Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 26 OCT 14
Worried about your performance at work? Find a mentor and ask for guidance. Learning from a senior will help you get better at your job.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: All about the AIRPORT  (Read 56143 times)

badmonkey

• Junior GirlTalker
All about the AIRPORT
« on: July 30, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
Hi GTalkers!

I started this thread for us to be able to share our experiences in the AIRPORT like mga nangraraket na airport employees, nawalang mga baggage, and of course yung pag-co-commute to/from the airport.

Let me start:

Two weeks ago, habang papalabas kami ng ARRIVAL area ng NAIA, grabe nakita ko talaga yung mga binatilyo na sumasampa sa sasakyan nung mga galing airport na halatang may sinundo. Sabi ng tatay ko dati pa daw modus operandi yun na tipong manghahablot sila from any open window.

Napalabas din sa TV yung bundol kotse gang na babanggain kayo then syempre bababa ang driver, magdedeclare sila ng holdap.

QUESTION: Sa mga nagcocommute from Terminal 3, saan kayo sumasakay ng metered taxi? or any public transpo?

Post away mga sisses!  :D

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 10:44:48 PM »
^Sa metered Taxi sis.  Kasi mas mura especially pag maraming dalang luggagges.  :)

badmonkey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 10:52:59 PM »
^Ay talaga? May metered taxi area dun? Kahit gaano kadami luggage mo, walang excess na bayad yun, di ba? I mean, syempre dapat yung kasya lang sa taxi.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 10:58:13 PM »
Isn't there a taxi service accredited by NAIA mismo?
That should prevent you from riding in a hold-up taxi set-up.

As for another AIRPORT kalokohan...
    There was this foreigner lady at our back at that 1st xray machine... yung 1st check.
     Pagdating sa kabila ni foreigner.. nagkagulo ... her bag was missing.  It did not come out of that xray machine.

So there,  make sure your bag goes in and hindi babalik sa entry.. dyan mawawala or makuha ng iba your bag.   So watch that your bag eh umusad usad na before you go through that electronic door frame.   Kasi sometimes,  titigil di ba, or babalik paatras kasi the xray technician looks at the bag before it more closely.

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
^Yes.  There is.  Yung yellow taxis.  Always ask for the yellow taxi bays in all NAIA terminals.  P70 ang initial rate then walang loko sa metering. 

ms.G

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
if i want a taxi, i go to the departure area. dun ako kumukuha ng taxi.
kung commute lang, dun ako sa shuttle bus. P20 lang.

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 12:01:23 AM »
^korek sis, pareho tayo. kung gusto nyo talaga maging safe, yellow taxi kayo. dami kasing garapal na taxi driver jan sa NAIA 3. imagine, ang lapit ko lang sa airport pero pag nangontrata sila 400. nakakalokah! kaya pag wala akong dala masyado, airport shuttle sinasakyan ko pa-EDSA 20 pesos lang. ;) mas prefer ko rin PAL kasi mas madaling kumuha ng taxi sa departure. pag medyo late na dating ko, commute na lang. paglabas ng airport lakad ka lang konti may mga bus & jeep na don. :)
Happy and Proud to be Mrs. MacKenzie =)

surrealprincess

• GirlTalker
    • Weekend Haven
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 11:49:02 PM »
^ thanks for the tip. hindi ko napansin na may shuttle pala sa naia 3.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 02:35:35 PM »
Maki sosyo na ako with your thread ha, BADMONKEY
Before I forget, I will share with you...

Be careful of what you put in your checked in luggage if you are departing or passing through Hongkong.
       There have been quite a number of losses reported by arriving travellers about lost items in their checked in luggage.  The common denominator is HK as the originating airport.

Now, remember... oo, VIP ka.. but if you are not the one who gets your luggage off  the carousels... you cannot claim for losses from the airline.
Of course, you can have the NAIA personnel tasked with assistance to do that for you, and still claim from the airline for losses. 
         I really do not know the procedure for claiming losses, aside from reporting an opened or tampered suitcase BEFORE leaving the Arrival premises... they weigh your suitcase and compare it with the checked in weight.   

Another thing.. while waiting at the predeparture area/s of the HK airport ... mind your bags well.   Incidents have been reported,  that sa isang kisap mata... poof!! wala na your carry on or purse that you put just beside you.  The HK airport authorities are now looking into this increasingly not-so-rare occurrences...  (IMO, kasabwat the cleaning crews or concessionare personnel operating within the pre-departure areas)

So when this prominent marketer related his very unfortunate and expensive loss while waiting at a gate of the HK airport... o ano, sabi ko kay hubby.. eh you laugh at me and call me OC that when I plunk down my Birkin and carry-on just there beside me... I go to the trouble of looping a gadget's thin wire through the handles of my Birkin and carry-on through the chair.. (It comes with 3-digit numbers to lock, and the wire unravels to a max 1.25meter length. The gadget fits the small palm of a  toddler, and bought it from Travel Club)   haha, if anybody is going to run off with my bag or carry-on, sige buhatin nya pati the row of chairs,  including me seated on it.   LOL, magka hernia sya for sure. 

surrealprincess

• GirlTalker
    • Weekend Haven
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »
^that reminds me of Dubai International Airport. Nung paglabas ko dun, they didn't even checked if you claim the right bag. Hmmm... that alarmed me so much, pano na lang if iba ang dumampot ng bag ko and napagkamalan na sa kanya pala yun.

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 02:54:36 PM »
i think, with other airport ganun din naman, they never bother checking if what your carrying is really yours.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 08:51:37 PM »
Tama ka BETTY dito lang nag aabala to check if you have the right bags with you. 

Sabi ha, sabi ... kasi daw abroad you would not dare pick up what is not yours, baka drugs or may contraband inside (you never know daw) eh sabit ka pa.

surrealprincess

• GirlTalker
    • Weekend Haven
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
^I haven't really noticed that, during previous visits naman sa Asian countries, chinicheck nila at least yung tags ng bag. Sa Dubai kasi pagclaim ng bags wala ng security na nagchecheck paglabas, so diredirecho na lang yung sa departure. Which is kind of bothering kahit walang valuables yung bag mo, pano if you have the same exact bag with others.  :o

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
^^korek sis, may na-experience din ako sa HKIA & changi airport. dami kaming kasabay na DH, grabe ang dami nilang bitbit. as in don sila sa check-in counter nag-aayos ng mga maleta dahil excess baggage sila. tapos may mga nakikiusap sa min na makisabay sa check-in. kahit naaawa ako sa kanila, di ako pumayag kasi di ko naman sila talaga kilala kahit pa sabihing kababayan ko sila. ang prob kasi don pag may kontrabando silang dala, sabit ka. kaya sa mga sis na makaka-experience din ng ganito sa kahit na anong airport wag na wag kayong papayag, isipin nyo rin sarili nyo sakaling madamay kayo. :)

betty

• Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 09:57:40 PM »
in my experience sa Japan, they dont bother looking at my luggage tag....
actually kahit naman sa local airport eh, they dont bother.

orangepulp

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 08:06:56 PM »
I think may advantage na our airport here checks our luggage before we leave its premises. Once kasi i traveled with my friend and someone accidentally got her luggage. Nabalik din the next day pero hassle lang.

betty

• Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 08:41:51 PM »
baket ganon, never ko pa naexperience yang baggage/luggage checking na sinasabi nyo?

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 11:12:05 PM »
^meron naman sis, sa PAL terminal 2 tsaka sa mactan airport. sa ibang airport din dito sa pinas ginagawa yong luggage check. :)

betty

• Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 08:48:48 AM »
hehe wala talaga promise even sa PAL terminal, NAIA terminal at NAIA 3

baka naman ang ibig nyong sabihin eh yung pagcheck ng customs if you have something to declare? kase diba sila ang last stop?

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 09:22:36 AM »
No, BETTY.  Dito sa NAIA they check AFTER/pagtapos mo sa Customs counter -- they bother to match up the numbers of your luggage tags with the luggage tag they stick to your boarding pass when you check in .

I have been all over Europe, Asia and the even in the US -- nobody bothers to check if what you are holding is yours.  Now, what is the value then of the numbered luggage tags to them?  If your luggage is lost or you claim for damages for loss or damage -- then the luggage tag number is used.

Baka hindi ka na check kasi  hehe VIP ka all the way.  But even when I was sooo kapal to request for VIP assistance at the NAIAs... the guards after the Customs counters still always check the luggage tag numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.