Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: I will never read...  (Read 22072 times)

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
Re: I will never read...
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 09:34:14 AM »
I will never read LOTR.  I tried starting it pero sobra ako nabore.  Di ko na tinuloy.

same here. i was never a fan of the book. yung movie hindi ko rin pinanood. its not naman na hatae ko siya pero it never really became interesting para sa akin
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 06:17:57 AM »
Self-help. Or stuff like the secret or eat, pray, love. Or rich dad, poor dad. I also can't stomach yung mga shopaholic chuva.

But most of all, books about people, by people I detest. Like sarah palin. I'd much rather shave my head.

em.em

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »
i will never read eat, pray,love again. i had a hard time reading it, i find the author too self centered and a whiner. some parts are shallow and dull. sa lahat ng nabasa ko na memoirs, this one's a downer. no wonder there are so many negative reviews about this book by gilbert.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnt do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

benchingko

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
Twilight Series.
"Fairy tales, are more than true. Not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated." Neil Gaiman

pomegranate

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
^^ Talaga? Interesting feedback because almost everyone I know from my dentist to my friend are raving about it (must be the movie and the bragging "I've read it even before the movie came about."). I'm planning to read it pa lang so I'll see for myself. Hype rubs off the novelty and so I got turned off most of the time.

E23203

• GirlTalker
  • Bookie and Chanel's Surrogate Mother
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 02:53:22 AM »

Sci - Fi Books - Bores me to tears..

Nice naman ang tagalog novels, pero meron lang talagang super corny ang kababawan.. yun lang.. :D

"Who are you to judge the way i live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be, but before you go pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.."
Bob Marley

Oblina

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Beauty's sister is vanity, and its daughter lust
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »
Shopaholic novels nga ayaw ko din, yung The Devil Wears Prada binasa ko coz I always look for books na may tag na New York Times Bestseller or International Best Seller, e di ko din nagustuhan, pinamigay ko ata... Another book na pinamigay ko lang na bestseller daw e The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Booooooooring

sevinnyne

• }} Is heading her way to oblivion. {{
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 11:01:43 PM »
I'll never read LOTR, PS I Love You, Harry Potter and Tagalog romance pocketbooks.  :P 
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.

liyapot

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 10:11:35 AM »
^hehe i bought those books also and read it.. pahirapang basa.. natamad na ako but my friends urged me to read it maganda daw..sige just to pass time noon.. kapag nag aantay kay hubby or during commute.. whenever.. finally natapos ko din basahin and twilight series....after so many months..umabot yata ng taon...
we tried to watch the movie.. but 15 minutes into the film.. ubos na yung popcorn ko..nag-aya na ako lumabas ng sinehan! tuwang tuwa si hubby!!

ang LOTR tinyaga ko talaga yun..classic eh..

what i wont read.. yung mga self help books and inspirational books... gusto ko kasi umaandar ang imagination ko pag nagbabasa ako..talagang pang fiction lang ako..
"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"

Beng01

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »
Pareho tayo sis, but I will never read the Twilight saga again.
My sister have the complete set, I read the first two ones, medyo dragging and naiinip ako. Noong sikat pa ang Twilight lahat ng tao excited, ako, I tried to convince myself na excited din ako, pero I also watched the 1st two movies just to fit in  :( pero hindi ko talaga nagustuhan, I guess iyong 1st book lang iyong nakaka excite. I really apologize sa mga Twilight fans..

no offense, but i will never read the twilight saga.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:09:57 AM by Beng01 »
Life for me now is Eat, Pray, LOVE!

Thanks be to God for this Gift of Life. Finally soon to be mom this year!!! ♥♥♥

Beng01

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 11:16:24 AM »
I will never read Tagalog pocketbooks again, I was in HS when I chanced upon one book from Precious Hearts Romance. I read it out of boredom. :D Natatawa lang ako sa halip na ma inspire!

I will never read Danielle Steel again, puro drama.

I will never read Mills and Boons again and similar genre. Na bored din ako. I am sorry di ako voracious reader like the others. :(

Life for me now is Eat, Pray, LOVE!

Thanks be to God for this Gift of Life. Finally soon to be mom this year!!! ♥♥♥

^kaye^

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 09:09:56 AM »
I used to say I will never read Tagalog Pocketbooks..

But one day last summer, I was at really bored. I was at National Bookstore and saw Impostor by Martha Cecilia. I remember ABS was quite aggressive in promoting this show, so my curiosity was piqued.

I got a copy and asked my husband to fall in line at the cashier ( :-[)

It was a very light read. Nothing life-altering. The Taglish lines were downright hilarious. Amusing banyo read, really.

But I don't think I'd be buying another Tagalog pocketbook again, unless ABS/GMA makes another adaptation, and I get really really really really curious.

Oh, and I will never read the Twilight Saga. The sappy lines in the movie make me cringe.

But I have some friends who are Twilight fans, and they say the books are better than the movie.

So we'll see...  ::)

heavensent

• a freelancer, a wondermom, a bookworm, a tv addict and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 09:37:47 AM »
i will never read tagalog pocketbooks again, the last time na nagbasa ko nun is nung HS pa ko, madrama masyado..

i also don't like reading self help books..

yapeegurl

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eat Pray Love
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 09:46:24 AM »
i will never read horror books.. masyado wild imagination ko baka hindi ako makatulog.. lol
making a living is not the same thing as making a life

serenitymuse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 02:09:15 PM »
i will never read yung book ni Barbara taylor bradford. Few pages pa lang ako tinamad na kong basahin. Buti na lang sa booksale ko lang binili.

Joycy

• Living life with integrity and order...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • is in love with Kakashi Hatake
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 02:27:31 PM »
I will never read:

1. Tagalog romances
2. yong stories na medyo graphic yong sex
3. horror kasi matakutin ako.

I confess to reading:

1. self-help books.  ;D
2 Twilight series
3. Harry Potter
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

follow me @ www.twitter.com/Venus914

aien

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »
dati nung highschool ako magaganda ang stories ng tagalog pocketbooks cgro mga 90s un..nitong mga bagong labas dko malaman kung matatawa ako o maiinis. pano ba naman mga taglish yung mga description lalo na yung lovemaking jusmio...yung ibang descriptions hinalaw na sa mga english pocketbooks e.

isa pang di ko magawang basahin mga Louis L'Amour books or western novels...
And so it seems that we have met before,
And laughed before and loved before
But who knows where or when

ning kuting

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 07:55:40 PM »
Twilight. Tried reading a few pages and wasn't able to take it. Peace Twilight fans.  ;D

icysunitz

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »
akala ko ako lang ang di gustong magbasa nag LOTR, Twilight Saga and Harry Potter.. my barkada tease me na outdated for not even watching the movie versions of the books.  i don't know, ayaw ko lang talaga.. wala akong drive to watch or read it.

Yung harry potter, may book 1 ako, but i think 1st page palang, nakatulog na ako.. i'd rather read Election Laws! hahahaha

I-add ko na ring ang 100 years of Solitude by gabriel garcia marquez... maganda daw pero ewan ko ba.. it bored me to tears.

Eat Pray Love na book version.. same as the movie.. dragging and boring.. =(

cai2179

• GirlTalker
  • GM of CP
    • Chef Paul's
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 09:10:11 PM »
finally found others na hindi din hp at twilight fans. kahit movies wala akong pinanood dun. its not that i hate them. i hate the fact na sobrang hype na and everyone's (including all my friends) WAY excited everytime na release ng new book or movie. kasi when everyone wants/ goes ga** over it, it seems baduy na for me.

@icysunitz i get op din when my friends talk about hp or twilight. haha.

Twilight Saga and LOTR, although I might gave the latter a chance.

maybe someday i might read lotr too.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.