Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 23 NOV 14
No boyfriend? No problem! Learn to be comfy in your own company--it will help boost your self-confidence too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Wearing authentic crystals for good luck  (Read 91792 times)

gorgeousmama

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Wearing authentic crystals for good luck
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2012, 06:13:28 AM »
 thanks  sis summersong :)

Goodluck on your new collections and hope  you can study your stones para you can share 
with us yung mga findings mo :)

feline13

• Junior GirlTalker
  • you live, you learn.
    • Pinay Fitness
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2012, 08:30:42 AM »
Hi sisses!

I added Sis Sarah and Sis Ada sa FB.

@gorgeousmama / summersong,
Yesterday, I wasn't able to visit GB5 kasi kulang na sa oras. But I was able to pass by Landmark -- maybe you want to check it out. May mga semi-precious stones dun sa may gitna.
I was eyeing those necklaces that they have.
The SAs doesn't know much. Basic lang.
And may mga tags (with description) yung iba -- they mostly have Onyx, Carnelian (the solid orange kind.. akala ko nga orange adventurine eh -- mine kasi had a bit of a white stripe in some) , Ruby (daw), Moonstone, Lapiz Lazuli (but walang gold streaks masyado.. yun yung mahal eh) I forgot na the others -- the big pieces are stones.. they also have earrings.
Pag napadaan ka, tell me what you think.. 

I was able to check out Acc Lab over the weekend. Kaso, ang daming tao (mga 5 in the room?).
I was asking the SA some questions on what they have and pointing out some crystals, pero they weren't able to entertain.. so, after waiting for like 5mins, I left na. :( will prolly go there on a weekday or sumthin..

raspberryglace04

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Content and Beyond
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
mga sis (pwede bang mag-SOS sis Aquacharly), ano bang stone ang maganda pampa-baba ng stress, depression at init ng ulo?

may nabili akong bracelet sa mall before... it was color brownish-mustard halos... for the life of me hindi ko na matandaan anong tawag sa stone or crystal na yun. na-attract lang ako... eh hindi ko naman alam if the crystal was really calling me or because gusto ko lang yung kulay kasi neutral.

yung husband ko, nung bumili kami ng hematite, as in tig-50 lang, tapos sinuot nya kahit natutulog, nabawasan yung paghihilik nya. eh parang tricycle na ayaw mag-start kung maghilik yun... pero talagang tumigil then lately bumalik pero mahina na... yun pala may crack na yung mga beads nung hematite nya. tama ba ako ng analogy?
Signature edited.

rhed

• Senior GirlTalker
    • The Adventures adn Misadventures of Mrs. Panda
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
went to A.LAb two weeks ago, and i had a very pleasant experience on eof the owners was there and she advised me to check the thimbled gems at the corner and just touch them and wait for the calling of the stones, i spend a good 15 minutes and got 7 stones on my hand afterwards i showed it to her and ask for her the meaning of the stones  :) but she asked me first what do i need, i said i want something calming, for nega peeps, good for the heart and mind, insomnia, eyesight and my sinusitis lol. and guess what all the stones i have are for my concerns! and i got amethrine too for my sinusitis  :) :) :)

so sisses when u buy your stones esp for newbies like me touch them and feel them may iabng feeling when u have them in your hands  :) :) :)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »
mga sis (pwede bang mag-SOS sis Aquacharly), ano bang stone ang maganda pampa-baba ng stress, depression at init ng ulo.....

CHRYSOPRASE addresses it all.   
What works for me if my main concern is to calm down:  BLUE LACE AGATE & WHITE JADE
Depression:  CITRINE or RHODOCHROSITE OR YELLOW JADE

Quote from: raspberryglace04 link=topic=238987.msg6913772#msg6913772
date=1330061296
may nabili akong bracelet sa mall before... it was color brownish-mustard halos... for the life of me hindi ko na matandaan anong tawag sa stone or crystal na yun. na-attract lang ako... eh hindi ko naman alam
 if the crystal was really calling me or because gusto ko lang yung kulay kasi neutral.

MOOKITE or an AGATE??   

raspberryglace04

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Content and Beyond
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
^ yellow agate nga yata yun sis aqua... kasi when i researched about the stone parang it addresses nga naman yung depression yata kaya sabi ko aba sakto.

i also got a green agate bracelet... parang chips siya, hindi bilog na beads. yun medyo mas sigurado ako na agate kasi ipinakita pa namin sa binondo (sa ibang shop) to confirm kung agate nga. naglabas pa ng libro yung SA at hinanap, sabi mukhang agate naman nga daw.

naku sis, aside sa citrine at jade (akala ko pa nga green lang meron) never heard or read about ko yung minention mo. sana may mahanap akong bracelet na chrysoprase or rhochrosite... at sana authentic makuha ko.

thanks so much!

Signature edited.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
GORGEOUS MAMA,   The best way to determine if a  crystal's energy resonates with you is to hold  it for a few minutes while you are in the store.   Release, return & hold, - repeat.   After  30min. of browsing around eh gusto mo pa tgt  crystal --  consider buying it.   

ACC LAB's bracelet of moonstones -- there is that white one with the irridescent circles appearing on the beads.  That is a very good specimen. 4500?   --  yung very definite the white circles.    Oo, maganda, but well, I do not respond  to moonstones :).    There is a moonstone set in silver as a ring. The stone  is nicely rounded -- pero tignan mo, wala halos irridescence. :( 

GORGEOUS  MAMA, if you do not feel any attraction -- don't get anything. Do not force it.   I will share something with you --  I once went to Minex at Bocobo with my sister, both of us with the intent to buy.  This is  something ha -- kasi, lol, we oftentimes go out and say we will not buy -- yes, tell that to the
marines, lol.   That afternoon at Minex, flat-line.      Kahit anong gusto namin to buy, wala talaga as in
zero called out to us.  Even if I tried to justify any purchase kasi  malayo pa where we came from - zero.
  I am not going back there ever again.

YASH of Stall 92 at the Greenhills tiangge jewelry section has size 14 or 15 multicolored rutilated quartz -- enough for 2 bracelets.   Better go if you're interested --  few strands left.   She had PERIDOT but her only 2 strands were bought immediately by the lady before me.    You can order though.  Note:  peridot is crackled & mottled; the clear ones are sobrang mahal; usually set as jewelry ag nakita mo.   

There is a good specimen of PHRENITE - cool light green, naturally mottled with  black --  already sold as a neckace (can make into 2 bracelets).   What else was good there???   Faceted size  10 dark GARNETS.   Carnellians there not ok.   The onyx is dull - try elsewhere.   There are a couple of TIGER'S EYE size 15 or 14 strands --  ask for those with red, blue & regular gold Tiger's Eye altogether on 1 strand - good specimen, ang mahal  ng buy ko ng mine sa Macau!  Oh well....   

I have not seen the Shang stores yet.     Dati kasi there were sellers  outside Mercury Drug -- nawalan ako ng  patience and interest coz at that  time, mas madami yung color-enhanced, and daming ay borloloy na buddha, etc etc na plastic!  Lol

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »
@ sis gorgeousmama -- you're welcome :)

And I agree with sis aquacharly, if nothing calls out to you, don't force it. I think there's a combination of factors that will bring you and your crystal at the right place and time. In my case, I'm also interested in them from a metallurgical standpoint, hindi lang for healing or fashion.

I initially was skeptical about any healing properties ng crystals, but for some reason nabawasan nga ako ng fatigue and stress since i started using it, eto't two weeks na. I don't feel the usual lightheaded tiredness at the end of the day.

May metaphysical properties man ang crystals o wala, it's still composed of minerals and ions that, logically, may affect a human body, which can include healing. Hopefully I'll be able to find credible scientific reports that can connect the dots between crystals and people. You know, some explanation that parallels the connection between a quartz's power and a functioning watch.

raspberryglace04

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Content and Beyond
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »
^sis, if i may ask, anong crystals ang gamit mo for fatigue and stress? do you use them as separate bracelets or pwedeng magkakasama yung stones?

ako din kasi at the end of the day parang ayoko ng kumilos... i'm dog-tired most of the time. has a lot to do din siguro with being overweight (which i will do something about really soon  ;)), pero kung may crystal that will help with my low energy, i'd like to try din.

when you say 'uppers' na crystals, eto ba yung pang-energize? with 'downers' meaning pampakalma?
Signature edited.

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »
^ sis i have only a single crystal bracelet, so far ;D i've already posted it a few pages back but it has tourmaline, rose quartz, amethyst, and citrine. pinasadya ko na ganun since newbie pa lang naman ako sa crystals, i wanted to have samples of different crystals while also having a general goal in mind (decrease fatigue & negative energy, increase positive energy). nagkataon lang na mukhang ok sa akin ang naipagawa kong combination.

sarahsensible

• Professional Makeup Artist. Mom of 4. Happy Wife
  • Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2012, 11:26:24 PM »
gorgeousmama sis saan banda sa shang yung 2 pang stores? Nung ako naman ang kasama ko pinsan kong lalake, nakikisawsaw din sis nakakainis  ;D mas matanong pa "ano daw bagay sa lalake" LOL

summersong sis sounds promising to me ang mga nakuha mo  ;) ano pala plan mo gagawin mo ba silang bracelet or necklace or what? para tuloy gusto ko na rin syang puntahan pag may time at taga drive ako. Post mo naman sa FB yung mga nakuha mo sis lalo na yung mga raw  ;)

feline13 sis Landmark Makati yan diba? Hay naku sa Landmark Trinoma puro Jade in GREEN!  ;D lam na! LOL

aquacharly sis si yash ba nasa jewelry section or nasa side ng PH goods? kasi last time I went sa GH meron akong nadaanang isang stall near PH goods na puro lang crystals and stones ang binebenta nya.

raspberryglace04 sis upper ko si citrine... pampa kalma din hanap ko, so try natin yung CHRYSOPRASE ni sis aqua..balitaan mo ako baka tumalab sa makukulit na CA LOL
our 4th baby... Nicole Adrianna ;)

raspberryglace04

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Content and Beyond
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »
sis summersong... saan ka nagpa-sadya? hirap kasi baka plastic ibigay saken.  ;D sa binondo nung umikot kami may sinasabi pa silang class a na stone/crystal... so ano yun, fake or low quality lang? sa bags kasi pag sinabing class a or class 7a or whatever pa yan eh FAKE agad classification di ba?

sis sarahsensible... sana nga tumalab. pero una muna eh maghanap. sana nga matandaan ko, eh ni hindi ko nga ma-spell. hahaha!  ;D
Signature edited.

sarahsensible

• Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2012, 11:45:01 PM »
^sis i was just googling at kanina at mali pag ka spell ko, napa copy paste tuloy ako from sis aqua's post LOL paano naman ang pag pronounce? gudluck LOL
Merong sinasabi ni hubby na "industrialized" naman.

Okay din pala ang CHRYSOPRASE for speed healing, mukhang kailangan ko nga sya bago ako manganak

gorgeousmama

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2012, 04:40:07 AM »
sis AQUACHARLY,

I concur with you that I dont have to force myself if the stone does not resonate with me kasi it wont serve its purpose :)

after contemplating, googling and reading a few lines from the book of Judy Hall, it dawned to me  why I was drawn to amethsyt and Moonstone because they were the one pala  I needed at the moment and that is  to combat my insomnia and to calm my emotions,,,

as for the amethyst i love this stone and kung baga it holds a special place in my heart ke me cure o wala ,bibili at bibili ako ng amethsyt,, lol, :),

yes sis aqua the moonstone you mentioned was the one that i was attracted to, i think 4,5oo nga sya , di ba maganda sya??, the presentation and the stone itself,,,  i saw   the Iridescent circle that makes it more attractive  now im thinking i dont like a white eh , bu this one realy l appeals to me,,, then after reading excerpt from Judy hall"s book  that the stone will     call out  to you kasi depende sa NEEDS natin,  i dont feel anxious na

, baka you dont respond  sa moonstone kasi di mo sya kailangan, lol

if i may ask  lang sis, why  wont  you set your foot in mINEX again, do you have a nega vibes ba there?

I will check out the tiangge stall In here in GH, i dont trust kasi mga stalls dito not unless kakilala mo or someone recommends, dyan ako mgpa practice, lol

thanks sis AQUA for the tips and insights :) :-*

gorgeousmama

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2012, 05:34:21 AM »
sis feline,

will check it out,, :)  try mo to drop by again sa A.LAB kasi they have beautiful collection di ba  :)

sis sarah

sa ground floor sya me side ng ZARA, yung aisle dun na me mga Kiosk,  pg nakita mo yung Tokyo tokyo yung side na yun, you wont miss it kasi mgkatabi yung 2 stall ng crystals and charms :)
drop by ka din sa GH, dun sa na mention ni sis aqua,,, looks like good finds din there :)

sis summersong,

sis im also skeptical at first sa healing powers nito, coz yung Agate na i bought before sa MInex to ward off the nega vibes in our house did not work out mybe that's the reason why i lost my faith
in crystals  but looking back, i was not aware that i  have to program and cleanse it to serve its purpose  ,,,,im still in the process of knowing and comprehending the healing effects of the crystals with thehelp  of our  continous interaction and sharing of  insights here,,, :),

thanks for your tips also :)

seven82

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »
sis gorgeousmama,

ito naman na experience ko. first time me and hubby went to buy, ang purpose namin e citrine lang for hubby. then nakita ko yung amethyst. hindi ako fan ng purple/violet shade hehe pero napapatingin ako ng napapatingin hanggang sa pinalabas ko siya sa SA. pwede din sigurong birthstone ko siya kaya ganoon hehe pero decided to buy for my daughter since favorite shade niya un and for overall protection naman siya. kaso naenhance third eye ng daughter ko while wearing it.. specially kapag nasa Roxas Blvd kami near CCP.. nakakastress... kasi magiging uneasy siya and hindi siya mapakali sa saksakyan and she keeps on saying na scary tapos dinedescribe niya.. hindi ko alam na yung amethyst pala ang cause until nakausap namin a good friend of ours na maalam sa crystals/gems. hindi ko na pinasuot yung amethyst and pinalitan ko na ng black tourmaline. ako ngayon ang nagsusuot nung amethyst niya pero kahit ako ang may suot affected pa din daughter ko kapag magkasama kami. and since ako na ang may suot may times na may makikita akong shadow na tumawid. then nung nakaraan bumisita ako sa bahay ng friend ko may nafifeel akong parang may bumababa ng hagdan.. hindi lang once as naka ilang lingon ako sa hagdan nila pero wala namang bumababa..

isa sa mga problems ko before e yung kahit nakatulog na ako ng 7 to 8 hours pag gising ko e parang hindi pa din ako nakapagpahinga.. madalas din akong stressed na sumasakit na shoulders ko. i started wearing aquamarine and ang laki ng naitulong sa akin.  :) first night palang na suot ko siya ang gaan ng pakiramdam ko pagkagising hehe

somewhat attracted to black tourmaline din kaya nakakailan na kami hehe i admire crystals and gems but iba yung nafeel ko nung nakita, lalo na nung nahawakan ko yung tourmalinated quartz and golden rutilated quartz.. malalaki pa yung beads niya e dati kapag may nilabas na malaking beads automatic hindi ko na dinadampot kasi maliit lang wrist ko. kahit hindi ko nabili yung golden rutilated quartz (kasi sobrang mahal.. 28k) i left the store na masaya hehe maybe because alam ko na ngayon what i like  :) ito na ang next target ko hehe

kaya sis wag kang mafrustrate  :) i'm sure mahahanap mo din ang right crystal/gem for you  ;) Good Luck!  :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:35:09 AM by seven82 »
Keep Moving Forward!

- Walt Dsiney

Pretty Gorgeous

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I Heart myCukie
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »
wow its good active na thread ng crystals/gemstones  :) very informative & i want to learn more sa mga sisses natin here :)

I have been wearing crystals for quite sometime now i have a few pieces like aquamarine (bracelet, earrings, ring),  amethyst ring, tigers eye bracelet, clear quartz, Turquoise necklace, sapphire (earrings, pendant, ring), onyx (earrings, ring), Tourmaline pendant.

my recent purchase Citrine bought it at Binondo.

dami ko gusto bilin like Moonstone, black tourmaline and Bronzite (it bounces back triple to source, whatever bad vibes are sent) i learned/read this from sis Aquacharly ;)
I want to buy black tourmaline bracelet kaso ang mahal 5k nagtanong ako sa isang store sa binondo  :(

Iam always drawn to rose quartz and green jade & have a few collection nito.

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
@ sis raspberryglace04

bought it sa shang, dun sa kiosk below the american eye center, sa may escalators. yung may cowboy theme at water decor as another sis mentioned.

@ sis sarahsensible

have no idea yet what to do with the stones. i trust ideas will present themselves as time passes. if they're pretty enough pwedeng gawing pendants, if small enough pwedeng maging bracelet or ring. or i can just frame them and distribute around my place kung saan kailangan. at the very least i can display bigger crystals for educational purposes, kids at one point are always attracted to pretty rocks. :D

i'll check out the GH stall tomorrow, hope i can score some good finds. nangingilag pa kasi ako mag-browse sa GH or binondo dahil di pa ko refined kumilatis ng crystals. mas nagdududa kasi ako kung masyadong maganda ang appearance and polish ng crystals, feeling ko dun ako mapepeke. ;D

what i can say about minex, the showroom's aura was STALE, at best. it's dusty and cluttered. however, browse pa rin ako, thinking na kahit ganun ang environment, if a crystal still manages to call my attention, then the crystal must be something special. today, the amazonite somehow looks prettier to me compared to the day i got it. cleanse and program ko pa lang ang tumbled stones mamaya.

sarahsensible

• Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
sis Pretty Gorgeous ang ganda ng rose quarts ano? parang feeling ko maatract ako agad sa kanya

sis seven82 black tourmaline ang isa sa next plans ko  :D

sis summersong my toddlers are really attracted to crystals, my 3yr old daughter always asking me na gusto nya magsuot ng citrine

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2012, 05:59:15 PM »
GORGEOUS MAMA :  PHIA GEMS Stall 92 -- where the Muslims sell pearls. 

Ingat ha doon sa pagpili.  Basta when in doubt:  put it down.   

Do not get the bronzite there --  compared to mine, medj magaan.  Basta sa feel ko eh parang hindi  natural stone.   

Basta the good specimens there, as of yesterday, are  the Tiger's Eye --of different colors (pareho brown but with either  red, blue or gold markings);  the Prehnite that was like green light watermelon in color,  and small dark faceted garnets.

Do not shy away from size 14 or 15 beads - use as chokers or even bracelets. My wrist is small too but the bigger beads look better kahit na 3 at a time wear ko na bracelets - mas mataray! Lol.

When you travel abroad   and leave  your real jewelry    at home -- mas may dating big crystals.  In the better stores of NYC & Paris -- yung mga chunky chunky or big specimens makita mo at prices na lol mapapanganga ka (lol, ang cute ng term na yan I got from  this thread). 

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.