Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 28 NOV 14
Need to maximize room space? Make sure you utilize built-in closets and freestanding cabinets.
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: The One that Got Away -> just wanna share this article =)  (Read 19441 times)

minikeyklush

• GirlTalker
The One that Got Away -> just wanna share this article =)
« on: February 17, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »
THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

Source: The Manila Times
By: Mark J. Macapagal

In your life, youll make note of a lot of people. Ones with whom you shared something special, ones who will always mean something. Theres the one you first kissed, the one you first loved, the one you lost your virginity to, the one you put on a pedestal, the one youre withand the one that got away.

Who is the one that got away? I guess its that person with who everything was great, everything was perfect, but the timing was just wrong. There was no fault in the person, there was no flaw in the chemistry, but the cards just didnt fall the right way, I suppose.

I believe in the fact that ending up with someone, finding a longtime partner that is, does not lie merely in the other person. I can actually argue that an equal part, or maybe even the greater part, has to do with the matter of timing. It has to do with you being ready to settle down and commit to someone in a way that goes beyond the little niceties of giddy romance.

How often have you gone through it without even realizing it? When youre not ready to commit in that mature manner, it doesnt matter who youre with, it just doesnt work. Small problems become big; inconsequentials become dealbreakers simply because youre not ready and it shows. Its not that you and the person youre with are no good; its just that its not yet right, and little things become the flashpoint of that fact.

Then one day youre ready. You really are. And when this happens youll be ready to settle down with someone. He or she may not be the most perfect, they might not be the brightest star of romance to ever have burned in your life, but itll work because youre ready. Itll work because its the right time and youll make it work. And itll make sense, it really will.

So that day comes when youre finally making sense of things, and you find yourself to be a different person. Things are different, your approach is different, you finally understand who you are and what you want, and youve become ready because the time has truly arrived. And mind you, theres no telling when this day will come. Hopefully youre single but you could be in a long-term relationship, you could be married with three kids, it doesnt matter.

All you know is that youve changed, and for some reason, the one that got away, is the first person you think about.

Youll think about them because youll wonder, "What if they were here today?" Youll wonder, "What if we were together now, with me as I am and not as I was?". Thats what the one that got away is. The biggest "What if?" youll have in your life.

If youre married, youll just have to accept the fact that the one that got away, got away. Believe me, nomatter how fairy tale you think your marriage is, this can happen to the best of us. But hopefully youre mature enough to realize that youre already with the one youre with and this is just another test of your commitment, one which will just strengthen your marriage when you get past it. Sure, youll think about him/her every so often, but its alright. Its never nice to live with a "might have been," but it happens.

Maybe the one that got away is the one whos already married. In which case its the same thing. You just have to accept and know that your memories of that person will probably bring a nice little smile to your lips in the future when youre old and gray and reminiscing. But if neither of that is the case, then its different. What do you do if its not yet too late? Simplefind him, find her. Because the very existence of a "one that got away" means that youll always wonder, what if you got that one?

Ask him out to coffee, ask her out to a movie, it doesnt matter if youve dropped in from out of nowhere. Youd be surprised, you just might be "the one that got away" as well for the person who is your "the one that got away."

You might drop in from out of nowhere and it wont make a difference.

If the timing is finally right, itll all just fall into place somehow and you know, Im thinking, it would be a great feeling in the end, to be able to say to someone, "Hey you, youre the one that almost got away." =)

--> super relate :) haysss..
"maybe getting over someone youre in love with isnt impossible. Unless, maybe you dont actually get over it. Maybe you just learn to live with it....." - Felicity

katthee

• GirlTalker
Re: The One that Got Away -> just wanna share this article =)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »
super relate too. I have a copy of this article for a long time na coz this struck me :)
Cool!!!

minikeyklush

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »
@sis katthee yep super relate din.. hehe

i believe in a lifetime meron ka talagang makikilala na "the one that got away", you are lucky if you found him/her again, pero mostly talagang sila yung nawala na totally :)
"maybe getting over someone youre in love with isnt impossible. Unless, maybe you dont actually get over it. Maybe you just learn to live with it....." - Felicity

ShoesAndTravel

• GirlTalker
    • Shoes & Travel
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
I read this article in facebook. I can relate... wrong timing!
What I want. What we want. Shoes and Travel.

minikeyklush

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:10:13 PM »
I read this article in facebook. I can relate... wrong timing!

@sis shoes travel its just matter of timing talaga hehe nakakainis lang pag ganun tee hee!  ;D

cherub.rock

• Junior GirlTalker
  • nobody's baby!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 04:56:52 AM »
@sis katthee yep super relate din.. hehe

i believe in a lifetime meron ka talagang makikilala na "the one that got away", you are lucky if you found him/her again, pero mostly talagang sila yung nawala na totally :)

reading this got me wondering.. has anyone ever thought of me as "the one that got away?" ???

mishmish

• I'm shy but I'm friendly... eccentric but exquisite and undeniably a....
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Addicted to Counter-Strike Again
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »

Ask him out to coffee, ask her out to a movie, it doesnt matter if youve dropped in from out of nowhere. Youd be surprised, you just might be "the one that got away" as well for the person who is your "the one that got away."

I wonder it too... am I the one who got away too? online siya ngayon sa FB, should I say hi, should I say say hello? hayz
** The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're alive **

minikeyklush

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 02:49:30 PM »
reading this got me wondering.. has anyone ever thought of me as "the one that got away?" ???

@sis cherub rock, meron yan sis hehe :D especially pag naging mabuti ka naman to them :) tee hee!  :D at mabuti na din na ganun para lagi nilang maiisip na sila ang nawalan hindi ikaw :)

I wonder it too... am I the one who got away too? online siya ngayon sa FB, should I say hi, should I say say hello? hayz

@sis mishmish wag kana magaksaya ng time, if you think na makakapagsaya sayo un and wala namang conflict in between the two of you, go for it.. kesa mabuhay ka sa if's.. and then pag dumating yung time na nagawa mo na lahat then nothing happened, let go.. :D at least you did your part. wala kang regrets :D

mishmish

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
^sis, hmmm tingin ko wala naman sigurong magiging conflict  ;) actually we're both married na din (naligaw lang ako dito sa being single na thread  :P) siguro kaya lang ako walang courage to make the move kasi, parang ang tagal na naming walang communication, siguro parang awkward lang.... di bale... the next time na mag-online siya ulit.. hope i would have the courage to say hi man lang...

siguro naman i'm not being unfaithful kay hubby  :P :P
** The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're alive **

minikeyklush

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »
^sis, hmmm tingin ko wala naman sigurong magiging conflict  ;) actually we're both married na din (naligaw lang ako dito sa being single na thread  :P) siguro kaya lang ako walang courage to make the move kasi, parang ang tagal na naming walang communication, siguro parang awkward lang.... di bale... the next time na mag-online siya ulit.. hope i would have the courage to say hi man lang...

siguro naman i'm not being unfaithful kay hubby  :P :P

@sis mishmish.. hihi natawa ako sayo loka ka sis! hahaha  ;D nway, kung purely pagha-hi lang yan go sis hehe :D pero dapat gang dun lang.. pero meron talaga sis na ganyan na kahit married kana meron pa ding tao na maiisip mo kahit minsan na "the one that got away" hehe pero sabe nga, got away na talaga pag ganun hehe Godbless sis, mag- hi ka na tee hee!  ;D

mishmish

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 11:19:43 PM »
^LOL!

haven't seen him for 7 years na din, sometimes talaga, naiisip ko kung ano ang sasabihin ko sa kanya let's say we bump into each other sa mall, sa restaurant... para kasing naka-hang pa din ako, hey don't me wrong ha, i love my hubby with all my heart, it's just that feeling ko walang closure, in the sense na hindi ko alam kung anong nangyari bakit he changed his mind.. bakit all of a sudden mas pinili niya ang pinili niya... kung bakit ako ang na-give up niya... wala lang, so my questions left unanswered lang kaya siguro ganun... alam kong harmless naman itong feeling na to.. hehe lagot talaga ako kay hubby kung alam niya to  ;D ;D

biikq

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 09:16:34 AM »
supppeeerrr relate din ako.. i post it in my facebook para mabasa naman ng iba. very nice article...
Instagram: cheapandchic0831
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapnchic

mishmish

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »
^ Waaahh I wanted to post it on facebook too, kaso mababasa yan ni "the one who got away" feeling na kung feeling LOL! baka maya niyan isipin niya pinatatamaan ko siya! LOL!!  ;D

minikeyklush

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 07:20:11 PM »
@sis mish mish wag mo na ipost eh hehe it's better to left that way sis, kung nag-hi ka na sa kanya hehe :D

hearty_flakes

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
super nice... very relatable!!!
LOVE IS NOT TO BE FOUND IN SOMEONE ELSE, BUT IN OURSELVES; WE SIMPLY AWAKEN IT. BUT IN ORDER TO DO THAT, WE NEED OTHER PERSON.
THE UNIVERSE ONLY MAKES SENSE WHEN WE HAVE SOMEONEONE TO SHARE OUR FEELINGS WITH.

-Eleven Minutes (PAULO COELHO)-

mishmish

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »
^^sis minikeyklush - yes better to leave things as they are....  :)

minikeyklush

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »
@sis mishmish sometimes the best thing that we could do for the people that we love and we have loved is to stay out their lives hehe sabe lang sis hehe  ;D

mishmish

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
^oo nga eh... minsan kasi some things are not meant to be... and we have to accept this harsh reality hehe  :P

minikeyklush

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:23 AM »
@sis mish mish ang mushy naten ke aga aga hahaha  ;D

mishmish

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »
^LOL!  :P

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.