Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 21 DEC 14
Going out in the sun? Never underestimate the power of sunscreen! It helps prevent blotchiness, spider veins, and premature wrinkles.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Birthday Stories and Photos II  (Read 152098 times)

prettylee

• GirlTalker
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »
here are some pix of the details of the party that i got from friends and family. pasensya na madilim yung iba. will post the official pix as soon as i get it.
http://prettyleelacy.multiply.com/photos/album/19

princess lorraine

• a loving wife and mom:)
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 05:22:54 PM »
thank you sis purplemom :)
Thank You Lord for my beautiful little princess Lorraine Janelle:)

quixotic

• Junior GirlTalker
  • mom of 2 adorable kids :)
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 09:38:58 PM »
yey! we're done with our baby's 1st  bday! it was so much fun and everyone had a great time.  our guests couldn't stop raving about the decors, about everything! later muna ang suppliers rating, eto muna pics from our photog's FB :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=242636&id=718733364&fbid=458987668364

LOVE your party!!! Congratulations!

finally

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 02:21:21 AM »
super nice parties , wish i could have one for my kiddo . Love all of it.

kreez

• Super GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »

^^thanks sis quixotic, galing talaga si kelly! bilib ako talaga

kreez

• Super GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 12:17:42 PM »
yey! finally makakapagkwento na rin ako about my baby's 1st birthday!

Charlize Jaeden's 1st Birthday
Date: November 20, 2010
Venue: Corinthian Gardens (South Hall)
Party Planner: Kathleen dela Merced (Hi5 Parties)
Caterer: Passion Cooks

I'll rate my suppliers na rin 5 being the highest 1 being the lowest rating

Venue (rating: 5): the venue was very nice, it has a high ceiling kaya maganda lagyan ng decors, very spacious, clean comfort rooms.  It was a plus that we were the only party that day coz otherwise, with the glass walls, we would've seen everything that was happening in the next hall. 

Party Planner/Stylist: Hi5 Parties - Kathleen dela Merced (rating: 5+++)
from the moment i started planning my baby's party, i already had a picture of what i want to transpire specially when it comes to decorations.  I wanted it to be festive yet to be very classy at the same time.  I've read before in some of our thread that there is a kind of PP who decorates parties in such a way na "mailagay lang" or malagyan lang ng maraming maraming decor" and there are those kinds of PP who carefully plans and executes so that every detail is coherent and the wow factor is not from the sheer volume of decors but from the quality.  Kathleen is such the PP, i'm really very satisfied and more!  Grabe talaga yung attention nya to details, and she is very hands-on, tapos she is very accomodating pa sa requests ko and she considers my comments.  She is really a huge help specially for me who is a first time mom planning a party from abroad.   

I love the backdrop, talagang pinag isipan, pati yung backdrop dun sa buffet and the design of the dessert buffet, oh pati yung entrance.... everything!  ang galing talaga! I really got what i paid for and much much much more! Super love ko talaga si Kathleen! i'll recommend her to anyone.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458990583364&set=a.458987668364.242636.718733364

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458990628364&set=a.458987668364.242636.718733364

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458990658364&set=a.458987668364.242636.718733364

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458990688364&set=a.458987668364.242636.718733364

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458990723364&set=a.458987668364.242636.718733364

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458990798364&set=a.458987668364.242636.718733364

Caterer -  Passion Cooks (rating:5+) in the beginning of my party planning, i almost didn't get Passion cooks coz from the menu, hubby preferred the food of another caterer, that would have been a huge mistake, buti nalang naconvince ako ni Kathleen and ng mga reviews here in GT.  super yummy ng food nila, and the presentation is awesome, added to that is the great customer service, very nice si Maja, very accommodating, when we had our food tasting nga she served us something that is not in our menu and when we liked it sabi nya gusto nyo ichange, pwede naman if you really want.  ang bait!  super!

Cake: Concept by Hi5 executed by Les Sucreries Rating (5):  when Kathleen and I were discussing details for the party and she provided me the package, i asked for a cake upgrade coz i want the cake to really be one of the attraction during the party, and an attraction it really was.  Galing galing ng les sucreries grabe! the flying fairies, the castle with blinking lights! wow talaga! and the cake was super moist and yummy, just the right sweetness!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=464543354535&comments&ref=share

Dessert Buffet - Sugar & Spice c/o Hi5 (rating 5+):  I love that the dessert buffet was according the theme as well, it was very well executed and the kids really loved the treats! 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458990688364&set=a.458987668364.242636.718733364

Food Carts: c/o Hi5 (rating 3):  we had fish balls, ice cream and corn dogs, i wasn't able to taste everything only the corn dogs which were super yummy! but i heard really good feedback from the guests.  Actually it was hubby who commented on the presentation of the carts.  It was served on tables just outside the hall, sabi lang ni hubby, he thought it would be like food carts talaga yun parang may booth, not on the table lang, para daw mas maka dagdag sa ambiance nung party.  Next time daw sabihin ko na ilagay talaga sa mga carts at lagyan ng konting design din (talagang nagpplano na for next year ang stage daddy! lol). 

Photographer - Richie dela Merced of fat boy studio (Rating:So far 5) The rating that i gave is partial coz i haven't received the finished product yet, so rating is for the quality of service that they gave, super nice si richie pati yung 2nd photog nya ang bait bait and ang sipag sipag nila, they never stopped taking pictures, sabi nga nung cousin ko "ang sipag nila ha bigla nalang silang sumusulpot" haha, first batch of pics na pinost nila sa FB are also great! I hope dun sa iba pang pics na hindi ko pa nakikita marami pang shots nung mga details ng party  :D

Videographer Thor (rating 5++) - again the rating is for their service kasi wala pa naman akong narereceive na output.  grabe super professional sila, ang aga aga nila sa venue, tapos super nice pa si Thor and Carmela

Photobooth Poof (Rating: 5++) - the staff manning the photobooth were really nice, they had a lot of great props, the quality of the prints were superb, ang cute ng mga bag tags, the leather guest book was awesome, need I say more? everything was great talaga sulit toh, everyone at the party loved this  :D

Entertainment/Host Symond (Rating: 5) galing sya talaga, even the adults were very entertained.  hindi corny mga jokes nya and very witty.  Age appropriate din yung mga games nya and he kept the party lively at all times. 

Outfit (2nd Party Dress ni baby, mommy's and daddy's)- Dan Cadiz (Rating 5+++) actually he was the one who made my sister's wedding gown and I was impressed with him kaya I recommended him to a friend who was also very happy with him kaya when i planned for my baby's party sabi ko i'll ask him make our outfits and hindi naman ako nadisappoint, he's very good, magaling sya sa bead works and very very nice pa, very reasonable pa ang price nya, sa itsura nung mga damit ang mura na nung quote nya sakin, uulit talaga ko sa kanya :D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1734924693467&set=a.1734924253456.104213.1249055990

Outfit (baptism dress and 1st party dress ni baby) Baby Fashionista (rating 5) - the dresses were really pretty and the details were great, un nga lang i specifically requested na i wanted the exact same wing na nandon sa picture sa site nila but hindi ganon ang binigay sa min, nonetheless ang ganda ganda ng mga dresses from them. 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1734924813470&set=a.1734924253456.104213.1249055990&pid=1963387&id=1249055990

Hair and Make up - Archie Tolentino (Rating 5+++) galing nya talaga, he did my make up sa wedding ko and everyone liked it kaya sya ulit kinuha ko and just the same everyone complimented me on how i look during the party.  tapos super early pa sya, sya pa nagsabi na agahan natin para just in case may kailangan ka asiksuhin hindi ka mashort sa time.  bait bait bait pa.  pati hair ni hubby inayos ayos pa nya. 

sorry ang haba but i'm just so happy na wala talaga kong naging problem sa mga suppliers ko lahat sila super nice and very professional.  Thank God everything went well, good weather, si baby hindi man lang nag cranky kahit hindi sya sanay sa init and hindi man lang sya nakapag nap the entire day!  sulit ang pagod sa pagpprepare and every cent.   :D

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:38:20 AM by kreez »

jhoygeron

• Probationary
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 01:45:23 AM »
Yihee this will be my first post :) We celebrated my kid's 7th birthday last November 6 and female network has been part of its success.. Ito yung mga pix:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?id=1070654442&aid=87444

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=87393&id=1070654442

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=87395&id=1070654442

My suppliers:

Venue: Cittadella Clubhouse
Rate: P8,500.00
Contact Number: 8282366
We opted for a venue malapit lang rin samen sa Las Pinas, so that Sachies friends and classmates can easily go to the party and this is the biggest (I guess) na nagustuhan namen. Ok naman ang Cittadella, pati yung staff nila ok rin.. may stock room rin cla to place our stuff pro pansin ko lang mejo dirty yung floor, maalikabok pro carry lang kc marmol naman and d na mapapansin un. Malakas naman ang aircon and may tubig naman sa CR.. hehhe isa rin kc ito sa mga considerations for choosing venue. The problem namen is khit malaki yung venue e di pa rin kaya ang dami ng guests namen.. It can just handle around 150 and I think we have like 200 guests. Even sa kids, chairs n lang ang ni rent ko kc wala n talaga space for the kiddie tables.

Caterer: Queensland
Rate: P31,600.00
Contact Number: 09993329647/4019960 (Nora)
We have reserved food for 140 but they were able to feed 200 guests (with around 70 kids) so sulit tlaga ang Queensland. Maganda rin ang presentation nila and the taste pati yung waiters ok rin cla.. So given naman na cheap naman ang Queensland pro hindi naman nasacrifice ang quality so ok ako dito. And also ang aga nila magsetup, mga 8am p lang andun na cla e 3pm pa ang event namen.

Food Cart: NYFD
Rate: P6,300.00
Contact Number: 09209265489/6647588
Wala color naman ako masabi kundi masarap ang food nila, hehe, alam naman natin un.. tama naman cla sa napagusapang oras, mabilis ang setup mabilis lang rin magluto ng fries.. so simot ito na good for 150 pax.

Food Cart: Krispy Krepe
Rate: P4,500.00
Contact Number: 09178805933/ 9226164/ 9225933 (Fax)
Ito ang pinakaunang dumating sa mga carts ko. Masarap rin. Ang natikman ko lang is yung mango pro yummy nga sya and mejo mabilis rin naman khit na iluluto pa mismo yung crepe. Other flavors na pinili ko ay blueberry and hazelnut with almond. Malamang simot rin ito na good for 120 pax pro ito yung huling naubos.

Food Cart: Nestle Ice Cream
Rate: P2,160.00
Contact Number: 898-6260/09206918007
Malinis naman c kuya pro dahil limited n nga ang space, dun na sya tuloy malapit sa CR nakapuwesto. So yung price is depende sa ice cream na gusto mo.. So in our case, 150 pcs na ito and assorted, may mahal may mura. Simot rin. Di ko sya napansin na umalis pro nagpaalam raw sa hubby ko.

Food Cart: Pritson
Rate: P6,700.00
Contact Number: 9201573/09228LITSON
Ito sa tingin ko ang pinakapalpak kc super na late cla. Ang usapan is 3pm cla dadating kaya lang mga 4pm na, saktong kainan na tas indi pa natatadtad and na-wrap. The usual masarap sya and hindi sinful kainin hehhe as compared with lechon lang. Ambilis rin naubos nito. Malamang konti lang nakakain kc yung iba nakikita ko e isang malaking plate na puro pritson ang laman. Heheh

Add-on Food: BBQ
Rate: P1,400.00/100pcs.
Contact Number: Tabi ng Our Lady of Fatima (Philam) church, kay kuya Joey
Ito indi ko natikman pro mukhang puro laman naman and ang lalake nila so sulit rin ito. Nilagay ko n lang sa additional chafing dish ng Queensland. So naubos rin ito.

Add-on Food: Wasabi
Rate:  P1,000.00
Contact Number: Naku di ko nakuha pro lapit lang kc store nila samen
Pede sa kanila ang deliver kaya ok sila sakin. Sana pala mas marami ang inorder ko kc naubos agad. Di ko natikman yung naserve nung bday mismo pro masarap naman pagbumibili kme dun.

Add-on Food: Hotdog with marshmallow on stick
Rate:  P1,000.00
Contact Number: Si mother lang ang gumawa nito
Ito naman kinain ni Sachie during her party. Favorite nya kc ito kaya ito rin ang pina add ko sa mom ko. Wala kcng ganito ang caterer.

Ballon Decors: DIY
Rate: P6,000.00 (including bayad sa helpers)
Contact Number: DIY
Ginawa ko na yung mga centerpiece a day before the party. Then, morning of the party pa lang nasa venue na ko and hired 8 helpers. My dad was able to borrow 2 electric compressors and I bought 7 manual pumps to inflate the balloons. I think the total ng balloons ay around 2500 pieces (kasama na ang mga nasa centerpieces). Nag try ako prior to the event ng mga designs tas un ang mga pinagawa ko sa mga helpers, tinuruan ko na lang cla. Ang dame sobra sa mga napump na nilagay na lang namen sa stock room ng venue and yung iba kinalat n lang namn sa floor and ang rami rin nauwe ng mga helpers for their kids. At around 11:30 tapos na kme, nakalagay na lahat. Yung balloons na nagawa ko I think (I think ah) nasa 20,000 ang price kung ipapagawa ko pa sa mga party planners so ang laki talaga ng natipid ko kaya nga lang super pagod but then labor of love naman.

Arts4Love: Styro Backdrop packaged with the glitter tattoo
Rate: P7,000.00
Contact Number: 4384212/09152221082
Maganda naman ang setup nila kaya lang nalate sila. Usapan 10AM ang dating nila pro mga 12nn na sila dumating, e mejo dependent sa kanila ang ibang balloon decors ko and position ng cake table, souvenirs, prizes. Tama naman ang name na nakalagay sa backdrop and yung entrance styro ok rin naman, and same ng napagusapan namen. Ok rin yung nagglitter tattoo khit indi gaano nagssmile pro neat naman si ate. Sulit na ito kc sila na ang cheapest na nakita ko na nagproprovide ng backdrop.

5th Element: Lights and Sounds
Rate: P3,500.00
Contact Number: 09177392444/9860070
Maganda yung lights nila and pati yung mga songs nila swak rin sa party. Sayang nga lang indi ko napa-on yung bubble machine. Super nanghinayang.. heheh.. Kaya ko nga cla kinuha e kc may free na bubble machine rental. Di ko na talga naalala to dahil super puno na ang venue and people are coming in non-stop sayang talaga di na-on. On time rin ang dating nila sa napagusapan.

Mark Nakpil as our Photographer
Rate: P6,500.00 (with 20 pages story book na to)
Contact Number: 09295841308
Early naman cna Mark so nakuhaan naman yung venue before dumating yung mga guests.. heheh his wife is my bff, so bff price pla to. Super picture lang ng picture and after the event dinaan na nila agad ang mga CDs containing the pictures. Cant wait for the story book.

Fortys Party Shop: Kiddie Chairs
Rate:  P500.00 for 50 kiddie chairs and 1 kiddie table for the glitter tattoo
Contact Number: 8752156/09174140760
Occupied lahat ng kiidie chairs sa dami ba naman ng kids. Around 70 or 80 kids sila. And take note ah hyper ang mga kids na to. Heheh.. Ang downside lang is pickup lang ang chairs nila pro ok lang, near lang naman cla sa venue and maaayos naman ang mga chairs.. mapuputi. Gusto ko sana with tables pra dun na kain ang mga kids, kaya lang, d na kasya sa venue.

Souvenir: Mugs
Rate:  P2,500.00 for 80 mugs and ribbons
Contact Number: DIY ba to considered?
Binili lang namen ang mga mugs sa Uniwide then nilagyan lang namen ng mga ribbons. We want sana mga baby rabbits kaya lang wala kme makitang supplier and then we realized na mugs na lang para hindi na rin gaano mabigat sa bulsa. We placed na lang ng ribbons and the tags.

Invitation: DIY
Rate: P20/invitation and P35/invitation with map for printing
Natuto rin ako ng konti magphotoshop, o diba, mga 12 hours kong ginawa itong layout ng invitation. Nagsearch na lang sa internet ng mga how-to. Pro I like the outcome. Yung printing laser printing raw ito, hheh di ko lam un pro the outcome is really different than the usual prints.

Cupcakes and Cake: DIY
Rate: approximately P1,000.00 for 70 cupcakes; P700.00 for the cake and design; P450.00 for the cupcake tower
Bumili lang ng mga ingredients sa grocery for the cupcakes then yung cake is White Forest ng Red Ribbon then placed Sleeping Beauty princess on top (Sachies favorite princess) and some sprinklers. I bought the cupcake tower sa malapit samen na baking needs store, then placed the pink ribbon around sa layers. Pinili ko yung White forest para match sa gagawen kong icing ng cuppies so ok rin naman. Ayaw na kc namen maginvest pa sa cake.

Len Peralta: Host, Magician, Ventriloquist all in 1
Rate: P5,000.00 with tip
Ang ganda ng ginawa nya sa party and nahandle nya yung dame ng mga kids. Sabi nila magaling raw pro sayang hindi ako nakapay attention sa kanya. Pro from my guests feedback mukhang super ok sya. Originally pla is si Olga ang host ko pro nasa Zambo raw sya so si Len na lang raw. Actually nadisappoint ako pro buti na lang ok rin ang hosting ni Len na nirecommend ni Olga. Maputi and bagay sa kanya ang Snowhite costume. Two thumbs up for her. Super talented.

Lootbags, lootbag contents and prizes from Divilandia
Rate: P10,000.00
Sayang hindi ko napicturan yung contents ng loots pro for girls may super nice princess pen, chupa chups, cotton candy, stationery set (with eraser, pencil, mini notebook, ruler and glue) and wallet. For the boys, Ben10 naman, stationery set rin, super nice Ben10 pen, chupa chups, cotton candy and authograph or tumutunog na phone. I have lots of prizes for the kids, around 80 and 15 prizes for the adults, kaya siguro nahyper ang mga kids dahil sa mga prizes.

Sachies gown and dresses
Rate: P2,000.00
We bought the pink gown sa Divilandia for 600.00 lang, then bumili ng parang handbag then bumili ng 2 dresses for Sachie at Chicammy in Market Market. Mas mahal pa ang mga dresses kaysa sa gown, but I really like Chicammy, sayang nga lang hindi na nasuot ni Sachie yung isa pang pink polka dots na dress kasi nalimutan ko na, ito sana ang outfit nya sa pagblow ng candle until uwian.

Ewan ko kung may nalimutan ako.. heheh.. so far all went well naman except nagkaroon talaga ng seating capacity issue but yung food sakto lang, nasave kme ng mga carts. Its super super fun and the kids naman yung nagenjoy and most importantly my unica hija.  :)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:05:32 AM by jhoygeron »

glam_o_momma

• Obsessive-Compulsive Mom/Wife/Daughter/Friend and
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Gifts Ahoy! Made by Hand. Done with Love.
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 02:07:25 PM »
Hello everyone!

Hope you all enjoyed the holidays!

As for our family, December is super busy not only because of the holidays, but also because 5 days before Christmas is our darling Gabbie's birthday.

After her big 7th birthday celebration last year, we opted to make her 8th birthday party intimate.  We decided to host merienda for her closest friends, the ones she always has playdates with every Friday after school.

Here are some details and kwento:

THEME: CLUB PENGUIN

*Gabbie loves playing Club Penguin and since it was Christmas time, we thought it would be a perfect theme.

DATE: December 20, 2010
     *Good thing that her birthday always falls just when school's out for Christmas vacation.  So even though it was a Monday, her friends were able to come.:)

VENUE: Flapjacks, Greenbelt 2

*I had one side of the resto reserved for us.  I specifically requested for the entire wall where their long bench is.  I loved the fact that the staff were so accommodating and patient with us.  Kahit 10 kids lang, malilikot pa rin! Hahaha! Pero masaya naman.  Another reason why we chose this place was their all-day breakfast menu which our guests liked, too.  Plus, the place is kid-friendly!

TIME: 4:00pm - onwards

*Since we chose to have our party in the afternoon, we practically had the whole place to ourselves! 

CAKE: KITCHEN KRAFTS - P 1,120.00

*Months then weeks before her birthday, di pa rin maka-decide si Gabbie on her theme.  When Kitchen Krafts called me up the Friday before her birthday, that was the only time Gabbie finally decided na Club Penguin ang theme nya.  She initially wanted Despicable Me sana, kaso too late na daw sabi ng KK and wala silang nagagawa pang ganung theme.  So I asked what they have na madaling gawin and good thing meron silang Club Penguin.  My daughter loved her cake! She was so amazed to have Rockhopper and the other Club Penguin characters and snowflakes on her cake.  By the way, I decided to get a 1 layer na styro cake instead of the real one kasi di naman namin nakakain yung cake.  I opted na lang for 10 cookie lollipops for the kids to eat after the candle blowing.  Another thing about the cake, Flapjacks required me to address a letter to the Manager informing them that I was bringing in a cake.  They didn't charge me anything, buti na lang.=)

FOOD: FLAPJACKS, P 5,000++

*There were 11 adults, 10 kids, and 5 yayas.  Hubby was so happily surprised when he settled the bill because it was waaaay below than what we initially budgeted.  Busog na busog pa mga guests namin ha! Malalaki kasi servings sa Flapjacks, and may kasamang desserts and coffee pa yun.=)

ACTIVITY: SNOWFLAKE CUTTING/COLORING PAGES/SLAMBOOK; P 180++

*Gabbie recently learned how to cut snowflakes in Art Class sa school so I told her we could make it as an activity sa birthday nya.  Bagay naman sa theme namin na Club Penguin.  So we got different colors of paper sa National Bookstore and scissors; and Gabbie brought her various coloring materials and stickers.  Then, my sister printed out coloring pages from the Club Penguin website for the younger kids to do.  For the snowflakes, we told the kids to make 2; one for them, then one for Gabbie as a souvenir.  While others waited for their turn sa scissors or sa crayons, Gabbie kept them busy filling out her Total Girl slambook, which was her Tita's birthday gift given to her the night before.  Parang yun na rin yung guestbook nya.

GIVEAWAYS:  PENGUIN DOLL/STATIONERY/PENCIL with ERASER, P 1,900++

*A day before Gabbie's birthday, I set out to scour the mall for whatever items na bagay sa theme namin na I can find para sa lootbags.  I was worried na wala akong makikita kasi nga super late na kami nag-decide on the theme.  While I was buying gifts sa Rustan's, I saw these Lisa Frank pencils topped with varying shapes of erasers.  May Christmas Tree, reindeer, Santa Claus and, what do you know! Penguins!  Ginanahan ako when I saw them so I got a lot.  For P 30.00 each, go!  Then, sa Glorietta, Gift Factory set up an additional kiosk where I saw a bunch of cute penguin plushies hanging.  For P 125 each, pinakyaw ko na rin, hihi.  And then sa Landmark naman, swerteng may nakita akong packs of penguin-themed stationeries.  Satisfied with the contents for our lootbags, I decided to get some snowflake-looking printed plastic from Cooks Exchange.  Et voila! Cute penguin giveaways!=)

PHOTO/VIDEO: me, my sister and hubby + our friends who were there na mahilig din mag-picture, hihi.

BIRTHDAY OUTFIT: Dress by Dollie & Me; Baby Fashionistas shoes, P 1,099.00

*Gabbie's dress was a gift from her grandparents.  It's by Dollie & Me and it came with the exact same version, only smaller, for Gabbie's doll.  Her shoes, from Mommy and Daddy.  We got it from Baby Fashionistas in Eastwood Mall.

All in all, I would say that Gabbie's 8th birthday celebration was great!  Wala masyadong hassle and pressure, and di masyadong magulo.  Our friends were surprised to learn na the day before ko lang inayos lahat.  Gabbie was so happy, too.  Thank you nang thank you!  Hihi!

Nakakatuwa talagang mag-prepare ng party for our kids lalo na when they know already how to show and verbalize their appreciation.=)

By the way, here are some pics of Gabbie's 8th birthday:
http://welovegabbie.multiply.com/photos/album/29/Gabbies_Club_Penguin_8th_Birthday

maryodette

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm a mom & wife. Frustrated baker & singer.
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 09:57:42 PM »
CHLOE MARIE'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY
Theme: Tinkerbelle
Date: January 23, 2011
Time: 2:00 pm

Venue:  J'S NATURE GARDEN
              Dandelion St., cor. Baby's Breath Sts., Rainbow Vill. 3, Las Pinas City
              Rate: P4,500 (9am to 6pm) addt'l P500 if outside caterer- total of P 5000
              http://jsgarden.multiply.com/
- saw this place at multiply... medyo mahirap syang hanapin.... kung di ka taga-las pinas, malilito ka... buti na lang may location map sa multiply site nila... inedit ko para magkaron ng tinkerbelle & chloe's pictures sa map... ayun ok naman.... medyo meron din mga bisitang naligaw pero nahanap naman nila.... good thing mabait ang may-ari... 7am nandun na ang caterer ko... kahit 9am pa start namin, pinapasok naman nila...  buti na lang ang venue ko nagcompliment sa theme namin... may tree house, swimming pool.. cottage... garden set up.... perfect for neverland theme....  ;D

Caterer:   ROSEBEY CATERING AND PARTY NEEDS
                  Adults: 130     kids: 30
                  Rate: P185/ adult & P 100/ kid + 10% service charge= P 30,000
                  http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000400620814
- na-impressed ako sa set up nila sa storyland (accredited sila)... kaya sila ang una kong tinawagan... mabait kausap si Ms. Rose (owner)...medyo mahirap lang makipag-appointment sa kanya kasi busy sya sa church nila.... madami freebies ang package nya...like: chocolate fountain, 2 pillars balloons at pwede i-costumized ang menu...included na rin ang tables & chairs, kiddie chairs & balloon centerpiece... yun lang ikaw ang pupunta sa place nya for meetings and food tasting.... located sila sa golen gate village, las pinas... and bait ng mga waiters na pinadala nya sakin... kasi very particular ako sa set up... gusto ko presentable... plus sa lasa ng food dapat di ako mapahiya.... masarap ang food especially beef caldereta... these are my menus:
     Adult: steamed pandan, baked mac, beef caldereta, roast pork, chicken fillet, steamed veggies, peach-mango jello, 1 round softdrinks
     Kids: spaghetti, chciken finger, hotdog & sweetham on stick, orange-mango juice

Cake:   TJ's BAKESHOP
              Rate: P2,400
              http://tjscakes.multiply.com/
-accredited sila ni Rosebey catering... pero kinausap ko sila directly para makamura ako at costumized ang cake ni baby.... mabait din kausap si Ms. Tess (owner)... ginawa nyang 2 layers ang top ng cake tower instead of 1 layer lang... kasi super like ko ang design nya tinkerbelle cake.... i added 75 pcs cup cakes... 3 colors lang lahat (yellow, green & pink) para nasa motiff... then i requested for fondant name (CHLOE)... my husband picked up the cake... addt'l P300 for delivery... sayang din yun... masarap cake nila... di masyado matamis and my choco fudge pa sa loob...  ;D

Host:   PAOLO SAMONTE & CO.
             Rate: P5,200 (service only) + P700 (tip) = P 6,000
- sa kanya ako natakot at first, dahil ang daming negative feedback... medyo matagal din sya sagot sa mga text ko... dumating pa sa point na gusto ko ng magpalit ng host 1day before the event... kasi im afraid baka di sya sumipot... i wanted to get Ms. Lhen na nga... pero sabi ng husband ko, based sa mga comments sa SP na pinabasa ko sa kanya, mukhang ok naman si paolo s.... matagal lang magreply sa text... sabi nya itry ko daw iremind for the last time... kung hindi magreply, magpalit na kami.... pero luckyly, nagreply sya na wag ako magworry at sisipot sila.... i also reminded him na no foul language at english communication only... medyo particular kasi kami sa good communication dahil sa hotel kami work... mukhang natakot yata sya, kaya di sya ang naghost... may kinuha syang friend nya.... magaling yun at ganda ang diction... balak din tuloy silang kunin sa hotel namin for easter party celebration... si paolo, taga supervise lang at taga pictures... he gave me 2 pillars of balloons & unlimited photos (ordinary digicam used) as freebies... ito ang package ko sa kanya:     - host/ magician, balloon sculpting, bubble machine, face paint
pinaka patok ang bubble machine, nahyper ang mga bata sa bubbles pati baby ko tuwang-tuwa... ;D

Foodcart:   SWEET SERVICE
                    http://sweetservices.multiply.com/
                    Rate: FIC (P3000/ 100 servings) and French fries (P2,700/ 100 servings) = P5,700
- I remember dito ko sa SP nalaman about their service... mabait din si Ms. Odette (owner), kapangalan ko pa... i got FIC (fruits in ice cream) & french fries. 2 hours lang ubos na... ang sarap daw sabi ng visitors... wala kasi akong natikman, dahil sobrang busy...  ;D

Lootbag/ Pinata/ Prizes/ Souvenirs: DIVILANDIA= P5000
- kailangan magtyaga kang maglibot para makakita ng mura at kakaibang items...Patience is a virtue mga sis... magdala ng listahan para di mag-over budget... ako kasi parang na-aliw sa mga tinda dun kaya, kuha lang kuha... hehe... napamahal tuloy...  ;

Lootbag & Pinata's Food Content: LANDMARK AND SM = P 3000
- di ko sila sabay-sabay binili, kada punta ko bili ng konti... kaya andami nung naipon ko... nagdagdag din kasi kami ng dippings for chocolate buffet...  ;D

Tarp/ Baloons/ Invites: Divilandia = P2000
- ako nag lay out, sa Divi ang print...sa Balloonderitas & balloon on stick, kami nag-inflate with my cousins  ;D

Tinkerbelle Costume: Divilandia (Tabora side) = P750 w/ wings
- doon sa mga tindahan ng gown sa loob ko nabili yung costume last november pa... medyo uso nun ang halloween costume kaya madaming ako choices...  ;D

Photo Service:   KBA Photography
                             Rate: P1,700 service only
- suki nila ako... sila din kinuha ko last baptismal ni baby at sila kuha namin sa hotel pag may event kami....  ;D

Here's some party details... official photos soon...  ;D
http://s1025.photobucket.com/albums/y315/odette-chloe/chloe/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Life is to short. Follow your heart's desire. God is always good all the time. :)
http://odettepm.blogspot.com/

cind3r3lla

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 02:21:16 AM »
Hi mga sis!  Here are the pics of my Sofia's 1st birthday party held at Tektite Auditorium last October 24, 2010.  ;D

http://iluvsofia.multiply.com/photos/album/1/Sofias_1st_Birthday

Thank you gt moms!  Halos dito sa gt ko nakuha lahat ng mga party ideas and suppliers.  Lab lab lab!  ;D

congrats sa napakagandang party! sis, ask ko lang, ano yung food na nasa eggshell? hehe. curiosity... cute eh.
...a princess seeking more happy ever afters...

razzlered

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 10:38:22 AM »
Nice ng DIY balloon decors mo sis jhoygeron, congrats!

maryodette

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm a mom & wife. Frustrated baker & singer.
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »
CHLOE MARIE'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY
Theme: Tinkerbelle
Date: January 23, 2011
Time: 2:00 pm

Venue:  J'S NATURE GARDEN
              Dandelion St., cor. Baby's Breath Sts., Rainbow Vill. 3, Las Pinas City
              Rate: P4,500 (9am to 6pm) addt'l P500 if outside caterer- total of P 5000
              http://jsgarden.multiply.com/
- saw this place at multiply... medyo mahirap syang hanapin.... kung di ka taga-las pinas, malilito ka... buti na lang may location map sa multiply site nila... inedit ko para magkaron ng tinkerbelle & chloe's pictures sa map... ayun ok naman.... medyo meron din mga bisitang naligaw pero nahanap naman nila.... good thing mabait ang may-ari... 7am nandun na ang caterer ko... kahit 9am pa start namin, pinapasok naman nila...  buti na lang ang venue ko nagcompliment sa theme namin... may tree house, swimming pool.. cottage... garden set up.... perfect for neverland theme....  ;D

Caterer:   ROSEBEY CATERING AND PARTY NEEDS
                  Adults: 130     kids: 30
                  Rate: P185/ adult & P 100/ kid + 10% service charge= P 30,000
                  http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000400620814
- na-impressed ako sa set up nila sa storyland (accredited sila)... kaya sila ang una kong tinawagan... mabait kausap si Ms. Rose (owner)...medyo mahirap lang makipag-appointment sa kanya kasi busy sya sa church nila.... madami freebies ang package nya...like: chocolate fountain, 2 pillars balloons at pwede i-costumized ang menu...included na rin ang tables & chairs, kiddie chairs & balloon centerpiece... yun lang ikaw ang pupunta sa place nya for meetings and food tasting.... located sila sa golen gate village, las pinas... and bait ng mga waiters na pinadala nya sakin... kasi very particular ako sa set up... gusto ko presentable... plus sa lasa ng food dapat di ako mapahiya.... masarap ang food especially beef caldereta... these are my menus:
     Adult: steamed pandan, baked mac, beef caldereta, roast pork, chicken fillet, steamed veggies, peach-mango jello, 1 round softdrinks
     Kids: spaghetti, chciken finger, hotdog & sweetham on stick, orange-mango juice

Cake:   TJ's BAKESHOP
              Rate: P2,400
              http://tjscakes.multiply.com/
-accredited sila ni Rosebey catering... pero kinausap ko sila directly para makamura ako at costumized ang cake ni baby.... mabait din kausap si Ms. Tess (owner)... ginawa nyang 2 layers ang top ng cake tower instead of 1 layer lang... kasi super like ko ang design nya tinkerbelle cake.... i added 75 pcs cup cakes... 3 colors lang lahat (yellow, green & pink) para nasa motiff... then i requested for fondant name (CHLOE)... my husband picked up the cake... addt'l P300 for delivery... sayang din yun... masarap cake nila... di masyado matamis and my choco fudge pa sa loob...  ;D

Host:   PAOLO SAMONTE & CO.
             Rate: P5,200 (service only) + P700 (tip) = P 6,000
- sa kanya ako natakot at first, dahil ang daming negative feedback... medyo matagal din sya sagot sa mga text ko... dumating pa sa point na gusto ko ng magpalit ng host 1day before the event... kasi im afraid baka di sya sumipot... i wanted to get Ms. Lhen na nga... pero sabi ng husband ko, based sa mga comments na pinabasa ko sa kanya, mukhang ok naman si paolo s.... matagal lang magreply sa text... sabi nya itry ko daw iremind for the last time... kung hindi magreply, magpalit na kami.... pero luckyly, nagreply sya na wag ako magworry at sisipot sila.... i also reminded him na no foul language at english communication only... medyo particular kasi kami sa good communication dahil sa hotel kami work... mukhang natakot yata sya, kaya di sya ang naghost... may kinuha syang friend nya.... magaling yun at ganda ang diction... balak din tuloy silang kunin sa hotel namin for easter party celebration... si paolo, taga supervise lang at taga pictures... he gave me 2 pillars of balloons & unlimited photos (ordinary digicam used) as freebies... ito ang package ko sa kanya:     - host/ magician, balloon sculpting, bubble machine, face paint
pinaka patok ang bubble machine, nahyper ang mga bata sa bubbles pati baby ko tuwang-tuwa... ;D

Foodcart:   SWEET SERVICE
                    http://sweetservices.multiply.com/
                    Rate: FIC (P3000/ 100 servings) and French fries (P2,700/ 100 servings) = P5,700
- mabait din si Ms. Odette (owner), kapangalan ko pa... i got FIC (fruits in ice cream) & french fries. 2 hours lang ubos na... ang sarap daw sabi ng visitors... wala kasi akong natikman, dahil sobrang busy...  ;D

Lootbag/ Pinata/ Prizes/ Souvenirs: DIVILANDIA= P5000
- kailangan magtyaga kang maglibot para makakita ng mura at kakaibang items...Patience is a virtue mga sis... magdala ng listahan para di mag-over budget... ako kasi parang na-aliw sa mga tinda dun kaya, kuha lang kuha... hehe... napamahal tuloy...  ;

Lootbag & Pinata's Food Content: LANDMARK AND SM = P 3000
- di ko sila sabay-sabay binili, kada punta ko bili ng konti... kaya andami nung naipon ko... nagdagdag din kasi kami ng dippings for chocolate buffet...  ;D

Tarp/ Baloons/ Invites: Divilandia = P2000
- ako nag lay out, sa Divi ang print...sa Balloonderitas & balloon on stick, kami nag-inflate with my cousins  ;D

Tinkerbelle Costume: Divilandia (Tabora side) = P750 w/ wings
- doon sa mga tindahan ng gown sa loob ko nabili yung costume last november pa... medyo uso nun ang halloween costume kaya madaming ako choices...  ;D

Photo Service:   KBA Photography
                             Rate: P1,700 service only
- suki nila ako... sila din kinuha ko last baptismal ni baby at sila kuha namin sa hotel pag may event kami....  ;D

Here's some party details... official photos soon...  ;D
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=2067588&id=1600145390&fbid=1554047423351
Life is to short. Follow your heart's desire. God is always good all the time. :)
http://odettepm.blogspot.com/

jhoygeron

• Probationary
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »
Nice ng DIY balloon decors mo sis jhoygeron, congrats!

thanks sis.. super pagod pro super worth it :)

luv

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 08:38:54 AM »
Zoe's 3rd birthday
Disney Musical
January 23, 2011
3-7pm

Venue:  Hampton Court

Hampton Court is located in Hillsborough, Alabang.  It's a huge venue, around 700 sqm, with a capacity of 300 pax.

One of the advantages of a venue near your house is that you are not pressed for time.  There's no travel time that you have to take into consideration.  Anytime you want to visit the place, you can easily do so.  I think I have checked the venue more than 5x before the party date and 2x during ingress.  ;D

On the other hand, the venue is a little bit old.  Although it has been recently renovated, I think more renovation works are needed particularly the pantry area.

Overall, it's a good venue for big parties.  The place did not look cramped with the buffet tables, food carts and activities.  There was enough parking space and the area was well-secured.

Venue dress-up:  Kidstar Kastles
full styro backdrop, entrance welcome signage, helium-filled balloons for the table centerpieces, swags, ceiling balloon decors, assorted signages, 2 pairs of balloon columns

When planning Zoe's party, Kidstar Kastles is my non-negotiable.  That's why for the 3rd straight year, they did the venue dress-up of Zoe's party.

What I like about Imma is she can work on your budget plus give you more.  For this party, I did not ask for a new backdrop (which I have done in our previous parties) so we can allot more balloons for the decors.  Since Hampton Court is a big venue, I wanted to have more balloons so the venue wouldn't look bare.  But Imma really surprised me when she informed me a few days before the party that she made a new backdrop for Zoe.  I was ecstatic!  :D

The day of the party came and I was happy and satisfied with the decors.  The venue looked colorful and the atmosphere was very festive.  The backdrop was beautiful and Zoe's eyes literally grew big when she saw all her favorite characters. :D

During the party, Imma called to check if everything was ok.  I did not get to see her when she dropped by earlier.  And she didn't stay long coz she had to check on the other parties.  I think they had like 6 parties that day!  I told Imma that I was happy with the decors.  She said that she didn't realize the place was that big and the original number of balloons were not enough to fill-up the venue.  So she had to add more balloons at no extra cost!  It was really nice of Imma.  :D

Kidstar Kastles has many satisfied clients.  And I think all of us, satisfied clients, would agree that aside from the beautiful backdrops and balloon decors they make, it's their professionalism that stands out.  I believe that's important to succeed and stay long in this business.  :)

Caterer:  Passion Cooks

Adult Buffet Menu

Oriental Salad with Crispy Catfish and Mango-Tomato Salsa
Baked Lasagna Verde
Chicken Galantine
Roast Pork with Orange Marmalade
Steamed Rice

Kiddie Plated Menu

Cheese Sticks with Thousand Island Dip
Pizza Bread
Pork Barbecue
Baked Macaroni

theme upgrade: buffet backdrop and table centerpieces

Loved the set-up Maja did especially the lighted buffet backdrop and centerpieces!  And the food were yummy!  My personal faves were the Oriental Salad and Chicken Galantine.

But what I liked most was Maja's personalized service.  She was really hands on.  From the menu planning up to the party day itself, she was there to make sure that everything was ok.  She helped me with the set-up of the candy and dessert buffet eventhough I did not get the dessert from them.  I even got to borrow some of their dessert platters.  And her wait staff were the ones refilling the candy jars and dessert platters :D

This what distinguishes Passion Cooks from the rest, their impeccable customer service.  Whether it's a big wedding or a small kiddie party,  Maja treats every party with the same great customer service of which they are known for.

I wouldn't think twice in getting them again for the 3rd time or recommending them to family and friends.  ;D

Host:  Jiggles

For Zoe's 3rd birthday, I decided not to have a magic show.  We had ventrillusion and magic show in her previous parties and this time I wanted something different for our guests.

I learned about Jiggles the Balloon Lady through one of the GT moms and I started researching about her on the net.  When I saw the pics of her creative balloon sculptures and read about the great reviews about her, I decided to book her immediately.  Luckily, she was available on our preferred date.

The day of the party came and she arrived 30 mins before the start of the party.  I was a bit worried that she will come in late because she already informed me before that she will be coming from another party in Greenmeadows.  Good thing it was a Sunday and she was already in the venue before the first set of guests arrived.

Jiggles was a refreshing surprise to our guests.  She hosted the party  and facilitated lively games for everyone.  The kids were really excited to join the games and even the adults joined in the fun as well.  But highlight was her balloon show!  It was really amazing!  She wowed the guests with her out of the ordinary balloon creations which everyone wanted to take home.  She made balloon characters like Elmo, Nemo, ballerina, those little green characters from Despicable Me etc.

So if you're tired of the usual magic show and you want to treat your guests to an extraordinary show, then Jiggles is the answer to your party.  :D

Cakes, Cupcakes and Dessert Trays:  Joy San Gabriel

I've always wanted to try Joy San Gabriel's cake so I decided to get her for Zoe's 3rd birthday cake.

I met with Joy in her culinary studio to discuss the details of Zoe's cake.  I told her that I wanted a simple blowing cake and a cupcake tower.  So she suggested an 8" mock cake converted into 80 petite cupcakes.  Then came the hard part, choosing the flavors.  She gave me a cake sampler where I got to taste the different flavors.  I had a hard time deciding which ones I like because all the flavors were yummy!  But the ones that stood out were the carrot cake, blueberry cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, coffee and kilauiea.  I decided on carrot cake, blueberry cheesecake, strawberry shortcake and coffee for the petites.  I liked kilauiea but it's more like an adult flavor so I included it in the dessert trays along with blueberry, carrot and revel bars.

I've tried other cake suppliers and I can say Joy San Gabriel is more on the expensive side.  But you can never go wrong with the taste and quality.  All the guests raved about the dessert trays and cupcakes.  I would definitely get Joy San Gabriel again in our future events.  :D

Photo/Video:  Thor Production Kids

When I started planning Zoe's 3rd birthday, there's no question in my mind that Thor will be the videographer.  I was happy with the video he did for Zoe's 2nd that I had to get him again.  I also availed of their photo with album package.

A week or so before the party, Thor and Carmela informed me that they have an out of town shoot a day before the party and they had a hard time booking a flight home.  It was only Thor who got a ticket and he will be arriving the morning of the party.  Carmela was very apologetic but she assured me that she will be sending 2 of their best photographers and that she will upgrade my album.

The 2 photographers arrived early and Thor followed soon after.  They were masipag in taking shots of the different party details.  They were also patient with Zoe, who was not in the mood early in the party.  Carmela promised that she will be sending the official photos by Saturday.  I hope the pics turn out ok.  Thor, on the other hand, I know will do another great video for Zoe.  :D

Musical Entertainment:  Mini Musical by Clowning Around

The mini musical was one of the highlights of the party.  It was a 40-minute musical concert by theater performers.  We actually had 3 performers, 2 girls and 1 boy, who sang songs from Hannah Montana (Rockstar, You'll always find your way back home), High School Musical (We're all in this together, You are the music in me, What I've been looking for) and Camp Rock (We Rock, This is me).  Everyone enjoyed it especially Zoe who was happy watching them sing her favorite songs.  :D

It was also interactive.  There was a portion called the dance-along where they called the kids up on the stage and taught them the dance steps of Hoedown Throwdown from the Hannah Montana movie.  Zoe was shy nga lang to join them.  :)

The mini musical was really entertaining and the performers were great.  I highly recommend them for parties with musical themes.  :D

Side Entertainment:  Creative Party Salon

I'e always liked their set-up and I find their package affordable that's why I got them again for Zoe's 3rd.  For the price of Php5.5k, it's very sulit already.  Too bad nga lang coz I really wanted the hanging tent set-up since we had the regular tents last year.  Di lang pwede sa venue.  Here's the package that I availed:

Services:  face painting, glitter and jewel tattoo, hair art and nail art
Set-up:  1 pink vanity lighted dresser, 1 pink vanity lighted mirror with table, 2 tents

Caricaturist:  Jakin Martinez

He is the brother of Maja of Passion Cooks.  When Maja told me about him and offered his services, I welcomed the idea and thought of it as a nice addition to our side entertainment. 

Jakin brought with him print out papers with the bodies of different Disney characters and he drew the faces of the guests on the body of their chosen character.  Saw a lot of guests going to him and bringing home with them their caricature drawing.

Jakin made one for Zoe and it looked exactly like her!  ;D

Food Carts:  Twistix

I initially wanted Potato Corner.  But when I found out about this new craze, I decided to book Twistix instead to offer something new to our guests.  And I was right, it was hit!  ;D

Scramble King

Same with Twistix.  Another pinoy craze that our guests loved!  :D

Candy and Dessert Buffet:  DIY  ;D

I was intent on getting a supplier for the candy and dessert buffet but it was Joy San Gabriel who "inspired" me to do it on my own.  She gave me tips on how to do it, what materials to use and where to buy the things that I'll be needing.  She even showed me pics of her client's party where the candy buffet was also DIY.  This got me excited so I forego my plan on getting a supplier and decided to do it on my own.  :D  First thing I did was to look for pictures of candy and dessert buffets from the net.  Then I read different forums to get tips and ideas from fellow moms.  When I sort of had an idea on how I would want our buffet to look like, I proceeded to buy the jars and containers.

I went to different department stores like SM, Rustan's even Uniwide and as far as Dapitan Arcade to look for the perfect jars.  I was able to buy some jars in Landmark and I also found containers at the Japan discount store.  But it was a store along Katipunan Road (White Plains side) called Country Affair where I found jars and containers of different shapes and sizes at very reasonable prices.  I bought the rest of the jars there.  The other candy containers and dessert platters used were those found in our kitchen and borrowed from Passion Cooks, our caterer.

A few days before the party, I bought the chocolates and mallows from Chocolate Lovers.  The lollies, wafer sticks, gum balls and soft candies were from Pure Gold in Alabang.  The Trolli gummy bears and gummy worms were bought in SM.

For the dessert buffet, I ordered trays of kilauiea, blueberry cheesecake, carrot cake and revel bars from Joy San Gabriel.  We also had cream puffs from Conti's, cupcakes from Blushing Cupcakes and mini donuts from Krispy Kreme.

As expected, the candy and dessert buffet was a hit during the party!  I'm happy that everyone loved the arrangement and the sweets and goodies.  I think everyone went home with sugar overload that day.  ;D  Special thanks to Maja of Passion Cooks for helping me with the arrangement.  :)

Invitation:  Kidstar Kastles 

Movie clapper invites to go with the theme.  :D

Giveaways/Souvenirs:  Personalized Picks

It was a breeze dealing with Catherine.  :)  The transaction was finished in a matter of days and mostly done through email.  When there was a slight problem with the shipping and delivery of the lunch bags, Catherine was very efficient and helpful in making sure that I get the package in time for the party. 

I liked the finished product.  The printing was nicely done and the stitching was pulido.  I wouldn't think twice in getting Personalized Picks again for our future parties.  :D

Prizes and Loots:  Anding's and Divi Mall

Zoe's dress:  Baby Fashionistas

I wanted a Hannah Montana dress for Zoe and I decided on 2 outfits that she wore from the movie.  The 1st one that I liked was a sequined dress that Hannah wore during the 1st part of the movie.  Prim gave me a quotation for that which was way beyond my budget.  Quite understandably coz it's kinda tedious to make it.

For the 2nd dress, Prim gave a quotation within my budget, so I decided on the second one.  I also thought that this dress is more versatile and Zoe can wear this on other occasions.

When I saw the finished dress, it was the exact replica of Hannah Montana's dress.  Super loved it!  Kuhang-kuha talaga!  And when Zoe tried it on, it fit her perfectly well.  I just asked the seamstress to put a little allowance because Zoe has a tendency to get irritated if the dress is exacto lang.

Mama's outfit:  Debbie Co

Debbie is my go-to designer for last minute fashion fixes.  :D

Papa's outfit:  from his closet  ;D

Mama's hair and make-up:  Cathy Cantada

Sound System:  Kidstar Kastles

Supplier's food:  CCME

Will post pics as soon as I get the official photos from Thor.  :D

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:21:06 AM by luv »

ron's_little_bb

• A daughter, a Wife & a mom of 3 :)
  • Super GirlTalker
Signature edited.

kreez

• Super GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
congrats mga sis for your successful party!

princess lorraine

• a loving wife and mom:)
  • Super GirlTalker
Thank You Lord for my beautiful little princess Lorraine Janelle:)

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 12:19:27 PM »
sis luv, if you don't mind me asking, how much is the rate of your caricature artist?

luv

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »
^I got the promotional rate of 2k.  Normal rate is 3.5k.  :)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
^ Love, congratulations on Zoe's party!  I really look forward to reading your birthday stories. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.