This is what we did when we moved:
1. Labelled all boxes numerically
2. Listed down what each box contains or where it should go in the new home (ie. Box 1, kitchen, box 2 bathroom, etc)
3. Ensure you have someone oversee the movement of items - for large fragile items, you can wrap in cardboard or bubble wrap
4. Refs should always be kept upright
5. Try to dismantle what you can to save space. Usually movers won't dismantle and reassemble so you may need to get someone else to do this.
6. If possible have someone you know ride with the movers so you can ensure they won't drive off with your items
7. Check with your village, condo, etc for any rules/guidelines for moving large items. Like for our condo, we could only move in 9pm onwards as we don't have a service elevator