Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 16 APR 14
Addicted to coffee? Bring your own container--it may save you some money, and even if it doesn't, you'll be saving the planet one cup at a
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Turbo Broiler Recipes  (Read 44368 times)

ava_camille

• SAHM, wife , friend and
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i love being me.....
Turbo Broiler Recipes
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:26:06 pm »
Bought a turbo Broiler a week ago :) sadly I don't know any recipes for turbo broiler except for the Liempo :)

Please post any Recipes

Tia
"Life is like taking photographs.We often pose the way we wanna be seen by the others.But sometimes by taking stolen shots they capture who we really are"

sardonyx

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Turbo Broiler Recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:55:29 pm »
Hi!  I'm sharing some of my recipes.  Some of them I got from Panlasang Pinoy, cooking blogs, and here in girltalk! I just modified the temperature settings and cooking time. :)

Crispy Pata
Start by simmering the pata in plenty of salted water for a couple of hours. Throw in a whole garlic, onion, peppercorns and a bay leaf for flavor. When tender, drain and cool. Transfer to freezer after. 
Rub salt on the skin before placing  it in the turbo broiler. The extreme temperatures are what makes it really crispy. Set the timer to 20 minutes on both sides, and the temperature to 250 degrees Celsius.

Turbo Chicken
1. Give the chicken a good rubdown with salt, pepper, and some olive oil. You may add herbs if you want (calamansi, sesame oil, butter, garlic, ginger, parsley).
2. Put the whole chicken inside the oven.
3. That's it, just wait for the chicken to cook. I usually set it to 40-45 minutes at 190 Celsius (or 375 Fahrenheit, if you're on the English system).

Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (try 1:2 butter and flour proportion for crunchy cookies)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 piece raw egg
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cooking procedure:
1. Combine flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt then mix well. Set aside.
2. Put the butter in a mixing bowl then cream using an electric mixer.
3. Gradually add the light brown sugar while beating. Continue beating until the texture becomes fluffy.
4. Add-in the vanilla extract then continue mixing for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Put-in the egg then beat in low-speed for another minute.
6. Gradually add the oats and mix until fully distributed.
7. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture (flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon) then mix again.
8. Using the turbo broiler, I set the timer to 6 minutes and bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. From what I gathered, you cut cooking time in half and lower the temperature of the turbo by about 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Place a parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet or baking tray. Scoop some of the mixture and arrange on top of the parchment paper. Flatten the mixture to a thickness of about 1/2 inch.  Or drop cookies 2" apart on a well greased cookie sheet and bake until light brown.
11. Remove the cookies from the turbo and let cool for a few minutes.
12. Transfer to a cooling grid to completely cool.
13. Serve. Share and enjoy!

Baked Spareribs
Ingredients:
Brown sugar, honey, salt, calamansi, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, pepper, garlic.
Procedure:
1. Combine the ingredients and mix well.
2. Place the spare ribs over a sheet of Aluminum foil and apply the rub on both sides of the spare ribs
3. Cover the spare ribs with the Aluminum foil by joining the opposite sides and sealing them. If the aluminum foil is short, you may add a new sheet by placing it on top of the spare ribs. Leave this for at least one hour.
4.  Bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 1 hour.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:31:59 pm by sardonyx »

Petsy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:11:48 pm »
wow sarap naman. naiimagine ko na. question, malakas ba to sa kuryente?

sardonyx

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 04:12:26 pm »
^ hindi naman siguro sis. :)

Pink_Sugar

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »
sina bf yung whole chicken nilalagay sa turbo without any seasoning kaya walang lasa...
so nag imagine lang kami ni bf one time para magkalasa sya.
nilagay namin sa isang bowl ang maggi savor, maggi magic sarap, maraming sibuyas, siling pula, paminta, maraming bawang, cooking oil and konting suka. tapos nirub ko ng mabuti sa manok, hiniwa-hiwa ko pa yung manok para lumasa sa loob. then after ko i-rub, yung mixture at yung mga sibuyas at bawang at sili na natira eh nilagay ko sa loob ng chicken. tapos tinurbo namin. okay naman lasa nya.
sayang nga walang pineapple juice at celery at kinchay para mas malasa. hehe

ava_camille

• Senior GirlTalker
  • i love being me.....
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 04:56:41 pm »
wow sarap naman. naiimagine ko na. question, malakas ba to sa kuryente?

Sabi ng father-in-law ko malakas daw, kaya nung ginamit namin turbo broiler, pinatay namin ref at tv
"Life is like taking photographs.We often pose the way we wanna be seen by the others.But sometimes by taking stolen shots they capture who we really are"

jan888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 06:39:21 pm »
^Huh?  I thought it is supposed to be super energy saver compared to the conventional oven?

Anyway, I have one also bought about 2-3 years ago and so far I've used it once lang to make pork barbeque in sticks.  The result was so so, I followed the recipe that came with the turbo package.

Puwede pa share naman recipe mo sa liempo?  By the way, how did your liempo turn out?

trendy

• Proud to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Be happy...life is good!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:32:15 pm »
ano kayang ingredients/marinade para medyo kalasa ng savory chicken? sarap kasi nun e.
Work like you don't need the money. Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt.

ava_camille

• Senior GirlTalker
  • i love being me.....
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 03:54:06 pm »
Thank you so much for the recipes sisses

elarose

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Even if I'm not the light, I can be the Spark...
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 04:56:41 pm »
question mga sis..gusto ko kasi magluto ng bakked tahong kaso wala kaming oven...tingin nyo, pwede ko yun lutuin sa turbo? :)

jaded1025

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 12:54:43 am »
Salamat sa recipes sis!

Natry na namin yun turbo chicken, shepherd's pie..

kookie420

• Super GirlTalker
  • riptides & undertow: enter at your own risk!
    • Quick Kitchen Recipes for the Harassed Mom
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »

i wish i could find a good turbo broiler in Singapore. I tried asking some people in Best or in Courts, they don't understand what it is.

Back home, my nanay used to make really good lechon kawali and I don't mind eating a lot because it's not deep fried, she uses turbo. and I love it when we heat the lechon in turbo because the skin gets crispy again.

trendy

• Proud to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Be happy...life is good!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 04:51:41 pm »
^sis, i'm also based in sg pero i was able to buy a turbo broiler here. di ko na matandaan kung san ko sya nabili pero either sa carrefour (suntec) or giant in parkway parade. check mo lang dun sa appliance section nila.
Work like you don't need the money. Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt.

Vans

• GirlTalker
  • The cuervo gold makes tonight a wonderful thing
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 04:42:01 pm »
I usually cook turbo chicken as well. Nahihirapan ako mag bigay ng recipe, kasi di ako nag memeasure.
Pero eto yun ginagawa ko:
Rub grated ginger,salt and pepper all over the chicken (inside and out). Wag masyadong madaming ginger siguro mga 1 1/2in of ginger will suffice
Stuff it with lemongrass, large onion, 1 head of garlic.
Drizzle olive oil
Make sure to tie the legs and tuck the wings (para di maging dry ng sobra)
Cook it at 350F for 45min, then turn it.. cook for another 30 to 40mins.  Hanggang brown na yun skin on both sides.
Save the drippings, you can use it to make gravy.

ez4gotten

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 05:19:35 pm »
question mga sis..gusto ko kasi magluto ng bakked tahong kaso wala kaming oven...tingin nyo, pwede ko yun lutuin sa turbo? :)

yes sis. natry na namin magluto ng baked tahong sa turbo. :)

kookie420

• Super GirlTalker
  • riptides & undertow: enter at your own risk!
    • Quick Kitchen Recipes for the Harassed Mom
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 10:28:45 pm »
^sis, i'm also based in sg pero i was able to buy a turbo broiler here. di ko na matandaan kung san ko sya nabili pero either sa carrefour (suntec) or giant in parkway parade. check mo lang dun sa appliance section nila.

Hi trendy, thanks for the tip. I saw one online, they call it convection oven. hehe Salamat ulit! :D

joram328

• GirlTalker
  • Earning more $$$ from passive income gigs :)
    • Joram's Stitched Creations
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 07:10:03 pm »
Hello mga sis,

I usually turbo my chicken and the only thing I use on the whole chicken is Campbell's Cream of Mushroom and a little salt. Pwede na half can for a whole chicken. Spread this on the chicken both inside and outside. Pwede rin naman ilagay mo lahat yung isang lata kasi masarap naman yung drippings :)

Yung salt, usually mga 2 pinches of salt lang okay na sya. Depende rin talaga sa taste nyo kung medyo maalat, you can make it 3 pinches of salt. Mas healthy naman kasi pag less salt di ba. Pwede nyo ihalo yung salt sa mushroom before you spread it para mas pantay yung lasa. Optional din you can add a little pepper, pero okay na rin wala.

Tried and tested na to mga sis. Masarap talaga sya, promise :)

newbeymum

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 11:08:22 pm »
sarap ng mga recipe dito.. im gonna try nga i just recently bought a 3-in 1 convection oven/turbo broiler at Western in trinoma its only 3400php pag cash.. try ko yun cookies naka lagay dito. pano ba gumawa ng lechon kawali using the turbo? hope may mag share ng recipe dito. thanks :)

Dhee-Dhee

• programmer, cake boss addict, mom-wanna-be, daydreamer and
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I can't live without ice cream!
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 03:02:27 pm »
subscribing! sis joram, try ko yung recipe mo.. usually kasi i just rub my chicken with salt, pepper and aji ginisa. thanks for sharing! sana may makapag share kung pano gumawa ng lasagna using turbo oven. :)
It's like my heart is a tooth, and it's got a cavity that can only be filled with children. ~Gru

BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH NAH NAH!

Snow globes and carousels.. oh how I love them!

bettyboop1322

• Mummie of two lil hearthrobs ^_^
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 09:51:21 am »
Share ko lang favorite ni hubby:
Turbo-baked Potato Wedges

2  large baking potatoes
  c olive oil
  tsp salt
  tsp paprika

Peel the potatoes. Slice into wedges (each potato should make around 16 wedges). As you slice the potatoes, put the sliced wedges into a bowl of cold water to keep them from turning brown. Drain the potatoes from the water and pat dry with paper towels.

Put potato wedges in a bowl and toss with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine together salt and paprika then sprinkle them on the potatoes. Arrange potatoes in a heat-proof dish and bake in turbo broiler at 425F (220C) for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are crisp-brown and potatoes are tender. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with additional salt to taste, if desired. Good to serve with steak, chicken and pork.

We also cooked Bangus inihaw sa turbo broiler namin ok naman just put the sliced onions, ginger & tomatoes inside then nakabalot sya ng foil.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
Jackie Forster Gets Extreme Haircut for Daughter Who Has Leukemia
The actress shows her support for her baby girl.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!