Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 01 OCT 14
Avoid shaving problems like bumpy “chicken skin” by using shaving cream or gel every time you use the razor.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Shanghai  (Read 10051 times)

amihan07

• Cutie
  • GirlTalker
  • Love My Life!
Re: Shanghai
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »
Sisses, may terminal fee and/or travel tax ba na sinisingil sa Shanghai Pudong Airport? :)
"Follow your bliss, and the world will open doors for you where there were only walls." - Joseph Campbell

dr.smile

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:54 AM »
I am going to Shanghai end of this year too.. I will be with bf's tita's and tito's (2 sets :D).. i also want to see Beijing but I'm not sure if it's doable as we only have 6 days for the trip..

This is doable if you take the 5hrs bullet train.. We did beijing and shanghai for 7 days and the first day was wasted for sleeping. Although our Departure was Manila-Beijing and return Shanghai- Manila..

yellow_bell

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 12:00:38 PM »
mga sis, how about this?

our trip is on Oct. 31, midnight na ata kami darating Shanghai. Gusto ko sana Nov. 1 ng gabi we'll take the sleeper train to Beijing. So November 2 morning nasa Beijing na kami. Overnight kami dun tapos Nov. 3 ng gabi balik sa Shanghai. Sleeper train ulit. Yung flight namin pabalik Manila is Nov. 5 ng 1am. Doable kaya?

If so, pano kaya ako makakapurchase ng tickets ng train from/to Shanghai. or safe ba na saka na magpurchase pagdating dun?

the reason why Manila-Shanghai-Manila yung tix namin ng mom ko is we were supposed to visit a friend who's working there kaso bigla nag asawa and umuwi ng pinas. Had I known, sana nag Beijing na lang kami kasi mas gusto ko mag great wall. :(

thanks!
like me. hate me. love me. i don't care.

juliaroberts

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 09:29:50 AM »
Though it is doable, pero nkakapagod. Shanghai kc  is more for shopping, [textspeak!] masyadong to look around.
Sa beijing kc so many places to see. Bka kulang ang one day for beijing.

yellow_bell

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »
thanks sis.  almost 2 days din kami sa beijing if ever. I just wanna see the great wall and the forbidden palace. i'm still researching on getting train tickets. i'm also checking local flights. but for now, i'll have to make sure that i'll get a visa. nagtaas na daw kasi 100k na minimum for 6 months daw dapat laman ng account. i didn't know about these kaya biglang i'm not sure anymore if i'll be granted a visa. :(
like me. hate me. love me. i don't care.

dr.smile

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 09:01:47 PM »
Its not always easy to get a train ticket and napakahirap makipag communicate sa kanila sa train station. We were in china for 7 days. our plan was to do an overnite sleeper train on the 3rd night going to shanghai pero sold out yung seats so we had no choice but to take the bullet train on the 4th day at 4pm kc yun lang available na option. And you should go to the train station early. The ticket window for foreigners was already closed before 5pm. Buti nalang may isang foreigner na marunong magchinese who helped us get tickets sa ibang window. But we only had bullet train as an option.

For me beijing was more memorable.But shanghai was also worth seeing :)

Post modified. Please use the ^ or @ sign instead of quoting long posts. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:27:14 AM by mama squeak! »

zhanne8

• a Facebook Entrepreneur
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • a Mom, wife, entrepreneur and a GT (girltaker!) :)
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »
Hi girls! We're going to Shanghai this October. Any more tips aside from the places and things that were already mentioned here? Where is the cheapest hotel to stay po? From shanghai to Harbin, how many hours by train?

zhanne8

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
anyone willing to help pls?

london

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 08:33:27 AM »

zhanne8

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »
thank you. malapit pala if beijing-harbin. :)

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »
zhanne,going to harbin din kami. harbin to shanghai mga 20+ hours kasi its not bullet train. since 14 days kami sa china were going to jiuzhaigou too. sayang naman lasi if i spend 20+ hpurs sa train lang. so far itinerary will go like beijing- harbin-xian-juozhaigou- shanghai. were adding some more. visiting this winter so im so excited.
*dont buy anything you can get for free*

sublime_79

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »
Sisses, may terminal fee and/or travel tax ba na sinisingil sa Shanghai Pudong Airport? :)

none sis :)

zhanne8

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »
zhanne,going to harbin din kami. harbin to shanghai mga 20+ hours kasi its not bullet train. since 14 days kami sa china were going to jiuzhaigou too. sayang naman lasi if i spend 20+ hpurs sa train lang. so far itinerary will go like beijing- harbin-xian-juozhaigou- shanghai. were adding some more. visiting this winter so im so excited.

sis, pa share ng itinerary nyo and what to to and where to stay ha? Next year, will try that. :)

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »
wrong move nga kami. dapat point of entry namin is shanghai then exit beijing since it's nearer harbin. will share our itinerary when it's finalized already.
*dont buy anything you can get for free*

zhanne8

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 12:26:03 AM »
sis vain_kixie, pag mla-beijing-harbin ano magandang sidetrip before going back to manila?

lizziegirl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »
Hello girls :) Im going to shanghai on March next year with the family. We will stay 1 night lang because from there we're headed elsewhere for business. Can you recommend a reasonably priced hotel in Shanghai, near metro station sana para easy to get to and from the international airport and railway stations. Appreciate it very much :)

dr.smile

• GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 10:58:23 PM »
We stayed at East Asia Hotel. Its very near East Nanjing Station. Direct line to the airport. Right on the shopping/eating road Nanjing Road. Medyo magulo at madaming tao but its very close to the bund and the buildings are very nice..

You can also try Seventh Heaven hotel or hotels near this area. The City Sightseeing bus ( Hop on hop) stops accross..

andreil_19

• Love me or Leave me, proud to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • peek-a-boo!!
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »
do you need to apply visa kahit exit point lang ang shanghai? we can't stay long for cruising balak sana namin na sa shanghai na kami bababa will stay less than 24 hrs pa from the departure.
bawal ang negative vibes. ♥♥♥

d_zialcita

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 01:56:11 AM »
hi all,

for those looking for a hotel in shanghai, you might want to try jw marriott.
location is very good. near malls, we walked everywhere.
rooms are located at the really high floors, so the view is wonderful.
free tea and cookies in the lobby 24/7.
internet was also free if you sign up for their rewards card.
service was great!!

:)

abbiesh

• GirlTalker
  • ttc for ~2 yrs / Now expecting first baby Oct 2014
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »
Can anyone please share their ITI for Shanghai? :)
I try to blog mybitterpony.blogspot.com

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.