Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 23 AUG 14
Skip the chips! Instead, dip carrots or celery sticks in low-fat dressing for your afternoon snack.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: house plan  (Read 23952 times)

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
house plan
« on: January 08, 2011, 01:34:15 PM »
hi mga sis,

help naman, magkano ba ang complete set ng house plan? (complete blueprints with sign and seals, specs, estimate cost, electrical & plumbing plans, architectural and structural designs)  gusto kong bumili. kahit yung pwdeng ipasa na sa munisipyo for permit. magkano ba usually ang price range?

yung ready made plan, how much?
what if he'll start from scrtach? how much din?

just the house plan. hindi kasama ang contractor kasi may kaibigan ako who will mann the construction.

replies will be appreciated. thanks.

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: house plan
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »
Our agreed contract with our architect is 100K, lahat lahat na yun except lakad sa munisipyo. He started from scratch but di pa nya natatapos kasi marami pa kaming revisions.

:)

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 05:33:03 AM »
^thanks sis.  meron akong napagtanungan naman--ready made-reday to pass na rin sa munisipyo--60k. hay kung sana mas may mura. hehe i have an architect friend who will do it for 25k kaya lang wala syang oras now, sobrang busy. e i need it asap :(

super_she

• GirlTalker
  • I am SUPER SHE!!!
    • Your own business for as low as P250
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 07:03:16 AM »
Hi mga sis!  I'm a licensed architect and the prescribed rate for complete residential plans is 10 percent of the contruction cost.  Nakaka-sad coz some go as low as 5 percent.  Some even do away with architects and just rely on the free or minimal fee of the designers at the city hall coz they package the drawings with the building permit.  This practice is unethical and even illegal.

If you want assurance that your house will be designed and built according to standards, you should consider full architectural services.  It's not just the drawings kasi that you're paying for.  You'll be paying for the safety of the people who will be living and making that house a home.

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »
^Ganun pala yun?  The 10% is just for the plans lang or kasama na supervision during construction? What if plans lang talaga papagawa, is it still 10% of the construction cost? Parang sobrang mahal yata nun.

What we plan to do is have the complete drawings done by our present architect but we will have a licensed engineer supervise the construction itself.

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:14:12 PM »
sis super_she, ganun din ba ang rate kahit sa probinsya?  i need the complete design.  tsaka hindi biglaan yung construction. kung ano lang yung pera at the month--yun lang.  ayaw umutang sa bank eh. i think this will be a year project.  sobrang simple lang tlg.  kung pwede nga lang sanang magpatayo ng bahay na walang permit eh  wouldn't bother with the house plan na...
kay lang required. lols

ngek kung 1M construction cost--100k din ang houseplan? ay, ang mahal.

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »
^Parang namahalan nga ako bigla sa sinabi ni super_she. Eh estimate pa naman namin sa papagawa namin na house is 7M to 9M. Naku katumbas nun 700K to 900K kaagad just for the plans?? Parang mahal yata.   :o

Usapan kasi namin ng architect, sya lang gagawa ng house plans kasi we're deciding pa who to get to construct the house. Di pa namin napapag-usapan how much commission nya kung sya yung kukunin namin na mag construct sa house.

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
ganun na nga sis eh  :(

parang gusto ko maloka hehe

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »
sis showermist, I would think mas mura pag sa province. When my parents had their house built in Bohol they didn't use an architect. But they had their house built by a licensed engineer na nasa construction business. Simple lang naman kasi yung house nila. I think they spent less than 1M na dahan dahan din yung gawa. But this was the price 10 years ago ha.

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
simple lang din naman yung gusto namin sis. kaya lang i still need a complete house plan.  it's a requirement.  (nakakabwiset  ???  lols)  di daw pwedeng isyuhan ng permit kung walang complete plan.  at sana hindi umabot ng 1M hehe  +crossing fingers+  :o

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »
update lang.

i got someone who will do a complete house plan na for only 18k hehhe.  problem solved.

construction naman next.

super_she

• GirlTalker
  • I am SUPER SHE!!!
    • Your own business for as low as P250
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
It's not JUST FOR THE PLANS.  It's for the full service, and for a residential project, for an average duration of 6months.  And hindi lang naman lahat nun is for the architect.  Included na sa 10 percent yung professional fees ng mga consultants ng architect (structural engineer, sanilary/plumbing, electrical).  Actually, mga 3 percent na lang din yung natitira sa mga architects pero sila yung pinakamalaki ang involvement sa project, dahil they will oversee thru if tama ba yung practices nung contractor at kung sumusunod sa standards or specification yung materials.  It's like the client will be owning him/her for the next mos.  On call 24/7.

Hindi din naman din lump sum yung singil.  Naka-schedule yung payments depende sa percentage ng completion nung project.

So really...it's not JUST for the plans. 

Hay...nakaka-sad dahil pinapatay ng mga engineers ang profession namin.  Sana lang trust-worthy yung mga pipirma sa mga plans at mahahabol sila just in case something goes wrong.

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »
^That was my original question nga. For us laypersons, when you say plans, drawing ng house lang ang intindi namin talaga. So, I was surprised when you said 10% of construction cost for the plans. But if it's to oversee the whole construction, that would be a fair fee. 

Just a latest update, we've decided to have our architect to just draw the plans for our house. Complete plans for submission sa city hall for the permit. But we will have an engineer/contractor construct the house. We have seen his work and we're happy with the houses and buildings he's done. Pulido ang gawa and a stickler for details.

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 04:02:47 PM »
thanks super_she for clarifying.  talaga lang kasing naloka ako dun sa 10%. heheh

update lang din, the one i commissioned to make the complete plan for me offerred to do the construction na rin.

pinag iisipan ko pa.  lols.

kolinetongue

• BORN AGAINST
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Fake!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 12:08:56 PM »
wow! house plan pa lang gastos na ;D

pahiram na lang ako ng house plan nyo, gayahin ko na lang, anyway, dito naman ako province  ;D

kidding aside, nagpagawa na din ako ng house plan, mura lang, friend ko kase ang nagdesign.

pero ang masama, hindi gusto ni hubby yung design, kaya back to zero zero zero :(
"I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel". – Peter Nivio Zarlenga

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »
naku yun nga ang mahirap.

ako naman kasi, i know the basics of drafting.  so i made the rough design/plan.  (it's modern house/architecture for houses/zen type to some)

tapos commissioned an architect to do  the real house plan for me  ;D

at least sure ako na aprubado ng tatay ko yung plano hihih
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:11:37 AM by showermist »

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
^^sis, mas mabuti na sa house plans pa lang ma i-correct or magbago kaysa naman gawa na nagtastas ka pa. Just like what happened to my sis-in-law's house. Naliitan sya sa living room area nung naitayo na yung mga walls, kaya ayun pinagiba yung isang wall connecting to the garage at pinalitan ng sliding door. Sayang din yung ginastos.   :P

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »
^^That's true ha, malaking bagay kung ma-i-visualize mo sa architect yung gusto mo sa house. Hubby and I have this computer program na we can draft and visualize our house plans. Tapos papakita namin sa architect na ito yung gusto namin mangyari. Then bahala na sya to do his architect stuff   ;D

showermist

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »
^sis, gusto ko yan kaya lang di ako techie hahahha

anyways, please naman share the list of what am i going to received from the architect/engr na gumagawa ng plano ng house ko. like yung architectural plan, etc, plumbing plan o kung anuman ang tawag dun

diko talaga alam. baby project ko kasi eto for my tatay.  eh yung pag aari  ko naman sa metro manila, binigay na lang lahat ehhe so wala ng problema sa mga blueprints etc

would appreciate it very much if you can share. thanks :)

honeyb

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 02:23:12 AM »
It's not JUST FOR THE PLANS.  It's for the full service, and for a residential project, for an average duration of 6months.  And hindi lang naman lahat nun is for the architect.  Included na sa 10 percent yung professional fees ng mga consultants ng architect (structural engineer, sanilary/plumbing, electrical).  Actually, mga 3 percent na lang din yung natitira sa mga architects pero sila yung pinakamalaki ang involvement sa project, dahil they will oversee thru if tama ba yung practices nung contractor at kung sumusunod sa standards or specification yung materials.  It's like the client will be owning him/her for the next mos.  On call 24/7.

Hindi din naman din lump sum yung singil.  Naka-schedule yung payments depende sa percentage ng completion nung project.

So really...it's not JUST for the plans. 

Hay...nakaka-sad dahil pinapatay ng mga engineers ang profession namin.  Sana lang trust-worthy yung mga pipirma sa mga plans at mahahabol sila just in case something goes wrong.

I totally agree with super_she. im a licensed architect too. sometimes it's really sad na some people are entrusting their lifetime investment sa mga taong hindi capable. floor plans are NOT just drawings. some people may think na mahal ang bayad sa architects pero what you do not know is hindi naman lahat ng bayad napupunta sa architects, may consultants pa. and ang assurance na tama ang design depends really sa capability ng magdedesign. you have to get a LICENSED architect pag design ang pinag uusapan. imagine kung mali ang design tapos naconstruct na siya..ano gagawin ng owner? ipapabago? that will cost you more rather than getting a professional and may assurance ka tama ang ginagawa niyo sa simula pa lang. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.