Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 22 NOV 14
If you want to establish a business but only have a small capital, go online! Social networking the best way to let your services get known
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Shanghai  (Read 10274 times)

Frenzied

• Superstar
  • Super GirlTalker
  • It's either you'll love me or hate me...
Shanghai
« on: January 30, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
I notice there is no thread dedicared just for Shanghai.

I am going to Shanghai in a few months and would love to learn more about it.  Places to visit and good restos:)

wickedbone

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Shanghai
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:01:27 PM »
I am going to Shanghai end of this year too.. I will be with bf's tita's and tito's (2 sets :D).. i also want to see Beijing but I'm not sure if it's doable as we only have 6 days for the trip..

Frenzied

• Superstar
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
I will might do a day tour at hangzhou also. I wanted to go to beijing but its a 15hr train ride pala from shanghai. Will just do a say tour at hangzhou.

snowberry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 10:13:28 PM »
I stayed there for almost 2 years ( returning every 2 weeks) . It's winter now ,so sobrang maginaw talaga as in you need to wear bubble jackets especially sa gabi .

pink_belter

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 03:46:18 AM »
Hi Snowberry, I'm going to shanghai next month. Can you please recommend a hotel? Sana yung nasa gitna lang ng city, [textspeak!] malapit sa lahat. We plan to book a tour din. Any tips, where to go, what to buy, good restos. Would appreciate your reply.  Thanks! =)

kishteL

• Junior GirlTalker
    • TEL WANDERS
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »
I second pink_belter's questions. Would anyone know if Riverview Hotel on the Bund is okay? Anong best area to stay in Shanghai? I've been there once way back so wala na akong maalala.

snowberry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »
^ Hi sisses ,pasensiya na po  latea ngh reply . Hindi ako nakakapag GT in the last few days 'coz medyo busy sa work.

Am not familiar with Riverview Hotel . You can try mo Holiday Inn sa The Bund or Langham Hotel sa Xintiandi. kung budget hotel, try Jin jiang inn In mengzi road. Go to agoda.com. to check depende sa budget.

I am not so familiar with hotels in Shanghai coz my company provided me with a condo. So every 2 weeks , doon ako tumutuloy. Malapit lang kasi sa office namin.

theryanne

• ...finding something to love everyday!
  • GirlTalker
  • Work. Shop. Dance. Love.
    • theryanne.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
Joining!  We're going to Shanghai for 8 days on June.  My friend also recommended the Jin Jiang chain.
But thinking of getting a serviced apartment too near the Bund.  ???
Sew. Alter. Look Good. Feel Good.
sewpretty.yolasite.com

dancewarrior

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »
I'm going to Shanghai too! Got cheap tickets, going there April - will it be cold? It's going to be my first time. What do you recommend we see? It's a 5 day trip with kids, but we have no plans yet for what to do or see. :P

omnomnom

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 10:23:10 AM »
^For the kids, Shanghai Ocean Aquarium and Shanghai Science and Technology Museum.  You can also bring them to the parks and The Bund, lots of spaces for them to run around in :) 

dancewarrior

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »
Thanks omnomnom! We'll probably take them to the Science museum, my kids like stuff like that :) They don't really like running around, they're kinda old already, heh (8yrs+). But yes, parks would be great too!

We'll be staying in a hotel in Nanjing West Road, what places are nearby that are interesting?

Thanks! :)

omnomnom

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 08:37:01 AM »
^Oops, malalaki na pala sila. Haha. I'm sure they would enjoy the Science Museum there. Very modern and interactive :)

The only attraction that I can remember right now near Nangjing West Road is Jing-an Temple, so you can visit it if you are interested in that sort of thing.  Across the road, there is Jing-an Park, and I remember may parang underground shopping center dun, non-branded boutique boutique na mala-theatre mall sa Greenhills.  Not sure lang if andun pa yun though.

If you are into branded items (LV, Fendi, Prada), then go visit Plaza 66 mall.  Then within that area, there are other malls and stores as well, all within walking distance.

Nanjing EAST road is more interesting for me.  It's a walking street flanked with malls, stores, restaurants, hotels, etc on both sides.  Madami nga lang tao, but that just adds to the overall lively feel of the place.  Would recommend visiting it at night, when all the colorful lights are lit up  - ganda :) 

Btw, I'm sharing all these from memory - lived in Shanghai a couple of years ago, then visited again last Dec 2010.  Better pa rin to do a bit of research before going there :)

Frenzied

• Superstar
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »
dancing warrior - dont forget the circus. :) double thumbs up. it's one of the highlights of my trip in shanghai.

APril - medyo malamig pa pero comfortable na siguro until in March na winter clothes dapat. pero i love it! :)

Try Yang's Dumplings. Everyone is raving about it. to be honest, it's nothing special for me but I tried it for the experience. Ok naman. :)

Any hotel in the bund area is a good location, but be prepared to pay the price for it. :) I love walking at the bund and pudong area and see the old and the new. :) I heart shanghai. By the way, we went to this rock garden, I forgot what it was called. May cherry blossoms din . :)

~yufa~

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 09:38:10 PM »
Does anyone get disapproved for a Chinese visa? I mean you know is it like the US Visa application or everyone gets approved (or at least 99% of the time)? I I want to go to Shanghai din eh. It seems cheaper kasi than going on a Vietnam-Cambodia Trip. Haha. Planning to go around October to November this year pa naman. Is it a good time?

arielle

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »
^autumn na yun . medyo malamig na

~yufa~

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 11:56:02 PM »
ah same din pala ang weather ng China with US. =) Thanks

sublime_79

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
just got back from shanghai. stayed at the supreme tower in pudong which i can recommend because the place is near the century avenue metro station. it also has a mall near it. the breakfast is superb :)

i went to qi pulu but it was just a last minute shopping for me. it was great but you have to be very alert because there are lots of guys there who want to lead you to certain stores and they were very pushy.

jersysgirl

• Fashaholic
  • GirlTalker
  • Fashion is as much who we are as what we do.
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 03:24:21 PM »
visit happy valley shanghai. it's an amusement park! Their rides are crazy scary but fun!!

poohbear

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 08:22:47 AM »
Safe ba to go to China these days? Since tourist destination ang Shanghai, di ba sila masydo strict sa airport? Sa Hangzhou airport kasi palagi kami nahaharang sa random checking ng immigration to think na twice a year kami pumupunta since 2007.

Misis_Maku

• GirlTalker
  • contented wife and nanay
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 03:41:13 PM »

Hi poohbear,
Once ko lang na-experience maharang...pero sa canton airport (guangzhou), pero wala naman masamang nangyari, random checking lang din...natetyempuhan lang kayo talaga, hehe... hindi naman every punta nyo e same ang naka-bantay... :p

Nagtravel ako recently sa Shanghai, and wala naman prob, though twice ko pa lang na-experience airport nila (for local at international travel). Hindi naman mahigpit.  ;) basta, follow the rules lang, wala naman magiging prob.

Post modified. Refrain from quoting posts directly above yours. Use the ^ or @ signs instead.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:02:45 PM by mama squeak! »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.