Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 16 SEP 14
Feeling down? Happiness is contagious, so surround yourself with positive thinkers. They'll have your mood up in no time!
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: House Contractor-all about them!  (Read 26947 times)

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: House Contractor-all about them!
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »
^sis, there already are existing threads concerning your questions. Check the links below:

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,227729.0.html

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,239933.0.html

vuzhia

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »
Mga sis, sa mga nag request ng contact number ng contractor na kilala ko, just PM kasi para dun na lang ako magreply, nalilito na kasi ako. sorry!

sis kamusta naman yung house contractor nyo? nakalipat na ba kayo? mukhang busy ka na...hindi ko pa nahihingi contact details ng contractor mo, kase hindi pa naman nag start construction ng house namin, ang tagal ng developer namin...hopefully next month, then kami ng bahala sa finishing.  ;)
Death - the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening......

RoyalWeddingFavors

• GirlTalker
    • Unique Wedding Favors
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »
try mo Maribella Construction, mas kusa sila kasi yung may-ari pumunta pa siya sa engineering office ng developer para i-consult sa engineer nila kung ok na ba yung design na ginawa nya. design concept lang kasi yung ibinigay namin sa kanila. tsaka di taga yung estimate nila. very reasonable.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/3221738/M+A+R+I+B+E+L+LA+C+O+N+S+T+R+U+C+T+I+O+N+++-+Contact+Us+Now+%21+..+.

vanlei

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »
pag nagpa renovate ba mga sis, ilang percent ang normal na downpayment sa contractor? Im planning to have my house renovated, up and down siya 2 bedrooms plus one walk in closet,2 baths and kitchen pa and living room, iniisip ko palang mukhang dami ng gastos:)

HeartHeart

• PEACE in your heart, SUCCESS in your path, and ANSWERS to your prayers
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Live life with a joyful heart!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 10:44:09 PM »
^ ang alam ko 10% of total cost... not sure... hehe.   :-*
Me: PCOS                    HSG: Patent Tubes
DH: Normal                  IUI#1: BFN

Puregon: BFP               Now a MOM  :)

leelou

• Senior GirlTalker
  • fifth element
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 11:13:37 PM »
My contractor is Nat Simon. Originally got him for my kitchen but he is also doing my drop ceilings, some door and window widening, and a few other stuff.

hi sis! how's his work so far? my mom is planning to construct her kitchen. i've heard of Mr Nat Simon  from another forum. pwede po pahingi ng contact no. nya, email or website?
Life always offers you a second chance. It's called tomorrow.

maricar14

• Bitchy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Missed our chance again for another 6 years!!!
    • Cafe Chocolat
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »
^ Hi sis. Okay naman. Delayed but okay. Will PM you his mobile.
"Leadership must be earned, not bought nor inherited."  -
Richard J. Gordon

http://maricar-cafe-chocolat.blogspot.com/

goosebumps

• GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »
pag nagpa renovate ba mga sis, ilang percent ang normal na downpayment sa contractor? Im planning to have my house renovated, up and down siya 2 bedrooms plus one walk in closet,2 baths and kitchen pa and living room, iniisip ko palang mukhang dami ng gastos:)

in our case it's 40% DP then 30%, 25% then last payment 5%.

icar_ni_dencio

• Probationary
  • "I found the one whom my soul loves."
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 03:31:47 AM »
           Mga sis, BEWARE OF A CONTRACTOR NAMED MARLON T. SAN ANDRES from Silang Cavite, he was recommended to us by the property manager of Camella homes in our village and got him to have our house extended kase gusto na namin ni hubby maganda na ang kitchen. Maayos naman kausap sa start and we were very transparent with him from the start na kelangan by july tapos na kase mag end contract na kame sa condo namin ng July and we know we'll be in trouble financially kase mahirap na pagsabayin, we emphasized on the timeline if kaya nya kase mid April of 2011 na nun and sabe nya kaya daw ng 1.5 months lang so dapat June tapos na siya which will give us enough time to pack our stuff, clean and decorate. But to our dismay, it took him 4 months to finish the 1.5 month project, when July came, we have to make pakiusap sa aming landlady so nagextend pa kame and nagbayad ng additional rent sa condo so the money that was supposed to be for decorating ay napunta lang sa rent. By August, we can't wait any longer so lumipat kame kahit hindi pa gawa ang kitchen namin and andame pang rework na dapat gawin. Pero, the timeline is just one of the many things that disappoints us. Second and most importantly is yung quality ng work and professionalism, syempre sariling bahay and hard-earned money ang ginastos dun e and the fact na kaya nga naghire ka ng general contractor kase we expected that he oversees the work, check quality and i-correct yung mga dapat i-correct, but again, we were disappointed kase kame pa rin pala ang gagawa nun. Every week we'll drive 11 miles  (during the last two weeks before the deadline, everyday nasa site ako) just to check yung gawa nila, we would notice na minsan walang taong gumagawa o kaya naman if meron man isa lang, ang nakakainis pa dun, pag nireremind mo yung timeline, sinasabe sa yo palage e madali lang yan, onti na lang gagawin, upto a week before the deadline, yun pa rin ang maririnig mo sa kanya. We also noticed na pag nauubos na ang cash nya, nagmamabait mabaitan and biglang magpapakitang gilas na marameng tao ang gagawa ng bahay mo just to get some money off of you then after that, wala na naman gagawa. Three days before the original deadline came, 1 tao lang na nagpapaint ng ceiling ang gumagawa sa bahay, I texted him and asked him kung yun lang ba ang gagawin na work ngayun? and again, reminded him na di na sya aabot sa deadline pero as usual, sinabi nya na naman na kaya daw matapos yun. Nagstart lang sya maghabol two days before the deadline, and natural, hindi nya talaga matatapos ang house. He was making a pass on us na wala na sya budget, I was very hesitant to give him money kase I expected na dapat by this time nagawa na nya yung project or kung meron mang dapat gawin e super konti na lang pero up to that time andame pang gagawin so we asked him kung ilang weeks ba and magkano ba ang kelangan nya para matapos lang yung bahay syempre hindi naman pede na buong balance ang bigay namin sa kanya he said 2 weeks and 35K, we gave him the extended weeks that he asked for and gave him 35K, pero ayun, after two weeks, hindi pa rin nya natapos. I was very angry at this time kase we felt duped and manipulated. Ang nakakainis pa since nagsasalita na ko, I was dubbed as masungit and demanding na pinagkakalat pa nya sa mga tauhan nya and ibang tao which in fact hindi because I am just being truthful and assertive to what needs to be done. He also keeps texting my husband about money matters where in fact, ako ang kausap nya, as if naman hindi kame naguusap ng asawa ko and very open naman kame sa isa't isa. Tapos, hindi naman kame mahirap magbayad, kapag kelangan niya ng cash advance, binibigay namin. For me he was very unprofessional talaga, a weak project manager lacking in technical skills and an inexperienced leader which resulted in poor work such as:

1. Palpak na installation of granite floors - We provided the granite floors which costs us PHP210 per piece - 105 pieces yun so anlake din ng perang nailabas duon but it was not properly installed, nakaangat ang tiles and kung hindi pa namin sinabi na nakaangat, hindi talaga nya balak icorrect. Yung iba nakaangat pa rin hanggang ngayon. Sayang lang yung granite :(

2.  They did not waterproof the sides and slab of the extended part of the house - we only realized this nung bumagyo na. This should have been done on June pa lang or before rainy season dahil antagal na nakatayo nung walls. They did this on August. This results in: lumobong wood sa kitchen cabinet and stains sa wall paints, bumaha sa kitchen floor and sumisirit na tubig from ground

3. Very poor masonry work - baku baku ang mga walls namin sa kitchen and sa tinibag na walls nung pag extend, u can see it kahit lagyan ng pintura. They only put masilya everywhere as if it'll cover everything up. It should have been grinded pala (nalaman ko lang sa isa pang contractor who went and looked at our home) then liha then masilya (if needed) and then painted.

4. They did not report na may tulo pala sa electric pillbox namin, buti na lang my husband happens to be there when one of his workers tries to cover it up (hay, masusunugan pa kame ng di oras!). Walang initiative talaga.

5. Our sliding doors have dried cement drops all over them na ang hirap hirap tanggalin, hanggang ngaun ang kalat tingnan. Yung sa outer walls and firewall nga wala pang balak ayusin yung pintura kung hindi pa namin pinilit :(

6. Bad paint job sa baku bakung kitchen island, countertops, walls and cabinets namin and when I say baku baku, imagine chipped cemented walls . Ang pangit talaga tingnan. :(

7. Bleeding wall sa kitchen island - upto now (1 month after) it's still bleeding. Pag dikitan mo, may kakapit na pintura sa damit mo. Sabe ng papa ko maling pintura ang ginamit kaya parang nagmemelt yung paint or cheap daw na paint :(

8. Our kitchen island na tabingi, pag chineck mo cya, hindi cya pantay - eyesore :(

9.  Lagpas lagpas and makalat na paint sa cornices and walls. And when they tried to repaint the walls to correct it, they used the wrong color of paint (hays!) I got so frustrated na this time kase I really want people out of our house so we can move forward.

10. Our ceiling na punong-puno ng buo-buong masilya, hindi man lang napantay, nakapagpaganda lang dito yung binili namin na recessed lights (buti na lang pandaya ang lights namin).

11. And, the rework that lasted another week was for our kitchen sink na hindi nya alam na undermount sink un and the oven na hindi kasya sa ginawa nyang island. To note: these two things have been at the new house since May pa lang dahil sinabi nyang bilhin na namin dahil kailangan nya ng sukat. This shows na talagang hindi nya tinututukan ang gawa. Nagaway pa kame dito kase mukhang nanghihingi pa ng additional nung nadiscover na hindi kasya ang oven dahil daw sa additional granite which is hindi naman namin kasalanan dahil mali ang gawa ng tao nya.

And, madameng madame pang iba..

Ang nakakainis pa, we later found out na 4 pa pala ang project nya sa mga camella villages here in cavite and yung isang project nya dito sa village namin na nauna pa sa amin gawin - ayun, upto now hindi pa rin tapos - maswerte sya kase nasa cagayan de oro ang may ari kaya hindi natutukan, poor homeowner! :(  the property manager here is aware of the poor performance of the guy but for some reason, he still gets projects inside our village. I don't want to make unbased assumptions pero bahala na si God sa kanila - ayun lang. Mabilis bumalik ang karma!

Hay, anyway, I just hope na somebody will be spared from the nightmare that me and my husband went through by sharing with you our experience with this guy kase it's just heartbreaking. :( nakakatrauma talaga. For all of us who's in the process of building our homes, I pray we all find the rght and decent contractor who'll help us build our dream houses. Feel free to reach me if you need more info or if you have any questions.

iammegirl

• Probationary
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 03:23:02 PM »
hi icar.. naiinis ako sa kwento mo! grabe sama ng contractor mo! hay nko.. mukhang tama yung decision namin ni hubby na kunin is nterior design consultant tapos kami a bahla sa purchasing ng mga materyales. so more or less na momonitor namin labas ng pera. yung designer naman atleast hands on sa mga workers at sa mga gusto namin.  na target naman namin ang deadline at so far okay na okay kami sa outcome.. hayaan mo, may karma yang contractor na yan!!

wel_101

• Hello!
  • Hello!
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »
Hi Icar, just read your ordeal.  I'm really sorry that you have to go through such horror.  I feel for you.  Di bale, mabilis talaga ang karma.  Makakahanap din yan ng katapat. :)
Take a chance..Take a risk...Make a change...

icar_ni_dencio

• Probationary
  • "I found the one whom my soul loves."
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 10:48:41 PM »
Thank you so much mga sis. Tama kayu, may karma talaga sila. I just want to post it talaga para wala na sya mabiktimang iba. Anyway, I hope everyone is ok with their gen contractors. God bless! :)

iamsuperizch

• Junior GirlTalker
  • interior designer + entrepreneur
    • 24 Interiors
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 08:25:47 PM »
I am also in need of a good, reliable and affordable contractor for my Manila and Cavite projects. please do PM me for contact details and if may website or photos online of their past projects, better. i have contacts na from Manila but expensive kasi so most of my clients turned them down. Sayang nga kasi madali kausap and ok naman gumawa, yun lang nga mahal masyado

I have this one good and affordable contractor from Manila and he will be doing my Pasay project but syempre I need more options sana.

Nat Simon and Maribella Construction, ok ba workmanship?
Given na yung delays sa construction but wag naman yung OA sa delay sana and please don't recommend someone na dahil kakilala lang but hindi naman tried and tested. Ayoko mapahiya and hindi sa pagiging masungit ha pero ayoko naman masira name ko because of them.  When I get contractors kasi, i based it mostly on recommendations before I accept them to bid for my projects. Wala naman way para malaman if ok sila or not d ba? Photos can be deceiving and as if naman pwde ko puntahan yung past projects nila. if yes then good but if not then sorry na lang ako  ;D

Do take note too na hindi dahil cheap yung quote e ok na sila. sometimes they use substandard materials to lower the price and maging attractive sa clients.  Always ask kung anong type/kind of materials yung gagamitin nila and do site visits talaga to know if they delivered the approved materials. 
You can't have it all.

sachism

• proud mom to a very charming daughter and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »
We are very disappointed with the workmanship of our contractor. So ngayon may mga kelangan pa kaming ipaulit sa in house contractor. Very pissed. Malaki ang nasanyang na pera at panahon kasi lagi silang delayed. hanggang ngayon, simpleng wires handles ng cabinet, dpa din makabit. :(

I dont recommend him.

I will not post his name kasi nakakatiis pa ako at kapatid sya ng good friend ko. but really, not very good output. :(

oriel02

• Probationary
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »
I just posted on "All About Cabinets" (page 12) about a very unscrupulous house contractor I got and left me in the lurch. I just don't want other unsuspecting clients out there to experience what I went through financially as well as emotionally.

My advice to all contractor shoppers out there is to TRUST your gut feel. I disregarded small inconsistencies I noticed from the start about these people and I'm usually a nitpicker. I guess it was due to my desire to start the project right away.

Should I finish my project, I'll let you know about good people I'll meet along the way.

JUDYLUV

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »
 very disappointed din kami ni hubby with our contractor. almost a year na nila ginagawa yung house namin sometime wala gumagawa..

i dont recommend her! from cavite din sya.. >:(
Simply pretty!!!

airish_2

• Senior GirlTalker
  • i believe everything happens for a reason...
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »
Ask ko lang pag pinaextend ang bahay kaylangan pa ba ng building permit? and mga magkano naman yung bayad?
we don't need more laws, we need implementation.

sachism

• proud mom to a very charming daughter and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »
I just posted on "All About Cabinets" (page 12) about a very unscrupulous house contractor I got and left me in the lurch. I just don't want other unsuspecting clients out there to experience what I went through financially as well as emotionally.

My advice to all contractor shoppers out there is to TRUST your gut feel. I disregarded small inconsistencies I noticed from the start about these people and I'm usually a nitpicker. I guess it was due to my desire to start the project right away.

Should I finish my project, I'll let you know about good people I'll meet along the way.

hindi ko ata ito makita sis.

iamsuperizch

• Junior GirlTalker
    • 24 Interiors
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 06:14:04 AM »
^^^can you PM me the company name? Para maiwasan ko, thanks!
You can't have it all.

iamsuperizch

• Junior GirlTalker
    • 24 Interiors
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
^do you have a website of past projects?
You can't have it all.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.