Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 30 JUL 14
Keep your brain and body active--read while on the treadmill or stationary bike. If you find it difficult, listen to an audiobook.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: United Nations costumes for Kids  (Read 54434 times)

leslee_santos

• GirlTalker
  • Working MomÜ
United Nations costumes for Kids
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:42:58 AM »
Hi does anyone knows where to buy a costume?
The country that my son will represent is SPAIN.. ang hirap mag hanap :(

purple_girl

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: United Nations costumes for Kids
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 01:43:32 PM »
try niyo po sa baclaran.  yung mom ko usually dun namimili ng costumes ng mga pamangkin ko.

mommy_me

• mom - wife - scrapbooking addict - and a
  • GirlTalker
  • Be the best that you can be!!!
    • mommy's little angels
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:08:50 AM »
yes madami sa baclaran. sa may gilid lang ng simbahan....mura pa..
You cannot perfect motherhood but you can always give your best...

leslee_santos

• GirlTalker
  • Working MomÜ
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
Thanks purple_girl & mommy_me.. :)

Meron pa ba kayong alam na mejo malapit lapit lang? kasi antipolo pa ko=(

thanks

heartbreaker_Rae

• I am a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Happily married and 10 weeks pregnant
    • Colleen & Kyle's Trinkets
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 04:17:39 PM »
have you tried sa mga mall? Kasi 2 lang talaga pwede mong puntahan fro customes e. Baclaran and Divi
Having a honeymoon baby.

mommy_me

• mom - wife - scrapbooking addict - and a
  • GirlTalker
  • Be the best that you can be!!!
    • mommy's little angels
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 03:18:18 AM »
^^ ay ang layo mo pala sis... sa quiapo kaya mas malapit kesa baclaran... or sa mga malls.. or pwede rin [textspeak!] papatahi ka.. kuha ka lang ng design tapos patahi mo.
You cannot perfect motherhood but you can always give your best...

schoolkidph

• Schoolkid.Ph
    • Schoolkid.Ph
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »
hi mommy leslie_santos!

my son wore that costume before also. mahirap nga maghanap ng ready made especially that I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it.

I just made a costume for him instead. I had him wore black pants, white long sleeve shirt and a black vest.  On the black vest, I sew in yellow gold rick-rack ribbon (the wavy ribbon that's widely available). Then I made a wide belt made of red satin fabric. You can also tie a black ribbon sa collar.

Here's a sample picture -
http://www.maskworld.com/english/products/costumes/theatrical-theatre--210/traditional-liveries--2114/spanish-dancer-costume--1666
Schoolkid.Ph
http://www.schoolkid.ph

- offers FREE printable worksheets for preschool and elementary level subjects like Math, Language, Reading, Filipino, Araling Panlipunan

ksv

• GirlTalker
    • Shop US sites
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
Mika was assigned to be Ms. Costa Rica in their UN Celebration. Would you girls know where I can get UN costumes? Meron bang Costa Rica in SM?

The costume is something like this:
http://www.anywherecostarica.com/special/costa-rica-independence-day/traditional-costa-rican-dress.jpg

Thanks!

anneG

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 02:28:18 PM »
Mika was assigned to be Ms. Costa Rica in their UN Celebration. Would you girls know where I can get UN costumes? Meron bang Costa Rica in SM?

The costume is something like this:
http://www.anywherecostarica.com/special/costa-rica-independence-day/traditional-costa-rican-dress.jpg

Thanks!

may nakita ako sa isang store sa quiapo nagbebenta ng mga ganyan

ksv

• GirlTalker
    • Shop US sites
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »
naku, ang layo! but sige, please let me know san sa quiapo para kung talagang wala maybe i will trek there. hehe! :) thanks!

sweety_paige

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
Sa Quiapo meron niyan
Remember my name, you'll realize how you let go of the one that has done nothing but just to love you.

ksv

• GirlTalker
    • Shop US sites
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 01:34:50 PM »
i found one in SM, thank goodness. the mexico costume was exactly the skirt for costa rica din. yung top nalang ang problem ko kasi dapat white ruffled top na off-shoulder. eh the one they had with the mexico costume was colored and tiered like the skirt :p

chiqmom

• on work clothes on...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • CONSTANT VIGILANCE
    • The Web Assistant
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »
problem ko din ito. Ms Egypt sana si Tifa but since I cannot find any costume, we decided na Ms Hawaii na lang.

ksv

• GirlTalker
    • Shop US sites
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »
try the malls or make your own nalang. if you can find a zorro outfit nga sa SM puwede na, then just modify it a bit. i was able to get a costa rica costume for my daughter in SM for 200 bucks! naka-sale kasi. actually, it's a mexico costume but it looks almost the same as costa rica, minus the top :) good luck hunting!

maeka

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »
yung mga boys ko ayaw ng mga national costumes...i ask them kase if they like to wear the costumes in each pictures..ayaw nila halos lahat

ang nagustuhan lang nila yung pang shaolin and pang ninja - or any costume na may kasamang sword...so i end up in a knight and gladiator costume in toy kingdom megamall...french and roman nalang sila LOL

leslee_santos

• GirlTalker
  • Working MomÜ
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »
Thanks to all who replied and made time to really share experience and ideas:)

I was in marikina last weekend and I was so happy kasi ang dami dun na mananahi. nasa 2nd floor sya ng market. and the cost na binigay sa akin is 550.=)

ella1152

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »
just bought my son costume for UN. He got BRUNEI as the country he would represent, I went all the way to ECHAGUE (now C. PLALANCA). It's really what they cater, that's why when I went there so many mommies hehe kakatuwa...
"Un modo de ponerse el más de la vida es considerar ello como una aventura."

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 10:58:42 AM »
hello! united nations day rin sa school ng baby ko. and as always children are requested to come wearing ANY national costume and parents are required to bring a dish that is unique in a particular country.

i have a little boy and ang hirap maghanap ng costume for him. ayoko naman ng philippines as a costume eh.

help naman mga sis!
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 07:01:49 PM »
Ano kaya maganda na costume for ms. china?

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
Pwede dugtungan ko ang tanong sis TS pls?

Paano yung ayos ng buhok ng kids nyo mga sis? Kausapin ko sana salon sa tapat namin

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.