go around. So far this will be our tentative itinerary:

Arrive Milan, overnight
Train to Venice and stay 2 nights
Train back to Florence and stay 4 nights. Day trip to Cinque Terre, Pisa
Rent a car for a week and drive around Tuscany
End up in Rome and stay for 2 nights
Back home

I need tips on affordable and decent places to stay in Milan, Venice and Rome. I'll be renting an apartment in Florence but if you have suggestions please let me know.

Lastly, just another reminder to please refrain from attendance posts, like/wish posts and PM call outs. These posts will be automatically deleted.

Thanks!

chicgurl

• I am WonderWoman and I am a
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Italy Travel Guide
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 08:08:31 pm »
^ nice photos sis..

i love Italy been there for a couple of times coz I visit my friend who migrated there. good thing she offers me to stay with her so i can save on hotel expense :) i love the food, the places to see, the shopping winner! haha might visit again next month.. cross fingers.
April 2014 bride <3 yiippeeee :)

Water and Wine

• GirlTalker
    • Water and Wine: a travel and fashion blog
Re: Italy Travel Guide
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2011, 10:00:26 am »
chicgurl wow you're lucky!!!  not having to pay for your accommodation is a big help!  You can stay longer and have more time to relax without feeling guilty, unlike when you pay for your hotel parang sayang to bum around knowing that you're spending $$ per night  :-\  Enjoy your trip next month!  ;)
Water and Wine: a travel and fashion blog
www.waterandwine.ph

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
The Top 10 Legs in Local Showbiz
We round up the sexiest legs in local showbiz.
5 Quick Ways to Get Rid of Post-Bakasyon Blues
Get yourself out of bed and out the door.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!
FN's Top 10 SPF Beauty Picks for Summer 2014
These babies are mighty protectors from the sun's harmful UV rays.