Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 17 APR 14
Stressed? Give us a smile! Smiling releases endorphins in your body, which combat stress and have you feeling better in no time!
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: The UK and Ireland  (Read 23557 times)

eeyore91833

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Thankful for everything! ♥♥♥'s being a GirlTalker!
    • COCONUT GOLD
Re: The UK and Ireland
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 11:25:31 am »
UK

What's the weather in June?
Also, would anyone know which is a better hotel among these two: Grange Rochester Hotel or Strand Palace Hotel?
in terms of closeness to tourist spots, service, food, etc.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 08:18:18 am »
@sakura_bloom, you can stay at hostels for your budget or check for flats with private room sharing. Found this hostel website:

http://www.london-hostels.co.uk/

:)

iwantsuperman

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 06:26:02 pm »
Did travelling side backpacking last year. Trust me sa sobrang daming pwedeng puntahan sa UK, you will have no time for Ireland, plus another visa pa yan.

neonprincess

• GirlTalker
  • naval officer wife and a proud mom to my girls!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 07:26:31 pm »
When u apply for a UK visa, is it really mandatory for you to have a letter of invitation if you're visiting relatives there? I have a relative in London, matanda na eh, I want to save her troubles in sending me invitation letter and what not. Okay lang kaya without an invitation letter when applying for a visa?

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 09:06:48 pm »
i think kelangam kasi our travel agent said they needed it when we said that we will visit my fiance's family so what we did is that we asked them to make a tour for us so we don't need an invitation letter.

btw, anyone knows a photographer in the UK? We would want to have an engagement photo shoot there sana :)

sakura_bloom

• Beauty Desired
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Beauty By Desire
    • https://www.facebook.com/DesirebloomAtelier
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 01:32:41 am »
@sakura_bloom, you can stay at hostels for your budget or check for flats with private room sharing. Found this hostel website:
http://www.london-hostels.co.uk/

^Thanks mamasqueak! :)

I plan to to go backpacking to London. Do you recommend that I join a tour or I just work my way when I'm already there? Is 5 days enough to cover London and Stone Henge? Or 7 days?

Thanks! :)

jenny_syngkit

• Senior GirlTalker
  • addicted to running...
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 09:07:11 pm »
Wow, there's a UK thread na pala. We'll be leaving for London this Thursday, thanks @mamasqueak for all the help with our IT.

run fast... run fierce... run fabulous!
http://twistedtravelholic.blogspot.com

jenny_syngkit

• Senior GirlTalker
  • addicted to running...
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 07:01:11 am »
Question: What exactly can we see in Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and Convent Garden? Thanks.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 08:34:35 am »
@sakura _bloom, if you want to do a quickie visit 5 days should be okay to do the must-see sights in London alone. If you plan to do Stonehenge add 1 day to do the daytrip.

@jenny_syngkit, Covent Garden is a popular shopping and tourist area. You'll find the Royal Opera here, the London Transport Museum, etc. Trafalgar Square is a big plaza/square where a monument dedicated to Lord Nelson who beat Napoleon during the Battle of Trafalgar stands. Picadilly Circus naman is like a small, pretty and historical version of Times Square. Its sits in a junction where shopping is all around. Check out the Eros fountain right at the center.

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 03:23:03 pm »
just got back from Chino Roces. took us 4 hours just to submit our documents, pay the courier fee and do biometrics. so disappointing :(

sakura_bloom

• Beauty Desired
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Beauty By Desire
    • https://www.facebook.com/DesirebloomAtelier
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 04:34:17 am »
^yeah. Kahit yung "vip" visa processing matagal pa din..

jenny_syngkit

• Senior GirlTalker
  • addicted to running...
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2012, 08:46:09 am »
thanks @mama squeak. we're leaving tom na. grabe, palamig ng palamig yung weather forecast. last week nasa 18C, today nasa 13C na yung highest temp.

@little_princess - wow tagal nun a. baka maraming nag-aaply now in time for the London Olympics. mabilis lang kame before, a little over an hour for everything. yung mom ko as in minutes lang. what they did was to go there really early (yung time slot for those without appointments). pero I think pagdating sa pagprocess ng visa mismo, UK pa rin ang pinakamabilis. in less than a week you'll get your passport na.

neonprincess

• GirlTalker
  • naval officer wife and a proud mom to my girls!
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2012, 11:25:11 am »
once you're at the airport in UK, does the immigration officer have to ask for your invitation letter if your purpose is to visit your family? coz i know they ask this when you apply for a visa to visit your loved ones, but do they still look for it pag-andun ka na sa airport and u tell the IO that you're visiting a family?

precious_girl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 09:16:59 am »
^ last time I visited UK was 2010, wala naman sila tinanong saken sis, they only asked to see my Visa, they try not to keep the waiting lines long in the Immigration, Heathrow is a very busy airport and I believe all those necessary information's about you are available for them in their computers.

I would love to visit UK again, I miss everything london lol
.:.suffer for fashion.:.

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 10:16:24 am »
there were a lot of people but then the people manning the counters were not as fast too. we had a 9AM appointment and was there na ng 830AM. The current number that time is about 20 out of 99. Our number was 3 and 4 second batch.

question, if my tourist visa would be 6 months and i will be married to a British national come November. we plan to go to the UK December until January. do i have to apply for a visiting family visa or can i still use my tourist visa?

and will there be sale in July? And is Bicester Village worth going to?

gabby**

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 11:21:37 am »
question mga sisses, madali lang ba kumuha ng visa papuntang ireland? i want to visit my cuz and niece there, pero gusto ko i surprise ko sila...need ko pa ba ng invitation from my relatives there?  thanks po

jenny_syngkit

• Senior GirlTalker
  • addicted to running...
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 03:33:50 pm »
Last day na namen sa london today, we'll be going to paris later. Super, duper lamig. As in nag 11c yung temp. Maulan sobra nung monday and tuesday, ngayon naman maaraw.

Natagalan kame sobra sa immigration dahil sobrang dami ng tao, marami din naman yung immigration desk nila and mabilis magmove yung line. Marami lang talaga kameng dumating that time. We were asked lang what's our reason for visiting, so we said vacation. Yun lang naman yung tanong.

Hopefully mas maganda ang weather in Paris. Ayaw ko na nh sobrang lamig.

snowie

• GirlTalker
  • certified traveller!
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 05:12:00 pm »
Hello there. Im in uk right now and will stay for another 4 months..last time were here nung nov to january . We spend christmas and new year here, sobrang lamig but ngayong summer medyo ok na pero malamig padin..

Anyway were staying in manchester now and nakapunta ame london many times na. Just to share some tips.

Ngayong summer sa mga gusto pumunta malamig padin dito at maulan.. And naghahailstorm. So magdala padin kayo ng panlamig

If youre buying souvenirs maganda sa cool britannia they have wide selections.. And lots of stores.
If you want to go to buckingham palace and see the changing guards, go there around 11 am.
Try to visit M&S they have these soecialty bread which is only 1 each.. I forgot the name
Madaming tao sa london so watch out kase baka mabunggo ka bigla madami kase natigil to take pictures sa big ben and london eye

If you want to go inside the westminster abbey museum.. Its 16 each.

Well overall.. Mahal ang bilihin sa uk compared to us which i was from. So pack everything you need then just buy souvenirs sa london .  :)

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 12:44:03 pm »
gabby: madali lang pero matagal. No need to show up in whatever embassy (since we don't have naman an Irish embassy here, consulate lang hehe). Just fill up the online form, submit all the docs. The waiting is the hard part. We waited more than 2 months to get ours! Better if you have an invitation from family but if you can't have that, I think the Irish govt is not naman as strict as the US' or the Schengen visa. But Irish visas are like one time entrance only, may expiration date pa, so be schedule your trip well.

Good luck!
"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • call me sis bratty for short..
    • Blog
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 01:07:27 pm »
My hubby was in Uk last January for a one week business trip the stayed at Trebovir Hotel which offers breakfast, walking distance lang din ito sa event nila, they were able to go Big Ben, saw Eye of the London. Sabi ni sobrang ganda ng place.
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
FN's Top 10 SPF Beauty Picks for Summer 2014
These babies are mighty protectors from the sun's harmful UV rays.
5 Ways to Reflect and Meditate When You’re Time-Bound
Whether you have five minutes or five days, a breather from all the deadlines and meetings will do you good.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!