Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 02 SEP 14
Record your baby's laughter. Play it whenever you're feeling the burn at work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Do you ask God for signs?  (Read 13117 times)

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
Do you ask God for signs?
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:15:55 AM »
I have plans for myself, going back to school, getting my own condo in one of the most expensive city in Canada, starting my own family.

Lately, I am torned.

You see, I told some of my friends my plans in the hope of getting their side so I could see things more clearly.  All I got from them was negative reactions.  Kesyo, bakit daw ako kukuha ng sarili kong condo (CAD$300k++) eh ilang years pa lang ako.  Mas mabuti daw munang magrent ako.  I ran the figures before I told them my plans and it's more of an advantage to get a place of my own na--force savings yun eh.  Rather than continue renting(thank God my boss is paying for my accomodation right now) which I believe isn't such a good idea kasi money down the drain lang.

They do not know anything about my financial status :D they do not know I can pay 30% as a downpayment.

So I asked HIM for signs--and it came :)  I received  flyers from the school I am planning to go to and the condo.  We rarely received those kind--so how come?!

Is it purely coincidental or this is God's way of communicating to me?

Imagine how ecstatic I felt when I see those flyers--I was grinning from ear to ear LOLS

Thank you G!

yinandyang

• bonggang bonggang echusera
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Do you ask God for signs?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
it hasn't happened to me pa e. like a status of my friend once... "is the absence of a sign... a sign?"

when i have tough choices, i lock myself in the room and pray that He guides me.
"Kung maghihintay ka nang ng lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo.. Dapat lumandi ka din."

- Bob Ong

CityHunter

• Non Timebo Mala
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Angel Oracle, Feng Shui and Reiki Master
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:58:54 AM »
Yup.  I do ask for signs too especially when I wasn't able to prepare properly for meditation.  Although the clearer answers are always during meditation.
Quality Higher Than Price!

Ladee_16

• your cup of coffee in the morning and cup of tea in the evening.
  • GirlTalker
  • raw-fragile-objective
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:07:36 PM »
i ask God for signs pero nothing specific. parang i ask Him lang na if I'm in the right path, sana the people, the situations, and my feelings sa panahon na yun are in coherence that i will feel inner peace...so far, binigay namin ni Lord. and i really thank Him for that. :)
Everytime I see your face
My heart takes off on a high speed chase
Now don't be scared, it's only love
Baby, that we're falling in ♥

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 07:00:49 AM »
ako ganito ako nag ask ng sign sa kanya:

'Lord, nalilito na ako eh. Alin ba talaga ang pipiliin ko? Pinag aralan ko naman ng mabuti pero bakit di sila sumasang ayon? ikaw na lang--give a sign, pls pls pls"

kinabukasan, abah, merong dumating sa akin--sabay pa!  what made me wonder is that-- my name and address sa envelope.  and i didn't even sign up for anything lalo na sa school and real estate hihih or kahit anuman. well maliban sa banko.

feisty_angel4

• be what you want to be!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 10:32:37 PM »
I used to ask for signs, but now, I believe nalang in .........."THY WILL BE DONE". ^^
You'll never know what hit you, not until you're face down with regrets...

RoyalWeddingFavors

• GirlTalker
    • Unique Wedding Favors
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 11:52:38 PM »
yes... pero naiisip ko minsan, your eyes will see what it want to see. so now, i just choose what i think is best na lang based on the present circumstances. i believe na lang na if it is meant for me, the universe will conspire to get me there sooner or later. :)

hawiyah

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 11:09:42 PM »
yes,i ask for it nangyari yun nung time na napakalaki ng problema ko.then sabi ko kay God na nawawalan na ako ng hope na maayos yung problem ko so sana bigyan nya ako ng sign kung maayos pa ba yung poblema ko.ang hiningi kong sign sa kanya ay yellow flower kahit plastick or fresh basta yellow kahit isang piraso lang,then after asking for that sign i was totally crying kasi nung napatingin ako sa bintana ng building kung saan ako nandun,nakita ko yung yellow flower na sign nya napakaraming flowers nakabitin sa veranda ng building.and its proven naayos yung poblema ko after a month and i thank God a lot for everything!

leannegirl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
I used to ask for signs, but now, I believe nalang in .........."THY WILL BE DONE". ^^

I JUST CAN NOT AGREE MORE! :D

i'm a self-proclaimed perfectionist--something i really dislike about myself

of course as a human, i have constant needs and wants, and I'm the type who gets irritated when I don't get what I really like. to be clear, i am ambitious. if i like something, i do everything to achieve it. and once i put my 100% efforts there, of course i tend to expect something in return. and if my works are not reciprocated, i get depressed, terribly.

i know i can overcome this. but not without God.

ang dami kong gustong mangyari. academic achievements tend to be addictive, really.
so i pray. but I don't bargain with God anymore. tama na, nakakapagod. if i am really to obey God, I have to surrender.
syempre di pa rin nawawala 'yung mga wishes ko in my prayers. and i make efforts for those wishes to come true. however if all efforts don't seem to yield anything but frustrations, then we must learn to let go. this is what i am working on. mahirap talaga to accept things as they are, and to trust the unseen. but this is what God is, after all. God is not a fairygod mother. He knows what's best for us. so I entrust everything to Him. =)

"Thy will be done.."
i'm a full-time student!!
i am the busy kind
i love feeding my brain
i love reading!!!:)
I LOVE DANCING!!
i love singing!
oh, and i love public-speaking too!;)

giclee

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
I always ask Him for signs. Recently He gives me answers through Yahoo! Horoscopes and simple Tweeter Quotes. Sobrang sakto lang minsan sa mga pinagdadaanan ko.  :)

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »
ganun nga sis, sumasakto! :) 

i do pray. pero iba pala yung 'kausapin' mo talaga Sya. He gives you the answer straight.

er, sa akin lang yan ha.   

be.curious

• Probationary
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:01:58 PM »
I agree with showermist. Just PRAY. PRAYERS are very powerful. Just be focus and sincere. Kahit walang sign, it will happen.. And the rest is up to YOU.

chloetenshi

• Lost and found by Jesus :)
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 10:47:21 AM »
       I used to ask God forphysical signs pero lately im practicing to walk spiritually with Him :D
      sis showermist God is happy pag nagpaplano tayo and happier Sya if we seek His advice. I agree with you na sayang talaga sa pera ang pag rent. Kaya go go go ka na jan! God will provide for you and He will be with you along the way. Pray na sana maka discount ka, maganda makuha mong place. Wag ka matakot humingi. God owns this world and everything on it. :) sa kanya lahat ito and He delights in delighting us :)
Back reader
Puwedeng mag like na lang ng mga posts? :)
Jer. 29:11
Psalm 23

shenka

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »
Yes I believe in signs. God's chosen people in the Bible (like Gideon) also asked for signs when they were confused. =)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:03:52 PM by shenka »

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »
       I used to ask God forphysical signs pero lately im practicing to walk spiritually with Him :D
      sis showermist God is happy pag nagpaplano tayo and happier Sya if we seek His advice. I agree with you na sayang talaga sa pera ang pag rent. Kaya go go go ka na jan! God will provide for you and He will be with you along the way. Pray na sana maka discount ka, maganda makuha mong place. Wag ka matakot humingi. God owns this world and everything on it. :) sa kanya lahat ito and He delights in delighting us :)

Awww!  I am touch. Thanks.  Yes, God will provide talaga. :)

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 11:39:50 AM »
Yes I believe in signs. God's chosen people in the Bible (like Gideon) also asked for signs when he was confused. =)

You got it!  I asked for signs na when I my mind is too clouded.  And He never fails me. 

chloetenshi

• Lost and found by Jesus :)
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »
      Youre welcome sis! Nga pala sa humihingi ng sign kay God advice lang po na paki confirm sa Bible and through prayer kung Sya nga ang nagbigay ng sign. And kung Sya nga go for it na! Pero never forget to seek His guidance everyday kasi minsan may iba pa pala Syang plans for us aside dun sa una. kasi ako dati nung nakuha ko yung signs Nya, tumakbo agad ako walang lingon lingon hahaha. Di na rin ako humingi ng advice from God. Ayun nagkamali mali tuloy ako along the way hehe. Buti na lang God is patient kaya okey na naman ako ngayon :)
Back reader
Puwedeng mag like na lang ng mga posts? :)
Jer. 29:11
Psalm 23

kalaiyaan

• Supah blessed in many ways
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Im very much loved :)
    • Itzme!whydoUcare?
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
Yes
I do ask for a specific and detailed sign.

Isaiah 7:11

"Ask the LORD your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights."
The greatest tragedy is not DEATH, but a LIFE without purpose.

be.curious

• Probationary
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »
Grabe! Ang sarap ng support group dito! :) Glad i found this site! You are all good and positive! Cheers!

macblush

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 03:06:57 AM »
thanks for this thread. yes i ask God for a sign thats the only thing i can do para maging guide ko i really need tp talk to GOd heart to heart i need enlightenment deep prayers i hope na sana magbigay sya ng sign soon sa mga prayers ko.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.