Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Favorite Quotes/Lines..  (Read 14908 times)

angel_eyes_2nite

• Living the Happily Ever After
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Carpe de Diem!
Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:24:30 AM »
Hi mga sis..

I recently started my book journal and I realized na it will be nice to share our favorite lines or quotes from the books we are reading..Sayang lang I didn't start the journal sooner..

So let us share those memorable lines..those quotes that touched our hearts..or even those words that made us smile or better..solicited a warm burst of laughter from us..

Let me start:

"Fine. If I can't have you,then you do the taking. Have all of me,part of me,a small piece,whatever you want. But please,have something."
     - Rhage, Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:26:06 AM by angel_eyes_2nite »
Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

praning

Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »
"we were together a year", he said, " lifetime for people like us."

"thirteen months, twenty-one days, six hours," she said. "i remember the precise moment i walked out on you because it was then i knew i couldn't control you as stepan wanted me to."

"and why was that?" his voice was casual, even though his interest was anything but.

her eyes had engaged his again, refused to let them go. "because", she said, "when i was with you, i could no longer control myself."
-bourne legacy

chinablue

• a registered nurse stuck in the desert and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I so miss my family! :(
    • Tales From The Desert
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 08:40:44 AM »
A book journal is a very nice idea sis! Kaya lang, tamad kasi ako. Hehe.

On topic:

"I cannot change the way I lived my life before now, I can only change the way I live it from this point on. I cannot help the fact that my family was not close, I can only let her teach me how a family is supposed to be."
spoken by Zack Benedict to Julie's parents from Perfect by Judith Mcnaught. I just love these lines.
I will keep on missing you until I don't anymore.

larxy

• Visit my blog:
  • GirlTalker
    • Pursuit of Nana
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 04:10:14 AM »
Love means never having to say you're sorry

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 07:04:06 AM »
"I have given you a life of suspended animation."

-The Time Traveler's Wife

Dunno why but that's the line I remember most. :P

ClairDeLune

• there's always a better understanding on second reading....
  • frustrated writer and a hopeless daydreamer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »
"Its best to forgo a small amount of pleasure to spare yourself a lot of pain. - Regin the radiant on No Rest for the Wicked, book 3 of IAD Series by Kresley Cole

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." - Albus Dumbledore, HP Series by JK Rowling
"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
Albert Einstein

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:35:35 PM »
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I have a book journal, major sulat sulat ako ng mga favorite quotes ko pero minsan tinatandaan ko nalang para di bitin yung pagbabasa ko at magsusulat pa ako in between tapos after ko basahin at ire-review ko na yung book sa journal, tsaka ko hahapin sa internet yung mga quotes.

ClairDeLune

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 11:06:03 PM »
i haven't read this book yet... but i fell in love with this when i saw it in goodreads...

"Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?"
Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss)
"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
Albert Einstein

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 11:08:13 PM »
^You should read it! Babalik ka sa pagkabata sa kilig nyan haha

ClairDeLune

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 11:12:42 PM »
^ hihi mukha nga sis, i've the reviews kaya i've also decided to include it sa to-read list ko..  :D
kaso, meron kaya kayong ebook nito sa 4shared nyo?  :-\
Albert Einstein

chinablue

• a registered nurse stuck in the desert and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I so miss my family! :(
    • Tales From The Desert
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 06:16:56 PM »
me want an ebook too! :D
I will keep on missing you until I don't anymore.

aien

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »
"Adults always acted like they could fix everything. But they can't. And they know it."

-Riley from The Demon Trapper's Daughter

tutut naman siya
And so it seems that we have met before,
And laughed before and loved before
But who knows where or when

mango_shake

• shadow-kissed
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • carpe diem! :)
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »
Love fades. Mine has.

~Dimitri, Spirit Bound

nung sinabi niya yan lines n yan, sobra akong naiyak.. lolol!
"Good morning! And in case I don't see you:

good afternoon, good evening and good night!"

heavenly411

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »
"The man of your dreams, perhaps not maybe just one of the many that have fallen but for now I am ridiculously happy to be the one who curls himself around you."

~Other People's Love Letters: 150 Letters You Were Never Meant to See - Bill Shapiro

Haven't read the book. I'm trying to get a copy of it. Heard it was great.  :)
Made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions..

terriblegallantsex

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »
"People, I thought, wanted security. They couldnt bear the idea of death being a big black nothing, couldnt bear the thought of their loved ones not existing, and couldnt even imagine themselves not existing. I finally decided that people believed in an afterlife because they couldnt bear not to." --John Green's Looking for Alaska

"Im not sure Ill ever be finished. No matter how much I write, there will always be something I shouldve said." --Megan McCafferty's Fourth Comings

"Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives Im not living." --Jonathan Safran Foer's extremely loud and incredibly close

"We referenced fictional characters as if they were people to learn from. As if real-life people were too nebulous, too private and unreal for us to understand." --Miguel Syjuco's Ilustrado

lolita006

• The Good Lolita
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 09:46:34 PM »
i understand that the cruelest words in the universe are if only.
- peony in love by lisa see.

this is why you should never,ever get your hopes up. this is why you should see the glass as half empty. So when the whole thing spills, you aren't as devastated.
-one day by david nicholls

i think speech is the greatest gift mortals and immortals share.
-the picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde
For girly thoughts on books, movies, make-up. fashion and life visit http://thegoodlolita.blogspot.com/

purple.strawberry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 08:43:15 PM »
Ria and Danny talking (from the book Tara Road). The first line is from Danny.

"Thank you so much."
"For what?"
"For not screaming at me. I've had to give you the worst news anyone could ever give anyone."
"Oh no," she said.
"What do you mean?"
"You gave me much more worse news than that before."
He said nothing. They walked together across the Memorial Park back to Marilyn Vine's car.

Sobrang natouch ako dito. Kasi Danny told her na bankrupt na sila, they have to sold their house and Ria wasn't angry, she just said na worse yung sinabi ni Danny na maghiwalay na sila. And the silence after... sigh. Parang nafifeel mo na na andami nilang naiisip pero at the same time they're peaceful and calm. ><

MisCalculus

• Senior GirlTalker
  • SuNnY Came HomE...
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
"Memories were fine but you couldn't touch them, smell them or hold them. They were never exactly as the moment was, and they faded with time."
- PS I love you (c. ahern)

"sometimes we need all the glue we can get, just to hold ourselves together."
- Thanks for the memories (c. ahern)
"One day you will wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now."

mharickar

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i love being myself...
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 08:44:33 AM »
"a mother is not to be compared with any other person - she is incomparable" - african proverb

"in searching out to others, we heal ourselves; in giving happiness, we receive our peace; and in rising above our sorrows, we find joy" - phyllis volkens

both quotes are from chicken soup for the mother's soul 2..  :D

elprinceza

• Probationary
  • reflect before you act.
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »
If you have problem with me please write it nicely on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, fold it up and shove it up your ass..teeheee  :P
joyce✿

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.