1. What's your diagnosis?
2. How many years TTC?
- tried to conceive naturally for 1 year (I didn't know I had PCOS), 5 months (1st OB), 4 months (OB-RE) = 1 yr 9 mos
3. What meds did you take while TTC?
- folic acid, metformin. had hysterosalpingogram to check if tubes are blocked (one tube had delayed passage, but was ok after)
- first two cycles of clomid, no reaction, so dosage was increased per month. 3 cycles of Clomid with dominant follicle but thin lining. 1st OB recommended IUI on next cycle, but I felt we are not ready for that yet.
- decided to switch to an OB-RE, more aggressive treatment. Metformin. no caffeine. try to lose 10lbs. take B complex.
- 1st month, Clomid again, thin endometrium lining. 2nd month, switched to Femara, and injected with FSH and HCG trigger. 3rd month, same but different brand of FSH/HCG. also given crinone (progesterone)
- follicle monitoring daily/every few days. hahabol ka tlaga kahit saan ang clinic nya.
- 4th month, OB had to be on leave for 2 weeks, so she won't be available for follicle monitoring. decided to move my period instead through the use of Yazmin pills. 2 tabs for 5 days. I got my period again in 10 days. Day10, got a dominant follicle already, compared before, day12/13 pa ang ganung size ng follicle. was not given crinone this cycle. (But I should have asked for it, kasi I had spotting on my 5th week, kulang ata sa progesterone)
4. Any fertility supplements?
5. Name of OB - Hospital/Clinic
- Dr. Eileen Manalo - Asian Hospital, Makati Med, Joshua Center (infront of PGH)
6. Message/Tips for those still TTC
- I'm not sure if it was the Yaz pills that worked its magic...
- Take your meds. I'm 5'3, started year 2010 at 128lbs. 120lbs na lang ako when I got pregnant, even after the 1st trimester, wala akong weight gain (which is ok naman daw). I took Glucophage XR 500mg 3x a day
- Magastos magpa-workup. Inaabot kami 30k in one month, lahat na yun ng meds, injection, at consultation at follicle monitoring
- They say, typically it takes 3 months for a healthy couple to conceive. I found it true enough... assuming yung 3 months namin on Femara ang basis
- We prayed to Saint Padre Pio and to Our Lady of Manaoag
- Have a support group (like GT)