Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 02 OCT 14
Involve yourself in your child’s life by inviting his friends over for a playdate. While you’re at it, invite the mommies of his pals as well
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Should I resign?  (Read 10370 times)

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
Should I resign?
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
In this day and age, we know na its hard to land a job, specially a good paying job.

I have a job. I earn 9k a month more or less. I've been with this company for 7 years now. The first 5 years of my job, my pay started from 230 a day, raised to 250 and to 280 per day. When I got "promoted" almost two years ago, may salary increased from being a daily employee to being "monthly paid".

Promotions were opened (again) and everyone was encouraged to apply. I did. All the positions that I saw myself qualified and fit, I applied for them. Sadly, I was not chosen. Recently, they opened another set of positions and as usual, I applied. I thought that I will be picked as one of the people who will be promoted since the requirements of one of the positions I applied for was exactly what I am. I am qualified and fit for that said position and everybody knows, or thought pala told me that since I am the last of my batch (all of them are promoted na) eh that position is already "mine".

Well, it was not given to me. It was given to a newer employee. She hasn't even been with the company for a year.

I already talked to the appointing authority about this but he has not changed his mind.

I do not know what to do. I am angry and hurt and I want to resign already. But I cannot since I am supporting my family. Please help me.

♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

evilwoman

• Super GirlTalker
    • By Nature Handmade Soaps, Carrot Health Soap, Human Heart Nature Products
Re: Should I resign?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:26:41 PM »
^ aawww.. so sorry about that sis.. pero if i were in your situation, mahhurt talaga ako.. pero konting hinahon muna and keep quiet na lang. pag nagingay pa kasi, baka maunahan ka. mahirap mawalan ng trabaho ng walang sure na lilipatan..
simulan mo na magapply sa labas then resign pag may malilipatan ka na. graceful exit pa din dapat kahit may konting ngitngit kaya ka naghanap ng ibang trabaho.. sa tinagal mo dyan, mahirap na magburn ng bridge..

ysa.belle

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »
Issue nga yung promotion, hindi lang kase ako ang hindi napromote. Puro sila mga new at meron din isang senior na hindi napromote. Kesho per backer daw. May sumigaw pa nga na if may mag-complain eh pahihirapan at siguraduhin na kaya ang babanggain. Grabe. Lumalabas na ngayon na may mga tinatago sila kaya ganyan sila.

Mahirap lang talaga. Kung wala lang akong pamilyang sinusuportahan at mga dues na dapat bayaran eh---- Naku!
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥

annehall

• GirlTalker
  • The world is not perfect,that's why it's beautiful
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »
hi sis, you know what, you have the same situation like my sister.
A newer associate was promoted bypassing her.

She was really sad and p*ssed. Her reaction was to resign because she said that she was hurt and humiliated. We tried to talk her out on resigning but she said that it's her final decision. Then when she calmed down she said that she'll find another job first before leaving her current company. She's on a job hunt right now. Why not do the same before leaving your current company.
environmental advocacy matters... a lot!

hisana

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »
I'm just going to echo what evilwoman said -- yes, start looking around. Hurt feelings aside, it's such a blow to your career na qualified ka na nga and all (and a long-time employee pa), tapos hindi ka pa napromote. Bakit, di ba.

Kailan ba uli ang next promotion? You can hang around until that happens (which I hope is hindi masyado malayo in the future) and see if you get it that time around, pero I'm all for seeking greater opportunities (a.k.a. higher pay, LOL).

Good luck, good luck.
"All that is gold does not glitter; all that is long does not last; all that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past."

evilwoman

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
^^^ the more na kailangan maghanap ka na ng lilipatan mo.. hehe.. tip lang just in case limot mo na magpainterview at tanungin ka ng inaapplyan mo kung bakit ka naghahanap ng bagong job.. never badmouth your current employer.. basta konting hinahon lang at pag may nalipatan ka, makita mo, mas mabilis pa pagasenso mo sa mga nagbypass sa yo. yaan mo sila mastuck sa ganung klaseng company na kung wala pang backer e di pa mappromote..

ysa.belle

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
There are jobs out there, most of them are call center jobs. But I cannot work in a call center since I have a child to attend too. As of now, I have been checking sites where I could pass my C.V. I hope the right job comes along... Soon.

Most of my officemates told us to complain but how can we complain if the person/s we are to approach are also the person/s who chose those who were recently promoted. Sabi nga nila "Luto" ang ginawa nila.

ysa.belle

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 04:55:04 PM »
Kailan ba uli ang next promotion? You can hang around until that happens (which I hope is hindi masyado malayo in the future) and see if you get it that time around, pero I'm all for seeking greater opportunities (a.k.a. higher pay, LOL).

Good luck, good luck.

Next promotion? Naku sis, wala na muna daw oopen na promotion. Usap usapan eh next year pa ra. I will be seeking for other opportunities.

Ang sakit nga lang. Per backer nalang talaga...  >:(

evilwoman

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 04:56:39 PM »
^ malay mo may matigok na isa sa kanila e di another open position yun..  ;D joke lang po..  ;D

ysa.belle

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
hmmm... malay mo nga noh sis? hehe  ;D

pero sana ma fedex ang karma ng mga namili ng positions. hindi na sila nahiya kase hindi lang naman ako yung ginanyan nila. meron pang iba.

san ba kayo makakakita na wala pang 6 months ang employee eh biglang ipromote ng mataas? sabi pa nga dito baka puri daw ang pinalit niya.  ;D

madami kase hocus pocus sa company namin. sabi naman nila natatakot sila magpromote ng "may alam" para mapasunod nila sa gusto nila.

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »
Sis, may mga opening din daw sa banks diba? Ano ba line of work mo? Kasi baka may makapag refer sa amin sa iyo.

Malamang hindi ako kasama doon kasi sa call center ako nagwo work. hehe
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

health.gal

• I'm a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Experimental Blogger
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 11:11:53 PM »
why don't you try applying for a new job discreetly. do not tell any of your officemates about it. then, if you find a better opportunity, by all means resign. malay mo, magalok pa yung current company mo ng salary increase or baka mag create sila ng bagong position just to hold you.
"The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change." Carl Rogers

Our Wedsite: http://mydreamplanner.blogspot.com/

ysa.belle

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 09:43:58 AM »
@ sis chengkii

Business Administration ang course ko sis. Pwede naman ako sa call center since okay naman ang English Speaking SKills ko. Pero since I am a mom kaya iintindihin ko rin ang schedule ng baby ko.

ysa.belle

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 09:52:46 AM »
@sis health.gal

i am applying na sis. via internet lang talaga kaya ko kase wala naman time for job hunting personally. sana makahanap ako tamang job for me.

ylisza

• cutie.. cutie..
  • GirlTalker
  • whatever yaya! you're such a loser..
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »
kaloka girl.. kung saken nangyari yan, aalis talaga ako pero kung titingnan mo naman ang sitwasyon ng ekonomiya ngayon, napakahirap humanap ng trabaho at napakaswerteng nilalang na natin na may trabaho tayo sa panahon ngayon..

magaling ka.. hindi ka naman makakatagal diyan sa company mo kung hindi ka magaling.. yun nga lang, kung hindi talaga ukol ang promotion para sa iyo, hindi bubukol.. kaya sana mag hunos-dili ka kung sa pagdedesisyon ng pagreresign.. siguro hindi lang talaga para sayo..

alam mo, kung mayaman nga lang tayo e walang problema,. hehe! kaloka.. kung ayaw nila ipromote ka.. wehhh.. LOL! resign! ang kaso.. hindi naman ganon..
Gifted child. Blessed. Thanks be to God!

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »
Yan ang problem sa Philippine society. ang lakas ng padrino system. yes we do have a glass ceiling.

7 years ka na sis. you should either be climbing up the ladder or should be somewhere else. staying long in one place, without internal movement, may not look good in a resume. and like the rest of our sisses here, i think its time for you to go.

keep on trying.
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

ysa.belle

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »
^7 years. it seems like a lifetime. well, i started there kase when i was still in college, when i graduated eh napromote naman ako, pero hindi permanent, naging monthly paid employee from daily paid. pero yung masakit kase eh naunahan pako ng 1 employee na wala pang 6months. 17000 agad ang magiging sweldo niya eh ako magkano lang. work politics talaga.

i am trying. i am looking for another job. meron call center pero hindi ako pwedi since mommy na ako. kawawa naman ang anak ko pag nag call center ako. pero i am trying talaga. and naghahanap talaga ako ng ibang mapapasukan

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
Sis, if you're exploring and is open to working in a call center...but needs a daytime shift, meron naman. Like iyun mga back office programs. Normally, processing ginagawa nun. So US night time sila nagwo work...which is day time natin sa Pilipinas. Kung maganda din ang English Communication Skills mo, you can try being an email support staff sa JP Morgan Chase...sa The Fort iyun. The last I heard, nasa 15K to 30K ang sweldo doon ng email agent...pero depende sa galing mo din makipag bargain. Email sa kanila works daytime din (6am to 3pm or 7am to 4pm or 12nn to 9pm).

Good luck sa jobhunting!
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

lilmissprettydiva

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »
In this day and age, we know na its hard to land a job, specially a good paying job.

I have a job. I earn 9k a month more or less. I've been with this company for 7 years now. The first 5 years of my job, my pay started from 230 a day, raised to 250 and to 280 per day. When I got "promoted" almost two years ago, may salary increased from being a daily employee to being "monthly paid".

Promotions were opened (again) and everyone was encouraged to apply. I did. All the positions that I saw myself qualified and fit, I applied for them. Sadly, I was not chosen. Recently, they opened another set of positions and as usual, I applied. I thought that I will be picked as one of the people who will be promoted since the requirements of one of the positions I applied for was exactly what I am. I am qualified and fit for that said position and everybody knows, or thought pala told me that since I am the last of my batch (all of them are promoted na) eh that position is already "mine".

Well, it was not given to me. It was given to a newer employee. She hasn't even been with the company for a year.

I already talked to the appointing authority about this but he has not changed his mind.

I do not know what to do. I am angry and hurt and I want to resign already. But I cannot since I am supporting my family. Please help me.

Sis sorry to hear about this. Try your luck with other companies. For sure meron pa mas malaki mag offer ng salary at growth sa ibang company. I bet sign na rin ito na you need to move on to another job opportunity. Don't waste your life there.

Basta make sure that when you resign meron na kapalit. Its not fair for you to endure this too minimum salary.

ysa.belle

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 09:11:33 AM »
it really hurts me whenever i see the girl who "stole" my position. alam ng lahat akin na iyon tapos biglang they gave it to her. hanggang ngayon i am still looking for a job. hindi ganun kadali ang maghanap ng work ngayon.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.