Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 26 OCT 14
Worried about your performance at work? Find a mentor and ask for guidance. Learning from a senior will help you get better at your job.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Favorite Quotes/Lines..  (Read 15743 times)

pinkk

• Life's a beach, ride with the waves~
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7UaG03Zgg&feature=related
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 07:12:43 AM »
Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy.
Lao Tzu

polymath2012

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 08:59:37 AM »
"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." -- Andre Gide, Autumn Leaves

"Its hard to say goodbye to the place you've lived. It can be as hard as saying goodbye to a person." -- Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

"A boy who won't stand up for himself becomes a man who can't stand up for anything." -- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner

"Im so afraid. Because i'm so profoundly happy. Happiness like this is frightening...They only let you this happy if they're preparing to take something from you." -- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner

"Fools talk, coward silent, wise men listen." -- Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Shadow of the Wind

"Dont be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you." -- Dale Carnegie , How to Win Friends and Influence People

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view --- until you climb into his skin and walk around in it," -- Lee Harper, To Kill a Mockingbird
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:08:54 AM by polymath2012 »
Ignorance is bliss.

anmar

• Love my son so much. Love u BB Basti.
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »
'THE HEART ALWAYS WINS out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on its own, always gets its way. The mind may be whats best, but I dont give a s*** what my mind is telling me anymore. Right now, I just want to live in the moment.' ~ Andrew from The Edge of Never
Food is FUEL not Therapy.
The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen!

pinkk

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »
:D
The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Bertrand Russe

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 03:27:33 AM »
‎"How did you find me?" he asked.

She was silent, for a while, in the moonlight. Then she said, "You are the nearest thing I have to life. You are the only thing I have left, the only thing that isn't bleak and flat and gray. I could be blindfolded and dropped into the deepest ocean and I would know where to find you. I could be buried a hundred miles underground and I would know where you are."

from Neil Gaiman's "American Gods"

i miss reading books na for fun/leisure lang. please magvacation na agad.  :-[
#cantbuyclass

pinkk

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 07:06:40 AM »
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.
Buddha

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:15:29 AM by pinkk »

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »
Another description of JZB (fever series by karen marie moning):

"I gape. Mac never told me what he looked like. I cant believe Mac never told me what he looked like. I cant stop staring. "Barrons?" i breathe. It has to be him. It cant be anybody else. This is what she lived with everyday? How can she stand it? How did she ever say "no" to him about anything?"

i just lurve the descriptions of barrons. talagang i can feel.  ;D
#cantbuyclass

wowry

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm so FLY!
    • DJ JAVA
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 07:34:41 AM »
But I believe in true love, you know? I don't believe that everybody gets to keep their eyes or not get sick or whatever, but everybody should have true love, and it should last at least as long as your life does. -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

"Pain demands to be felt" -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it's time for them to be hurt.
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

I don't know, there's something about you. Say there's an hourglass: the sand's about to run out. Someone like you can always be counted on to turn the thing over.
― Haruki Murakami, A Wild Sheep Chase
"I am not young but I feel young. The day I feel old, I will go to bed and stay there..I feel that to live is a wonderful thing" Coco Chanel
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-Java/57240247047?ref_type=bookmark

lovehatemanila

• Junior GirlTalker
    • SMDC.  SUN Residences.
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 03:37:20 AM »
"Live for me, Kitten.  Be all those things you'd never be with me.  Go to school.  Meet a normal boy and fall in love.  Forget me.  It's time for you to go, Kitten.  Time for us both, to go."
-Caleb to Livvie, Seduced in the Dark (Dark Duet Book 2) - CJ Roberts

Sobrang lalim ng story na to.  Sobrang twisted and extreme.  Ito lang ata yung story na nabasa ko na hindi nakakakilig, as in walang kilig moment, pero sobrang nakaka-inlove.

thansher01

• wahm. daughter. sister. chef wannabe. ebook lover & a certified
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 09:56:43 AM »
i know this line can be lame pero like ko talaga sya:

Je t'aime. Je t'adore. Veux-tu m'epouser? - Ryan Christensen LU2 by Tina Reber

gorgeous_me

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »
^love ko din yan, love ko din kasi si Ryan, haha, ang dami kong love na characters...ano ba yan

Do any human beings ever realize life, while they live it - every, every minute? - That Boy by Jillian Dodd

I've been here for you all along. I've listened to you cry about other guys, I rescue you, take care of you when you're sick, hug you when you're sad, tell you you're beautiful when you look terrible. Princess, I've always been the one.  - That Boy by Jillian Dodd

Love makes you feel out of control. I think that's how you know it's right.  - That Wedding by Jillian Dodd

....ay kinilig na naman ako, haha

thansher01

• wahm. daughter. sister. chef wannabe. ebook lover & a certified
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 11:12:50 AM »
^shocks! that Princess endearment ni Philip nakakakilig! ano ba yan! :)

eto pa mga like from my Top Ten Books of 2012

Ive always seen you, angel. From the moment you found me, Ive seen nothing but you.  - Gideon Cross - Bared To You

I'd rather argue with you, angel, then laugh with anyone else.  - Gideon Cross - Reflected In You

We can contemplate the meaning of your life all you want, but know that you're my meaning... the reason behind just about everything I do―and I would never want to change that. ~ Evan - Barely Breathing

When I touch you, Im touching you because I want to make you happy. When I kiss you, Im kissing you because you have the most incredible mouth Ive ever seen and you know I cant not kiss it. And when I make love to youIm doing exactly that. Im making love to you because Im in love with you.  by Holder - Hopeless
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:20:59 AM by thansher01 »

tree_blind_love

• GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 08:24:26 AM »
"Mabait ang guniguni, hindi marunong maghiganti. At ang pagtakas sa kasalukuyan ay di isang kaduwagan. Bagkus ito'y isang pagsisiyasat sa mga kagustuhang dala ng lumipas upang maituwid ang kinabukasan. Ang pagtakas, kung titignan sa ganitong pananaw, ay maipapalagay na isang pagsulong."

- Cirilo Bautista, Galaw ng Asoge (page 17)

gorgeous_me

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
Quote from: thansher01
We can contemplate the meaning of your life all you want, but know that you're my meaning... the reason behind just about everything I do―and I would never want to change that. ~ Evan - Barely Breathing

When I touch you, Im touching you because I want to make you happy. When I kiss you, Im kissing you because you have the most incredible mouth Ive ever seen and you know I cant not kiss it. And when I make love to youIm doing exactly that. Im making love to you because Im in love with you.  by Holder - Hopeless

I also loved that quote from Evan, hays...
Na-miss ko si Holder :)

toocrazy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2013, 11:17:49 PM »
Ultimately what pins me down to you is heart,
My love
Though hormones too
But mostly heart.
Isnt that, after all,
The art of it?
Does love not sprout from need?
But choice?

I dont just love you because I lack desire
For anyone else
I do because I do
Because you have all there is
to be desirous of

Angelo V. Suarez "Back to Back Showbiz Love Cycle"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:04:03 AM by toocrazy »
"I refuse to answer that on the grounds that I dont want to" -- Harvey Specter

tree_blind_love

• GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
Ultimately what pins me down to you is heart,
My love
Though hormones too
But mostly heart.
Isnt that, after all,
The art of it?
Does love not sprout from need?
But choice?

I dont just love you because I lack desire
For anyone else
I do because I do
Because you have all there is
to be desirous of

Angelo V. Suarez "Back to Back Showbiz Love Cycle"

Ito ba yung sa Nymph of MTV?  :)

katrinac

• Misis na
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Blogging Bride-to-Be
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:55 AM »
I love you. Remember. They cannot take it  - Delirium by Lauren Oliver
I cant have a life without you. I dont want a life without you.  - Providence by Jamie Mcguire
I belong to my beloved, and my beloved is mine. - Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire

gorgeous_me

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:15 PM »
Loneliness is amplified when everyone you know is busy talking to everyone but you. -  Adam (My Only by N.K Smith)

I was so lonely that I was practically nonexistent. I wished I wasnt. I wished my personality was one that made people gravitate toward me. I wished I knew what to say to people. I wished I knew how to just fit right in. I wished I could just be comfortable in social settings and be able to go after everything and anything I wanted. In short, I wished I was my brother. He was never lonely.  -  Adam (My Only by N.K Smith)

Olivia and Einstein were right. Energy never ceased to exist. It only changed.  -  Adam (My Only by N.K Smith)

Everyone dies. I felt my emotions, cried my tears, and then came to peace about it. You dont ever get over something like that, all you can do is embrace the experience and do your best to go on. - Olivia (My Only by N.K Smith)

entwife

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
'Do not scorn pity that is the gift of a gentle heart, Eowyn! But I do not offer you my pity. For you are a lady high and valiant and have yourself won renown that shall not be forgotten; and you are a lady beautiful, I deem, beyond even the words of the Elven-tongue to tell. And I love you. Once I pitied your sorrow. But now, were you sorrowless, without fear or any lack, were you the blissful Queen of Gondor, still I would love you. Eowyn, do you not love me?'

Then the heart of Eowyn changed, or else at last she understood it. And suddenly her winter passed, and the sun shone on her.

-ROTK

mharickar

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i love being myself...
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »
Don't let go too soon, but don't hold on too long.  -tuesdays with morrie

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.