Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 24 APR 14
Start maintaining a balanced diet by exchanging cake and chocolate for dried fruit, raisin toast, and low-fat fruit yogurt.
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: best dsl connection  (Read 30048 times)

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »
^sis, depende yan sa location mo.

binggay

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Career-woman, devout wife, and supermom!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 08:27:42 PM »
 Any feedback on internet services of Destiny Cable?

stunning_anne

• Best I Ever Had
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
walang bayantel samin sis. so i took globe.. so far so good.. i hope it will be consistent. =))

angelvam

• Probationary
  • im pretty coz im good
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 10:48:24 PM »
globe anywhere malakas signal nila....i also have the pldt dsl kailangan may back up lagi pra pag nagloko ang isa you still have internet connection. If you are looking for cheaper one you can try broadband na sun or globe.
super happy as always

WanderingShinobi

• I mean so!
  • GirlTalker
  • Go Get Them!
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »
Help mga sis, I just applied for Globe 3MBPS + Landline and they just installed the modem yesterday and internet is running but the speed I am getting plays from 0.35 to 0.46 mbps only. We haven't signed the job order because landline is not yet installed.

I called Globe customer service and they said that I should be able to get at least 60% of my subscribed speed ONLY after my account has been activated. Meaning, I need to sign the job order that confirms that dsl and landline is already working and that's the only time my account will be created. Eh what I am worried about is once I signed that paper, they can now activate my account in a week or so and if my account has been created, I am thinking that I am already bound to follow their terms and conditions, such as termination fee..etc. So I told them na we need to see that the speed should reach if not 3mbps...at least 2.50mbps naman siyempre because that's we are paying for. So I asked them "Kapag na activate na yung account ko, ibig sabihen ba nun, may termination fee if I decide to close my subscription since hindi na reach yung speed na in-avail ko?" Sabi ba naman ng CS "we dont disclose any information regarding that".... Kaya medyo na frustrate ako.

I am just worried na baka once ma activate account ko, hindi pala totoo yung mare-reach ko yung max speed once activated na. Eh dati with PLDT, when we tested the internet, wala ng activate na kailangan, kita agad yung speed.

Totoo kaya na makikita ko lang yung real speed kapag na activate ko na yung account with them? If I only get 2 MBPS, i'd rather downgrade to 2mbps speed na lang diba? Any idea if possible mag downgrade without any fee since di naman activated pa yung account ko with them? Help!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:13:17 AM by WanderingShinobi »
i am inward outward upward downward happy all the time...

stunning_anne

• Best I Ever Had
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 12:10:11 AM »
That is so true sis.. yan ang nangyari sa amin. actually, within 24 hours from the time na you signed up the agreement. Or you can ask them for a buyer's remorse.

WanderingShinobi

• I mean so!
  • GirlTalker
  • Go Get Them!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 12:16:07 AM »
That is so true sis.. yan ang nangyari sa amin. actually, within 24 hours from the time na you signed up the agreement. Or you can ask them for a buyer's remorse.

Hi sis, you mean true yung kailangan activate muna?

stunning_anne

• Best I Ever Had
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 12:30:23 AM »
Oo sis, after activated makikita mo sa speed tester ang totoong mbps, i mean yung binabayaran mo talagang mbps.. ask ka na din buyer's remorse to make sure..

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
  • live well, love much, laugh often
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 10:34:19 PM »
our home is connected to bayantel dsl for three years now and it's up to 1 mbps and it's fast. well, there was a time the connection dropped intermittently. they're upgrading daw but after two annoying weeks, the connection is as strong as ever.  :) 
The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time - James Taylor

PinKisH_23

• I'm a Device Manager and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Daily Rants of a Work from Home Wifey
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 05:53:20 AM »
We're now using Bayantel since we moved to Valenzuela. So far so good. Compared sa line ng mom ko na super old na, mas consistent ang internet namin probably because bagong install. Mag one month na ito this month. Ang sabi pa they will allow upgrades daw on their modem mid October, kaya yung mga modem nila eh gagawin nilang wireless.
It is impossible to love and to be wise.
http://dailyrantsofaworkfromhomewifey.blogspot.com/

fatale10

• Probationary
  • crabby patty!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
We have PLDT dsl at home and so far, no problem.

They say maganda daw yung sa SKY though I haven't tried nor seen anybody use it.

Yun na yata ang pinakamahal na dsl eh. 
:D

WanderingShinobi

• I mean so!
  • GirlTalker
  • Go Get Them!
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 11:25:42 PM »
I already posted my issue in this thread. My account with Globe was activated last Oct 5, 2011. Initially installed Oct 3 but no service yet so tech came back oct 5 to activate my account and tried to set up the dsl.

I am updating my post to a more detailed version, this is what I sent to NTC yesterday morning. Sorry, medyo mahaba.

I would like to file a complaint against Globe Telecom for their DSL / Landline service for a number of reasons:

1. Faulty service for both Landline and DSL since installation date (October 5, 2011) , No Internet Connection, Landline incoming call not working, then lost its dial tone
2. Very poor customer service and system
3. Billing customers for No Service
4. Mishandling / Abandoning customer problem
5. Improper documentation
6. Inaccurate / False information

Here's the story:

Installation date was Oct 5, 2011. Internet works during that time but Landline incoming call is not working so he said he will come back to fix it but never did. We didn't sign the job order sheet because the service is not yet working properly.

But later that afternoon, when we check the DSL, it's not working anymore, we got "PPPOE authentication failed". Reported the problem last October 6, 2011 for no internet and landline problem. Whenever I call, they can't entertain it because they always ask me to call back after 15 mins then they will tell you to call after 2 hrs then 5 hrs...and so on. This happened a couple of times already. Once I was able to get hold of their support person, I reported the technician who didn't come back to fix our landline service. And what's more frustrating was, the CSR told me that their record indicates that the service has been installed and working properly. I asked "where did you get that from...saan niyo na based yang info na yan?, we didn't sign the job order sheet so the job order should still be open" CSR said,it came from their technical support group. So I guess the technician coordinates with the tech group then tell them whatever he wants to say and the technical team will consider it true, even it's not. So the job order sheet is a useless sheet after all, it doesn't prove anything.

I also reported the DSL problem. They generated a report and schedule a technician for an onsite visit but it didn't happen. They informed me that there's a network activity (network cabinet fix) going on in my area that's why the onsite visit has been cancelled. I will be getting a call once it has been restored.

October 10
I got a voice recorded message on my cellphone informing that the network in my area has been restored but when I check it, still I have no landline and internet. I was only able to take note of the ticket number during my follow up call last October 10 to report my internet and landline problem. I had Joy on the other line to assist me. I filed the days I don't have service so I can get a deduction from my bill. I filed October 5 - October 10 as no service days. During this call, they informed me about my bill: P500 installation fee, P2295 as advance payment for October 6 to Nov 5 service and an additional P66.10 for service usage last October 5, 2011 due on Oct 26, 2011. She informed me that my next bill will be on December because of the advance payment.

Then proceeded to discuss my service problem. She informed me that according to their system, there's still a network issue in my area. So I was asking how come I got a message informing me that everything is good? So again, she generated a report and informed me that a technician will come over the next day to fix the problem but no one came. Again, same excuse, there's still a network activity going on in my area and I will be getting a call (it's actually just a voice recorded call) once it has been restored and a technician will call me to schedule an onsite visit. 

After waiting for 4 days, Alas, still no service, no onsite technician, no updates from Globe support. It's like it's always my obligation to check back with them.

October 14
I again filed the days I have no internet (from October 10 - October 14) but this support person is now telling me that I can only file it once the second bill is available. He said I will get my next bill on November. But the previous CSR told me that I won't get any bill on November? So I got frustrated because these people are confusing me and not giving me accurate information. I will be billed on November for Nov 6 to Dec 5 cut off. Then December for Dec 6 to Jan 5 cut off. I also complain why I can't file my "no internet days" while the previous staff was able to file it for me. They can't answer me clearly, all they keep saying is "That's the correct process mam, we can only file it once we can view the 2nd bill and the adjustment will only reflect on your third bill".

After a long discussion about the bill, I am again ranting about my internet and landline problem and how come no one's fixing it. As usual, they will send a technician to check the so called network cabinet and they will call me to schedule an onsite check. I just let the days past, I got tired of following up with them because of no help, I feel that they're abandoning my problem, no one ever updated me of any progress about the cabinet thingy.

October 17
I got in the mood and called again to follow up and complain why no one is calling to update me. According to their records, it says "the customer is uncontacted"  means
no one is answering when they called my number. I didn't believe this because my cellphone is always open and there's no missed call from my history. But another version of excuse came from the technician himself. He said "Naplatan ako ng gulong kaya hindi ako nakapunta". He said he will visit us tomorrow, Oct 18. 

October 18
I called again because we've been waiting for the technician and no one came. Ms Aisha informed me that there's a problem with Globe network cabinet in my area and network restoration is currently ongoing. I asked them if I can close my account without any termination fee. They said that once they see that my area is not serviceable by Globe, they will not charge me for any termination fee. Okay, I was relieved but still, I badly need a fast internet and a working landline and I can't wait for more days for them to fix the problem. It's been almost 3 weeks already with no service from Globe.I even got an automatic text message after the call:

"Sir/Mam, there is an ongoing network issue in your area. Schedule onsite repair will be cancelled as our technical team is already working on the restoration of the service.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that will inform you once service has been restored. Please keep your lines open."

October 24
I called up and I've been complaining that no one is updating / calling me whether the network has been restored or not. According to the staff, the network has been fixed. Ok so how come they didn't inform me and no onsite visit again? I finally requested for a supervisor.

I talked to their supervisor. He said "I really apologized because upon checking nga sa mga job orders niyo, wala nga pong nag u-update or tumatawag" Okay, so they only
realized that now?  Anyway, this supervisor assured me that they will take my issue as a 'Special Case'.  So again, they will send a technician on October 26, Wednesday. We ended the call.

Then I called again (same day) because I forgot to tell them that I have an ultimatum. I want to tell them that I want it fixed this week or else considered my area as un-serviceable and close my account.But I wasn't able to talk to the same supervisor again so I talked to their acting supervisor named Sheila. Here's how it went:

Conversation with Sup this afternoon, October 24, 2011. (important part only)

Me: "So what time?"
Sup:  "Mam, between 1 to 8pm po yung visit ng technician, bali they need to check the cabinet first and they will call you to schedule an onsite check"
Me:  "What!??" Cabinet na naman? Kung kelan lang on-going yung network restoration niyo eh, kakasabi lang sa akin kanina na na restore na pala at na fix na yung cabinet so bakit Cabinet kyo ng Cabinet ha? Bakit paulit ulit tayo sa Cabinet at di kayo magpadala ng technician dito mismo imbis na puro Cabinet ang fini-fix nyo?!!"
Sup: "I understand, Yun po kasi ang process ma check muna yung cabinet."
Me: Kaka check nga lang nga ng cabinet eh! Ang point kasi bakit walang onsite check after the cabinet?, Ok? Naiintindihan mo ba ako ha?
Sup: "Sige po, s-schedule ko na lang ang onsite check mismo"
Me: "Until this week lang ito, if you can't fix this, please consider my area as "not serviceable by globe" and close my account!"
Sup: "May termination fee ho eh kasi within the lock in period yung pag request"
Me: "Eh bakit? Hindi naman na install ng maayos yung service, It never worked! Since the day it was installed, walang service, wala kaming nakuha!l...wala! "
Me: "According sa isang nakausap ko, if hindi serviceable ang area, they will close my account without any fee"
Sup: "Serviceable naman yung area niyo kasi po merong coverage ang globe sa area niyo. Kapag unserviceable, ibig sabihen hindi pwedeng ma-install yung service.
Me: "Sige nga define "Serviceable"
Sup: Ibig sabihin po, may facility po ang Globe sa area niyo to allow you to connect to their service
Me: "So nakakapag connect ba ako?, ano?"
Sup: "I apologize po, yun nga hindi po kayo makapag connect. Yung technician na lang po makakapag sabi kung ano yung problema talaga para malaman natin kung ano dahilan bakit hindi kayo nakakapag connect"
Me: "Okay"

I don't want to deal with these people anymore. Since October 5, they never sent me any onsite technician, it's always been the legendary cabinet that they want to check and when it's fixed, no one will update me, no onsite technician so every time I call, we need to go back to Step 1 which is to Check The Cabinet...We're just just going around in circles.

They sent me the bill, they're also requesting me for 2 months equivalent (2295 x 2 + 5000) termination fee if I want to close my account which is not fair at all. They gave me so much stress and wasted too much of my time. Even if they can fix my DSL and landline if ever they come tomorrow (Oct 26), I am worried that once I experience another problem with them, I would have to go through all these process over and over again. I can't rely on a DSL service that goes down for almost a month or even longer. You can see how they abandon a customer problem just like that. They seem to be following a script and written process that they can no longer think on their own. They even locked me for 24 months while I only indicated 1 year lock in period in my application form. They admitted that it was a mistake. I reported this earlier around October 4 and talked to their supervisor but the last time I checked with them, it's still at 24 months lock in.

Even if they can make it work tomorrow, I still want them to close my account because their service is very unreliable and customer support is very poor, they abandon customer problems which is not good. I feel that I am talking to a robot whenever I talk to them. They need to close my account and not charge me for anything because the installation is unsuccessful and the service never worked!  >:(
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:11:29 PM by WanderingShinobi »

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 08:57:25 PM »
^file a complaint in dti sis. this is unscrupulous business globe is getting into. we have had a rather similar experience with the subscription of our globe tattoo. 

WanderingShinobi

• I mean so!
  • GirlTalker
  • Go Get Them!
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »
^ I actually updated my post to a more detailed one. Maiinis ka talaga kung paano nila ako pinahirapan. Actually, those are just the most important calls I had with them, may mga follow up calls pa ako that I didn't note down, kasi puro follow ups, checking for the status of my lock in period, and about billing issue only.

I sent my story to NTC already, hopefully sana mag take action sila and help me. Do I also send this to DTI? Sana man lang bigyan ako ng Globe ng goodwill after nitong stress na binigay nila! But I still don't want to continue my subscription with them na lang. Bukas not sure if may pupuntang technician. Kahit maayos nila, I can still close my account diba? Kasi ayoko na ulit maulit ito.  :(

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
^no need to report globe to dti sis since you've already informed ntc.  :)

swim_fatale

• Basta swimmer sweet lover na
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Girls who behave don't make history.
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
PLDT MyDSL. 99 amonth with free landline. Mabilis and I like PLDT's service.
The grass is always greener on MY side.

WanderingShinobi

• I mean so!
  • GirlTalker
  • Go Get Them!
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 12:38:16 AM »
Got a response from NTC na, they will take the necessary action to resolve my problem with Globe! Sana nga because I just called this afternoon and they still want me to pay P9590 as termination fee. Grabe!

Sabi ko nga "Anong termination fee? Eh from the start terminated na nga yung service kasi di nga gumagana eh from the day it was set up". Mga robot talaga sila.

And as expected, supposed to be may naka sked na technician today for onsite visit, Supervisor na yung nag set niyan ha? Ayun as expected, walang dumating. Ang reason? Same thing ang walang katapusang yugto ng "Network Activity" nila!  Wow, since October 5 up till now, Network activity pa rin. Sana ma terminate license ng Globe for bad business practice.

babyjapnurse01

• a fulltime HeadTurner & BigSpender
  • Super GirlTalker
  • the gawjus RN! :)
    • The Pink Thought Bubble
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 05:07:21 AM »
^ nice to know NTC sent you an update rightaway. they would surely do something about that bro.

a tip I could share sa lahat ng andito, once report nyo rightaway once you guys experience faulty/intermittent service whether sa internet pa yan or whatever, and make sure you guys take note of the ticket number na they would give you as the tracking code of your report.
Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.

http://twitter.com/BabyJapDoll
The Pink Thought Bubble

BACKREAD!! NO Excuses!
[textspeak!] = MODiFY your post!

brittani

• GirlTalker
  • I am detective Lee
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 01:20:04 PM »
nagtaka ako nawalan ako ng dsl connection pero gumagana naman landline phone namin. when i ask pldt ang sabi daw nakarestrict ang dsl connection pag ndi nababayaran agad ang bill 5 days after the due date. tapos need daw sila tawagan ulit pag nakabayad na para marestore ang connection 24-48 hrs daw bago mareconnect ulit. ang hassle naman ata. they should have informed us beforehand sa bago nilang rule.
If it's still in your mind, it's worth a try...

stunning_anne

• Best I Ever Had
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 03:41:43 PM »
wanderingshinobi, I am sorry to hear about your case.. Sana maresolve na yan.. Kasi so far masaya pa din kami sa globe..

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
10 Signs You Need a Diet Makeover
When your body talks, you need to listen.
10 Celebrity Holy Week Destinations
How did these stars spend their long vacays?
Be The Fairest of Them All: 5 Ways You Can Get Whiter Underarms
Discover the power of these whitening solutions for yourself!