Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 20 APR 14
Light a few candles, bubble up the bathtub, and sink into the wet and steamy with your sweetie. Rub each other down with an aromatic scrub
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Surigao and Siargao  (Read 32862 times)

Starlust

• Island Girl
  • Super GirlTalker
  • iMeow
Re: Surigao and Siargao
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 04:42:42 pm »
During our last trip to Siargao in November, we stayed here for a week (as in Monday to Monday) kasi twice weekly lang connecting flights from Manila. We stayed at the Cloud 9 area - in Ocean 101 since we were surfing.

Ocean 101 is a great lovely place to stay at. Their restaurant has a lot of options and it's fairly priced kasi good sizes yung serving and most importantly MASARAP :D

@like_bree - you can do island hopping to some of the closer islands like Dako, Guyam and Naked Island since you have a child with you. They're very near General Luna so di matagal ang biyahe. Estimate cost of the banca trip for these 3 islands is PHP 1500 (negotiated price). Bring food though cause there are no restaurants.

Baka kasi di advisable ang Bucas Grande/Sohoton island hopping trip since you have a small kid and it's a bit more than 2 hours trip each way.

Some other islands you can island hop to are Mam-on and La Janosa - these are about 1 1/2 hour banca ride away (1 way) from General Luna.

If you're not surfing, you better stay in the General Luna area instead of Cloud 9. An old but established place to stay at is Patrick's On The Beach.

We rented motorbikes and went for a couple of days around Siargao island. OK naman yung motorbike kasi may surf rack sa side so you can bring your boards and surf in remote beaches up north. Some of the roads are unpaved but still quite alright (unless it's raining). Madami din naman cemented parts.

I really really love Siargao! I hope it doesn't turn into the next Boracay!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:47:29 pm by Starlust »
"Give a girl the right pair of shoes, and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

OD

• Super GirlTalker
  • Registered seller #351
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 10:37:09 pm »
you can go to Siargao without a planned itinerary. if madami kayo, hire a multicab tapos ask na lang kayo sa driver saan maganda pumunta. tapos ikot ikot na lang kayo. don't worry in siargao, mababait ang mga tao dun and super mura ng food.

about 6 years ago, i traveled to siargao alone kasi i fell in love with the place and surfing. i stayed there for a week all by myself.

it may hardly be of use as the trip was 6years ago but just to give me a rough idea, how much did the weeklong trip cost you?
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."

mommy23

• GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 06:00:35 pm »
lapit na surigao city trip ko.. aside from siargao ano pa ba mganda puntahan

Mamita

• i love being a
  • GirlTalker
  • Mommy knows best!
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 06:08:36 pm »
^I just don't know how long it would take from Surigao City to Surigao del Sur. We've been to Brittania in Surigao Sur last April and the sand is comparable to Boracay, sis. There are about 6-7 small islands that you can go to. Nice place and affordable. There is no accomodations yet though that time pero construction was ongoing na din.

You can order fish from the residents and have them cooked in one of the islands. Hope this helps. :)
Speak your mind. Don't be shy.

Lunaticus

• Loving and Living Life
  • GirlTalker
  • Life's G-O-O-D!
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 10:35:55 pm »
Hi sis.. eto yung nakuha kung ticket nung mag sale ang air phil.. Surigao.
No idea pa what to do there back read muna ako and will ask Qs later...
We'll definitely try surfing...
enjoying the sun...!

mommy23

• GirlTalker
BUCAS GRANDE Surigao
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2011, 07:03:51 pm »
Guys malapit na kasi tour ko dito sa surigao and ang priority kong pntahan is B Grande because of SOHOTON COVE.. Share naman po kayo ng experience nyo and mga ala nyong pwede tirahan..panp po ba ang pagpunta don..gusto ko sana yung way kung pano magbyahe papunta don ang mga locals..

mommy23

• GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »
anybody knows how to go to bucs grande

kaiz

• Super GirlTalker
  • My Son, My Happiness, My Life
    • WACKER e-Store
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 10:59:35 pm »
^sis you will have to ride pa a boat from surigao to bucas grande. i think 2 hours yun or less.
..true strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart..

..i am your mona lisa..

threehundredquotes.blogspot.com

mommy23

• GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 05:53:10 am »
tanx sis..

Starlust

• Island Girl
  • Super GirlTalker
  • iMeow
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2011, 02:46:55 pm »
^^It's a 2-2.5 hour banca ride to Bucas Grande from General Luna,  Siargao
"Give a girl the right pair of shoes, and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

Amity

• I wanna be a...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Daysleeper...
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 07:35:03 pm »
Been to Surigao del Sur last weekend and visited Enchanted River and Tinuy.an falls. It was my 2nd time na pero I still loved enchanted river. ang ganda talag ng tubig dun. Nag enjoy rin kami sa tinuy.an falls.

maulan dun ngayon. We left Tinuy.an late afternoon na so madilim na yung daan and sobrang lakas ng ulan. nag zero visibility yung daan. that was the most challenging and scary part we had.

teeyah

• Heroine of My Life
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Chronicles of Vanity
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 12:17:48 pm »
During our last trip to Siargao in November, we stayed here for a week (as in Monday to Monday) kasi twice weekly lang connecting flights from Manila. We stayed at the Cloud 9 area - in Ocean 101 since we were surfing.

Ocean 101 is a great lovely place to stay at. Their restaurant has a lot of options and it's fairly priced kasi good sizes yung serving and most importantly MASARAP :D

@like_bree - you can do island hopping to some of the closer islands like Dako, Guyam and Naked Island since you have a child with you. They're very near General Luna so di matagal ang biyahe. Estimate cost of the banca trip for these 3 islands is PHP 1500 (negotiated price). Bring food though cause there are no restaurants.

Baka kasi di advisable ang Bucas Grande/Sohoton island hopping trip since you have a small kid and it's a bit more than 2 hours trip each way.

Some other islands you can island hop to are Mam-on and La Janosa - these are about 1 1/2 hour banca ride away (1 way) from General Luna.

If you're not surfing, you better stay in the General Luna area instead of Cloud 9. An old but established place to stay at is Patrick's On The Beach.

We rented motorbikes and went for a couple of days around Siargao island. OK naman yung motorbike kasi may surf rack sa side so you can bring your boards and surf in remote beaches up north. Some of the roads are unpaved but still quite alright (unless it's raining). Madami din naman cemented parts.

I really really love Siargao! I hope it doesn't turn into the next Boracay!

Hi! May I ask how much ok na budget for a four day stay? :) Or what are the "mahal" things to watch out for? Thanks in advance!
Makeup, Skincare Reviews and Inspiration: http://www.chroniclesofvanity.com/

yikee

• hopeless romantic, lakwatsera and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Bookyky's..
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2011, 04:30:06 pm »
^^^^ sis mommy23 how's your trip? San ka nag stay? We're planning to visit surigao din sana e, sana matuloy
Bookyky's shop.. mckylaerika.multiply.com

Happy Sole

• Live today. Lagaw tomorrow. Capture the moment.
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 07:44:04 pm »
was in Surigao del Norte (Bucas Grande) and Surigao del Sur (Hinatuan River & Tinuy-an falls) last month.. if you guys need some info, please dont hesitate to ask. :)
Live today. Lagaw tomorrow. Capture the moment.
http://happysole.wordpress.com/

teeyah

• Heroine of My Life
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Chronicles of Vanity
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2011, 01:04:16 pm »
I just came back from 4 days in Siargao and even if I was not able to explore other islands, I had a grand time surfing and staying at the beach. Sobrang virgin island ng Siargao! And totoo, inexpensive!

Wrote about it on my blog :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 01:38:01 pm by teeyah »
Makeup, Skincare Reviews and Inspiration: http://www.chroniclesofvanity.com/

kaiz

• Super GirlTalker
  • My Son, My Happiness, My Life
    • WACKER e-Store
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »
HAPPY SOLE, how many days kayo sa hinatuan river? And how much accommodation dun?
..true strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart..

..i am your mona lisa..

threehundredquotes.blogspot.com

lelaii

• peace-happiness-love :)
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2011, 12:47:39 pm »
when your in Surigao Del Sur, dont forget to visit Tinuy-an Falls -the Little Niagara Falls of PH-  8) it's a two thumbs up place.
been there last month and what we enjoyed much is the whole body hydro massage for free hehe courtesy of Mother Nature :)

barefoot_taka

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2011, 02:16:28 am »
nacurious ako sa surigao because of cashcashpinoy's promo... from the pictures ang ganda kasi ng club tara and buca grande...backread muna ako.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:27:03 am by barefoot_taka »

yikee

• hopeless romantic, lakwatsera and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Bookyky's..
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2011, 12:56:56 pm »
wow may deal pala ulit pero this time cashcashpinoy naman.. na-missed ko kase yung sa groupon..mai-check din! been wanting to go to Club Tara din e..

^thanks sis barefoot_taka for the heads up!  :)
Bookyky's shop.. mckylaerika.multiply.com

kathwalks

• www.kathwalks.blogspot.com
    • KathWalks
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »
was in Surigao del Norte (Bucas Grande) and Surigao del Sur (Hinatuan River & Tinuy-an falls) last month.. if you guys need some info, please dont hesitate to ask. :)
Hi Happy Sole, how did you go from Surigao to Tinuy-an? And how much is the fare? We are planning to go there on December. I plan to book Manila to Butuan flight then go to Tinuy-an falls then early next day, Butuan to Surigao to go to Bucas Grande. 

Thanks sis!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
FN's Top 10 SPF Beauty Picks for Summer 2014
These babies are mighty protectors from the sun's harmful UV rays.
5 Ways to Reflect and Meditate When You’re Time-Bound
Whether you have five minutes or five days, a breather from all the deadlines and meetings will do you good.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!