Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 22 SEP 14
Problems with doggy ticks and fleas? A fine-toothed comb will help you brush them out--just be sure to kill them (e.g., in vinegar or alcohol) so
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Should I resign?  (Read 10362 times)

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
Re: Should I resign?
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
its been ages since i posted my problem...

well... i already left the company. i thought tatanda na ako sa company na iyon... pero hindi pala...  floater pa ako sa ngayon... pero i felt relieved and happy na hindi na ako part ng company nila...
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

zhajhei_08

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »
probationary palang ako, kaso I dont feel happy. Im having a unhealthy mind. Its true pala, na kaya pala nagreresign yung iba dahil sa boss nila. My boss is like a Anna Manalastas of 100 days. Evertyime I have mistakes, I stood infront of her listening on her sayings, advice or whatever they called that.. parang sinabon, binanlawan, shinampoo at ki-nunditoner ka pa.. ganun yung nararasan ko.. Lahat naman kame ganun sa department namen, kaya pala halos lahat kame bago. kase lagengmay nagreresign or nagaawol sa dept na to.. nakakababa kase ng moral at ego yung everytime na sinisisgawan ka at she doenst care kung ano sasabihin ng ibang tao.

Sinasabe pa niya, ako nga dati, ganto eh.. lage niya kinumpara yung self niya samen. feeling ko lahat ng nararasanasan niya naeexperience namen. tapos dahil sa workloads mo lagpas na sa office hours mo yung pag stay. O-Ty ba.. nagpaparal kase ako ng kapatid ko eh, problemado ako di ako pwede mabakanteng walang work...
Tough outside but simply soft inside...
Im a good sample of a sassy girl!

Dyuan

• ayeee!
  • GirlTalker
  • looking around
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
probationary palang ako, kaso I dont feel happy. Im having a unhealthy mind. Its true pala, na kaya pala nagreresign yung iba dahil sa boss nila. My boss is like a Anna Manalastas of 100 days. Evertyime I have mistakes, I stood infront of her listening on her sayings, advice or whatever they called that.. parang sinabon, binanlawan, shinampoo at ki-nunditoner ka pa.. ganun yung nararasan ko.. Lahat naman kame ganun sa department namen, kaya pala halos lahat kame bago. kase lagengmay nagreresign or nagaawol sa dept na to.. nakakababa kase ng moral at ego yung everytime na sinisisgawan ka at she doenst care kung ano sasabihin ng ibang tao.

Sinasabe pa niya, ako nga dati, ganto eh.. lage niya kinumpara yung self niya samen. feeling ko lahat ng nararasanasan niya naeexperience namen. tapos dahil sa workloads mo lagpas na sa office hours mo yung pag stay. O-Ty ba.. nagpaparal kase ako ng kapatid ko eh, problemado ako di ako pwede mabakanteng walang work...

can relate, sobrang perfectionist ni amo. BOW

aoshi_01

• Fabulously Plus-Sized
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 02:08:53 AM »
I was about to post a topic with the same title.

In this scenario naman, I just got promoted August 2011 as one of the new product trainers (I work in a call center). However, HR made us sign a form that says once we are no longer needed, we go back to being customer service reps. Which was fine with me. And of course the usual flexibility clause.

However, lately it seems na yung workload hindi na tama. Minsan the boss would make us go on split offs, hiwalay ang rest day. And there was this one time na isang araw lang ang buong rest day ko, and he made me come in 4 hours on both days of the weekend. Is this even allowed in the Labor Code?

And if it's my rest day hindi niya ako tinitigilan ng text regarding training classes wherein I wasn't scheduled to come in on those days naman.

Paiba-iba ang nagiging decision ko from time to time. At times, I'm thinking of resigning and just resume being an agent since given that I resign from this company - my Certificate of Employment would still state that I'm an agent. Even my mom who doesn't meddle with my career is asking me to resign already.

If you're in my position, would you just look for a better company?

Sorry for the long post.
Courtesy is not expensive & can pay big dividends.

I Blog
I Tumbl
I Tweet

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 01:07:31 PM »

super-relate. kaya lang ang consolation ko na lang, lax ang office sa admin rules. ang flexi-time ay over sa pagka-flexi. like pwedeng pumasok ng 12:00, pero mag-eextend ka, pero di naman mandatory. walang pass slip kapag lalabas ng office. pero nakaka-demoralize lang kasi para ka namang julalay kapag may meeting na out of town. NGO to.
An act of dishonesty is a lie to one's own soul. Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.

zhajhei_08

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »
Just for an update..

I made a right decision.. nagresigned ako.. and have new work na din.
Im enjoying my life now.. basta mga sis pag di na kayo masaya at naapakan na mga ego or moral nyo step outside, yes mahirap maghanap ng work pero faith lang yan.. at gawa... makakaya nyo din..
Tough outside but simply soft inside...
Im a good sample of a sassy girl!

yndy

• vanidosang prinsesa at
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I really wanted to resign na kasi i feel nabu-burn out na ako sa office. Since stressful din kasi ang demands ng work. Mga officemates ko wala naman ako problem. I don't know pero alam nyo yung feeling na "it's not you, it's me" kind of thing? I;ve considered doing homebased jobs, actually natanggap na ako sa isang online teaching.

Eto lang ang dilemna ko, I still have loans Until this October I need dapat 10k monthly to pay for it. 3 kasi yun. Yung Loan A ko which is 4500/mo matatapos in October, Loan B which is 3500/mo matatapos Oct 2013 and yung CC ko which is 2k/mo matatapos ng August 2013. Since wala pa ako 5 years sa company, 4years na ako sa April 14, backpay ko is yun last salary ko plus tax refund and leave credits na halos naubos ko na since nagleave ako ng ilang days trying to think about this dilemna

Hirap akong magdecide because of the loans I have. Though ang decision ko ngayon is more on 80/20 80 dun sa pagreresign ko. Any advise sisters?
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
http://www.mywedding.com/raffyatyndy

uryviel091

• Probationary
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »
Hi girls!

I would really need advice here. Is it ok to quit a job when a month after I joined?

So here's the story. I'm 27, married with a 3 y/o. I am currently the finance manager for a company in the 4th year of operations.

When I joined, ang dami kong nakitang loopholes with the finance team to the point na integrity ng prev manager is in question.

Now, the company is under BIR audit, external audit as well. I would want to have peace of mind and I fear na eventually my own integrity would be in question even if di ko naman fault un, but the prev managers. I don't want my rep tarnished because of my stint with this company.

I'm the 3rd finance manager in 4 years. Everyday may nakikita akong fishy about the company. Even sa management may duda ako, kasi alam na nila may problems before but still nagtagal pa [textspeak!] prev manager.

Hindi rin ako confident about the management. From what I deduced, kulang sa strategy and vision.

What do you guys think? I want to leave before its too late.

whitebishop

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
Hi girls!

I would really need advice here. Is it ok to quit a job when a month after I joined?

So here's the story. I'm 27, married with a 3 y/o. I am currently the finance manager for a company in the 4th year of operations.

When I joined, ang dami kong nakitang loopholes with the finance team to the point na integrity ng prev manager is in question.

Now, the company is under BIR audit, external audit as well. I would want to have peace of mind and I fear na eventually my own integrity would be in question even if di ko naman fault un, but the prev managers. I don't want my rep tarnished because of my stint with this company.

I'm the 3rd finance manager in 4 years. Everyday may nakikita akong fishy about the company. Even sa management may duda ako, kasi alam na nila may problems before but still nagtagal pa [textspeak!] prev manager.

Hindi rin ako confident about the management. From what I deduced, kulang sa strategy and vision.

What do you guys think? I want to leave before its too late.

My 2 cents. You can make a good fight and fix whatever needs fixing.  Be part of the solution, some may be alienated by someone, specially a newcomer trying to fix things but well I guess it will be better to walk away saying that you tried and failed rather than just walk away. In the first so much can be learned but in the latter nothing is proved. For junior to middle level positions the challenge is not about doing work or to propose sound ideas.  The real challenge is to bring about change as seamless as possible with the least pain possible.  Not everyone will be pleased but if you get to make it happen, you will be on another level

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.