Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 21 AUG 14
For a healthy alternative, use veggies like broccoli and spinach as pizza toppings!
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Beijing China  (Read 56177 times)

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Beijing China
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 07:40:44 AM »
@sweetviolet - sis, no problem. You can always go back abang ka lang promo fares.   :)

zhanne8

• a Facebook Entrepreneur
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • a Mom, wife, entrepreneur and a GT (girltaker!) :)
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
hi mga sis! my parents and I are planning fro a china trip. Yung pakay namin talaga is xiamen...but we want to go to other places like shanghai... ano magandang gawin po? from Manila-Shanghai-Xiamen or Mla-xiamen-shanghai? And pauwi naman gusto ng father ko exit kami from xiamen-hongkong..pwede ba yun?

jiffy

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 05:42:24 AM »
yey heading to china this march! ano magandang pasalubong na inexpensive? TIA!

*dream*

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:11 PM »
i went to guangzhou china already, tip ko in shopping. example the price is 300 RMB. ask them 70 percient of discount, at first they will not give it to u, alis ka lang, tapos ibibigay nola na 100 RMB [textspeak!] item na gusto mo

heaven_scent102

• Super GirlTalker
  • a proud wife and mommy :D
    • preciousbubbles online boutique (since 2007)
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »
joining mga sis!:)

we are going to beijing for the 1st time (4 adults kami)

here's the IT we got from a travel agency:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=194889347189067&set=a.154651127879556.29051.154648534546482&ref=nf
dun kami sa full board

here's my plan please see if feasible

May 4 - cebu pac 1230am arrival at beijing - check in and sleep
May 5 - 1st day of tour
May 6 - 2nd day of tour
May 7 - 3rd day of tour
May 8 - free and easy the whole day (no plans yet- hope you can suggest sa mga hindi pa included sa tour namin) departure is 140am pa via cebu pac.

thanks mga sis :)
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him..
Jeremiah 17:7-8

--a proud wife to my husband, mom to my 3 girls Maegan, Mariel and Maike :)

iamnot

• Probationary
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
Hi everyone,
I just came across this thread while I was browsing for topics regarding Beijing trips,  my hubby and I are scheduled for a trip to Beijing in September,  ask ko lang if alam nyo po ba kung ano dapat kong iapply na nbi clearance for travel abroad, kung nbi clearance should show my maiden name or married name already? My passport and plane tickets show my maiden name while other documents are already in my married name such as company docs, driver's license,  your advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.  ty

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »
^Better get using your married name na. As to your passport and tickets, you just need to show a census issued marriage license as proof to show the airline check-in counter and immigration officer na you got married na.

:)

heaven_scent102

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »
yey im done with our beijing tour preps :)

5d4n kami

total gastos namin 28k per pax (all in na airfare, hotel, tours, entrance tickets, meals, airport transfers)

i think ok na yung 28k per person noh? kasi pocket money nalang dadalhin namin on top of that :)

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
^sis, parang ang mahal sa 28K per person. You can make do with just breakfast at the hotel. Then lunch and dinner ka outside kasi cheap lang naman yung food sa Beijing. Then the tours you can make do with a one day tour lang siguro sa malalayong lugar like the Great Wall and the Summer Palace. Then yung mga must-see places within the city proper you can DIY it na. Madali lang naman.

But if you don't want the hassle of DIYing, I guess that's the price you have to pay.

heaven_scent102

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 01:41:53 PM »
for us puede na 28k per pax kasi kung kami lang ni hubby mag DIY kami but this tour kasi we are with my 60y.o mom :)

kaya mas gusto niya yung lahat tour na since pag tour may car lagi from one place to another, save the energy for walking sa tourist spots :) 28k kasama na novotel accomodation, cathay pacific airfare, tour sa makjor attractions and yun nga meals kasama sa tour :)

ayra11

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 11:52:39 PM »
hi heavenscent_102.. my hubby and I are also planning to go to beijing.. san mo binuk yung kinuha mo na tour and flight> agency b? tnx

heaven_scent102

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 08:33:42 PM »
yah agency, salton travel and tours :)

blooming

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 09:21:47 PM »
joining mga sis!:)

we are going to beijing for the 1st time (4 adults kami)

here's the IT we got from a travel agency:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=194889347189067&set=a.154651127879556.29051.154648534546482&ref=nf
dun kami sa full board

here's my plan please see if feasible

May 4 - cebu pac 1230am arrival at beijing - check in and sleep
May 5 - 1st day of tour
May 6 - 2nd day of tour
May 7 - 3rd day of tour
May 8 - free and easy the whole day (no plans yet- hope you can suggest sa mga hindi pa included sa tour namin) departure is 140am pa via cebu pac.

thanks mga sis :)

* You can go shopping sa Silk street - wala sya sa agenda nyo, tama ba?  Dito lahat ng fake brands! haha  Sobrang mura, just know how to haggle. Dapat magtawad ka ng sobrang baba. Pag um-oo agad sila, that means hindi pa enough ang tawad mo. Pag nagalit, alam mong tama na. :)  What I do normally, nagtatanong ako sa 3 stalls muna (pare pareho naman binebenta nila), then pag alam ko na gusto ko, sa 4th stall tatawad nako and gauge how low puede yung price.  I do not normally buy the bags (pero there are pretty ones), pero sobra akong aliw sa mga winter coats nila. Kasi feeling ko for us nasa tropical weather naman tayo, no need to buy yung mamahalin talaga kasi hindi naman madalas gamitin.

* In one of the nights din, ok din manood ng kungfu show. :)

* You can also try the other segments of Great Wall :)

* Pansin ko sa tour ninyo, sa labas lang kayo ng watercube and bird's nest. you might want to go inside on your last day.  Maganda din to go sa watercube (outside) at night. Not sure din kung sa tour ninyo na-andun kayo til night time, if not, a good time to spend your afternoon inside the bird's nest/watercube (1-2 hours) then nasa labas kayo sa hapon. So you can target mga 3pm kayo andun - not sure lang what time dumidilim around May sa Beijing. Paiba iba kasi. 

You can also ask your tour guide din for alternatives what to do on the last day. 

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:29:37 PM by blooming »

blooming

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 09:37:26 PM »
by the way - may ma-recommend kayo na resto for the best peking duck in beijing?

naghahanap kasi ako ng value for money. yung mga ibang na-recommend for tourists kasi sobrang over-rated.

sweetviolet

• GirlTalker
  • i can't sleep....... where's my coffee ?
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 02:46:05 AM »
me and hubby went to Mutianyu Great wall, shopping at Silk street. i bought a real nice jade necklace na mickey mouse face shape  na super bargain sa jade factory. sa peking duck naman, maraming stores na nagbebenta ng whole duck na naka vacuum sealed and in fairness masarap!

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 06:01:14 PM »
If everything works out I might be able to go with hubby again to Beijing this coming May. Sana matuloy kasi bitin-bitin ikot namin last time. At least it won't be very cold as last time, mas enjoy mamasyal. We hope to go see the Summer Palace this time around.

heaven_scent102

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
lapit na kami mag beijing, may 4-8 :) hindi ako makadecide what clothing to wear, sa accuweather.com ang forecast kasi mga 25 ave eh ano kaya tingin nyo?

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 08:44:21 PM »
^Just bring a light jacket, para na lang naka-aircon yung temperature.

eang

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »
just came back from beijing. sarap mag shop sa beijing, don't waste your time on silk market and ya xiu market, pang foreigners lang yan and super markup prices. dumiretso na kayo sa beijing underground market! dun kumukuha ng paninda ang mga taga silk market. may mga factory overruns dun, may fake, so dapat medyo alisto kayo sa quality and price. I was able to buy MNG, ZARA, bershka, pull n bear. May converse shoes din. If you have a map, it is right across beijing zoo, the name in chinese pinyin is "ju long". dami mabibili dun.

We also spent our last day shopping at "Tian Yi" sa may fuchengmen, nako, dito you can spend your whole day, kase ang dami talaga, per floor iba ibat klase ng tinda. may mga korean stuff(stationery, notepads, etc). may figurines/display, may isang floor puro toys, may isang floor puro hair accessories. and may appliances, household items. parang 168 pero mas maraming selections. kulang oras ko dito sa dami ng mabibili. hehe

heaven_scent102

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »
oh good at least ndi heavy ang bags ko sa panlamig outfits hehe

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.