Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 29 NOV 14
Want to give your home a makeover? Save money (and the earth) by refinishing or repainting old furniture!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Signs You Should Quit Your Job  (Read 17839 times)

green-aholic

• Some day you will live as happy as you show on your Facebook wall.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • my personality is ME & my attitude depends on YOU
Re: Signs You Should Quit Your Job
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
- you always check out jobsites to scout for jobs during lunchbreaks
- you start going to work late
- you always see the negative things about the company
- you feel like resigning will set you free and will make you happy
- you start avoiding your boss
- you ignore new company policies and bulletins
- you feel like you're just dragging your feet to work and cannot wait for "uwian" to come
- you're just simply "tinatamad" and lost your drive.

i felt all the above statements. i am only new in the company, more than a month working in the main office of a big company in the country. nung una, gustong gusto ko ginagawa ko and everyone in the office, even my monster boss. but when i learned about my immediate boss not doing his job at kami pala ang gumagawa ng trabaho nya and even yung pag in and pag out nya eh pinapagawa nya eh nawalan nako ng gana. according sa isang officemate ko, gawin ko lang daw ang gusto ng immediate sup namen, walang magiging problema sa recommendation, but then again para saken, walang kwenta yung recommendation na yon kung alam kong me male. oo, kelangan ko ng pera pero i don't think i can bear it. ewan ko ba. gusto ko na magresign!
"Hold what you have as you let go of what you've lost..."

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 01:06:10 AM »
Yung 1st job ko, 1 hour pa lang ako sa office,alam kong gusto ko na magresign. Then sabi ng parents ko, try ko daw kahir 1 month, baka magustuhan ko. 2nd day, im thinking kung paano ko sasabihin sa boss ko (vp sya nung company)' na gusto ko ng mag quit. First day ko pa lang kasi feeling ko, wala kaming something in common nung mga kasama ko. Syempre,ako youngest at that time, kasi fresh grad ako. Pag dating ng Friday (5th day), feeling ko maloloka na ako pag magtatagal pa ako. Pag dating ng boss ko, pasok ako sa office nya at Sinabi ko na im sorry, this job is not for me,im quitting na po. Yeheye,then umuwi na ako.
Months after, got na a call, dun sa talagang job na gusto ko, and up to now, still working on the same company! : )

iCleverClogs

• Plain and Simple
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Savvy Chic
    • Kloffy | Blogging, SEO and Social Media Unified
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »
i really wanted to quit my job.. i'm not happy anymore. at first i'm so excited to work with it but now i'm tired already. nakakabagot na and yung learning ko static. di pa akma sa course ko.
Signature edited.

iyaika

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 12:18:24 PM »
when you're not efficient anymore
when you feel abused
when you see that you're not getting what you deserve

then it's time. i'm resigning from my present job in a (few) weeks' time. :)
Keep optimism at hand. You lose twice by thinking negatively.

green-aholic

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 10:08:35 PM »
i should have 3 jobs na. here's what happened:  :-\

on my 1st job, after a week, not even a week i think of working, i decided resigning from my job, all because of a coworker who doesn't seem to be so accomodating and nice to me. that was in 2007, 3 months after i graduated.

2nd was in 2008, after less than a month of working, i quitted again and did AWOL. i know it was not a good idea at all but i did it. grr. i hate myself for doing that and i regretted it coz i find it hard to look and land a job.

fortunately, we have our business. thankful that i was saved from the fact that i don't have a job.

now, i'm currently working and now confused again of pursuing this job. i am not happy. i like my job but not what i do. i hate everything with what i do. i do not hate my monster boss but my immediate sup who's taking his position an advantage to do everything he wants even if its wrong. i hate my job. i hate the time schedule. i want an 8 hr job. i don't know what to do. honestly right now, i am looking for another job. i'm afraid of not getting a job and get stucked up again at home. i just want another job, thats all. another thing that i want is a balanced lie with work and home/ what i don't get with my job right now is amily time. we don't even know whats on the news because we always go home late and get up to work early. i don't want to stay at home nor quit working. i just want, i think another environment. pls help me decide. and is this normal, i mean, those that i did? pls help..

quennna

• Super GirlTalker
    • Buying or Selling or Leasing Properties??
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »
its my last week sa opis.. yeheeey..
after 16yrs..
now, im so excited to get out of my comfort zone.. :)

simply_janee

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 03:50:39 PM »
upon reading this thread, siguro nga i should start searching for other jobs na..there are times na i know hindi na ako nagiging productive and sometimes i hate the routines na of my job..
Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever. - Keri Russel

cherub.rock

• Junior GirlTalker
  • nobody's baby!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 07:05:56 AM »
BURNOUT.
i am quitting very very soon kahit wala pa akong ibang job na naghihintay. i'm actually okay with what i am doing kaya lang parang mamatay na yata ako sa sched.

green-aholic

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 10:35:52 PM »
^can totally relate! grabe oras namen. pag uwi ng bahay tulog na lang gagawin. can't even talk sa mga tao sa bahay because when i arrive they're already sleeping and in the morning, i wake up just about in time kase i still lack sleep, so no talk pa rin. can hardly text them too when at work dahil laging busy. we don't have a social life, family life, etc. by sunday, i sleep til 11 am because that's the only rest day that we have. even saturdays and holidays we are required to go to work the whole day. grabe. kapagod! what a schedule!

kikay iska

• crazy/beautiful southpaw
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »
- you envy other employees who resign in your company and you want to follow their footsteps
- you always check out jobsites to scout for jobs during lunchbreaks
- you start going to work late and leave early
- you always see the negative things about the company
- you stop joining company activities and parties
- you feel tired and burned out after work
- you don't care about your appraisal anymore  (since they don't recognize your efforts anyway)
- you start avoiding your boss
- you ignore new company policies and bulletins
- you feel like you're just dragging your feet to work and cannot wait for "uwian" to come
- you're just simply "tinatamad" and lost your drive.

-- guys, if you start to feel this way, is it the right time to resign?

sis, those are all the signs! nag-resign ka na ba? :) 

i agree sa halos lahat nyan except for this: [you start going to work late and leave early] - because i still worked late/overtime, i didnt want to compromise my outputs/deliverables so i still finished them pa nga kahit wala nang gana. :) 

i resigned last year despite not having a new job to transfer to. until now, over 6 months after resignation, am still jobless. it's getting a bit difficult financially now but i never felt any regret about resigning from that job.  i liked what i was doing, the staff were good friends, the company is also good, i was being paid well too, i guess. but i resigned for just one reason that gave me all those feelings you enumerated above.  and i'm happy about it.   
"...to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - Henry David Thoreau

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Tumblr Me and I'll Tumblr You
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »
i haven't resigned. but i still feel those signs. i can't afford to lose a job now so i'm stuck. still wishing i'll find a better place. in God's time.
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

babaengmahiwaga

• Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, God's child and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »
- you feel tired and burned out after work

-- guys, if you start to feel this way, is it the right time to resign?

Eto pa lang sis, reasons enough na, specially if you are already tired at the beginning of the day and you had to drag yourself to work.

Life is short, we shoud really do something that makes us happy. :)
God loves me... and YOU!

No ifs, no buts! (-.-)

"If the grass is looking greener on the other side of the fence, maybe it's time to water your own lawn."

Living the dream, baby!

whitelady17

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 12:13:13 PM »
hayz, iyan rin ang feeling ko all of the above, kaso saving up kami for next year, gusto ko ng ibang work, gusto ko na mag abroad waaaa

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
one of my problems too is yung work-life balance. di naman ma-OT dito sa work ko yun lang ang hirap hirap umabsent for VL parang wala ka ng right magkasakit or magbakasyon.. wala na ko social life.. sometimes kasi need mo yun diba, pagod na pagod ka sa trabaho tapos di ka pa payagan makapagenjoy ng buhay mo, makapag-unwind man lang kahit minsan.
:(
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

icegayle

• Fabulous and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ..G O D D E S S..
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
Im feeling all this. Tired of working here and wanted to try other country. Risk ko lang yun wala ako mahanap agad hindi pa naman ako sanay mabakante.
We can only move on  if we accept things we don't want to happen, learn things we don't want to know and let go of memories we cannot live without.. :D

beatrize zuri

• im getting better
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 11:33:48 PM »
simple lang ako before eto ang mga naramdaman ko:

1. kapapasok ko pa lang pero uwing uwi na ko.

2. wala na kong pakialam sa work ko ang iniisip ko lang pagod na ko

3. at ang huli, hindi na ko masaya sa ginagawa ko.  :(

ang ending nag resign talaga ko, immediate resignation
That's the thing about pain, It demands to be felt.

peanutbutterlove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »
I submitted mine too and now I'm happier :) i got too exhausted with what is happening.. Not just the workload but also the environment. I literally drag myself to work everyday and doesn't feel fulfilled with what I do na :(

Just gonna finish turnovers until end of this month and I'm moving on... :)
Whether life is worth living depends on whether there is love in life. Find true love. Live life.

thegimp

• GirlTalker
  • yeah, why not? it's just for fun eh?! - Mr.Wright
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 11:51:32 PM »
me? still hanging on to it..in the brink of losing grasp :-X

whitelady17

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »
im super torn,  si bf ayos lang naman pero he suggests that dapat may kalalit na work before I leave. But for me kasi mas maige makapag re-charge muna, mag resign then hanap ng work para iyong mga stress mo eh mawala muna completely, at makapag re-charge para super fresh ang start.

Kaya until now, hindi pa ako makapag pass ng resignation kasi super torn ako sa dalawang iyan. :(

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 11:51:40 AM »
ako nga rin sis pinagiisipan ko rin yan.. actually ok naman yung mga workmates ko eh.. ang problema ko lang yun sistema, mga bosses at yung wala kang time para sa sarili mo.. feeling ko ang dami ko ng ginive up sa buhay ko para sa company na toh.. stressful at pressure na nga yung work wala ka pang time man lang makapagbakasyon kahit 2 days lang. makapag-unwind man lang diba? lahat ng empleyado minsan kailangan din yun.. we don't live to work, we work to live..

masyadong stressul maghanap ng work for me while working.. kasi di ako makaabsent agad.. syempre gusto ko naman relax ako habang iniinterview.. di yung iniisip ko yung work na iiwanan ko.. ipon muna ako.. antay ko muna yung bonus ko then yun hanap na ko ng timing para magresign.. gusto ko na nga this December eh.. di ko lam if by January na lang or this December..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:56:20 AM by fall2pieces »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.