Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Accupuncture and infertility  (Read 26640 times)

h2omelon.gurl

• GirlTalker
  • We're not barren. We're reproductively challenged.
    • The Baby Project 2011
Accupuncture and infertility
« on: February 24, 2011, 03:13:38 PM »
Mga sis, kung pwede sana irenew natin tong thread on accupuncture.

My husband and I wanted to explore this.  So far normal naman ang findings sa akin... (no block tubes, not PCOS din) but we're having a hard time conceiving.  Hubby had terato-hyperzoospermia (issues on morphology). 

Ask ko lang who tried this and got good results? How much and how frequent dapat yung treatment at saan kayo nagpatreat?

jown

• Probationary
Re: Accupuncture and infertility
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
Hello mga sis. You might want to know more about Reproductive Immunology if you have experienced any of the following:

1. Chemical Pregnancies
2. Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
3. Failure to Initiate and Successfully Complete a Pregnancy
4. Previously Unexplained Failed IVF cycles
5. History of Still Birth
6. History of 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Complications(toxemia, intra uterine growth restriction, placental abruption, gestational diabetes, intra hepatic cholestasis of pregnancy)
7. Primary infertility (someone who has never conceived)
8. Secondary infertility (someone who has had a child but cannot conceive another or constantly has miscarriages or chemical pregnancies)
9. Patients with known auto-immune disorders

Here are two websites in the US about Reproductive Immunology:
http://www.reproductiveimmunology.com
http://www.repro-med.net

There are immunologists here in the Philippines that handle Reproductive immune problems, the most common of which is APAS.

I hope we will be more informed about this problem and its treatment as we share our experiences as patients. :)

jown

• Probationary
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 07:42:45 AM »
right now nagpapa acupuncture na din ako to prepare for our upcoming ivf, never pa din ako na preggy and 3 failed iui na kami kaya our doctor suggested ivf. but before we do the ivf we undergo tissue cross match and it turned out that my natural killer cells is very high that is why we didnt conceive, our repro immunologist suggested that we do the LIT procedure before ivf., to normalize my nk cells activity.

wannabeamamu

• Probationary
    • PCOS Trying to Conceive Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 04:07:46 AM »
sino po may alam ng accu clinic sa southern area (Alabang, Muntinlupa, Laguna)? Tsaka sana mura lang at reliable. I've read about this aiding in conception eh... Hindi ba masakit?

jown

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
mostly  dito sa quezon city ang mga acupuncturist one in panay and the other is in maginhawa st.anonas quezon city. madami na din dito na sisses na na preggy na with the help of acupuncture it really helped a lot especially if you are about to undergo ivf treatment

h2omelon.gurl

• GirlTalker
    • The Baby Project 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »
hi sis,  nowadays hospitals houses wellness centers like in medical city.  they have a wellness center that also offers acupuncture.  i haven't tried it but im considering it.  try calling asian hospital.  maybe they have one as well.

karlagabriel21

• Sophia Elise :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm cool, calm and collected :)
    • momssoliloquy.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »
acupuncture ba is done by a doctor?
wala ba itong contraindication example you are undergoing treatment like injectables or you are about to undergo surgery?
Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

http://momssoliloquy.blogspot.com/

h2omelon.gurl

• GirlTalker
    • The Baby Project 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 01:40:14 PM »
acupuncture ba is done by a doctor?
wala ba itong contraindication example you are undergoing treatment like injectables or you are about to undergo surgery?

hi sis, from what i know, not all acupuncturist are doctors. but some doctors, mostly of chinese decent, would learn that.  i've contacted one acupuncture center in san juan (i think it was intercare) and they have an ob-gyne-slash-acupuncturist.  im not sure what treatments or surgery you are about to go into, but it would be best to tell it to your doctor and/or acupuncturist for advice.

karlagabriel21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »
hi sis h2omelon.gurl.

i'm about to undergo medical treatment for endometriosis and adenomyosis. combination (luprolex shots and lap after 3 months).

will it significantly help in lessening pain and improve fertility? thanks!

jown

• Probationary
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »
yes acupuncture can improve fertility and lessen your pain when in surgery. i myself had dysmenorrhea for years but when i tried acupuncture my dysmenorrhea totally disappears. it can also relieves stress.

karlagabriel21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 09:06:23 AM »
@ jown

hi sis. can you recommend a center or a doctor near alabang area? thanks! :-)

a_y_e_n

• I'm on PMS (Purchasing More Shoes) mode. i love being a newbie mommy and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a girl can never have too many shoes!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 06:00:40 PM »
have you heard of a laser acupuncture? ok din daw ata to. narinig ko kase sister in law ko na recently nagpapaganito daw sya. she have endometriosis and they TTC din.
there once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her HEART
http://kerenkeng.blogspot.com/
http://mylomolove.blogspot.com/

newbeymum

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
My 3rd iui failed  :-\ :-[.... nag stop muna kame ni hubby sa work up kase kailangan muna namin ulit mag ipon ang laki na ng gastos. i had hsg also and the results are good both of my tubes are patent. now im considering na mag accupuncture muna im from qc san ba meron along qc? and how much kaya tnx...

jown

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 08:01:29 AM »
sis ayen saan yung sinasabi mo laser acupuncture? may contact no. ka ba nito?

jown

• Probationary
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 08:06:13 AM »
we have one acupuncturist in panay si sister regie contact no.  and one in maginhawa st. near sikatuna.
3735503 no. in panay call for an appointment first before going there. while in maginahawa the contact no.   9217649, 4348490

karlagabriel21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »
dito ko binabalak pumunta.

http://www.acupuncture.com.ph/treatment.htm

when ba best time to have the acupuncture if i am to address endometriosis?

thanks!  :)

newbeymum

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
thanks for the informations... goodluck to all of us baby dust baby dust!!

aulive

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »
we have one acupuncturist in panay si sister regie contact no.  and one in maginhawa st. near sikatuna.
3735503 no. in panay call for an appointment first before going there. while in maginahawa the contact no.   9217649, 4348490

how much po kaya sa maginhawa? gusto ko rin sana itry...

jown

• Probationary
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 09:49:34 PM »
try calling sa maginhawa st. 1thou ata pag first time patient ka pero succeeding visits e around 700 to 800

luxurious

• clinical nurse and educator
  • GirlTalker
  • "we get what we want,but may we want what we get"
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
hi mga sis! i'm also into acupuncture.. TTC din ako. it actually helps. There is one in alabang in fron of festival, un malapit sa fire station, there is one also in front of ospital ng maynila, meron din sa glorietta sa taas ng mercury and that one in Panay. Dun ako sis sa may ospital ng maynila. She is really a doctor by profession and also into chinese medicine so mas kampante ako sakanya. the clinics that i mentioned nman ar also good, excpet pla sa alabang area i have'nt tried that yet :-)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.