Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 24 NOV 14
Have a loved one with cancer? Remind him that he's not alone by spending time with him and doing things that make him smile (e.g., watch
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Awkward around boys. Help!  (Read 6177 times)

blueblood

Awkward around boys. Help!
« on: December 18, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
It's really hard for me to talk to boys. I'm even awkward being around them! And I want to change that. I can't go on shying away from them forever! How do I deal with this?  :( Like when you're with them, what do you talk about? What things do you do together? :)

bravo86

• GirlTalker
Re: Awkward around boys. Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »
"boyS"?... as in 'plural' sis?

aba, hirap yon. awkward talaga yan, kaka-OP.

do it one at a time.

you may have a friend/alalay accompany you.
someone who is more of a 'sidewinder'. yung tipong walang naririnig at nakikita at lamon lang nang lamon pag kainan na.
someone na di sumasawsaw at sabat nang sabat pag nag-uusap kayo but who is ever ready to intelligent answers whenever you ask her. ;)

aubb

• caffeinated
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:39:58 PM »
1st, try to know why you're shy, is it because you feel that a guy might not like you, or being around might not be a great idea? if these were so, stop thinking of that. Madaming klase ng lalaki, you just have to be yourself, and be cautious, pero wag naman din uber distrusting lol.

skysenshi

• Kikay Geek
  • I carry soy sauce with me all the time.
    • Skysenshi: A Kikay Geek's Hobby Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:50:05 PM »
Boys are actually easier to get along with, kasi walang drama. Just as long as they don't have romantic intentions, kasi yun ang nakakasira.
Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun, wondering free, wish I could be...
(I'm an old GT member but original account got deleted due to inactivity. LOL.)
http://www.skysenshi.com

blueblood

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »
^
that's the problem i guess. di naman kasi maraming guys ang lumalapit sakin kaya those who do, i automatically think na he's interested. HAHAAH. i know it's weird, but yes, that's how things work from my perspective. xD And everytime that's on my mind, i get awkward. T_T

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »
ang masasabi ko lang, practice makes perfect. hehe so the first few times kahit awkward tiisin mo na lang, may matututunan ka talaga sa mga experiences mo. then just keep doing it para medyo mawala na ang nerbiyos mo sa mga susunod. i'm pretty sure that you're still young, sis, kasi when i was younger i felt the same way!
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

kokobebe

• A sweet,stubborn,spoiled brat,voluptuous & pretty
  • GirlTalker
  • Stay beautiful. Be happy. Keep on shining.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 08:43:32 AM »
Boys are actually easier to get along with, kasi walang drama. Just as long as they don't have romantic intentions, kasi yun ang nakakasira.

I agree with sis skysenshi. Actually, I have a lot of guy friends and sobrang okay sila kasama. I cant say na I'm one of the boys pero all my life I've been surrounded by guys like brothers ko, cousins (majority kasi lalaki), classmates and barkadas. Pag sa guys, you can talk to them about anything from sports, work, finances and even your lovelife.

Siguro sis blueblood, try being with your male classmates or workmates like during breaks. Tapos try to have a conversation with them, like yung mga current events lalo na sports or cars. Do your best to act natural and just be yourself kasi ang guys naman madaling pakisamahan. Tapos kalma ka lang dapat tsaka dapat walang arte masyado pag boys ang kausap mo.
You are entitled to have your own POV. Well, this is mine. R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

To my next boyfriend: Serenade me with Boyce Avenue's version of "Just the Way You Are" and make me fall in love all over you again. ;)

pepurpink

• Junior GirlTalker
  • braces off...retainers on...
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 10:19:53 AM »
hi blueblood!

ganyan ako dati. akward din ako around boys. siguro dahil most of my friends are girls tapos mga pinsan ko, mostly mga girls din, 2 girls din kame magkapatid.
nagbago lahat when i worked in an IT company, syempre most of their employees are boys. during breaks, magkakasabay kame with my colleagues. kwentuhan at kulitan, pag madalas mo na silang kasama, comfortable ka na with them. minsan nag out of town kame. sobrang saya kase makukulit sila. no dull moments.
now, with my present company, meron din akong mga guy friends, minsan 3 kame sabay maglunch, ako lang yung babae sa group. ok naman kaso nga lang ako ang inaasar nila pag kameng tatlo lang, wala kase akong kakampi.  :-\

^ i agree.

never try to play with other people around you, for you may never know that they play better than you.

law of karma

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 11:03:11 AM »
hi blueblood. dati mahiyain rin ako sa mga boys kase wala akong barkadang guys plus wala akong kuya or younger brother tapos hindi rin ako gaanong close sa mga cousins ko na guys.

relax ka lang sis. be comfy with yourself muna, tapos when may chance eh di chikahin mo sila with simple topics like cars and dota.

yung sinabi ni sis skysenshi na boys are easier to get along with is sooooo true. kase ngayon boys barkada ko.  walang drama, walang arte, walang feelingera.

♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

aubb

• caffeinated
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 06:10:07 PM »
you should boost your morale, i think, i don't think you can much about thinking "the guy might be liking you" kaya siya lumalapit. be confident, yun lang, wear a good smile and be yourself :) your improved self.

rosela

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »
you should boost your morale, i think, i don't think you can much about thinking "the guy might be liking you" kaya siya lumalapit. be confident, yun lang, wear a good smile and be yourself :) your improved self.

like ko ito...juts like blueblood. im also awkward around boys. I don't have that much confidence when im around them. specially when im with someone i like. kasi feeling ko andami kong flaws and he wont just like me

Giri

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »
It's really hard for me to talk to boys. I'm even awkward being around them! And I want to change that. I can't go on shying away from them forever! How do I deal with this?  :( Like when you're with them, what do you talk about? What things do you do together? :)

Maybe try to read a book, there might be a good book about this subject matter.

sugardrop

• Super GirlTalker
  • Loving life's simple pleasures.
    • J'adore Rougit
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
I am closer to my guy friends probably because they are easier to get along with, just as some of our sisters pointed out here. They are easier to talk to especially when you have problems and they can be brutally honest with you without any palabok or paikot ikot. And they are also chismoso. ;D Most of my cousins are guys too so I guess it helped me. If you have brothers or male cousins, try talking to them or hanging out with them. I guess you can start from there. Once you're comfy enough with them, you can then try hanging out with guys other than you relatives. And true, less drama and kaartehan.

like ko ito...juts like blueblood. im also awkward around boys. I don't have that much confidence when im around them. specially when im with someone i like. kasi feeling ko andami kong flaws and he wont just like me

Iba na talaga when there is "like" involved but as long as you stay true to yourself and let him see you for who you really are, then he might overlook those flaws since no one is perfect anyway. Sometimes, it is your flaws or imperfections that guys may like in you because it makes you human and not a Stepford wife material. :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:12:20 PM by sugardrop »
A little backreading won't hurt.

J'adore Rougit

Instagram: greenappletini

Frankie_G

• GUYtalker
    • The Rebellious Gentleman
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
I can somehow relate to you blueblood.  :)
But sa mga girls naman. Sobra torpe kasi ako dati. Medyo medyo na lang ngayon.  ;D Probably since I came from an all-boys school in high school.
Pero even though nung college ako surrounded ako ng mga girls, iba pa rin ang close relationship ko sa mga pare. Hehe.
I remember before hinawakan lang ng girl [textspeak!] hand ko, kinakabahan na ako.  :)

Anyway, I think some guys may find it cute na medyo nahihiya ka sa kanila. Though wag naman sosobra na di ka na nagsasalita. I agree to what the others have posted na it can help if you hang out with your relatives na guys. And please try go out more. Mas magiging sociable and friendly ka.

cristal28

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »
hi sis. i am just like you. mejo naging okay na lang ako sa boys when i was already in law school. grade school and high school exlcusive for gurls ako. college i enrolled in a co-ed school but i end up having 5 girl frends all throughout. sooner or later there will be 1 boy na you will get along with. siya yung mafefeel mo na "click" kayo. more often than not ang boys mas madali sila gumawa ng converstaion unlike tayo mga gurls. they can easily approach you and talk to you. so when the time comes na may lumapit sa iyo na boy who you think na you can get along with relax ka lang. they are so easy to talk to kasi wala sila arte and wala sila pacute-cute. they dont bother with first impression unless type ka niya. take your time sis it will come naman.

annamonique

• Blogger. Plurker. Proud Pinay. Responsible Netizen. Registered Nurse.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 02:31:01 PM »
ditto. :( i will try to follow those advices posted..

geminitalks

• GirlTalker
  • " Joie de Vivre is in the heart"
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
it gets ackward only for me when they show interest other than friendship i can offer...yun i don't know how to handle this situation anymore...usually i clammed up & distance myself....

....and i need to change that because i eventually lost them...:(
...I was afraid to get hurt,
       to be rejected again
          but there i landed
           & don't know how
                to stop the pain...
                                    gemini101607

blue_jade

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 10:08:09 PM »
like some of our sis here i was really awkward before around boys. though i have friends naman in school na boys nasanay ako na girls palagi ang kasama  :D but all that changed when i started working sa call center lalo na when i moved to IT. kamusta naman dalawa lang kami girls dati  me and my boss  ;D

at first nagulantang ako kasi hindi ako sanay na puro guys kasama then i was able to adjust lalo na when a time came na only girl ako sa team  ;D buti ngayon 2 na kami ulit na girl and they treat us both as one of the boys  ;D and i'm friends with their gf/wife kaya masaya when we all get together  ;D

a bit of downside? well since single ako malakas sila mangasar at mas interested pa sila sa lovelife ko ::) at minsan they come across as protective imagine a group of 15 with only 2 girls  ;D we always joke around na libre na bodyguards ko e  ::)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:43:56 AM by blue_jade »

isobel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 12:07:43 PM »
don't put too much pressure on yourself. remember, boys are just people, too :p

ladyisabella

• GirlTalker
  • ~GT StaLkeR~
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 02:34:27 AM »

true, sa totoo lang, mas madami pa ko boys na friends, as in madali sila kausap, wala msyado arte, derecho ang sagot, basta, sabi nga nila, girl na girl ako pero puro lalake talaga madalas ko kasama, kahit sa opis, kaya pag naglalakad kame sa hallway yung mga makakasalubong namin sasabihin "ang dami mo namang bodyguard", atchaka feeling ko talaga secure ako kase walang mangbabastos sakin, takot lang nila sa mga bodyguards ko. :) at yung mga nagbabalak manligaw di makalapit sa dami ba naman nakapaligid na bantay, ngayon ang matapang na lalake na manliligaw lang ang makakalapit sakin., yung kaya ang angas ng mga tropa kong maton. hahahahahaha..
..Just another lesson to be learned, Gotta move on and  not lose faith
..Just another obstacle to take in my life before it gets too late
I won't give up
I won't stay down
This is what life's worth living for
I still believe in LOVE

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.