Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: TTC's who got pregnant: Your Journey to BFP  (Read 119592 times)

h_winx

• GirlTalker
  • Certified Mom
Re: TTC's who got pregnant: Your Journey to BFP
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 01:03:32 AM »
1. What's your diagnosis? (PCOS/Endo/etc)
pcos and suspicious for adenomyoma.

2. How many years TTC?
ive been pcos since i was early 20s and curing it in alot of ways, but since i got married Aug 2009 i started controlling my diet coz im a plus size and its a big factor of being a pcos. Used pills to regulate my menstration and provera then 2008 to 2010 used metformin, taking vitamin e and folic acid.
then when i took my ultrasound last June 2010 and diagnose my ovaries was normal my doctor gave me Clomid then after a few days took ultrasound and found out some developing follicles. Since my hubby is always out of the country, kaya yun nandito rin sya nun july 2010 we really do our thing and enjoy making love especially the suspected fertile days. Aug 2010 we made some laboratory check up and yes it was positive It a answered prayer bago ng 1st anniversary namin we were blessed. Now im in my 33 weeks and its a baby girl, nakakapagod pala mabuntis lol, kinakabahan pero excited.

3. Name of OB - Hospital/Clinic
  Dr. Boto

4. Message/Tips for those still TTC
as long as your husband is being supportive of you at mahal ka may anak at wala. It is the best thing that matters yung pagmamahal nyo sa isat isa. Mag bf palang kami ng hubby ko nun and he always tell me na "mamahalin kita may anak man tayo o wala kaya dont worry ang importante magkasama tayo". Hes working abroad pero hes nver fails to keep in touch everyday he makes time kasi may mood swing ako hes still patiently understands me and Im thankful sa Lord kasi everything is answered prayer, as long as madasalin ka and your faith is strong God listens to you, kung di man ngayon darating din yan you just need to keep your faith strong. Hope this will help for those couples. God bless to all

violinist

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 10:35:41 AM »
Hi mga sis, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and here's my story, kinopy ko nalang from my post in other thread..

according to my previous ob pcos daw ako, i dont ovulate on my own din before.. she gave me metformin, mga 2yrs din ako nagmetformin at elevit as vitamins. my husband naman is low sperm count and motility, tagal di liquefaction..

we've tried 4 iui's yung 2 magkahiwalay (aug 2008 and aug 2010) then yung last two magkasunod (dec 2010 and jan 2011), [textspeak!] pang 3rd and 4th ko kay dra. angel espiritu, sa CRM ginawa ang iui. but prior to that mga 4months din kami nagdagdag ng mga vitamins, [textspeak!] iba advise ng ob, [textspeak!] iba naman advice ng friends at sa mga research ko dito rin sa FN. here are the vitamins that we took prior to our 3rd and 4th iuis:

me - elevit, metformin, glutha with grapeseed, vit c 1g, vit e, malunggay capsule..
hubby - fertility blend, glutha with grapeseed, vit c 1g, vit e, malunggay casule, revicon max, zinc as gluconate 50mg, at silymarine (for his liver)

i think what contributed so much sa sperm ni hubby ay yung zinc at fertiliy blend at rev max.  laki tlaga ng inimprove ng count nya.
medyo magastos lang talaga sa vitamins pero at least vitamins yun not meds at tipid padin kasi di na kami umabot sa ivf..

malaking factor din yung magkasunod na iui kasi nasstimulate na raw yung hormones, parang ganun.. by the way 2x a day na femara ang binigay sa kin ni ob for 5 days then pregnyl on day 12, but dont self medicate kasi case to case basis naman ang pagbigay ng femara..

Hope this helps sa mga TTC palang :)

shopaholic-no-more

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »
1. What's your diagnosis?
-PCOS

2. How many years TTC?
- tried to conceive naturally for 1 year (I didn't know I had PCOS), 5 months (1st OB), 4 months (OB-RE) = 1 yr 9 mos

3. What meds did you take while TTC?

OB #1:
- folic acid, metformin. had hysterosalpingogram to check if tubes are blocked (one tube had delayed passage, but was ok after)
- first two cycles of clomid, no reaction, so dosage was increased per month. 3 cycles of Clomid with dominant follicle but thin lining. 1st OB recommended IUI on next cycle, but I felt we are not ready for that yet.

OB #2:
- decided to switch to an OB-RE, more aggressive treatment. Metformin. no caffeine. try to lose 10lbs. take B complex.
- 1st month, Clomid again, thin endometrium lining. 2nd month, switched to Femara, and injected with FSH and HCG trigger. 3rd month, same but different brand of FSH/HCG. also given crinone (progesterone)
- follicle monitoring daily/every few days. hahabol ka tlaga kahit saan ang clinic nya.
- 4th month, OB had to be on leave for 2 weeks, so she won't be available for follicle monitoring. decided to move my period instead through the use of Yazmin pills. 2 tabs for 5 days. I got my period again in 10 days. Day10, got a dominant follicle already, compared before, day12/13 pa ang ganung size ng follicle. was not given crinone this cycle. (But I should have asked for it, kasi I had spotting on my 5th week, kulang ata sa progesterone)

4. Any fertility supplements?
- None

5. Name of OB - Hospital/Clinic
- Dr. Eileen Manalo - Asian Hospital, Makati Med, Joshua Center (infront of PGH)

6. Message/Tips for those still TTC
- I'm not sure if it was the Yaz pills that worked its magic... :)
- Take your meds. I'm 5'3, started year 2010 at 128lbs. 120lbs na lang ako when I got pregnant, even after the 1st trimester, wala akong weight gain (which is ok naman daw). I took Glucophage XR 500mg 3x a day
- Magastos magpa-workup. Inaabot kami 30k in one month, lahat na yun ng meds, injection, at consultation at follicle monitoring
- They say, typically it takes 3 months for a healthy couple to conceive. I found it true enough... assuming yung 3 months namin on Femara ang basis
- We prayed to Saint Padre Pio and to Our Lady of Manaoag
- Have a support group (like GT) :)
Can we fast forward to end of June already? Soooo excited to hold my little one :)

my_syd

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 07:36:05 PM »
reading ;D

newbeymum

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 08:18:45 PM »
Hi mga sis, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and here's my story, kinopy ko nalang from my post in other thread..

according to my previous ob pcos daw ako, i dont ovulate on my own din before.. she gave me metformin, mga 2yrs din ako nagmetformin at elevit as vitamins. my husband naman is low sperm count and motility, tagal di liquefaction..

we've tried 4 iui's yung 2 magkahiwalay (aug 2008 and aug 2010) then yung last two magkasunod (dec 2010 and jan 2011), [textspeak!] pang 3rd and 4th ko kay dra. angel espiritu, sa CRM ginawa ang iui. but prior to that mga 4months din kami nagdagdag ng mga vitamins, [textspeak!] iba advise ng ob, [textspeak!] iba naman advice ng friends at sa mga research ko dito rin sa FN. here are the vitamins that we took prior to our 3rd and 4th iuis:

me - elevit, metformin, glutha with grapeseed, vit c 1g, vit e, malunggay capsule..
hubby - fertility blend, glutha with grapeseed, vit c 1g, vit e, malunggay casule, revicon max, zinc as gluconate 50mg, at silymarine (for his liver)

i think what contributed so much sa sperm ni hubby ay yung zinc at fertiliy blend at rev max.  laki tlaga ng inimprove ng count nya.
medyo magastos lang talaga sa vitamins pero at least vitamins yun not meds at tipid padin kasi di na kami umabot sa ivf..

malaking factor din yung magkasunod na iui kasi nasstimulate na raw yung hormones, parang ganun.. by the way 2x a day na femara ang binigay sa kin ni ob for 5 days then pregnyl on day 12, but dont self medicate kasi case to case basis naman ang pagbigay ng femara..

Hope this helps sa mga TTC palang :)
=====================================================hi sis.. how's your pregnancy? give us update naman kase your story is very inspiring.. thanks.. hoping all is well with you and your pregnancy..

MGM13

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »

- 1st month, Clomid again, thin endometrium lining. 2nd month, switched to Femara, and injected with FSH and HCG trigger. 3rd month, same but different brand of FSH/HCG. also given crinone (progesterone)
- follicle monitoring daily/every few days. hahabol ka tlaga kahit saan ang clinic nya.
- 4th month, OB had to be on leave for 2 weeks, so she won't be available for follicle monitoring. decided to move my period instead through the use of Yazmin pills. 2 tabs for 5 days. I got my period again in 10 days. Day10, got a dominant follicle already, compared before, day12/13 pa ang ganung size ng follicle. was not given crinone this cycle. (But I should have asked for it, kasi I had spotting on my 5th week, kulang ata sa progesterone)

- None

- Dr. Eileen Manalo - Asian Hospital, Makati Med, Joshua Center (infront of PGH)

- I'm not sure if it was the Yaz pills that worked its magic... :)
- Take your meds. I'm 5'3, started year 2010 at 128lbs. 120lbs na lang ako when I got pregnant, even after the 1st trimester, wala akong weight gain (which is ok naman daw). I took Glucophage XR 500mg 3x a day
- Magastos magpa-workup. Inaabot kami 30k in one month, lahat na yun ng meds, injection, at consultation at follicle monitoring
- They say, typically it takes 3 months for a healthy couple to conceive. I found it true enough... assuming yung 3 months namin on Femara ang basis
- We prayed to Saint Padre Pio and to Our Lady of Manaoag
- Have a support group (like GT) :)

sis same tayo ng OB and I was given crinone also... Im on my 2WW. Sana nga positive na. I noticed lang na pag nag CR ako andaming crinone sa toilet bowl.. ganyan ka din ba dati? ok lang kaya yun? thanks!
"Hope, Pray and Don't Worry"

http://pinkandgreendots.blogspot.com  (Me and my Cohen Journey)

incay

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »
this is such a helpful thread!

we've been married for 2 yrs and TTC since then.  this year, we decided to seek professional help na talaga.  time is of the essence already for me since i'm on my mid-30's na.  so far, no prob naman sa side ni hubby, so the OB is checking up on me.  Retroverted uterus ko, regular naman mens ko tsaka wala naman akong bisyo...OB is asking me to undergo HSG just to check kung di blocked yung tubes ko.  Hopefully by mid-April nakapag-HSG na ko and sana naman walang blockages tube ko.

sana marami pang mag-share ng post-TTC moments & hope to catch some baby dust too :)
"Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours." Mk 11:24

shopaholic-no-more

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 03:47:41 PM »

sis same tayo ng OB and I was given crinone also... Im on my 2WW. Sana nga positive na. I noticed lang na pag nag CR ako andaming crinone sa toilet bowl.. ganyan ka din ba dati? ok lang kaya yun? thanks!

tlagang nagkakaron ng build up ng crinone. some describe it as like cottage cheese. hehe. i've read na some women prefer to apply it in the morning para kumakalat daw while they move. pero ako, sa gabi lagi, before sleeping. ayus yan sis, i believe in crinone, kahit mahal, sulit yan!
Can we fast forward to end of June already? Soooo excited to hold my little one :)

MGM13

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49:54 PM »
Hi sis shopaholic-no-more! Praying for your safe delivery.. malapit ka na ba manganak?

Me too, I apply crinone before I sleep. This is my second cycle with crinone I hope mag work na. 2WW is about to end in a few days... pero wala pa rin akong maramdaman na positive na ako... wala akong cravings, walang breast tenderness, walang fatigue, lahat wala. :( Pero syempre it ain't over till it's over so asa pa ng konti.. hehe  :)

shopaholic-no-more

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »
Hi sis shopaholic-no-more! Praying for your safe delivery.. malapit ka na ba manganak?

hi sis, week26 pa lang si baby... malapit lapit na rin yun, i started 100-day countdown na the other day. hehe, parang christmas lang :)

ako rin nung una walang naramdamang symptoms, except for the missed period. pero di pa ako nagtest agad, naghintay pa ako ng 1week... actually, di ako naglihi, walang cravings, at walang pagsusuka :)

MGM13

• GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 11:50:27 AM »
hi sis, week26 pa lang si baby... malapit lapit na rin yun, i started 100-day countdown na the other day. hehe, parang christmas lang :)

ako rin nung una walang naramdamang symptoms, except for the missed period. pero di pa ako nagtest agad, naghintay pa ako ng 1week... actually, di ako naglihi, walang cravings, at walang pagsusuka :)

haha... oo nga parang xmas countdown lang.. :)
Naku sana nga ako din mag BFP na... tom ang expected AF ko... sana nga di na dumating...pero kung dumating man syempre iyak and then move on and continue the work-up.. ganun talaga fight, fight, fight!!! hehe.
thanks sis for the reply! :) God bless your pregnancy!

bbprei

• Probationary
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »
heres mine.. so hapi to be part of this thread...at last!!!

1.What's your diagnosis? (PCOS/Endo/etc)

me pcos ,DH normal

2. How many years TTC?

2008 no medication natural
until 2010 i thought something is wrong so i went to ob
JUNE 2010 start of my fertility workup

BFP..march 19 2011*),

metformin,folicard,been 200 mg of clomid but all failed,femara,EPO,pregnyl

prayers...
DRa.Janice LaCUNA..PERPETUal las pias

continue your meds...TTC is really emotionally,financially,draining.. but you have to pursue on what you want..burst out your sadness and depression through a trusted friends or even on line, buddy,have a massage to de stess. anything na malilibang ka..love each other..Pray to GOD and it will given in HIS perfect time...*)

chakchuk

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »
 :D ako din excited na sumali dito...

8 months ttc
Concieved naturally..
First six months... Dami kong supplements tapos walang nangyayari  :( Hindi ako nagpupunta sa ob... Kasi may mga nababasa ako dito at least 1 year daw try to concieve naturally.... So iniinom ko  mga nababasa ko na supplements na iniinom ng mga ttc dito.... Tapos walang nangyari.... The last two months was very serious... I jog, exercise and diet.... March 7 nagpunta ko Manaog and prayed na sana bigyan na din kami....
My lmp was feb26....every morning.... I jog for 30 minutes.... Breakfast is oatmeal and 1 boiled egg... For snacks... I ate banana or apple.... Lunch either grilled fish or meat.... Dinner broccoli and grilled fish or meat.... Sometimes I ate brown rice.... No white rice....
I exercise in the afternoon and do yoga at night  :-[
My exercise is p90x and physique57.... Alternately...
I even bought a lot of books how to get pregnant....
Yung mga sex positions Hindi ko inintindi  ;D wala sya sa mga tips to conceive hehe....
Si hubby din had a healthy lifestyle.... Parehas kami ng kinakain... I didn't take any supplements... I stopped kasi nga walang nangyayari.... Hubby naman was taking protein powders..... Kasi nagpapalaki sya talaga ng katawan,,, I only lost 7 pounds....
I tried hilot... No effect sya sakin....

Sorry sis napahaba....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:08:58 AM by chakchuk »

bethyful

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
Got BFP yesterday :)

1.What's your diagnosis?
Me:  irregular period, retroverted uterus
Hubby: low sperm count 10 million but ok ang motility and morphology

2. How many years TTC?
     3 years

Me: folic acid (healthy options) hindi regular kasi tamad uminom
      nagpahilot once lang March 3

Hubby: zeman for 3 months then he switched to enduranz  march 3 kasi walang available na zeman

Conceived naturally, kasi last time I consulted my OB december last year, that is when she endorsed my hubby sa urologist.  Last month nag experiment lang ako ng schedule ng love making namin, every two days ang contact para may time na makaipon pa ulit ng sperm si hubby ;D

Patience and of course prayers... Kasama na yan sa panalangin ko mula nung ikasal kami at pag may time na nawawalan ng pag-asa, I asked God for strength and courage to go on with my life... At palagi ko din iniisip na hindi lang ang pagkakaroon ng anak ang patunay ng pagiging happy ng isang mag-asawa... 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:25:04 AM by bethyful »

simply_wife

• a happy mom to my sweet little princess...
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »

1.What's your diagnosis?

2. How many years TTC?
     3 years

Hubby: zeman for 3 months then he switched to enduranz  march 3 [textspeak!] walang available na zeman

Conceived naturally, kasi last time I consulted my OB december last year, that is when she endorsed my hubby sa urologist.  Last month nag experiment lang ako ng schedule ng love making namin, every two days ang contact para may time na makaipon pa ulit ng sperm si hubby ;D

Patience and of course prayers... Kasama na yan sa panalangin ko mula nung ikasal kami at pag may time na nawawalan ng pag-asa, I asked God for strength and courage to go on with my life... At palagi ko din iniisip na hindi lang ang pagkakaroon ng anak ang patunay ng pagiging happy ng isang mag-asawa...

congrats, sis! take care... hopefully kami na sunod.. :)
A hopeful TTC wife, trusting the Lord that one day, He will bless us the baby we are waiting...

Thank you in advance for our babies :-)

http://www.dataentryjobs.us/43981.html

MGM13

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 10:21:50 AM »

1.What's your diagnosis?

2. How many years TTC?
     3 years

Sis saan ka po nagpahilot???

God bless your pregnancy!!!

bethyful

• GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
^ sa sta. rosa ako nagpahilot... pero taga cabuyao kami... kakilala ng officemate ng asawa ko...

MGM13

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
^medyo malayo pala sis kasi taga manila ako.. hehe.. pero thanks for the reply. nag private message kasi ako sayo kaso wala reply kaya dito na ako nag post.. sorry ha makulet me.. hehe.

Ingat sis! Enjoy your journey towards motherhood!!!  :)

incay

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 06:50:49 PM »
^ sis, sent you a pm  :)
"Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours." Mk 11:24

Dhana

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »
@simply_wife, hi sis congrats... ang galing ang laki talaga ng nagagawa ng prayers. pcos retro ako and hubby low sperm count 26mil ngtake cya zeman 1 month pa lang twice a day. clomid naman ako and first iui ko ngaun cycle. ngpahilot din ako 6 sessions nung dec 2010. pero wala prin

Congrats ulet sis.. and God Bless.
Multiply your earnings! Click or copy & paste the sites below.. especially FOR Mom's and Wives at home...

http://www.AWSurveys.com?R=jaxcool
http://www.neobux.com/?r=jaxcool
http://www.buxspecial.com/?ref=jaxcool
http://www.infinitybux.com/?ref=jaxcoo

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.