@stylishmommy - thanks sis! sobrang hirap talaga ng insanity talagang papaiyakin ka ni shaun t. pero amazing yung feeling kapag natapos mo siya at makita yung transformation.
diet tips na nagwork for me:
- read labels. differentiate calories and its macros - fats, carbs ( sugars, sugar alcohols, fiber), protein. generally go for higher protein, moderate carbs and low (or no) fat. avoid high sugar content, high saturated and trans fat.
- complex carbs vs refined carbs (also known as brown vs white) - complex carbs digest slower, hence lower chance of coverting and storing into fat. samples of complex carbs are whole grains, whole wheat bread, brown rice, cereals, oatmeal, brown sugar, kasha, quinoa. avoid refined carbs (or whites) like white rice, white sugar, sweets,
- eat 5-6 small meals a day, with max of 3-4 hours in between interval. each meal must contain protein first, then carbs.
- protein sources: fish, egg whites ( no yolks), lean chicken breast with skin removed, lean turkey, lean pork.
- breakfast and post workout meal must be the largest servings in a day. breakfast is the most important meal in a day and this can increase one's metabolism.
- avoid (if cant, reduce) all source of fats- oils, butter, margarine,etc. one can take good fats that include avocado, fish oil, flaxseed oil, pure olive oil.
- avoid dairy - cheese, yogurt, dairy milk.
- avoid softdrinks, fruit juice with high sugar content (read labels). diet sodas are ok.
- fruits are high in fructose, a type of sugar. eat in moderation, and eat all fruits before 1pm.
- after 1pm, main source of carbs must be vegetables. All starchy carbs (potatoes, corn, rice, bread) must be consumed before 1pm
- watch out salt or seasoning. this makes you retain more water = bloat in mid areas and lower body.
- eat smart: schedule cheat meals in a week, and the day after it must be followed with an intensive exercise. rule of thumb when dieting: size of portions must be size of your fist, max.
- use alternatives - like sweetener instead of white sugar. low or reduced fat mayo instead of regular mayo. non-dairy fat free creamer instead of full milk (in coffee or cereals)