Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 24 APR 14
Start maintaining a balanced diet by exchanging cake and chocolate for dried fruit, raisin toast, and low-fat fruit yogurt.
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Favorite Quotes/Lines..  (Read 13254 times)

rheinfall18

• living♀..laughing♫..loving..♥
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • God's in His heaven, all is right with the world
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 04:26:46 PM »
"I sold the collection because I finally understood what true love really meant. Tim
had told meand shown methat love meant that you care for another
person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you
face might be."

-Dear John, Nicholas Sparks
"true love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be."

frustratedwriter13

• life of a bibliophile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
She just kept inviting me to things: dinner parties, childrens parties with barnyard animals, holidays- Every time, he whispered urgently, every time I hoped youd be there -Mark Darcy (Bridget Jones's Diary) super iyak ako pagkabasa ko nito, at the same time natunaw ako! Kilig!

What I did on Amami, I did because of my feelings for you, Chairman. Every step I have taken in my life since I was a child in Gion, I have taken in the hope of bringing myself closer to you. -Sayuri (Memoirs of a Geisha)

How strange, that the same woman who looked me so frankly in the eye as a girl, many years ago, cant bring herself to do it now. -Chairman (Memoirs of a Geisha)

frustratedwriter13

• life of a bibliophile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »
"For you, a thousand times over" - The Kite Runner
Hassan has always been the one to say this to Amir, but it tugged on my heart harder when I read it for the very last time, coming from Amir. =( so sad [textspeak!]

gwacie

• also known as Grace the Great
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • daydream believer
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape.
--- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling

"You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real."
--- Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

Life can be long or short, it all depends on how you choose to live it. It's like forever, always changing. For any of us our forever could end in an hour, or a hundred years from now. You can never know for sure, so you'd better make every second count. What you have to decide is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, is this how you'd want to have spent it?
--- The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen

Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?
--- Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery

And here's one from a Pinay author:

"My dear," Rose said, "you might be surprised at how much happiness you can find in the pages of the shortest love stories. Unlike penises, thier length truly does not count."
--- Before Ever After - Samantha Sotto
I'll seek a four-leaved shamrock in all thy fairy dells,
And if I find the charmed leaves, oh, how I'll weave my spells!

toocrazy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 06:06:35 PM »
"Are you going to be playing for the pure thrill of unreluctant desire?" - Dash & Lily's Book of Dares; Levithan & Cohn

No mistake about it. Ice is cold; roses are red; Im in love. And this love is about to carry me off somewhere. The currents too overpowering; I dont have any choice. It may very well be a special place, some place Ive never seen before. Danger may be lurking there, something that may end up wounding me deeply, fatally. I might end up losing everything. But theres no turning back. I can only go with the flow. Even if it means Ill be burned up, gone forever. - Sputnik Sweetheart; Murakami

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering. - The History of Love

I would apologize for my rudeness, if I had manners. Happily, I dont. - The Emperor Mage; Tamora Pierce (la lang, sobrang funny!)

I dont love you anymore, she whispered. I dont love you at all. His throat closed. Its all right, sweetheart. I love you enough for both of us. - Kiss An Angel; Susan Elizabeth Philips

i've actually started taking photos of book pages with quotes that i like.
booksinframes.tumblr.com
"I refuse to answer that on the grounds that I dont want to" -- Harvey Specter

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 01:35:48 AM »
aw! nakakatouch yung mga posts nyo.

here's mine:

"The pain of having a broken heart is not so much as to kill you, yet not so little as to let you live. Maybe one day, we'll find the place where our dreams and reality collide."

latest fave ko yan, nakuha ko lang sa isang website and i really liked it :)
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »
oh-em marami ako nito. oonti-ontiin ko.  ;)

puro mga from The Opportunist muna, teary eyed ako tuwing binabasa tong mga lines na to kasi super nakakarelate ako kay Olivia:

"He taught me who i was, i would never have known, without his deft handling of my personality"

"I'm not doing this for my career, despite what Caleb thinks. I'm doing this for the time he pulled over and refused to keep driving until i sang along with "achey, brakey, heart" and for the time he kissed me on his bedroom door floor while holding my hands above my head. I am doing this because he still calls me Duchess."

"he smiles and then he leans his head down and kisses me. it is the last real kiss of my life. i forever cling to that kiss. it was goodbye and i'm sorry and i love you so much. when it was done, he presses his forehead to my own one last time and then he is gone. i am broken."

eto talaga ang winner:
"In a sense i'm so far gone i dont know what to say, I love you so much and there are many things that i didn't get tot tell you. I was so scared of the way you loved me Caleb.  You changed everything. I was so frightened of losing you that i did everything in my power to drive you away. i thought that if i didn't, eventually you would see that you were wasting your time with me and leave anyway. i miss you. no, not just miss you, my heart aches everyday because you're not there"

"being an instrument of pleasure is different from being truly desired" -forgot what book it came from pero i think eternal kiss of darkness to. haha!

eto naiiyak din ako everytime i read the line:
"You are the male I might have been. You are the potential I had and lost. You are the honor and the
strength and the kindness she needs. You'll take care of her. Iwant you to take care of her." Zsadist
dropped his hand. "It will be a good mating for her. With you as herhellren , she can hold her head up
high. She can be proud to be seen with you at her side. She'll be socially invincible. Theglymera won't be
able to touch her." -lover awakened

All Gods children are sinners. At least my sinning led to life. -grandma ni sookie stackhouse
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:30:45 AM by iwannabeasupermodel »
#cantbuyclass

axia

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 10:22:34 PM »
warriors don't love. they should not. but here is one who does. i love you, woman. my heart cries with how much i love you.

- warrior's woman, jude deveraux

FayeP

• I so love my baby reid!!!!!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • 2year old na ang bebe ko...
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 11:46:24 PM »
Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering

-Paulo Coelho
By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
                                     -Psalm 18:2

chichi143

• Senior GirlTalker
  • love and light ^_^
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 12:16:59 AM »
‎"You cannot sit around like a cupcake...asking other people to...discover your great sweetness and charm. You've got to make yourself more cupcakable all the time." - Helen Gurley Brown[/size][/font]
be kind. whenever possible. its always possible.

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »
"she's not a babe! she's the woman i love" -hand in glove. anne stuart

"covertly sliding buttons from buttonholes" -easy by tammara webber. wala lang. cute kasi.  ;D

"would you look at this? It (condom) says glow in the dark. So what use it that to anybody? I mean,what am i supposed to do with it? Write her name in the air with it?" -fury's kiss by karen chance

"i felt rather than heard someone come up behind me and i didnt have to wonder who. My vagina had just gotten a heartbeat" -fury's kiss by karen chance.

;D
#cantbuyclass

CebuGem

• Amber's Light
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Lucid Intervals
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
One of my favorite entries on Anne Frank's diary:

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of Nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort in every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."

anmar

• Love my son so much. Love u BB Basti.
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 02:34:52 AM »
oh-em marami ako nito. oonti-ontiin ko.  ;)

puro mga from The Opportunist muna, teary eyed ako tuwing binabasa tong mga lines na to kasi super nakakarelate ako kay Olivia:

Omg sis I just love the Opportunist. Im super affected by this book. Not so sure about the ending though. A lot of what if. Can't wait for Leah & Caleb's POV.

Because from approximately twelve hours of knowing you, I have decided that I will never forget you, even if we never speak another word to each other. You leave a very strong impression. I can only imagine how that poor bastard feels after so many years of keeping company with you.

I adore him. But he doesnt have my heart. You can only give your heart away once, after that, everything else will chase your first love.

You will remember me every day for the rest of your life because I was the one and you threw me away.

I love you too, Olivia. More than I could ever love another soul. There hasnt been a single hour in seven years that I havent thought of you.

Food is FUEL not Therapy.
The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen!

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 03:17:33 AM »
^yes sis. super fave ko talaga to. pinapabasa ko nga sa lahat ng kakilala ko eh. parang incomplete buhay nila if di nila to mababasa.  ;)

gusto ko nga rin yung line ni caleb na "you will remember me everyday for the rest of your life because i'm the one and you threw me away". ang galing galing lang ni caleb.

OT sis: add mo si tarryn fisher sa fb. ang gwapo ng asawa niya! pwedeng maging si caleb. haha!
naiintriga na ako sa next book kasi pov na ni leah. eh di ba ang iniisip nating lahat eh siya na ang alpha b*tch. so ayoko ma-understand siya sa next book.
idk nga what to feel about caleb, so matagal na siya nagchea-cheat kay olivia? kahit gaano nakakaawa na never totally nag-open sa kanya si olivia at laging naka at arms length siya, at may mga heavy lies (like yung abortion) si olivia sa kanya, mali pa rin na magcheat siya. haay.  :-\

yung line na pinaka fave ko, as i mentioned above (I was so frightened of losing you that i did everything in my power to drive you away. i thought that if i didn't, eventually you would see that you were wasting your time with me and leave anyway.) parang tarryn fisher took the words right out of my mouth. parang wth is she looking at my brain and heart? lol!  :-\ ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:23:49 AM by iwannabeasupermodel »
#cantbuyclass

anmar

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 05:53:05 AM »
^ may teaser na ng book 2-Dirty Red. I don't want to read it but I have to. Hehe. Dec28 daw expected release.
http://talk.maryse.net/threads/the-opportunist-by-tarryn-fisher-only-enter-if-youve-read-this-book.119/ this thread has a good discussion of the book.
I need more answers on Caleb's cheating din. Well ng cheat din si Olivia with that guy sa bar. I really love the twist & turn in the book. Will probably read it again this weekend.

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 06:13:44 AM »
i want to read it na nga din ulit. maybe sa christmas vacation para marefresh ako, then again i dont think may parts akong malilimutan sa The Opportunist.  ;)
#cantbuyclass

anmar

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 07:06:04 AM »
Another one:
 I kiss him for all the times I never got to kiss him, and for the times hes been kissing Leah instead of me. I kiss him because I ruined everything and I could have had this every day. --Olivia (The Opportunist)

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2012, 08:42:45 AM »
 beautiful quotes   :D
thanks for sharing sissies
----♣ Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying ♣----

em.em

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »
"From that time on, the world was hers for the reading. She would never be lonely again, never miss the lack intimate friends. Books became her friends and there was one for every mood. There was poetry for quiet companionship. There was adventure when she tired of quiet hours. There would be love stories when she came into adolescence and when she wanted to feel a closeness to someone she could read a biography. On that day when she first knew she could read, she made a vow to read one book a day as long as she lived."
Betty Smith (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn)

"Long ago, men went to sea, and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for Henry. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?
Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Travelers Wife)

Boys mystified me, although I dreamed vaguely of men. In fact, I was happiest alone in my fathers library, a large, fine room on the first floor of our house.
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Don't you find it odd," she continued, "that when you're a kid, everyone, all the world, encourages you to follow your dreams. But when you're older, somehow they act offended if you even try.
― Ethan Hawke, The Hottest State
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnt do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »
hay the opportunist, olivia and caleb. how can two people meant to be together not be together? ansakit kaya sa puso nung natapos ko na yung book.  :'(

"The kiss. The kiss. It was like chocolate cake and fizzy passion and goosebumps."
"This is my new life, I realize with mild suprise, and i lower my head to my desk because it really is my old life with hollow upgrades."
-Olivia. The Opportunist

Eto naman. this is how mac described JZB.  ;D

"He didn't just occupy space; he saturated it. the room had been full of books before, now it was full of him."

and

"He wasn't handsome. That was too calm a word. He was intensely masculine. He was sexual. He attracted. There was an omnipresent carnality about him, in his dark eyes. In his full mouth, in the way he stood."
---my favourite description of a male character.  ;D
#cantbuyclass

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
10 Signs You Need a Diet Makeover
When your body talks, you need to listen.
10 Celebrity Holy Week Destinations
How did these stars spend their long vacays?
Be The Fairest of Them All: 5 Ways You Can Get Whiter Underarms
Discover the power of these whitening solutions for yourself!