Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 18 SEP 14
Got leftover ulam in the fridge? Concoct brand-new dishes like vegetarian pasta surf-and-turf fried rice using those ingredients.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Careers in the Airline Industry  (Read 11980 times)

gitee

• always here for you..
  • GirlTalker
  • i will survive
Re: Careers in the Airline Industry
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
^sis, i heard emirates airline is ok.
i may not be able to finish it on time but i will be done before you know it.. you may laugh at me today but i will laugh at you tomorrow.. i will be more successful than you are right now..

roxybaby_

• Probationary
Re: How to b a flight attendant?!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 12:34:12 AM »
if not all, most airlines have their first the initial screening for f.a. aspirants. this is a physical screening which is very important since a stewardess is a front line job. the height, if im not is mistaken would be at least 5'3'' without heels. you should have a good set of teeth, flawless skin (not even a pimple mark) and strictly no visible scars. some airlines, like oman air, would employ ladies only if they are 21 years old to comply with some legal rules. my friends and i applied in a local airline. we're 4 but only one of us got in. i didnt get in because of my scoliosis, 1 of them did not get in because of her sungki. and the other didnt pass the interview. btw, you should also have to have that friendly vibe with good english speaking skill. have all these with confidence im sure you'll get in.

ishi_08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:15 PM »
agree with roxybaby, my sister is a fa sa PAl... :)

patriciaheart

• Registered Nurse, Business Owner and Hot Mommy!
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 02:40:15 PM »
mga sis hindi na daw handle ng IPAMS ang Saudia, EK and Qatar lang.. argh, I have no idea how to apply sa Saudia now dahil [textspeak!] website nila sira ata.. help!!!!!!!!

cool_chique

• Junior GirlTalker
  • morena beauty
    • cheapest nu skin products!
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »
how about singapore airlines?may office ba sila dito, i saw in the net, puro singapore based eh..

tsaka reservations ba talaga ang entry level sa lahat ng airlines especially international carriers?
“Life is violent and cruel by nature, so when something good come along, you gotta stop and celebrate it ” - True Blood

pinky25

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 05:44:49 PM »
hi! saudi airlines office is in makati near mapua. i think they accept resume, then will call you for the interview.

jaded1025

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »
Kailangan ba tourism grad para maging reservations agent?

cool_chique

• Junior GirlTalker
  • morena beauty
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 09:49:13 PM »
^no naman sis, yung friend ko med tech grad pero nakuha siya years ago
“Life is violent and cruel by nature, so when something good come along, you gotta stop and celebrate it ” - True Blood

jaded1025

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »
^ good to know kasi lagi may experience sa reservations ang gusto. sige will try to apply padin. Thanks sis!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:21:06 PM by jaded1025 »

snowhite_12

• certified vain
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • your scent is like a drug to me...
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »
^pag may experience ka na sa GDS like amadeus, abacus, worldspan, saver or selex  may edge kana for reservations agent...
I may be a woman,  but if I choose I have the heart of a man! (Queen Elizabeth)

jaded1025

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
^ Nag-apply na ko, sana matanggap ako.

ishi_08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »
goodluck sis, san airline ka nag apply?

jaded1025

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
^Cathay and singapore airlines sis.

cool_chique

• Junior GirlTalker
  • morena beauty
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »
^sis,fa ba inapplyan mo? nagapply ako sa cathay weeks ago sa reservation pero di ako nakaabot sa 1st batch. di daw sure kung magka-2nd batch.
and sis, san ka nagpass sa singapore airline?

jaded1025

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 09:27:06 PM »
^ reservations din sis. Same building ng Cathay sis..LKG in makati.

cool_chique

• Junior GirlTalker
  • morena beauty
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
^thank you sis! kelan ka nag-apply sa cathay at singapore airlines?  how long kaya response nila kung tatawagan ka for interview?

^may nagpost sa best employer thread, mataas daw salary sa emirates. are they hiring sa reservations? manila based ba? and where could i apply?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:23:37 PM by cool_chique »

brandi

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
gusto ko sana try mag apply fa,freeze sa emirates ngayon,sa qatar sana,kaso nabasa ko madalas daw magtanggal don,bakit kaya?tska may idea ba kayo how much salary sa pal at qatar airways?sana may makasagot tia!

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 12:57:14 AM »
pal 30k for domestic. 12k ang basic salary which is taxable but they have a lot of allowances which is non- taxable to make up for such low salary kaya umaabot ng 30k. around 70k for international.

with qatar, yes its true that grabe magtangalan doon. It's a 5 star airline thus the high standard that their crew has to abide to, some gets terminated, some are happily surviving. They have a curfew as well, you have to be back to your flat by 12 am or 1 am. Basic salary as published on their website is at 1579usd, this includes basic salary and flying hours.. wala pang layover allowance ata ito. From what I know they recieve 70- 120 depending on your flying hours.

70 hours is normal. 100 will be bad for your health. 120 will make you feel you'd rather die than fly another hour.
*dont buy anything you can get for free*

brandi

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
nakakatakot naman,ano usually reasons para materminate?gusto kasi sana magapply,kaso pano kung matanggap ako,baka bigla naman din ako matanggal?for pal, pwede ka ba pumili kung domestic o international?tia!

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 05:54:33 PM »
For Pal, it's base on seniority. You have to wait for a loooong time before you can fly international... Maybe 2-3 years.

Try mo lang din mag apply. May open day and QR on October 2, at Intercon ata. Di ka naman nila tatangalin ng ganun lang. If you abide everything in their manuals you'll be fine. I know of someone who got terminated because of curfew issues and na-late siya sa briefing ng 2 mins. But being late in the aviation industry is a huge no- no.
*dont buy anything you can get for free*

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.