Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 26 NOV 14
Afraid of getting varicose veins? Work out those legs to keep the blood flow going! Try yoga or running.
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: talent manager.help.  (Read 12447 times)

aprilaquino18

• knock knock
talent manager.help.
« on: July 21, 2010, 11:31:43 PM »
is it legal ba na paghubarin yung kinukuha nya for modeling?
his reasons are for medical examination daw, for restrictions daw.

for ex. im the manager, then ill tell the girl na as her manager, dpat makita ko katawan nya.. kung may flaws ba. pero for candymag lang yung usapan ah. NOT FHM. i need your help. thanks.
No Pain No Gain

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: talent manager.help.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:34:31 PM »
I think kung consenting iyun other party, ok lang.
Pag hindi...different story. Kasi may photoshop naman din to edit the pictures.
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

BAISANAN

• Junior GirlTalker
  • "simply unique"
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »
nakakaduda yan......better ask mo ang ibang talent or model kung dumaan ba sa ganyang process. totoo  bang talent manager yon?
"whatever the mind can concieved and believe it will achive"

bravo86

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »
style bulok na yan ng mga manager. familiar with the Jojo Veloso case nung 90s?

ngayon, kung ang talent naman is so naive, atat na atat sumikat, talagang he/she would drop everything... mamaya naka-video na naman yan at biglang lalabas sa bangketa.

kahit na mga men's magz di ginagawa yon. ang alam ko lang na mga manager who are doing such practice are those managers of sleazy bars.

auane

• Junior GirlTalker
  • *whims and needs*
    • ptc sites
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »
nope, hindi tama yan lalo kung minor yung talent. sa doctor kamo siya magpapatingin.
Patience:  A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.  ~Ambrose Bierce

wild_berries

• Junior GirlTalker
  • on the loose...
    • Make-up By Lizette
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:06:33 AM »
Hi dear, I've been working in the fashion industry in the Philippines for around 3 years already.

To answer your question:

No.

1. I have never heard of a modelling agency performing a medical exam.  (After all, work is on a contractual basis, there is no need for a medical exam) And if it is indeed a medical exam, a talent manager is in NO POSITION to perform one and can only be performed by a doctor.

2. If you are a minor, you should always bring a guardian with you and the talent manager/agency should inform you this otherwise they would seem to have dodgy intentions.  First of all, to be safe from harassment.  2nd of all, the agency CANNOT hire you without a guardian's consent. So kung pinapunta ka at hindi ka inadvisan na magdala ng guardian, malabo na yun.  Obviously walang intent to hire you.

3.  At any age in the industry, it is your personal right to choose how revealing you want yourself to be.  It is your restrictions. So kung ayaw mo maghubad, they are not allowed to force you(unless you already agreed in the first place, signed a contract for a project and decided not to do it on the spot.  Different case na yun). So kung VTR lang, ikaw ang bahala magsabi kung hanggan saan ang limit mo. 

4.  Also, most legit casting for revealing projects will immediately inform you in the msg they sent you kung maghuhubad ka (i.e. two-piece, topless, nude, etc.)  Kung legit sila, sasabihin na nila sa invite palang.  Mainly for the reason na ayaw nilang may mga susulpot tas sasabihin ayaw pala kasi hindi nila alam.  It wastes the company's time.

Dear, will you tell me what agency that is and who is your contact person? =)  Just so we are aware.

I, myself, have no personal encounters of sexual harassment in the industry(I'm a make-up artist and wardrobe stylist) but I have a lot of friends in modelling who experienced this when starting out.
Theatre baby, odd jobs girlie, exploring youngster, outspoken teenager.

http://iamlizette.multiply.com

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »
^ Ay sis! Siya iyun napanood ko sa IMBESTIGADOR nung Saturday!!!! Nakngteteng!
Pero diba nakakaduda naman na Talent Manager ka tapos wala ka man lang kotse or di ka man lang nag ta taxi?! Wala lang...malaki din kasi ang cut ng manager sa talent fee ng mga manok nila eh.
Sa UST pa iyun school na pinakita kung saan siya nambibiktima.

Buti nga sa kanya!
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 01:02:10 AM »
I got curious, then searched his name in google.

Apparently, na dismiss yung case due to lack of evidence? He even blogged about it: http://pee-ey.livejournal.com/543.html

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 02:00:50 AM »
^So he probably just had to clear his name sa mga kakilala nya kaya sya nag blog. Pero ang claim nya is dismiss ha. Grabe.

bravo86

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 01:26:03 AM »
^i've seen that segment sa Imbestigador... ikaw ba yung humampas ng mug sa kanya sis?? ;D

Bash

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 05:34:43 AM »
napanood ko din yun. kaya sabi ko na nung nabasa ko yung mga post, familiar yung story.

Buti naman at nakulong na sya... Kahit ako gusto ko syang saktan eh... affected?  ;D

bravo86

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 11:45:16 PM »
^^ang tapang mo sis. ;D pero kung ako naging kuya o bf mo, mas pipiliin ng lokong yon na makulong na lang  where he will be safer.

ishko

• is a happy mom and
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
i salute you girl... ang tapang..  ;D
I love baby Theo!

Miss Charcoal

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 07:08:14 PM »
Di pako nakarinig ng pinaghubad, pero sabi daw pinagsusuot ng white fitted shirt or spaghetti at short shorts.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.