Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: dad's merienda buffet  (Read 13035 times)

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
Re: dad's merienda buffet
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 11:02:38 AM »
i decided to forgo na lang the merienda buffet.. hectic na strictly 3-5pm only. what if you have friends who come late, or we don't get to start the baptism rights on time, etc.
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

robinemz

• GirlTalker
    • Our family blog
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 12:39:16 PM »
hi sis twelvth_goddess! singit lang ako sa topic kasi we went to dad's megamall to celebrate my daughter's birthday last month. Simple celebration lang [textspeak!] celebrated na yung bday ni bunso together with her ate so family ko and family ng hubby ko lang naman ang kasama. We arrived there around 4pm na. We got our foods sa dad's buffet, tapos sabi ko you can go back anytime kasi nga eat all you can. Ayun, my dad went back tapos nakita yung table sa other side, na lunch buffet pala ng Kamay Kainan. Walang nagbangit na iba yung rates nila dun (P380 or P360 ata yun). Pag balik  nya sa table namin tuwang-tuwa si papa hehe and said yung isang buffet dun may rice tapos halo-halo pa. Eh di natuwa naman ang mom ko, sinama pa yaya ko. Kaya extra 3 lunch buffet pa tuloy yung binayaran ko. Sori napakwento lang.. sana hindi mangyari sa yo yun. Or better yet, imention ng host na wag yung yellow plate. hehe. Bat ba [textspeak!] me lunch buffet pa dun ng 4pm? Ganun ba talga.. 

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 04:28:58 PM »
^oo ang alam ko pag ganong oras may Kamayan buffet pa din. I have to make sure na ibilin na merienda buffet yung amin hehe..

Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

ichelie

• The Handy Mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm a Handy Mommy!
    • Handy Mommy, handy thoughts on on the journey as a wife, a mom, a counselor, and my own person.
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
we had our baby's baptism and son's 3rd birthday at dad's megamall last year.  we didnt encounter any problems.  here are some points i can recall:
*we reserved for 100 guests and got the enclosed function room
*added P300 for the sound system and the extra tables;
*paid additional for hanging balloons (about 25@; same if i availed outside - sila pa nagkabit)
* no corkage for cakes
* there are swags on the cieling for a festive feel
*did not availed of baptismal packages
*our guest were there even before 3 cause we put in the invite: strictly 2:30-5pm only.
*mahaba yung pila when the merienda buffet opened. but after awhile, naubos din ang pila & yung mga guests na namin ang sumuko sa buffet as they were so full.  my guests went back and forth and nag abang ng pag refill ng siomai, til ayaw na nila :P
*program: short prayer, eating, and about 3 games and then cake blowing; then eating continues
*heard from the coordinator there (Ms. Irene, who is really nice and attentive to our needs) that some parties have lengthly programs kaya the downside was hindi na enjoy ng guests yung food kasi may set time to eat (as dictated by the one having the party), and they end up lining up. 
* there were waiters assigned to us to buss the tables and fill in our drinks.
* for babies - no charge; for kids 3 and above, the charge is 1pax.  this depends if nakisubo lang or kumain talaga yung kid.  for my son, he really ate the spag and the small cakes.
*i thought of guests who will come late, but thats their risk.  i feel na na communicate ko na trough text and invite.  so far, the latest came at 4pm.  buffet is open til 5pm.
*parking was okay on a sunday at around 2 pm
our bapstim in christ the king started exactly 130 and ended at 2pm (inlcuding picture taking) and so we were at megamall at about 2:30.
we were not able to be get in the function room right away, cause we were early for our reservation.  it was a few minutes waiting at the chairs outside of Dad's.

So far, it was great for us! value for money and the time.  it was P180/pax with bottomless iced tea (2009).  We didnt plan on having a lenghthy program cause we want to enjoy eating and just chatting with the family.
It just depends I guess, ion what we want, and if it would fit the kind of celebration we want.  For us, it was well!  ;)
The best life valuing the essentials - family, relationships, faith, & being my own person!
Parenting, Relationships, Mommy Wellness, Expert tips at: http://handymommy.wordpress.com

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 11:08:43 AM »
^sis, hinde ba nagkaron ng confusion yung guests mo kung anong buffet ang para sainyo dahil nga may buffet din ang Kamayan at that time?

ichelie

• The Handy Mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm a Handy Mommy!
    • Handy Mommy, handy thoughts on on the journey as a wife, a mom, a counselor, and my own person.
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 11:26:55 AM »
^ Nope, we announced which table they should get their food, and the plate colors.   Then since were occupying the right most function room, thats the merienda area and the siomai area, kaya everyone knows that our food is the merienda buffet!
The best life valuing the essentials - family, relationships, faith, & being my own person!
Parenting, Relationships, Mommy Wellness, Expert tips at: http://handymommy.wordpress.com

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 10:00:25 PM »
^we tried the merienda buffet na kanina and itinaon namin na payday weekend sale. hinde masyadong siksikan kanina (worry ko yon kase kasama namin baby ko and malaki yung stroller nya) and although nagbi-build up yung pila, mabilis naman umusad and ilang beses ka pa din makakabalik (twice ako and 4 times my hubby).

sana ganto din ang situation sa reception namin. sis ichelie, on top of the per head rate, may mga additional pa ba sa bill mo non or nett na sya talaga?

ichelie

• The Handy Mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm a Handy Mommy!
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »
^180 per head ako nun.  100 pax.  nag add on kami ng balloons (about 500php & and yung rent ng karaoke, and the gift and cake table, about 300).  yung lang.  all in na yung per head rate.  :) sulit!

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 09:22:49 AM »
My daughter's baptism was held yesterday and here are some of the notable points:

+ A lot of the godparents weren't able to make it to Christ the King kaya they went to Dad's Megamall na lang. Even my husband's family weren't able to make it. I was very upset but that's another story...

+ Traffic was really bad in Ortigas. As in! We arrived at Dad's at 3:45 and we had to get off the car and leave my husband to park the car. And take note, we got off at the ground floor pa. Most of my guests were stuck in traffic too. Payday weekend+November xmas shopping rush was not a good mix. We thought it was going to be ok since we went to Dad's megamall about 2 weeks ago on a payday weekend sale but the roads were fine. I guess more people are doing their xmas shopping already.

+ Despite the traffic, all of our guests were able to make it naman and even those who came like 20 minutes before 5 were able to maximize the food. We stayed on the function room beyond 5, like around 7 pa since there was no other function naman.

+ The waiters didn't count the kids na. So all in all, we paid for 100 people kahit 88 lang sila. Sayang but it's ok na din.

+ I didnt get to eat but our guests were very satisfied naman na they were able to go back to the buffet until they were very full.

+ The funtion room was nicely decorated na din. The tables I requested were made up nicely din and the tarpaulin was cute. They also accomodated my cupcake supplier who went there at 2pm to set up.

Overall, I would say that I made a great choice considering my budget.

ichelie

• The Handy Mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm a Handy Mommy!
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 08:21:02 AM »
^ hi sis, good that you celebrated the baptism well.  sulit talaga food.  good na okay yung experience mo with Dad's.  I was in megamall yesterday, at 10.30, wala ng parking so hubby parked at podium.  we were surprised to see a lot of people at the mall early that morning. 

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »
^oo grabe yung traffic sis as in! first time lang din yata namin na-experience na pag wala pang umaalis sa covered parking eh hinde sila nagpapapasok ng sasakyan. i almost thought na we werent going to make it hehe.

FABems

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 03:02:16 AM »
mga sisters mayroon na nung shawarma,corndog at tacos as new additions?

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 08:57:10 AM »
^oo meron non sa buffet line nila. ang sarap ng corndog and shawarma nila.

piao_liang

• crazy.beautiful and a certified
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 12:17:58 PM »
^^^ I'm considering Dad's Megamall Merienda buffet for my baby's 1st birthday. Pwede kaya na 2pm papuntahin yung guest sis?Function room is for free naman di ba?
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade ... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »
^Pag walang previous function pwede siguro. Kame naman non nag-extend until 7pm, dapat til 5pm lang but since there wasnt any function after us, pinayagan kame pero yung half na lang ng function room kase iopen na to diners yung kabila.

piao_liang

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »
^ i went to dad's yesterday, unfortunately meron ng slot ng May 1 pero hindi pa naman nagkokonfirm. Additional 3500 daw for the balloons and cake/gift tables. Then pag mag padecor ka sa iba, 30minutes lang ang ibibigay na time and dapat hindi pa inflated ha.
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade ... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

ichelie

• The Handy Mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm a Handy Mommy!
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
^^^ I'm considering Dad's Megamall Merienda buffet for my baby's 1st birthday. Pwede kaya na 2pm papuntahin yung guest sis?Function room is for free naman di ba?

depends yan sis, so check with them.  i had  a function there for 3pm, we wrote sa invites n 2.30.  guests were early, but they cannot open the room yet cause its still being cleaned up after their lunch buffet functions!

^ sis,yung additional 3500, standard na yun? dati optional lang ang bayad ng amenities.  kaya i like the function we had.  i just added for the cake-gift tables, sound system and balloons. 

piao_liang

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 04:00:42 AM »
actually 4k talaga sis, pero since hindi naman kami gagamit ng kiddie chairs pinatanggal namin, so for the balloon decors and cake table etc 3500 ang sinigil.

babytintin

• GirlTalker
  • happy to inspire
    • Press On The Goal
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »
Anyone who has tried celebrating a kid's party in Dad's recently?
I'm considering Dad's Megamall merienda buffet for my little boy's 1st birthday.
Major driver talaga for Dad's Merienda Buffet is the price, para mas maraming mabusog. Kaya lang baka hindi pwede yung mga naiisip namin set-up for jungle theme. Also pwede bang mag-program?

Anyway, we'll try to check out the place this coming weekend.
Striving to be the best mother, wife, unit manager and personal finance advocate that I can be - my service and worship to my Heavenly Father, God Almighty.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.