Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 02 SEP 14
Record your baby's laughter. Play it whenever you're feeling the burn at work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Professional Makeup Artistry --part 3  (Read 58827 times)

t_r_i_c_i_a

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Professional Makeup Artistry --part 3
« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2013, 07:05:58 AM »
Parang i want..
Lipstick and Paper + everything in between
www.lipstickandpaper.blogspot.com

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2013, 08:49:07 PM »
More on Personal makeup artistry tayo dito wala bang reviews from PRO talaga as in yun nag take ng intensive training? Id like to study advance or in another makeup school, which is better MDA or MAKEUP FOREVER? 

Share your experience and tips!

Nag merge yata sila ng two threads to one :(

ngak

• GirlTalker
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »
ano mas okay yung makeup forever sa sg or maquillage makeup forever dito sa manila? may idea ba kayo sa price nun dalawa? thanks!

Mua_fritzie

• Probationary
« Reply #303 on: January 20, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »
Hi girls...
I have been reading threads here in female network, pero ngayon lang ako mag-popost...
I just graduated from HD make-up academy and Im happy na sa HD academy ako nag-aral...
medyo mahal lang talaga.. The tuition fee is reasonable enough, pero yung mga make-up hindi biro ang gastos.. pero talagang matututo ka...

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #304 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:01 PM »
ano mas okay yung makeup forever sa sg or maquillage makeup forever dito sa manila? may idea ba kayo sa price nun dalawa? thanks!

IMO, if you have funds to study in SG, go for it. Mas mabango sa credentials ang nag aral out of the country, generally speaking :) Good luck! :)

monkeymikz

• Probationary
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2013, 01:12:16 AM »
hi mga sis. ask ko lang po sana, kung saan mas better mag enroll HD or CAS. CAS first choice ko sana, kasi may mga OJT sila, so madali bang makakahanap ng raket or work as a make up artist after mag graduate? sa HD naman iniisip ko [textspeak!] price ng mga make up balita ko kasi napaka mahal ng make up nila dun. sana po matulungan nyo ko thankyou.

rosey

• GirlTalker
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
Purchased the deal from cashcashpinoy for Makeup 101 with The Makeup Artistry. Excited. First-timer ;D

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:11:36 PM by rosey »

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »
A friend enrolled at Makeup forever and she was trained under Jigs Maguya, so she got to work
with the artistas and now she does gigs for magazines na. Important na matuto, yes, but connecting you
to people is also very important.
*dont buy anything you can get for free*

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2013, 05:51:52 PM »
^Nagtuturo si Jigs Mayuga sa Maquillage?

rmi

« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »
Hi girls...
I have been reading threads here in female network, pero ngayon lang ako mag-popost...
I just graduated from HD make-up academy and Im happy na sa HD academy ako nag-aral...
medyo mahal lang talaga.. The tuition fee is reasonable enough, pero yung mga make-up hindi biro ang gastos.. pero talagang matututo ka...

Hi sis! I also want to enroll sa HD kailangan ba sa kanila ka [textspeak!] bibilil ng makeup? hindi ba pwedeng meron ka nang sarili, kasi nagbibuild nko ng kit e...

BeautyGuru

• Probationary
« Reply #311 on: March 18, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
HI, just new here and want to share some of my insight. :) Just recently I graduated from Cas with their Bassic Makeup Course. My experience is quite so-so, I must say.

SCHOOL IMPRESSION: The staff are quite snob but tolerable and okay.  The Marketing staff named FOirelle is not as professional as she can be, she assess you physical and if she thinks you are someone NOT from the upper east side of metro manila, she will totally make no sense when you inquired she'll just stared at you blanky and will say pa "ahm i didn't offer her our makeup brushes because she looks like someone who like mura and she can find it in the department store, because our brushes are expensive. Oh di ba statement sya. Feeling may ari ng CAS. Kala ko nman eh pag kamahal ng brushes nila at di kayang bihin ng ordinaryong tao eh P300 pesos lang naman! no offense but I've been in the industry of marketing for over a decade and her action is a total NO NO! We are all equal no one has the right step on anybody's toes.

Small, neat all white school.

Teacher/s: My teacher is okay Ms. Wild.  She is energetic, enthusiastic on talking about her craft.  She talks about basic stuffs, a maarte lady already knows.  Her teachings could've been better if its structured and with handouts so she wouldn't forget important details/techniques about makeup.  When we ask her questions she will simply say, "yes,yes later i will all teach you that" and then when that later comes its all forgotten.

There are no hand outs.

Not so GOOD: They are into selling their products and their sponsors.

OVERALL:  For my opinion if you want to take your craft seriously, per se be a certified MUA there are better schools with better teachers.  Remember each school has their own expertise.  Maquillage at the Fort is one of the best school we have, they provide handouts, and upon enrolling they will give you immediately the lesson plan, so your expectations will be answered.  They also have a very nice and friendly marketing staff.  They respond to your emails immediately and even if you very makulit they still will cater to your needs.  They even provide the brushes and make ups during the course span. Another training that you shouldn't miss is with Kay Rodriguez, she is like the goddess of airbrush.  Excellent with her craft, I must say really talented and what's awesome very down to earth lady, despite of her achievements she remains one of us. Her training is a little expensive but the learning's is sulit.  Going back to CAS i could never refund my money, but at least ive seen thebest and worst of schools we have here.  I cannot comment on HD or the former basement salon but I have a co-kua who is really good in her craft and she graduated from there.

ladykazuko

• GirlTalker
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »
hello hindi ba talaga okay sa CAS? i want to enroll there sana eh  i want a diploma course on makeup and hair parang from the feedbacks it not a good choice so i'm having second thoughts on makeup designory manila? pero it sounds overpriced is it really 196k for 20 days only??
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:22:10 PM by ladykazuko »

blueberry14

• GirlTalker
« Reply #313 on: April 16, 2013, 11:58:56 AM »
I emailed Maquillage kung magkano yung rates nila for different modules. 9500 yung sa personal beauty makeup tas 30k nman yung FACIAL BEAUTY,FASHION, & PHOTOGRAPHY MAKE UP FOR PROFESSIONAL ARTISTS. Akala ko may discount kapag summer. wala nman pala. :'(

nagbibgay din ba sila ng mga certificates after ng modules?

fatalblossom

• GirlTalker
  • Hitched by 11.30.2013
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2013, 09:10:13 AM »
mga sis, diba okay din naman ang HD Makeup Academy? I think ang rates nila for teaching are really affordable and they teach HD makeup na even sa beginners.

rosey

• GirlTalker
« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »
I just finished HD's Beauty and Fashion Make-up Course and their Pro Airbrush Make-up Course, and this has to be the best decision I made in my life. Sobrang sulit ng gastos and super passionate ng teachers with their craft. Medyo pricey yung mga make-up, but they are pro products naman. Sobrang matututo ka talaga. Sulit ang gastos. ;D

fatalblossom

• GirlTalker
  • Hitched by 11.30.2013
« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2013, 04:40:20 PM »
^ thanks sis. madami na nga ako nababasa na magandang comments sa kanila. pagkatapos talaga ng wedding ko yan ang next in line sa mga gagawin ko. ;)

ladykazuko

• GirlTalker
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2013, 07:14:05 PM »
bahala na si batman :) ill go enroll in Cas :) challege sakin to if i encounter bad instructors lol

fatalblossom

• GirlTalker
  • Hitched by 11.30.2013
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2013, 12:35:41 AM »
Good luck sis!

BeautyGuru

• Probationary
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2013, 04:17:31 PM »
hello hindi ba talaga okay sa CAS? i want to enroll there sana eh  i want a diploma course on makeup and hair parang from the feedbacks it not a good choice so i'm having second thoughts on makeup designory manila? pero it sounds overpriced is it really 196k for 20 days only??

HI!Sorry very late reply, i guess you have enrolled already in Cas I do wish you Goodluck!  :) :-* Me too I find the MUD quite stiff, and haven't heard any outstanding reviews from students who graduated from the school.  If your aim is just to have a basic knowledge on how to look and feel good in DIY personal makeup shiseido is offering a 3 day personal make up in a very good price of only 5k or 3k im not quite sure. The perk on this is you get 20% off on shiseido make-ups. Post your experience in CAS after your class.  ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.