Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 30 OCT 14
Are you an emotional eater? Help yourself out by removing tempting foods--like your favorite snacks--from your fridge or pantry.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Signs You Should Quit Your Job  (Read 17664 times)

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Tumblr Me and I'll Tumblr You
Signs You Should Quit Your Job
« on: December 20, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
- you envy other employees who resign in your company and you want to follow their footsteps
- you always check out jobsites to scout for jobs during lunchbreaks
- you start going to work late and leave early
- you always see the negative things about the company
- you stop joining company activities and parties
- you feel tired and burned out after work
- you feel like resigning will set you free and will make you happy
- you don't care about your appraisal anymore  (since they don't recognize your efforts anyway)
- you start avoiding your boss
- you ignore new company policies and bulletins
- you feel like you're just dragging your feet to work and cannot wait for "uwian" to come
- you're just simply "tinatamad" and lost your drive.

-- guys, if you start to feel this way, is it the right time to resign?
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

hazelbrown_eyes27

• Miss NO pushover!
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Signs You Should Quit Your Job
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:42:03 PM »
^  Everything is CORRECT!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:07:29 PM by hazelbrown_eyes27 »
Dont even bother explaining! I cant believe you.

jaqaine

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:51:21 PM »
yeah.. i guess that is right!

zhajhei_08

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:02:48 AM »
I felt those signs ah...  :o
makapgresign na nga. LOL
Tough outside but simply soft inside...
Im a good sample of a sassy girl!

spacemonkey

• GirlTalker
    • you're a nosy sonovabitch, arentcha?
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:32 PM »
hah! i resigned after a month because of all that.

i'm in an industry that i LOVE, but my old job just made me feel unmotivated and had me dreading projects.

if you feel you're compromising a lot of yourself, if you feel unhappy... quit.

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »
waaaah, nafeel ko to nung una. lahat! pero ang ginawa ko nagleave ako ng ilang months. naramdaman ko yung feeling ng walang pera. tapos pagbalik ko, nagkaroon na ulit ako ng drive magwork. hehe
An act of dishonesty is a lie to one's own soul. Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.

quennna

• Super GirlTalker
    • Buying or Selling or Leasing Properties??
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
yes.. those are the signs..
i already filed my resignation/retirement and it will end next month..
yeheeeey.. its true na you dont care anymore about compensations, paper works...

good thing for me, i already started detaching myself.. sa things dito sa office, officemates.. etc.. and now im so happy.. infact, after submitting my letter. i always come on time.. which i never did before.. :p and go home early..

*end of slavery..* bye bye corporate world..

dimps_dc

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 06:44:56 PM »
I agree with it. Sa una, parang okay pa eh kaso there are also unseen signs na showed me na I should resign na rin. Tapos the signs above were just confirmations. Though, wala pa ako nahahanap na next job pero I felt na I have to leave bago pa ako tuluyan tamarin pumasok.
I now look at LIFE on a different perspective...

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »
my friends and I were feeling the same way. everyday, same hinanakit sa company at sama ng feelings toward the company ang napapag-usapan. late na ako lagi pumapasok. di na ako concern sa mga bagay-bagay especially sa performance ko. hala! mas madalas pa ako sa GT kesa sa magtrabaho! lol

i have been working with this company for 7 years, my longest actually. kaya lang parang ang hirap. super untimely ang pagreresign ko. i'm saving up kasi i'm getting married in july.  kaya lang, wala na yung sense of everything na noon eh meron ako. hay..nakakalungkot :(
my husband and son are my life <3

numonorean

• little miss
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • beautiful mess
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 09:26:36 AM »
I think those are signs of burnout.  Eventually, it can drive anyone to resign.  Wala ng sense of fulfillment eh.  Personally, I only leave a company for one of two reasons: I'm not happy with what I'm doing anymore, or I don't believe in the same things anymore.

A friend of mine told me naman that the only reason you should leave a company is because you are offered a better opportunity elsewhere.  It doesn't have to be monetary.  Pwedeng mas fulfilling, o kaya e katuparan ng mga pangarap mo, like starting a family.  Kasi daw, hindi pwedeng when you feel the same things again, ganun ulit.  It only becomes a vicious cycle.
"I wanted to be the poet and the poem, and now am neither." - Ellen Ash

365 Project | Alice in Neverland

quennna

• Super GirlTalker
    • Buying or Selling or Leasing Properties??
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »
so.. better look for greener pasture now..

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
i'm feeling all those signs. lol. but i'm finding it hard to let go because of money. and it's even harder if the only thing left that motivates you is money.
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 08:05:44 PM »
sis fall2pieces..pwede ba i-like yung sinabi mo? hahaha..ganyan din ako. pumapasok because of money and friends..nothing more, nothing less.
my husband and son are my life <3

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 11:15:55 PM »
^and that's what feels awful.  it's so wrong.

ana mimi

• RN na MOMMY pa
  • Super GirlTalker
  • yOun6 mOm oF dRAkE & sUmmER
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »
1 week palang ako sa new job ko pero ramdam ko na yang lahat ng signs.. gusto ko na mag-resign.. i want a job na flexible ang schedule.. ayoko ma-trap sa 9hr/day shift.. wala na akong daylife, pati nightlife wala na din..
"LiFe is shOrT" even if "pAtiEncE iS a virTuE", "timE is stiLL gOlD"

iCleverClogs

• Plain and Simple
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Savvy Chic
    • Kloffy | Blogging, SEO and Social Media Unified
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 11:26:44 AM »

- you start going to work late and leave early
- you feel tired and burned out after work
- you feel like resigning will set you free and will make you happy
- you don't care about your appraisal anymore  (since they don't recognize your efforts anyway)
- you start avoiding your boss
- you feel like you're just dragging your feet to work and cannot wait for "uwian" to come
- you're just simply "tinatamad" and lost your drive.

Im working online (home-based job) and I'm already 2 months working with my boss. My boss is not strict but too loose. Dapat nga happy ako kasi relax lang ako, pero sa sobrang relax, tinatamad ako and I always compete the time just to finish the 8-hour time a day and kadalasan undertime ako.

I want to quit job but since I'll end up a bystander and dependent on my parents, I have to crawl working everyday just to gain own money. But I'm not happy anymore and I want to break free. I'm waiting for my sister to sponsor me in Dubai. But I'm worried about my boss reaction and also my brother-in-law because we have the same employer.

What should I do?  :-\ I really want to become free. I need excitement on my environment not just staying at home. Guys help me to decide.
Signature edited.

ana mimi

• RN na MOMMY pa
  • Super GirlTalker
  • yOun6 mOm oF dRAkE & sUmmER
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 04:09:13 PM »
online din ang work ko and it's so boring.,. gusto ko nga kumuha ng dalawang part time job nalang para di masyado stressed sa isang work at di ako masyado nababagot..
"LiFe is shOrT" even if "pAtiEncE iS a virTuE", "timE is stiLL gOlD"

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 01:44:34 AM »
Lol applicable sa akin nearly everything except scouting for jobs. I want to resign. I've stayed in this job for far too long. Kaso suicide eh kasi nga wala pang kapalit. But ayoko na talaga. I feel like a second class citizen here. :P

Stellar27

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 01:52:45 AM »
pinag iinitan na ako ng boss ko and barkada niya kasi they know how much i hate their "barkadahan system" sa office. and alam ko mga kaplastikan nila.

kaya lahat na ng pwede ibutas sa akin nilalantad na para ma terminate ako.

yung mga friends ko sa office are telling me na lumaban. kaya ko sila labanan.

kaso sayang effort, kaya magreresign na lang ako.

sayang nga lang tenure ko and I will surely miss my friends.

pero ayoko na im dragging myself na pumasok kaya hindi na tama, dapat na talaga mag resign asap.
All the waters in the ocean could never sink a ship unless it gets inside.. Likewise, all the pressures of life can never hurt you, unless you let them in.

***Paka - Totoo ka Sister. Huwag Magpanggap. ;)

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 01:57:02 AM »
^ yan din feeling ko- pinagiinitan. may favoritism, kampihan. wala din akong friends dito. so kumusta talaga. :P

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.